PDA

View Full Version : Force weapons

Shadowjesse626
Jun 24, 2012, 09:38 PM
can they use other weapons than the staff and cards?

Tenlade
Jun 24, 2012, 09:41 PM
they can use the gunslash, and the bouquet rifle if you got that, otherwise no.

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 09:43 PM
They need weapons other than staff and cards? News to me.

If I need to slash something, I summon up giant swords of light and have at it.

If I need to shoot something, I pick between fireballs, unavoidable arrows of light, lightning, etc.

Get the picture?

Ghalion
Jun 24, 2012, 09:45 PM
might not be a need thing, might just be a fun thing. Or maybe they are just wondering if there's a weapon they don't know about that they still want to try out. I mean if there was another wouldn't you at least want to TRY it?

Shadowjesse626
Jun 24, 2012, 09:46 PM

If I need to shoot something, I pick between fireballs, unavoidable arrows of light, lightning, etc.

Get the picture?

wait......they have giant swords of light? :o

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 09:46 PM
Well, I just already have a huge toolbox as a force.

There's stuff in the data to support subclassing or the like, so you'll probably be able to mix stuff up better in the future.

Randomness
Jun 24, 2012, 09:47 PM

Gigrants. It summons three foot+ swords of light that then spin around you rapidly, dicing up enemies. And inflicting panic.

You can see it in action with the purple force NPC, she casts it regularly, and is also the only place to get it I know of (after like 20 S ranks with her along)

Shadownami92
Jun 24, 2012, 10:57 PM
Gunslash is pretty fun too if you don't have grants yet. I use the PA it starts with and the one that stabs thing really fast. I don't use that as much though. Compared to Techs it's not as useful, I normally just use the gun part to recharge PP between blowing things up.

sugarFO
Jun 24, 2012, 11:08 PM

Get the picture?

Idk about the OP, but I enjoyed when my FOmarl could shoot a gun and use a double saber in the original PSO. It was a fun change of pace. I think the versatility of the classes in the original PSO needs to make a comeback.

Also you're kind of rude.

Darki
Jun 24, 2012, 11:12 PM
they gotta add twin daggers and slicers again. And maybe canes, but I'd like that they do something new, not just another weapon that is used to cast spells, like for example the talis that adds a whole new function to them.

Scrub
Jun 24, 2012, 11:15 PM
I actually switched over to Force from Ranger, mostly because I felt only having 2 weapons as a ranger was kind of limiting and boring, but since I mostly cast spells on my Force the limited types of weapons seems to matter less.

Darki
Jun 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
The thing of the Force class -I'd say- is what you just said, the fact that they have multiple "weapons" in the form of techs. But because of that, they're always the most hybridized of the three classes, because even technics being the main damage source, you know, two weapons is kinda boring.

Sizustar
Jun 25, 2012, 10:20 AM

They also have giant laser baem
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/4208.jpg

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
They also have giant laser baem
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/4208.jpg

Gizonde? Or... what? Don't recognize that.

Sizustar
Jun 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
Gizonde? Or... what? Don't recognize that.

This Technic
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/4207.jpg

Noodles720
Jun 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Where do you get these light technics from?

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
Where do you get these light technics from?

Grants and Gigrants are gifts from the purple force NPC (S rank 5 runs with an NPC tagging along, talk to npc for gift, repeat. The first and fourth gifts, respectively).

Tenlade
Jun 25, 2012, 10:58 AM
I think they mean more the giant laser beam that doesnt have a tech art.(which sadly means its most likely unobtainable)

redroses
Jun 25, 2012, 11:08 AM
It seems to be a hack, already because the name is "light technic 03".
But it's something to look forward to for forces!

Vent
Jun 25, 2012, 11:21 AM
Just for the record, the Soul Eater partisan is currently in the game. I don't have it, but I assume it can be used by any class, at least my Force can equip it if she had it. Rangers and Forces probably won't be able to use PAs with it, just like the Bouquet Rifle.

That hacked tech, looks somewhat like Damgrants from PSU.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
It seems to be a hack, already because the name is "light technic 03".
But it's something to look forward to for forces!

Maybe it's supposed to be Ragrants... I was hoping for a gigantic light sword you summon above you that then crashes down in a line.

In any case, Gigrants tears the antlion boss to shreds. It's weak to light. Summons a ton of tentacles in tight groups. And reveals its weak spot when said tentacles are all cut down. I just threw my card into the middle of them and spammed Gigrants to slaughter everything...

redroses
Jun 25, 2012, 12:52 PM
Maybe it's supposed to be Ragrants... I was hoping for a gigantic light sword you summon above you that then crashes down in a line.

In any case, Gigrants tears the antlion boss to shreds. It's weak to light. Summons a ton of tentacles in tight groups. And reveals its weak spot when said tentacles are all cut down. I just threw my card into the middle of them and spammed Gigrants to slaughter everything...

That sounds pretty awesome, hopefully something like that will still come.

And agh, I miss playing a force ;w; SEGA please let me use AC *throws money at SEGA*

PSO Addict
Jun 25, 2012, 02:26 PM
I was concerned that card gameplay would be too complex as I feel I heal 20 feet behind the enemies more than I do myself... But with proper use, they are really fun! I am sorry if I doubted you Sega. Thanks for the cards!! And I need to look into tugging this force girl around.

Triple_S
Jun 25, 2012, 03:02 PM
What we need is a wand-type weapon that has fast, single-target attacks (weak, though; just for PP regen), but boosts uncharged tech cast speed and damage while disabling charging. The wand could also reduce the cost of casting techs.

The Rod would remain the best for charged tech burst damage (and Rafoie-sniping weakpoints), the card would be great for utility and non-Rafoie AoE spells, and the wand would be for sheer spammability of techs.