PDA

View Full Version : Level 30 Club

mnemosy
Jun 24, 2012, 11:27 PM
For showing off. Although many people will be here soon, it's fun to be one of the first.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi50.tinypic.com/30w3ztu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chik'Tikka
Jun 24, 2012, 11:30 PM
Nice, Congrats+^_^+ gonna just leave this post here for when i hit 30 +^_^+

Greeny421
Jun 24, 2012, 11:34 PM
So there is never any new armor?

mnemosy
Jun 24, 2012, 11:37 PM
Nice, Congrats+^_^+ gonna just leave this post here for when i hit 30 +^_^+
Thanks!

So there is never any new armor?
Not as of yet, no. Units help with def though.

Adept
Jun 24, 2012, 11:45 PM
Grats on 30 mnemosy :) I already posted a picture on the screenshot thread many hours ago, but here it is again:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i49.tinypic.com/svqqac.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now we can do the level 30 free fields as a party of 4 :-P

mnemosy
Jun 24, 2012, 11:52 PM
Yo Ken, I'll see you on after the maintenance. Let's get a party goin in 3 hours.

edit: 2 Kinaya's, wtf. Imposter? Grinding an alt w/ follow?

Adept
Jun 24, 2012, 11:55 PM
Nah, that was a little Kinaya NPC that we hired first before she came on

Priest
Jun 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
I deserve recognition for carrying you all the way to 30!

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
Nice. I should be getting there pretty soon. Gonna hit 27 immediately after the maintenance, and found a great team to grind with. By the way, I remember playing with both of you; Ken and Mnemosy.

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:05 AM
*sips tea* Mmmm yes, jolly good sir I too have reached the cap today... though I couldn't of done it with the halp of Erathiel, Unmei, Elipsion = TEAM U.E.E.E, Inu, Vashzaron and his guildmate I don't want to butcher the name with by spelling... but yes... doing it alone would be a bitch to do... PSO Tsuuuuuuu

(forgive me if i spelled your IGN wrong :c)

KanekoSaya
Jun 25, 2012, 12:05 AM
I'm only level 4 3:

Ryoten
Jun 25, 2012, 12:08 AM
For showing off. Although many people will be here soon, it's fun to be one of the first.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi50.tinypic.com/30w3ztu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You've been playing this game for too long. Put the controller/keyboard/mouse down & enjoy some hobbies or something. lol Jokes aside, grats man.

Home Dog
Jun 25, 2012, 12:08 AM
Congrats!

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
If only I had known how effective PSE Burst was while grinding with a team.

I've put 80 hours into this game and I'm only 26, but about 80% of my game time was in a party of two, which....isn't too great for speed leveling.

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
Oh yes, those were one of the gems when leveling, throughout the game I got at least 5 of them with my team, only one lasting longer than the rest which was in the city mission...

ALSO

I want to thank the PSO2 Dance Crew for I have used you in my mentions saying that you was rooting for us to get to 30! So... THANK YOU ^^

Scyris
Jun 25, 2012, 12:13 AM
I kinda worry aboiut this game if people are already hitting the cap when its been out for a couple days at best. Yeah its a low cap but still.

KanekoSaya
Jun 25, 2012, 12:14 AM
I just got a PSE burst before maintenance...and there were other people in this forest area which was weird because they weren't in the party...and I'm so confused

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
Still have no idea how people hit 30 already. I've been playing quite a bit and only just hit 22.

mnemosy
Jun 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
I kinda worry aboiut this game if people are already hitting the cap when its been out for a couple days at best. Yeah its a low cap but still.
The people at the cap, myself included, have been playing almost nonstop for the past 3 or 4 days and sleeping during maintenances. A casual player won't hit it so fast. But yes, it didn't take that long. Still it's a lot of work to cap all 3 classes, which I will be doing.

I just got a PSE burst before maintenance...and there were other people in this forest area which was weird because they weren't in the party...and I'm so confused
Multiparty areas yo, they exist in this game.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
The people at the cap, myself included, have been playing almost nonstop for the past 3 or 4 days and sleeping during maintenances. A casual player won't hit it so fast. But yes, it didn't take that long. Still it's a lot of work to cap all 3 classes, which I will be doing.

Multiparty areas yo, they exist in this game.

what's your main area to grind? and are you guys in multi party areas?

tl;dr pls tell me how to level faster (i already take client orders and stuff but i don't know what seems to be the easiest/best map to grind. apparently looping in a circle in a multi-party is really effective though, leveled pretty fast when i was lucky to partake in one.)

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:21 AM
@KanekoSaya You was in a mult-party area~ where you would meet more teams other than the one that you are in.

@BIG OLAF It's a secret~ aweehooeh

Actually in my case I was picking up client quests that where purely kill and collection quest - as I blindly followed this trend it did help. As well as getting PSE and a decent run with a good flow of code interruptions.

Ark22
Jun 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
Man I am stuck in NYC. When I get home I have to send my laptop in. I haven't even start
yet. But congrats dood.

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
Still have no idea how people hit 30 already. I've been playing quite a bit and only just hit 22.

PSE Burst up the butt. Simple as that.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
PSE Burst up the butt.

Seems the PSE Bursts I get are shit, though. They only last one or two minutes, and we only get like 3-4 enemies to spawn at a time. Is there some sort of trick to getting massive, meseta and item spewing hordes of monsters to spawn? Because all of mine have been lackluster at best.

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:24 AM

Cap is only going to get higher, mate. Full release will raise the bar to 40, and I can guarantee you that with the known leaked content on the way in the future, that level is going to increase again. And the higher level you are, the longer it takes for the next.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:24 AM
Seems the PSE Bursts I get are shit, though. They only last one or two minutes, and we only get like 3-4 enemies to spawn at a time. Is there some sort of trick to getting massive, meseta and item spewing hordes of monsters to spawn? Because all of mine have been lackluster at best.

yeah i'm having this problem too. not enough mobs spawn to keep the pse burst going. i have a feeling just partying with 3 other rangers that all have launcher is what has to be done lol

mnemosy
Jun 25, 2012, 12:25 AM
what's your main area to grind? and are you guys in multi party areas?

Up to level 25 the best exp is on Desert Free with a party of 4 on normal. Even if you can do Hard Forest at that point it's not faster.
25-30 best exp is Desert 1 or 3, they're both good. Strat for 1 is do a bunch of Codes and keep cycling through the mission. 3 is pretty much kill all the things and do a couple loops around the 2nd zone, it's a multiparty area.
Of course client orders are great to work on too, so make sure you keep up on those. I actually dinged to 30 because I finished a client order that gives 10k exp.

gantzkaiser
Jun 25, 2012, 12:25 AM
The people at the cap, myself included, have been playing almost nonstop for the past 3 or 4 days and sleeping during maintenances.

This is sick ^^

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:27 AM
This is sick ^^

dis jigga jellis

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:27 AM

Well, from my experiences with efficient and effective PSE Burst grinding, the best map is the Desert Free Mission. What a group and I did was run in circles continuously killing spawning mobs. Once you hit any PSE level to 8, Bam. Burst activated. The trick to keeping the burst is being in a small area where the spawns are close to each other and it's easy to keep a continuous grinding flow. Otherwise, PSE levels reset. It's best to have a large group, too.

Arika
Jun 25, 2012, 12:28 AM

You could just ask me though. I know the tip, but I just not do it, because my goal is to finish all client order.

Fatal-Killer
Jun 25, 2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah also managed to hit lv 30 a few hours after yesterdays maintenance, time to reduce gameplay time.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t490/Elipsion1/pso20120624_174723_016.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

mnemosy
You could just ask me though. I know the tip, but I just not do it, because my goal is to finish all client order.

I've finished all client orders and matter boards, so don't tell me you can't hit 30 fast and not do those at the same time. I'm living proof.
edit: only CO's I haven't done are the hard mode ones for the other 2 classes, but that'll come soon enough.

soulpimpwizzurd
Well, from my experiences with efficient and effective PSE Burst grinding, the best map is the Desert Free Mission. What a group and I did was run in circles continuously killing spawning mobs. Once you hit any PSE level to 8, Bam. Burst activated. The trick to keeping the burst is being in a small area where the spawns are close to each other and it's easy to keep a continuous grinding flow. Otherwise, PSE levels reset. It's best to have a large group, too.

that's an excellent tip on maintaining the pse burst.

thank you for your help supersonix, i'd rep you if there was a rep system.

@mnemosy pls dont epeen dawg dis might go bad mayn. granted arika doing that whole 'well i could totally do it, but i don't wanna thing' is obnoxious just let it slide and be the bigger man

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 12:31 AM
This is sick ^^

"Sick" is one word for it, I guess. :wacko:

I guess that's the issue, then. We always seem to be in a giant, open space when we get ours. However, running into a very large group of enemies in a tight space to activate the Burst is basically just luck. As for large groups, I guess that would be luck, too, seeing as we don't always seem to run into other parties in multi-party areas.

Guess I'll just try some more and hope it all falls into place.

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:31 AM
that's an excellent tip on maintaining the pse burst.

thank you for your help supersonix, i'd rep you if there was a rep system.

Again, I'm not a professional on grinding and such (I'm 26, not 30), but I did find this tip out just as I became level 26, and I can certainly say that it greatly increased my exp gain speed.

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah also managed to hit lv 30 a few hours after yesterdays maintenance, time to reduce gameplay time.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t490/Elipsion1/pso20120624_174723_016.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Thats when you ditched Era and I D:

But now we can run those free missions :D

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:34 AM
Thats when you ditched Era and I D:

But now we can run those free missions :D

Now you can rare hunt. One of the best aspects of Phantasy Star.

Scrub
Jun 25, 2012, 12:36 AM
I thought I was doing decently enough with my level 15 ranger that I could start over as a force, got to level 11, felt pretty good about myself or that so I logged off and decided to check good ole psow. See a buncha guys that are already max level.

My shame knows no limit.

EDIT: What is the best way to level actually? Is it to just run missions as fast as possible, or sit around in open areas and killing respawns/looking for those Subquest things?

I'm guessing that being in a party helps speed things up massively but I dont have the heart to just randomly join people's parties so I do most of my playing solo.

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
Now you can rare hunt. One of the best aspects of Phantasy Star.

Yeah, but you know what is ironic... I have not yet found a 7* or better hunter weapon... EVER.

7* ranger weapon... yes... 7* force weapon.. yes... 7* Gunslashes... 3 is too many for my tastes...

Today, one of my running buddies got a 7* lance... while I get Lv 7 Grants but... I CANT USE IT D:

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:39 AM
level 15 ranger... force, got to level 11, felt pretty good about myself

My shame knows no limit.

oh man my sides

mhjc
Jun 25, 2012, 12:39 AM
Congrats to the ones hitting 30. Thanks for the tip for PSE bursting, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it since I got many of my friends to open Desert. Hopefully I can grind 30 soon enough. I haven't bothered grinding and nearly hit 23 already! Maybe I can hit 30 in 2 days or something :3

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
Congrats to the ones hitting 30. Thanks for the tip for PSE bursting, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it since I got many of my friends to open Desert. Hopefully I can grind 30 soon enough. I haven't bothered grinding and nearly hit 23 already! Maybe I can hit 30 in 2 days or something :3

i only wanna grind to lvl 25 so i can get all the skills i want, after that i'll just do missions that have a rare i want. rare hunting will level me up either way. i figure this is the most efficient usage of my gaming time.

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah, but you know what is ironic... I have not yet found a 7* or better hunter weapon... EVER.

7* ranger weapon... yes... 7* force weapon.. yes... 7* Gunslashes... 3 is too many for my tastes...

Today, one of my running buddies got a 7* lance... while I get Lv 7 Grants but... I CANT USE IT D:

Yeah, It's a shame. The only real problem I have with the game at this point is the extremely low rare drop rate. After fighting about 100 boss monsters, you would think that maybe one of them dropped something interesting....right?

Although I did manage to obtain the 7* Gunslash and the 7* Talis, but the funny thing is that they were obtained extremely early in the game for me (wouldn't you expect rare items more often in the later areas?)

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah, It's a shame. The only real problem I have with the game at this point is the extremely low rare drop rate. After fighting about 100 boss monsters, you would think that maybe one of them dropped something interesting....right?

Although I did manage to obtain the 7* Gunslash and the 7* Talis, but the funny thing is that they were obtained extremely early in the game for me (wouldn't you expect rare items more often in the later areas?)

I know right, I was tempted by the market... but I refuse to buy one... I want that joy of getting the drop first...

I have lost some encouragement here and there but after hearing that someone got the Dragon Tail from Lv 30 Caves mission gave me hope again... then again, I may be speaking too soon for myself...

Also the first 7* rare I got was.... a gunslash... ._.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:44 AM

because the burst system increases drop rate i have a feeling that boss monsters are now an incredible waste of time if you can get a good party and pse burst. both my 7 and 8* rares came from just derping around and killing mobs.

@cypher 9 and gunslash

welcome to the club c:

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:45 AM
because the burst system increases drop rate i have a feeling that boss monsters are now an incredible waste of time if you can get a good party and pse burst. both my 7 and 8* rares came from just derping around and killing mobs.

Barring boss-specific drops, anyways.

There's a rod I see on the report in VERY small numbers that I suspect is from Ragne (The highest find count I ever saw was the one mission it always spawns in)

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
Barring boss-specific drops, anyways.

There's a rod I see on the report in VERY small numbers that I suspect is from Ragne (The highest find count I ever saw was the one mission it always spawns in)

thats the thing i was wondering about...

that rod i've seen there's like only 9. but we don't know if it only drops from the boss, it could just be INCREDIBLY SUPER rare..

Cypher_9
@cypher 9 and gunslash

welcome to the club c:

Thank you ;_;

Cyclon
I can't seem to find the time to play lastly... and when I do, bam, maintenance... Only 14 as of now.
Grats:)

mhjc
Jun 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
I know right, I was tempted by the market... but I refuse to buy one... I want that joy of getting the drop first...

I have lost some encouragement here and there but after hearing that someone got the Dragon Tail from Lv 30 Caves mission gave me hope again... then again, I may be speaking too soon for myself...

Yes, I hate that silly gunslash. I want a GS, a partisan, a Wiredlance, any would be nice... but I get that silly gunslash that everyone has. I was so fooled when I found my first red box in Hard caves, only to find out it was that damned thing. I thought they were "normal" drops only :(

We should dub it the honorary DB Saber.

supersonix9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:50 AM

Well actually, did you know there's a list that you can check showing all of the unique weapon and unit drops that you've obtained through drops? That's why I don't buy stuff from the AH, is because it's fun to watch that little collection grow (AH obtained weapons don't get added to the list)

catwat
Jun 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
Im about 3k exp away but priest and me both got rares and we decided to check on them before the server goes offline. He got a yasminkov and i got a daylight scar :)

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
thats the thing i was wondering about...

that rod i've seen there's like only 9. but we don't know if it only drops from the boss, it could just be INCREDIBLY SUPER rare..

You know what was cool though, I seen a japanese player with a paint brush as the rod... another player with the Yasminkov 5000 (heard the bullet shots and not truly sure if it is the Yas) and I seen a player with a funky looking rod, it looked cool...

Yes, I hate that silly gunslash. I want a GS, a partisan, a Wiredlance, any would be nice... but I get that silly gunslash that everyone has. I was so fooled when I found my first red box in Hard caves, only to find out it was that damned thing. I thought they were "normal" drops only :(

We should dub it the honorary DB Saber.

So shall it be written... so shall it be DONE... 7* gunslashes are now the new DB saber of PSO Tsuuuuuu!

Well actually, did you know there's a list that you can check showing all of the unique weapon and unit drops that you've obtained through drops? That's why I don't buy stuff from the AH, is because it's fun to watch that little collection grow (AH obtained weapons don't get added to the list)

Yes I am aware, and its a nice little thing they implemented, it can give a good idea on a 'drop' rate server wise... least you know where to go to find it... and all you can do is hope... and pray... and die along the way...

otakun
Jun 25, 2012, 12:52 AM
I've been playing pretty casually. I have no need to rush things since I plan to play for a while and none of my friends are interested in playing without the ENG patch. If this was the official American version then I would probably have gone hardcore on it but I'm not interested in burning myself out before there is news of possible localization yet.

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 12:52 AM
You know what was cool though, I seen a japanese player with a paint brush as the rod...

Actually, that was (probably) the Caster Broom. it does look like a paintbrush, though. Pretty cool, I must say.

Arika
Jun 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
I've finished all client orders and matter boards, so don't tell me you can't hit 30 fast and not do those at the same time. I'm living proof.
edit: only CO's I haven't done are the hard mode ones for the other 2 classes, but that'll come soon enough.

he is asking for the quickest way to 30, so I told him I know. (since another guys said secret)

and nope where did I mention that you not do client?
(..Plus yet you just admit you didn't do hard client yet lol. )

I plays the way I think best. it is not for quickest, but I manage to finish every client possible accordingly to my level before step up.

Anyway, the quickest way to level up actually is to make own or join in large multiple area mission and spam event instead of clear it. there is a lobby that JP dedicated for it too. although i see no point in rushing. it took much more time to get all the client done, and rare hunt. wiki list of drop is starting to filling up too.

Edit: forget to say another tip = not go to work (lol)

Cypher_9
Jun 25, 2012, 01:00 AM
Actually, that was (probably) the Caster Broom. it does look like a paintbrush, though. Pretty cool, I must say.

Ah I see... and it does look pretty fun to see on a girl characters back... I would think it would look weird on a males back... probably is something tailored for that gender? Which brings me to this... are there or going to be any gender base/locked weapons like they were on PSU/PSO... (i vaguely remember)

he is asking for the quickest way to 30, so I told him I know. (since another guys said secret)

LOL I was just joshing around with that... but I gave out the goods... like a good dealer - this is what I said~

@BIG OLAF It's a secret~ aweehooeh

Actually in my case I was picking up client quests that where purely kill and collection quest - as I blindly followed this trend it did help. As well as getting PSE and a decent run with a good flow of code interruptions.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 01:03 AM

and nope where did I mention that you not do client?
(..Plus yet you just admit you didn't do hard client yet lol. )

I plays the way I think best. it is not for quickest, but I manage to finish every client possible accordingly to my level before step up.

Anyway, the quickest way to level up actually is to make own or join in large multiple area mission and spam event. there is a lobby that JP dedicated for it too. although i see no point in rushing. it took much more time to get all the client done, and rare hunt. wiki list of drop is starting to filling up too.

then there was a disconnect in your explanation of what you're talking about. mnem and i read your previous statement as a, "i could totally do it but i don't want to" kinda thing, a little bit pretentious.

but now i get it. you're talking about optimizing gameplay TIME, and the ratio of time you play spending games compared to how quickly you can finish client missions. that, i get. it's quite possible that you have played pso2 much less in total game time hours than mnem, but will be able to complete client orders faster than mnem did.

sorry for jumping to conclusions on what you meant on that statement and calling you obnoxious, that was simply a misunderstanding on my part.

can you tell me what block is dedicated to the multi party rushing?

jiasu73
Jun 25, 2012, 01:05 AM
can you tell me what block is dedicated to the multi party rushing?

I usually have an easy time finding multi-area dedicated parties in blocks 1-3.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 01:07 AM
I usually have an easy time finding multi-area dedicated parties in blocks 1-3.

thanks for the tip jiasu

BIG OLAF
Jun 25, 2012, 01:11 AM
although i see no point in rushing.

Oh, no, I agree. I couldn't care less who's hit level cap before me, or who has what rare. I just worry about myself, and my friends. I'm enjoying myself, and I play at my own pace (somewhere between 'casual' and 'hardcore'; I'm a bit of both).

The only time I have a problem is when someone(s) gets uppity and tries to shove their 'progress' in my face like it makes them better than me or something. I absolutely despise people who "force" me into a competition that otherwise wouldn't even exist (comparisons, etc.).

^I'm not saying that's what this thread is trying to do, because I know it's not. I was just saying all that for the sake of saying it.

Edit: forget to say another tip = not go to work (lol)

If I had a work to go to, I would happily go there over playing PSO2, haha. ^^;

Dabian
Jun 25, 2012, 02:03 AM
Power-level me plz. :P

Adept
Jun 25, 2012, 02:48 AM
I was the first to reach level 30, and I never actually used PSE burst that much. It might've activated once or twice but never really got anything good out of it.

My main source of exp came from repeatable quests, lots of emergency codes, having a decent party and having no life.

Freshellent
Jun 25, 2012, 03:26 AM
In some ways, I kind of miss having the level cap races we had in PSU. Brought a lot of players together and got to meet a few nice people. Although the staying up for 3 days straight bit takes a toll on you after a while.

In any case, congrats fellow! Hopefully now you get some shut eye and get back to work on your next goal!

MasterSpark
Jun 25, 2012, 03:45 AM
If I had a work to go to, I would happily go there over playing PSO2, haha. ^^;

I'm employed by my university as an assistant for a summer course in programming. My duties include grading submitted assignments, answering forum threads and emails. From home. Guess what I'm doing alongside that. :D

CrAZYVIC.
Jun 25, 2012, 04:09 AM
Big congrats on lv 30!. But I suppose? is in the Full game, when the rush for the lv start?. I think a lot of people is enjoying and learning the game mechanisms in the beta and maybe rush in the full game or in a event like Maximun attack xD?

renrinken
Jun 25, 2012, 04:13 AM
Big congrats on lv 30!. But I suppose? is in the Full game, when the rush for the lv start?. I think a lot of people is enjoying and learning the game mechanisms in the beta and maybe rush in the full game or in a event like Maximun attack xD?

To bad we wont get the "Full Game" for awhile now. Apparently all up to lv100 is planned out but on official release we are only getting up to lv40. Seems they are planning a staggered content release just like PSU. Could take up to half a year to get to lv100 content.

CrAZYVIC.
Jun 25, 2012, 04:28 AM
To bad we wont get the "Full Game" for awhile now. Apparently all up to lv100 is planned out but on official release we are only getting up to lv40. Seems they are planning a staggered content release just like PSU. Could take up to half a year to get to lv100 content.

Lv is 100 is a nice start! Im glad with it. Ah yeah PSU jp started in the lv 50 and with more areas than open beta pso2 i hope for the official launch we have as minimiun the same amount of areas like psu jp. Yeah they increased gradually the lv cap. But even so the lv 50 in psu jp was the main launch xD.

I dont like very much the increase lv gradually. This kill all lv up rushes just as in PSU. I enjoy more the epic lv up rushes, like in pso ver2/pso gc/pso bb / ep3 ones, with long way to go and noticing, the high LV people.

DoubleCannon
Jun 25, 2012, 08:24 AM
whats total exp at level 30!?

Adept
Jun 25, 2012, 08:42 AM
whats total exp at level 30!?

Dunno about the total, but you need (if i remember correctly) 64k exp to get from 29 to 30

DoubleCannon
Jun 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
64k eh? thats pretty awesome. I know some out there hate this grind feeling but i welcome the amount of time it takes to max out. like some worry level 40 is low and will be hit in hours, I say this isnt D3 lol, I think many hours will be needed to hit 40 let alone 40 on all 3 classes. But 64k from 29-30 is nice. I like that lol, anything to see actual exp show and not max exp ;_; but the rare hunt will always be there.

Memorex
Jun 25, 2012, 09:07 AM
Is the Max level for the open beta 40 or 30?

paperjake
Jun 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
Level 30 takes a lot of effort. I'm not sure I'll make it anytime soon =(

DoubleCannon
Jun 25, 2012, 09:09 AM
Is the Max level for the open beta 40 or 30?

30 i just ment on release its 40. but then take in account how long it will take to reach 100. 4.5 mil exp from 99-100!

supersonix9
Jun 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
Hit cap. I'm happy now.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4679/pso20120626023548008.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

mnemosy
Jun 26, 2012, 03:27 AM
Yo, gratz Sain.

supersonix9
Jun 26, 2012, 03:34 AM
Yo, gratz Sain.

Thanks brah.

MiaRitz
Jun 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/MiaRitz/pso20120626_193931_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Late to the party, but oh well. I didn't play in the cbt and can't read japanese so a lot of time went to figuring stuff out the hard way.

Gama
Jun 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
great now cap the other 2 types xD

thablinksta
Jun 26, 2012, 02:45 PM
i'm still only level 20, but give me a few more weekends and i'll get there!

if i didn't have work, I would already be 30 im sure. My goal is to get 30 with every class.

Lumir
Jun 26, 2012, 03:01 PM
Level 30 takes a lot of effort. I'm not sure I'll make it anytime soon =(

Not really, If you ignore everything else and go strait for 30 you can get there pretty fast. Id say 4-7 days depending on how much you can play (also knowing what to do to reach new area's and hard mode is a big + but not hard to figure out). Personally Im at lvl 29 100% on both matter boards, complete story, and nearly all client orders finished. Will be hitting up ranger class today probably so i can use some of the rare guns I have found.

DemonMike
Jun 26, 2012, 03:11 PM
Hit 30 late last night with a buddy from Team Propane(Propanium? Something propane related) who's supposedly on here (not sure what their username is). Either way, EXP FULL.

mnemosy
Jun 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
great now cap the other 2 types xD

Lol, already started. 12 RA, 5 FO, 30 HU. I really need someone to explain HOW you swap your sub pallettes on the keyboard so I can play FO properly because until then it's really annoying to redo my entire 1st palette. They give us 6 sub-palettes and no easy way to change them! lol

Vylera
Jun 26, 2012, 04:07 PM
Does having a level 19 RA and 18 HU combine together to make one level 30?

:roll:

thablinksta
Jun 26, 2012, 04:51 PM

it counts. CONGRATULATIONS!

NoiseHERO
Jun 26, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hey...

You lvl 30 guys, are you high enough to equip those 9-star units?

Kanore
Jun 26, 2012, 07:01 PM

yes.

as an english player i see the JP version as more of a testing bed than being concerned about min/maxing and having max level as a goal

mnemosy
Jun 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
Hey...

Some, not all. Some require stats for level 35 to 40, some you can equip though. Depends on a lot of things but for the most part, no, people can't.

supersonix9
Jun 26, 2012, 10:30 PM
They require some pretty ridiculous stats......or well, they do because nobody makes defense mags.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/MiaRitz/pso20120626_193931_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Late to the party, but oh well. I didn't play in the cbt and can't read japanese so a lot of time went to figuring stuff out the hard way.

You're not late to the party. There still aren't many 30s on the game yet.

Cypher_9
Jun 27, 2012, 12:39 AM
HEY I played with you... nice you made it to 30... congratulations... now time to hunt!

Hey...

Well it depends... I can say with confidence that if you raise your mag a particular way then you'd be able to equip some of the un-equipable items. Like the Vol Dragon sword or some 8* I believe needs 410 S-atk? If you have a straight up power (s-atk) mag... that would be no problem to wear around level 30. Just today, I am able to wear 3* weapons that I wasnt able to wear before hand, but by raising the mag... right now it being (62/0/0/25/0/0/0) I gained the s-atk needed to equip them.

Same goes for units... you need to raise a certain defense to wear the certain types whether it is s-def, r-def, or t-def type of units. As it is known, nobody raised a defense mag... so of course one would be lacking in the defense department but, I would say it is highly possible if the mag was raised in such a way to aid in the stat.

mhjc
Jun 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/JC2900/PSO2/pso20120627_004201_004.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I think I'm pretty late, but overall not a bad time to get to 30 when I don't really grind apart from a bit today ^^.

Now I can easily get the EX drinks.

NoiseHERO
Jun 27, 2012, 01:23 AM
They require some pretty ridiculous stats......or well, they do because nobody makes defense mags.

Ugh they look cool... But I don't wanna add defense to my mag for them...

sugarFO
Jun 27, 2012, 01:35 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/JC2900/PSO2/pso20120627_004201_004.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I think I'm pretty late, but overall not a bad time to get to 30 when I don't really grind apart from a bit today ^^.

Congrats! And lol at my picture with my big ass talis in front of my face.

Cypher_9
Jun 27, 2012, 01:44 AM

Nice! keep them comin... we need more peeps so we can get the fruits of laborz.. TOGETHER

Kenny8615
Jun 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
i literally need like a pixel to become a level 30, i would love to join you guys once i get my 30 if you wouldn't mind having me.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:06 PM
I'm taking my time. I enjoy leveling too much that I want it to be fun and not a chore. I would be upset if I maxed my level in the first week... I hope they raise the cap frequently.

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
Well, I hit level 30. Don't have a screenshot, though. I always have the HUD off for pictures unless I'm taking a menu shot for a friend to help translate.

So, okay, that's pretty much it.

Crysteon
Jun 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
Kinda late for this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/DPTastic/pso20120627_191308_000.jpg

It took me some time, though...I guess it's okay for someone who prefers to solo 90% of the time.

Kenny8615
Jun 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
I'm taking my time. I enjoy leveling too much that I want it to be fun and not a chore. I would be upset if I maxed my level in the first week... I hope they raise the cap frequently.
the level cap is going to stay 30 until the full game is released, then it'll be 40.

krophiquon
Jun 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
Hit 30 late last night with a buddy from Team Propane(Propanium? Something propane related) who's supposedly on here (not sure what their username is). Either way, EXP FULL.

Heh, I saw that team name too. It was "The Propaniacs" - a reference to an episode of King of the Hill.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 03:31 PM
I'm level 30! wooo I've been for a day or two but hadn't gotten around to posting.

jooozek
Jun 28, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm level 30 too although I'm thinking of re-doing my char with picking a race balanced for all classes and a proper mag to boot. Then again I could just make a new account I guess? How does SEGA feel about multiple accounts?

mhjc
Jun 28, 2012, 04:11 PM
I'm level 30 too although I'm thinking of re-doing my char with picking a race balanced for all classes and a proper mag to boot. Then again I could just make a new account I guess? How does SEGA feel about multiple accounts?

In most TOS's you're not suppose to have multiple accounts, but since this game has netcafe support, they don't really focus on IPs as "multiple" accounts. So, as long as you're not saying in public in front of SEGA "I have mulitple accounts" they can't really do anything against you.

HandOfThornz
Jun 28, 2012, 05:59 PM
I reached level30 ranger yesterday, but forgot to post.
I've started doing client orders with my ranger and giving the EXP rewards to my other classes.
So far Hunter lvl5 and force lvl11, lol. I reckon i may be able to max all classes with client order EXP by the end of OB, \o/ lol.

mnemosy
Jun 28, 2012, 10:07 PM
I reached level30 ranger yesterday, but forgot to post.
I've started doing client orders with my ranger and giving the EXP rewards to my other classes.
So far Hunter lvl5 and force lvl11, lol. I reckon i may be able to max all classes with client order EXP by the end of OB, \o/ lol.

I really wouldn't try to max all the classes just with client order. The first few 10 or 15 levels are fine to do like that but you only get like 300 to 1k exp on repeatable quests. I haven't added up all the repeatables to see what is possible in a day if you do them all and turn them in on alts, but consider that you need over 600k exp to reach level 30. That's quite a lot of repeatables for 2 more classes. Better to actually play on those characters and grind them up.

Another reason for this is- why are you leveling a class that you don't even want to play? If you want to play it then grind it up. If you just use quests to get to cap people will ASSUME that you have the experience of a level 30 in that class when in reality you have the experience of a level 1. I have seen level 30 rangers start over on hunter and do AWFULLY because they aren't able to get in the habit of blocking and don't like the close combat, they are just used to sniping enemies from a safe distance. It led to incredibly clumsy "mid level" hunter play where at that level you should be a much better player than what your skill is actually showing.

Arika
Jun 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
Another reason for this is- why are you leveling a class that you don't even want to play?

So true, but some people just like to level up everything they can I think. Similar to collector that doesn't use most of their weapons at all, but want to have all.

On topic tho, from lv 30 onward until lv 40. I have a little worry that only high rank mission we can spam there during that period would be Snow area (Hard).

I really hope that they will give some more forest/cave mission for some variety with lv 40 monsters too.
(They could add the mission in alpha-test that has big dark orb at the end for new forest mission)

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 11:26 PM
Big dark orb?

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 11:29 PM
So true, but some people just like to level up everything they can I think. Similar to collector that doesn't use most of their weapons at all, but want to have all.

On topic tho, from lv 30 onward until lv 40. I have a little worry that only high rank mission we can spam there during that period would be Snow area (Hard).

I really hope that they will give some more forest/cave mission for some variety with lv 40 monsters too.
(They could add the mission in alpha-test that has big dark orb at the end for new forest mission)

I herd there is content up to level 50 already but its still being worked on ect.

Blackheart521
Jun 28, 2012, 11:39 PM

I have both of these traits lol, plus I'm still hoping they'll pull the sub class thing out into the game so that when they do I'll be able to have my Hunter with a Force sub class ^^

Cypher_9
Jun 29, 2012, 04:26 AM
If anyone is interested, I am in the process of running a multi-party in caves for any current or turned 30... we are in block 20 and call out 'Exodus' if you are there... :D

Boodendorf
Jun 29, 2012, 04:38 AM
Wait a sec, 30 is the cap? I thought it was 40.

mnemosy
Jun 29, 2012, 07:28 AM
Wait a sec, 30 is the cap? I thought it was 40.

30 is open beta cap, 40 (or maybe 50, we don't know yet) will be release cap at start.

Arika
Jun 29, 2012, 10:02 AM
^
^
Well, they announce it to be 40. Level cap will rise over the patch later on. Hopefully won't take too long time.

Fusioneko
Jun 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
Meow! that was a very painful 5-6 hours in caves I tell you. My eyes hurt, headaches all over. It was fun, but the aftereffects, ugh!

mhjc
Jul 1, 2012, 08:14 AM
May I join the club again?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/JC2900/pso20120701_074909_004.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 1, 2012, 08:31 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/JC2900/pso20120701_074909_004.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

how do you guys get that cool hp bar above allies? it'd be useful for when i go force and wanna heal teammates

mhjc
Jul 1, 2012, 09:07 AM
how do you guys get that cool hp bar above allies? it'd be useful for when i go force and wanna heal teammates

Middle mouse button/F9 --- > 3rd option --- > The option with HP in it.

Wayu
Jul 1, 2012, 09:15 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss135/iRathiest/PSO2/pso20120701_161501_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not when I first hit 30 but yeah.

-Wayu

Kinaya
Jul 1, 2012, 09:32 AM

lol! it'se meeeee Kinaya ;D with my second lv 30 cha lol

Blackheart521
Jul 1, 2012, 12:46 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii561/blackheart5212/pso20120701_123412_000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Forgot to turn the HUD back on but I still have the level up glow on my character in the picture. Storming like hell now so the internet keeps going out, went out literally 10 seconds after I hit 30 ^^;

Jay6
Jul 1, 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm finally in the Level 30 club too... Now I'm just working on Ranger, then I'll get to Hunter eventually. Force is still really fun to play as (I love making explosions everywhere I walk).

Boodendorf
Jul 1, 2012, 02:39 PM
I'm in that club too now!
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/26/1341171531-pso20120701_213739_003.jpg
Also showing off my crappy weapon here because I want to.

Digibilly17
Jul 1, 2012, 08:41 PM
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542931587924669831/B1846735C05B0BBC0556EC59711A9D5A091F050A/

BogusKun
Jul 2, 2012, 10:28 PM
Got it this morning. Guess I'm switching back from ranger for now.

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
I hit level 30, but this club is whack, yo.

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm in that club too now!
[spoiler-box]http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2012/26/1341171531-pso20120701_213739_003.jpg
Also showing off my crappy weapon here because I want to.[/spoiler-box]

Don't feel bad, I still have that crappy weapon, too. Even with crappy weapons, hunters can still do damage!!

Congrats to all the new 30s who made it before the beta ended.

PSO Addict
Jul 2, 2012, 10:30 PM
You tell them Mr. Eastwood.

Crimson Exile
Jul 2, 2012, 10:32 PM
Finally hit 30 last 10mins before servers went down.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2012, 10:35 PM
Been 30 for a while, don't think it really matters since most of my friends are still sub-25 though so if they're on I'm not really doing level 30 stuff.

buri-chan
Jul 2, 2012, 10:38 PM
This club is old and busted.

Level 40 Club is soon-to-be new hotness.

mhjc
Jul 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
This club is old and busted.

Level 40 Club is soon-to-be new hotness.

The theory is that you need 1.2m to hit lv40, so having 2 level 30s is basically already hitting lv40 >.o But yesh, we will need to establish a new lv40 club soon.

Macman
Jul 2, 2012, 10:42 PM
Don't forget the level 50 club, and 60, and 65, and 80...

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 2, 2012, 10:51 PM
considering the sheer amount of daily quests you can get, i honestly think people will be reaching lvl 40 in no time (gameplay time wise, not actual passing days wise).

if you do all the dailies you can easily net well over i'd say 20,000 exp easy. it probably takes maybe 2-3 hours to do all the dailies as well.