PDA

View Full Version : Item Rare Hunting - How does it work?

lykann
Jun 24, 2012, 09:27 PM
I'd like to know if the item descriptions underneath the monster panes when you select a mission are what kind of drops you may get. i ask only because I've had terrible luck with getting anything better than the first 4* staff.
All other items I was buying from player shops until my first rare gunslash, which is now increasing my rare drop chance.

I suppose I'm mainly asking so i can hunt things to sell, but I'd still like to know.

Priest
Jun 24, 2012, 11:49 PM
I can say with experience that those 2 items it shows are the most recently found is all. Drop rates seem to increase during codes, and of course PSE bursts. You can check the quest record to see what items have been found and how many of each. I've found 4 different rares in one 20 minute quest before.

mnemosy
Jun 25, 2012, 12:02 AM
Damn Priest, 4! You topped my 3 count, when was this. Our desert runs or city missions? Or after I left.

Fusioneko
Jun 25, 2012, 12:05 AM
I just wish swords would stop being the only rares I find. I'd be happy with anyything else.. but no.. stockpiling sword rares is all I'm doing.. bleh.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:06 AM
I can say with experience that those 2 items it shows are the most recently found is all. Drop rates seem to increase during codes, and of course PSE bursts. You can check the quest record to see what items have been found and how many of each. I've found 4 different rares in one 20 minute quest before.

i think you might be wrong. iirc those 2 items displayed never change. they stay static for each mission. why wouldn't they change if its supposed to show the most recently found?

unless they change like once every day, and that's what is considered "recent."

as for rare hunting, this is how it works.

be a hunter sword user. love sword. hunt for hours for zakkusu rare yellow axe looking sword. instead, get two up to 1 red star force weapons, the talis and the rod. i have the angel wing looking talis, and the rod that kinda looks like a broom stick.

FML, if someone wants to somehow set up a trade for a zakkusu, i'll willingly do so.

njdss4
Jun 25, 2012, 12:07 AM
I'm level 14 and haven't found a rare yet. I've done some Caves runs already, but still nothing. It's not a big deal yet, but it would still be nice to get one.

Priest
Jun 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
Well, those 2 items can't be what "can" be found at that time, as I've found rare gunslashes that were listed the day before, but not the day I found them. I firmly believe they are rares that were recently found. I say this because the quest record also doesn't update immediately. Something like every few hours. So I'm imagining those "recently found" items are also updated sparingly.

And nah Mnom, it was actually only 3, a gunslash, yasminkov, and talis. I just wanted to look cool.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
Well, those 2 items can't be what "can" be found at that time, as I've found rare gunslashes that were listed the day before, but not the day I found them. I firmly believe they are rares that were recently found. I say this because the quest record also doesn't update immediately. Something like every few hours. So I'm imagining those "recently found" items are also updated sparingly.

And nah Mnom, it was actually only 3, a gunslash, yasminkov, and talis. I just wanted to look cool.

that would make more sense if it updates every few hours.

looking at the item code records seems to be the most accurate for determining what mission you want to loop over and over though.

on topic, does anybody know if vol dragon itself drops the zaxe (yellow 7 star sword), or does it just drop randomly from a mob, like everybody's favorite common yet rare status revolver gunslash thats retractable.

Mokyu
Jun 25, 2012, 12:19 AM
Im level 16 and im trying to get that Yellow sword that looks like an axe and the purple partisan! T_T

Fusioneko
Jun 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
Is there a rare launcher at all? :x I can't wait till i can run hard mode free-field stuff. That'll be fun.

Mag-X
Jun 25, 2012, 12:52 AM
How rare is the Beam rifle? I hardly see anyone with one. I found mine at like level 5 and have been using it through the whole game so far. It has Shooting I and I got it to +5. Nothing else I've found comes even close to it.

Fusioneko
Jun 25, 2012, 12:53 AM
Wait there's a beam rifle? Like the rianov, standard slow shooting sniper- ish type? I WOULD LOVE one of those. :x I haven't seen anything like that drop.

mhjc
Jun 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
Is there a rare launcher at all? :x I can't wait till i can run hard mode free-field stuff. That'll be fun.

Yes there are, there are even 8 star ones.

XionAsuka
Haven't found any rares yet, but I wouldn't mind one. I just need to figure out what drops where.

Mag-X
It's an assault rifle type. It's got yellow stripes.

KanekoSaya
Jun 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
I saw this person with a cool wing thingy on their back...I want itttttt

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
I hate that the only rare I've found got a pointless element. u . u
I mean, is there any monster weak to dark? D;

Fusioneko
Jun 25, 2012, 01:00 AM

Isn't there a way to change a weapons element?

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 25, 2012, 01:03 AM
Not that I know of, but if there is, I'd love to hear it. > . >;

mhjc
Jun 25, 2012, 01:06 AM

Rappies. The normal rappies with huge baby look on them. Not the nava rappies.

Isn't there a way to change a weapons element?

No, only to increase an element.

smallhail
Jun 25, 2012, 01:07 AM
I have a rare gunblade but it doesn't do nearly as well as a sword as a hunter.

Ex Valkyrie
Jun 25, 2012, 01:08 AM
Rappies. The normal rappies with huge baby look on them.

Great, I have a rare decked out to take down Rappies... u w u;

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 01:10 AM
Great, I have a rare decked out to take down Rappies... u w u;

well they typically drop a grinder when you hit them when they try to run away so i guess it's somewhat useful. grinders are nice.

Fusioneko
Jun 25, 2012, 01:12 AM
I just want some nice rares. I swear to god, that Id's are still present. Maybe I'm a litttle bit crazy. But I noticed certain people are usually always a certain color in the lobby. Some people never change. :/ or so it seems to me.

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 25, 2012, 01:24 AM
I found my fist rare last night at 4am versing the spider boss in the city. It got tekked as a 7 star yellow gun that I havent had a chance to test out in the levels yet. It's not very strong but I'm guessing it can be grinded up and powered up well : )

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 01:27 AM
I found my fist rare last night at 4am versing the spider boss in the city. It got tekked as a 7 star yellow gun that I havent had a chance to test out in the levels yet. It's not very strong but I'm guessing it can be grinded up and powered up well : )

welcome to the club c:

that seems to be a lot of people's first rare. as a result, i saw it once being sold for 5,000 meseta.

even when grinded to max level, the damage isn't increased very much. you'd be better off saving the amount of money it takes to grind, and selling the grinders themselves (~4-5k a pop on market) to buy a weapon you actually want.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 25, 2012, 02:10 AM
FoNewm here and only found a rare gun and a rare sword yet... haven't even tekked them yet....