PDA

View Full Version : S-Rank Free Forest to get to Caves?

Heatinmyharbl
Jun 24, 2012, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone. Quick question. I know that you need to S-Rank the Free Forest quest in under 15 minutes to complete Koffee's client order to progress to Caves. My question is this:

What exactly entails an S Rank for this quest? Is it killing EVERY single mob that spawns? I've been trying to do that so far, but I am not coming anywhere CLOSE to finishing in 15 minutes doing this. The one time I skipped ahead to the boss, I only got an A rank, not an S rank. Not to mention the fact that it seems this is always done in multi-party zones and there are mobs all over the place.

So again, my question is, what exactly entails an S rank for this quest? Really tired of looking at the forest and would love to get into the Caves.

I am a level 10 ranger if that matters.

Thanks for looking/responding.

Shadownami92
Jun 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
You don't have to kill them all I don't think, but you need to kill a good amount. I normally stick with the bigger groups and bigger mobs, like the purple monkeys and the big wolves and stuff that get in my way, by groups are easy to take care of since you can hit multiple ones at the same time.

If you have difficulty doing it, get some friends to party with you and it will be tons easier.

Reiashi
Jun 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
Do not get friends to party with you unless they are well level'd. Bringing friends along will increase the amount of Rock Bears that you encounter, which will probably lower your time.

The way I did it was by using that keypad with the exclamation point on it that is in the window of the Mission Drop-in Area (The place with the pool) to use NPC party members. That way you don't trigger the multiple R.Bear encounters.

And it will probably take you a couple of tries to get the S Rank while trying to be as time efficient as possible, so good luck. Hope this helps.