PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Technics for non-forces?

Valatar
Jun 25, 2012, 01:54 AM
I can't seem to get my HUnewearl to use technics, despite having the stats needed to learn them. Am I just doing something wrong here, or are they not usable? My time in PSO was spent HUnewearling it up as a melee/caster, which was my goal here too, so I'll be sad if I can't use any of the technics. At least PSU let me switch into Wartecher for a sort-of equivalent experience when it came to beating something to death while still being able to buff/heal the party.

mhjc
Jun 25, 2012, 01:55 AM
You can't use any technics, you can be sad now.
Only forces can use Technics on their force weapons.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the reason why you can learn them is because you can switch your class to a Force at any time, so any disks you learn can still be used, provided you swap into the proper class.

Dabian
Jun 25, 2012, 01:56 AM
Currently, the only way to use techs is to assign them to a rod/card and cast them. But...since currently Forces are the only ones who can use rods/cards....

Non-Force tech-casting does sound interesting though.

FenixStryk
Jun 25, 2012, 01:59 AM
Currently, the only way to use techs is to assign them to a rod/card and cast them.They can also be assigned to sub-palette hotkeys (useful if you have your Gunslash out), but it's still Force only.

A hybrid class with access to support Techniques would be really useful...

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 01:59 AM
Currently, the only way to use techs is to assign them to a rod/card and cast them. But...since currently Forces are the only ones who can use rods/cards....

Non-Force tech-casting does sound interesting though.

nah u wrong bro, you can stick techs on the item subpallet and use'em from there.

it gets a little nonergonomic to try to just tech using number keys while moving but ya. can still do it.

which is why i mad that you cant stick hunter PA onto item sub pallet. or ranger pa for that matter.

if forces can why cant rangers/hunters? i'd specifically like to assign stun concide to button 4, since there are times when its actually pretty useful, but as a skill to kill mobs with it just doesn't do much damage and isn't useful and i pretty much never have it assigned as my right click or part of a combo.

Lunairetic
Jun 25, 2012, 02:00 AM
It used to be that HUnewearl could resta, reverser, ryuker, shifta, deband and some weaker offensive magic, which evened it out in comparison to say HUcast. Now, there's basically no reason to be a HUnewearl, unfortunately. Lower HP, ATP, probably ATA, etc. I still chose HUne though. :)

renrinken
Jun 25, 2012, 02:00 AM
Hopefully we get advance classes at some point. Wartech were pretty awesome in PSU.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 02:03 AM
They can also be assigned to sub-palette hotkeys (useful if you have your Gunslash out), but it's still Force only.

A hybrid class with access to support Techniques would be really useful...

being able to hybrid would make me regret making all of my mag HP restore lol...

just resta NP

Spellbinder
Jun 25, 2012, 02:09 AM
nah u wrong bro, you can stick techs on the item subpallet and use'em from there.

it gets a little nonergonomic to try to just tech using number keys while moving but ya. can still do it.

Makes me glad I use an unorthodox keyboard setup. :) No WASD movement here so nothing's in the way of the sub-pallete keys.

Lintor
Jun 25, 2012, 02:12 AM
There were also hybrids in the portables as well... I think, with a level cap of currently only 30, I seriously expect to see hybrids in the first content update.

I'm fully expecting content updates to break my mags, my skill builds, and even add more stuff to creation locked behind an AC wall that I would have really wanted.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 25, 2012, 02:15 AM
It used to be that HUnewearl could resta, reverser, ryuker, shifta, deband and some weaker offensive magic, which evened it out in comparison to say HUcast. Now, there's basically no reason to be a HUnewearl, unfortunately. Lower HP, ATP, probably ATA, etc. I still chose HUne though. :)

You get more magic defense, if that matters
Only strongpoint

Dragwind
Jun 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
It seems a similar hybrid class system will be implemented in the future. For now though, no casting techs as a non-force. (Believe me, I'm waiting for this myself.)