PDA

View Full Version : Guide A Simplistic Guide to Affix Transfer

JeyKama
Jun 25, 2012, 04:30 AM
A "Simple" Guide to Affix Transfer

In this guide I will help illustrate the basics of affix transferring. As a side note it WILL destroy the meseta you've saved up. This depends heavily upon you recognizing affixes you want to use and keep, so if you can't read Japanese, refer to this:
Weapon/Armor Affix Translations List (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196561)

Disclaimer: I'm not made of meseta, so it's not possible for me to test out higher rank affixes and of course the more difficult ones to pick up.

When deciding on what to keep:
1) If you don't know Japanese, just memorize the words of affixes you do want. If nothing else, you can say you can read Japanese, even if it's just パワー.
2) Keep gear with desirable affixes, even if on inferior gear. Gear quality does not matter when it comes to transferring affixes.
3) Bugbear/Kyata Souls are awesome on armor and Vol/Guwana/Ragne Souls on weapons, but they require special circumstances in order to transfer. If you do intend to play around with these special affixes, save every piece.
4) Keep weapons with the same names as the ones you are using, even 0-element ones, as you can use those to buff the element of your main weapon(s).
5) Keep every gear with 1-affix Mutation1 (see Cheating Rank3 Odds with Mutation in the advanced section)

Recommended Affixes IMHO:
Hunter offense: パワー(S-ATK), アーム(Ability), ヴォル・ソール(Vol Soul). グワナ・ソール(Guwana Soul)
Ranger offense: シュート(R-ATK), アーム(Ability), バーン(Burn) or ポイズン(Poison) if you use fast multi-hit PAs like One Point or Speed Rain.
Force offense: テクニック(T-ATK), アーム(Ability), ラグネ・ソール(Ragne Soul)
Defense: ボディ(S-DEF), マインド(T-DEF). ロックベア・ソール(Rockbear Soul) and キャタ・ソール(Kyata Soul), マルモ・ソール(Marmo Soul), ブロウレジスト(Strike Resist) and マインドレジスト(Tech Resist) if you feel a flat reduction might work better.

The Hard Rules of Affixing:
For simplicity I will refer to the target piece of gear as the target, and gear with the traits to be transferred as fodder. I don't have extensive knowledge of the mechanics, so the numbers will be limited.

1) You can only transfer weapon affixes to weapons, and likewise armor to armor.

2) Each piece of fodder must have the same # of affixes as the target. Up to 2 fodder can be applied at once. The exception is if the target has 0 affixes, which can use any fodder but can only apply 1 trait.

3) Adding a new affix (i.e. creating a new slot) suffers an increasingly reduced success chance on all slots attempted based on the number of slots the target has. 0->1 is 80%, 1->2 is 75%, 2->3 is 60% etc.

4) Each rank of affix has a base success rate to directly transfer. However, if more than one item in the pool possesses the same affix, its transfer rate generally increases. Rare-specific affixes such as EXP Boost and Lucky Rise CANNOT BE UNLOCKED OR TRANSFERRED, so you are stuck with the affixes the rare weapon came with should you want to keep those.

Basic Stats - require only 1 affix to unlock
Rank1 : 100% base
Rank2 : 60%/80%/100% base for 1/2/3 identical affixes present
Rank3 : 40%/60%/80%?

Elemental Effects
Rank1: 60%/80%/100%
Rank2: 40%/60%/80%
Rank3: 20%/40?/60?

Mob Souls and Mutation1 are special cases in that at least 2 of the 2-3 gears used must possess the same affix in order to unlock it on the transfer list.
50% = 2 Souls/Mutation present
80% = 3 Souls/Mutation present

5) Upranking requires 2 of the same rank affix in the pool. So on my 0-trait Alba-Grippa, I could use 2 Shoot 2 fodder and have Shoot 3 available with a 30% success rate. Naturally if all 3 weapons have Shoot 2, the Shoot 3 success rate increases (to 50% in this example). Mutation1 can be used in the special case of upranking a 1-affix item from Rank 2 to 3 to increase it's success to 60% (see Cheating Rank3 Odds with Mutation in the advanced section)

An exception to this are Resist affixes, which require all 3 items to have the affix. For example to attain Blow Resist 2, the target and both fodder pieces are required to have at least Blow Resist 1.
Mutation does not seem to uprank.

6) Once you have selected at least one gear to affix, you can opt to use any AC Scratch boost items such as 特殊能力追加(PP) (Add Effect: Spirita Boost). These unlock the quite powerful Boost affixes onto your list, which have a base 100% transfer rate. HOWEVER they are also nerfed by adding extra slots. These items are one-time use, even if the combine fails. Only Spirita Boost (+5PP) and Stamina Boost (+45HP) are available as of now.

7) Success or fail, you will destroy all fodder used and use up a Synthesizer item. You could also very well end up with a 0-affix target gear, as each trait rolls individually.

In this example I will demonstrate how to do a simple 1-2 trait transfer.

First, go talk to Item Lab clerk Dodo, you'll learn to hate him. He hangs out in the main shop area.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Talking to him pulls up the main menu. The first two options are Grinding, Element Boosting, Affixing, and Exit, respectively. We're here to cut our wrists with broken glass, so pick choice #3.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix2.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

For a TARGET I will use this Alba-Sniper with a single Arm 1 trait. Note all the junk I have in my inventory and their affix numbers. Also when doing this, make sure none of the gear involved is locked, or else it won't show up.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Clicking the Alba-Sniper pulls up a menu with eligible fodder. Note how only 1-trait weapons of various models are shown. I will highlight one Blaster and one Tag Barbu for fodder, both with the Shoot 2 trait. Note how in the Affix Pool I have available Arm 1, Shoot 2, and Shoot 3. Arm 2 and Shoot 2 came from the guns, and Shoot 3 came from upranking. Hitting 決定 (confirm) moves to the next screen.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Affix Pool(left) now shows with the base success rate. In this case Arm 1 has 100% as it is a Rank 1 trait, Shoot 2 has 80% because 2 of those affixes are in the pool, and Shoot 3 has 30% as the base upranking success.

The Slot Window(right) shows 2 slots - 1 pre-existing one on the Alba-Sniper in blue color, and the Extra Slot in red. Highlighting the affixes in the Affix Pool adds or removes the traits from the Slot Window. If I choose only to populate existing slots (e.g. 1 affix as the original target gun had only 1 affix), then the base success remains unchanged.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If I want to increase the number of affixes for my weapon to have, I'll have to unlock the red Extra Slot. Unlocking this extra slot decreases the success rate of ALL SLOTS... In this case there are 2 slots so both are reduced multiplicatively by 25%. If there were 3, it would be reduced by more.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I also don't have enough Meseta but don't mind that...

Clicking the 特殊能力追加開始 (Add Affixes) button leads to the final window where you can use any boost items you might have gotten from Scratch cards, then はい (Yes) to spin the wheel.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix7.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meanwhile, rub your lucky rabbit foot and hope that the game isn't rigged (I've failed 80% affixing like 12 times in a row now... I mean really). Hopefully this will help people set foot into the world of affix min-maxing, have fun!

Semi-advanced stuff

Planning Ahead
If you have tons of meseta to spend gambling on that perfect affix setup, you can bypass the Extra Slot penalty by planning ahead. Note that this really mathematically change the actual chance of getting said combination, but it can make you feel better about doing that final button press.

For example, let's say I want to create a Leg/DesterenB with React2/Mind2/Body2. Build one from scratch would probably drive me crazy. First I need to find a Leg/DesterenB with 3 pre-existing affixes which is easily searchable on MyShop. It doesn't even need to have affixes I want (if it does, it makes this much easier). Let's say I have one with junk affixes.

Second I need to find 2 3-slot fodder which possess one each of 2x React1 or 1xReact2,2xMind1 or 1xMind2, 2xBody1 or 1xBody2. Since I am relying on the fodder to supply the affix pool, this can get a little crazy. Let's say I find a weak Sub armor with React1/Mind2/Light Resist and a weak Arm with React1/Body2/Spirita.

Throwing those 3 armors into the pot, I can now create up to a 3-slot DesterenB from the pool with no additional penalty, with React1/2 Mind2 Body2 LightResist Spirita (and Ability2, see Compound Affixes below) available, which should be 60%/60%/60% chance on the affixes I want.

Compound Affixes
You may have found Ability (the skill, not the stat... %@%$ whoever decided to translate it Ability as the norm) on higher level pieces of kit, but you can actually make them yourself. I have tested this personally with Ability 1 and 2.
You will need 3 affixes between the 2-3 gear pieces you will use. If you want to make Ability, you will need a combination of Power/Shoot/Technic OR Body/React/Mind. The component affixes must be at least the same rank of the compound affix you wish to make. With at least these three stat affixes in the pool, Ability should unlock. As an compound, its success rate is 80% at rank 1, but transfers at 100%. Ability2 is 69% compound, but transfers at 20%. As for upranking Ability itself, it appears to require 3 of the same Ability affix in the pool.
[spoiler-box]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix8.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Cheating Rank3 Odds with Mutation

Mutation1 is all that is available in OpenB, so that's what I'll talk about. Currently it's not uprankable, and higher ranks don't seem to drop yet.
Mutation1 buffs upranking success rates on 1-affix gear to 60% until rank 3. What the hell does this mean, Jey? Well, lemme tell you what this means. It means a 300% increased chance of upranking Burn2 to Burn3, or 200% increased chance to uprank Technic2 to Technic3.

Shoot1+Shoot1=Shoot2 @60% success
Shoot1+Shoot1+Mutation1=Shoot2 @60% success

Shoot2+Shoot2=Shoot3 @30% success
Shoot2+Shoot2+Mutation1=Shoot3 @60% success

Burn2+Burn2=Burn3 @ 20% success
Burn2+Burn2+Mutation1=Burn3 @60% success

Poison3+Poison3=Poison4 is not buffed by Mutation1 (it stays at 20%) and could require a higher rank of Mutation, who knows.
It does not increase success of direct transfers of Souls etc. or previously-upranked stats.

Cheating the odds with Souls
Elemental weapon affixes were nerfed at game release, but it has come to my attention that certain souls buff success rates of specific affix lines.

Vol Soul -> Burn
Burn II + Burn II + Vol Soul = Burn III@50% (normally 20%)
Burn II + Vol Soul = 40% direct transfer of Burn II (no change)

Guwana Soul -> Poison
Poison III + Poison III + Guwana Soul = Poison IV@40% (normally 20%)
Poison III + Guwana Soul = 80% direct transfer rate (normally 20%)

Marmo Soul -> Freeze

Mizer Soul -> Shoot
Shoot II + Shoot II + Mizer Soul = Shoot III@50% (normally 30%)
Shoot III + Shoot III + Mizer Soul = Shoot IV@40% (normally 20%)
Shoot III + Mizer Soul = 80% direct transfer rate of Shoot III (normally 60%)

My data is limited to the gear I have on hand, but a few things are obvious:
1) Mutation I upranking is superior going from 2xRank II -> Rank III
2) Souls are completely superior for transferring Rank III affixes
3) Souls are effective at buffing success of 2xRank III -> Rank IV

Rappy Soul : Light Resist / Spirita
Rockbear Soul : Mind / Blow Resist
Kyata Soul : Flame Resist
Vol Soul : Burn / Arm
Ragne Soul : React / Gloom Resist
Guwana Soul : Poison
Mizer Soul : Shoot
Vadar Soul: Shot Resist / Wind Resist
Signo Soul :
Snow Soul : Body / Ice Resist
Marmo Soul: Freeze / Stamina
Fang Soul : Shock / Power

7/23/12 Souls boosting stuff, really need to rewrite this
7/7/12 AC Scratch item use, rare weapon affix clarification, I really should just categorize this ... not so simple anymore.
6/25/12 Updated w/ Soul transfer + Resist upranking corrections thanks Eyce_Theon! Compound affix clarification
6/30/12 Mutation not uprankable
7/1/12 Mutation1 use + some 8am editing
7/4/12 added Marmo Soul

Dragwind
Jun 25, 2012, 08:47 AM
Great job, added to the floating sticky.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
Nice, was wondering how to do this.

My rod now has poison II on it :P. It might actually cause serious damage from meleeing now... but somehow I doubt that does anything for it's techs.

Edit: Oops, it's now stronger than my gunslash. At melee.

JeyKama
Jun 25, 2012, 05:03 PM
The proc rate on elemental effect affixes is miserably low, even at Rank 2. Ranger's One Point hits 8 times? in 2 second span which is why I recommend sticking Burn or Poison on a Rifle.

HectorSirdam
Jun 25, 2012, 05:17 PM
Why did you explain this so well? Now I'm broke and I needs to affix more, I needs it I tell you *twitch*.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 25, 2012, 05:27 PM
had no idea this even existed until now+^_^+ no to experiment on crap items i normally sell+^_^+

B Plus
Jun 25, 2012, 09:17 PM
I've completely gone broke messing with this. I'm giving up for now. Since I'm only lv 17 all my weapons will be obsolete eventually so why waste all the cash transferring abilities when you'll just have to do it again later? I think you're better off grinding and building up elemental values.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
Great job on the guide, I have one correction for you though. Souls can remain on an item IF there's another Soul of the same type in the transfer, and even then only at a 50% chance.

JeyKama
Jun 26, 2012, 12:32 AM
Ah, I'd never actually tried that. I see Mutation works similarly.

I also found that you can upgrade resists if you have 3 of a kind. (e.g. 3pieces with Blow Resist 1 unlocks Blow Resist 2) Unfortunately I don't have enough Mutation gear to play around with, but I assume it might work similarly.

Eyce_Theon
Jun 26, 2012, 12:50 AM
I've put a Blow, Shoot, and Tech Resist Lv1 on one piece of armor seeing if it would combine like the elements do. It didn't.

JeyKama
Jun 26, 2012, 02:58 AM
I mistranslated the Compound Stat part of the wiki, and for that I apologize.
What must happen is that the 3 pieces you combine must possess a family of stats of at least the same tier.

eg in order to unlock Ability 1, you need Power 1, Shoot 1, Technic OR Body 1, React 1, and Mind 1 all in the Affix Pool. Ability 1 has a 80% success rate as an uprank, but a 100% success to transfer and increases all 6 stats by 5 as well as Ability+5(the stat) as well without needing to include Arm 1.

I checked with all 6 stats at once, but later just whittled it down to three and unlocked Ability as well.
[spoiler-box]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/Affix8.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I am assuming that resists work the same way in that by combining gear with all 6 elemental attributes, you get an All Resistance affix with half the value, but including melee/ranged/tech defense as well.

Another example, I attempted to put a Rockbear Soul on my shield. after throwing like 60k at it, it ended up with Body1/Mind1 affixes. I then picked up React1/Rockbear and randomresist/Rockbear units from various shops. The Body/Mind/React combination by pure accident unlocked Ability 1, and well, now I have an Arm/TeteldamB+10 with Ability1 and Rockbear Soul (and minus 100k meseta...)

LinkKD
Jun 27, 2012, 11:31 AM
I might've missed something in the guide that covered that...but quickly scanning it, I didn't find my answer exactly...

the question is...I got a 0 affixes sword (with good base dmg, +9 and with 17 wind damage) and used two other swords with various affixes in them, both having the アーム(Ability) affix as fodder for the main sword

I then got a chance to add the アーム II(Ability) to my main sword with 48% success rate...which I tried and succeded (yays!)

now I have this sword with one affix (+20 Ability stat) and I wanted to try and add a パワー (Melee Power) boost...so I bought some crappy sword that had the melee boost and another one with アーム(Ability) on lv1...

thing is...now it won't allow me to use either of these swords to affix anything new into my main sword (both fodders have 3 and 4 affixes respectively)...well, it won't allow me to use any fodder at all, it says that none of the fodders match the requirements

so...I'm wondering why none of these swords with more affixes than my target sword don't match the requirement...maybe I need another weapon that also has アーム II(Ability) to add anything new?

Thanks in advance~

sorry if I missed something x_x

JeyKama
Jun 27, 2012, 12:36 PM
Your fodders can't have more affixes than your target, they must have exactly the same number of affixes.

If you have one fodder with Arm 1 only and another with Power 1 only, then it would work as you want it.

However, since your sword already has Arm 2 on it, having an Arm 1 on the pool does nothing (unless you want it to end up with Arm 1 + Power 1).

Sigmund
Jun 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
Could you expand on how to transfer an equipment with a Soul to another? Here is what I'm trying, perhaps I'm missing something:

1) Get a weapon with only a 1x Vol Soul on it.
2) Get another weapon that only has 1x ability
3) Can't seem to replace the ability from the second weapon to have Vol Soul.

Any help would be appreciated while I stack all those soul items in storage. =x

JeyKama
Jun 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Souls are a special case in transferring, in that you need two same-Soul affixes among all the items you are throwing together in order for it to unlock on the transfer list.

So for example if you had:
Target+Fodder1+Fodder2 = Burn2+Vol Soul +Power1

The Affix pool for this combination would only contain Power1 and Burn2 because one Soul is not buff enough to transfer on its own.

Now if you used two Vol Souls as fodder e.g. Burn2+Vol Soul+Vol Soul

Since there are two Souls among the 3 weapons, it will unlock on the transfer list and you can now attempt to roll it onto final outcome. It works fine with 2 weapons (with multiple affixes, naturally...) as well, as long as both possess the Soul. If you're only working with 1 affix, both of your fodders will need to be Vol Souls in order to unlock it.

Bibimbap
Jun 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
Giving abilities to a 0 ability piece and transferring souls, 2 things I didn't know you could do. Thanks!

Sigmund
Jun 27, 2012, 05:38 PM
Thanks JeyKarma, that was really helpful!

LinkKD
Jun 28, 2012, 01:46 AM
Your fodders can't have more affixes than your target, they must have exactly the same number of affixes.

If you have one fodder with Arm 1 only and another with Power 1 only, then it would work as you want it.

However, since your sword already has Arm 2 on it, having an Arm 1 on the pool does nothing (unless you want it to end up with Arm 1 + Power 1).

I see, thank you very much~

Flevalt
Jun 28, 2012, 08:04 AM
Do you also know something about the Affixes that only drop in the City Area or by Dark Ragnar?

I've dropped many items that have one single effect which gives at least 3+ different stats but when I try to to use them as fodder their affix won't show up as if it didn't even exist.

JeyKama
Jun 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
Dark Ragne drops items with Ragne Soul, which is a Soul affix with 30 tech power/20 hp, pretty damn awesome for forces I'd say. HM City is some of the highest level stuff in the game, so you are likely to see the more rare drop affixes like Mutation or Ability.

Ability transfers fine, and Ragne Soul only has 2 stats, so I'm guessing it was Mutation1? +10 to a bunch of stats, but I think you need 3 of them to unlock it.

Flevalt
Jun 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
Dark Ragne drops items with Ragne Soul, which is a Soul affix with 30 tech power/20 hp, pretty damn awesome for forces I'd say. HM City is some of the highest level stuff in the game, so you are likely to see the more rare drop affixes like Mutation or Ability.

Ability transfers fine, and Ragne Soul only has 2 stats, so I'm guessing it was Mutation1? +10 to a bunch of stats, but I think you need 3 of them to unlock it.

I have some items that give these stats +30 power(Hunter,Ranger,Force) and 20HP that should be the Ragne soul you talk about.

But I also got something like for example
+10Hunterpower
+10Rangerpower
+10Forcepower
+2PP
+20HP

or

+10Hunterpower
+10Rangerpower
+10Forcepower
+40HP

I don't really know much about Souls or Mutations. Is there a Soul affix for all bosses and Mutation as a rare affix or something?

JeyKama
Jun 28, 2012, 11:56 AM
There is a soul affix for all available bosses, and a few mobs (albeit quite rarely).

The affixes you listed for sure are combos of Mutation1 (the 3xpower+10hp)+some other affix. Check out the affix list linked in the beginning of the guide, which should help you figure stuff out.

IAmSecretSpy
Jun 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
Can i take two weapons with Poison 2 on them and add it to a weapon that doesn't have poison making it Poison 4? Or is it just transferred from weapon to weapon and i need to find a Poison 4-5?

alatnet
Jun 29, 2012, 05:27 PM
Can i take two weapons with Poison 2 on them and add it to a weapon that doesn't have poison making it Poison 4? Or is it just transferred from weapon to weapon and i need to find a Poison 4-5?

two poison 2 makes poison 3

IAmSecretSpy
Jun 29, 2012, 06:09 PM
ahh i see looks like im going to need to save alot of money hehe

JeyKama
Jun 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
Was not joking when I said it'd be expensive, heh.

IAmSecretSpy
Jun 29, 2012, 06:50 PM
Yea i wasted 90K today doing this >_>

Darki
Jul 1, 2012, 09:00 AM
I have two questions before I do something wrong. <_<

1) if I have a weapon with, say, Technic I, can I upgrade the affix on the same weapon, and get it to II?

2) if I fail the transfer on a weapon that has already an atribute, do I lose the other attributes? For example I have a rod with Ragne Soul and I wanna add Technic II to it, but it fails. Would it lose also the Ragne Soul?

JeyKama
Jul 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
Ok, huge news. I've found a use for the Mutation affix (other than it being a pretty good affix all on its own.

Its use in transferring is that it BUFFS UPRANKING SUCCESS.

A single affix uprank with a Mutation 1 included, increases upranking to 60%. SIXTY.

For example...

Shoot2 + Shoot2 = Shoot3 @ 30% chance.
Shoot2 + Shoot2 + Mutation1 = Shoot3 @ 60% chance.

Burn2 + Burn2 = Burn 3 @ 20%
Burn2 + Burn2 + Mutation1 = Burn3 @ 60%

Shoot1 + Shoot1 = Shoot2 @ 60%
Shoot1 + Shoot1 + Mutation1 = Shoot2 @ 60%

btw, Poison3 + Poison3 = Poison4 @ 20%. Mutation1 does not seem to increase its success rate, so going from rank 2->3 seems to be its main use. Higher ranks of mutation perhaps? Mutation1 itself doesn't seem able to be upranked, and Mutation2 doesn't look like a drop yet, so who knows.

It won't help you with direct transfers (like souls or non-upranks)

Mutation1 only works on SINGLE AFFIX gear. It does not seem to benefit upranking at all on 2+ affix gear, but at least it has nice stats.

JeyKama
Jul 1, 2012, 09:30 AM
I have two questions before I do something wrong. <_<

1) if I have a weapon with, say, Technic I, can I upgrade the affix on the same weapon, and get it to II?

Yes, easily. Just throw another weapon with Technic I or higher at it.

2) if I fail the transfer on a weapon that has already an atribute, do I lose the other attributes? For example I have a rod with Ragne Soul and I wanna add Technic II to it, but it fails. Would it lose also the Ragne Soul?

When you hit the confirm button, it does a complete reroll of all the affixes you want to put onto it. So assuming you have two weapons with Ragne Soul (you need 2 to transfer it/make it stay) and a Technic2 weapon...

Ragne Soul: 50% chance to keep it with only 2 in the pool
Technic 2: 60% chance for being a rank 2 stat affix

Since you are unlocking the Extra Slot, slash both of those by 25%

You end up with a 37% chance to keep Ragne Soul and 45% chance to gain Tech2

16.7% chance to keep both, 34.7% chance to lose everything, and a 48.6% chance to only gain 1 of the 2 affixes. (oops 8am math)

Darki
Jul 1, 2012, 10:10 AM
Ohmahgawd. There goes my Red Processor's chances to be awesome. I had a hard time grinding it to +10 and adding Ragne Soul, so I think I'll leave it like that for a while and focus on putting another ragne soul on my Rappy Fanfan xD

SoulBreaka
Jul 8, 2012, 11:06 AM
i got a problem with the ability ability... as in the plus 5 to all stats. Im trying to make an ability 2 and if i remember u need 3 abilities in order to unlock ability 2? well i got a rare rear shield with ability along with 2 low star shields with both with ability 1 but ability 2 didnt unlock. Help anyone?

JeyKama
Jul 8, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ability is a compound affix, not an upranking one. The only way to create Ability 2 is to combo Power2/Shoot2/Technic2 or Body2/React2/Mind2.

If I said something about upranking it, I apologize because I know I tested it out awhile ago and thought I changed the guide.

NekoXiu
Jul 9, 2012, 04:25 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4638/pso20120709171243000.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I am tight... FML!! Heres me trying to get Blow3 on my 7star.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8371/pso20120709171520001.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
And here's me failing.

But thanks a lot for this guide!

JeyKama
Jul 9, 2012, 05:25 PM
Next time, try putting Power 2 on your weapon, then throw another Power 2 and Mutation 1 into the mix. That success chance will look a lot more potable.

NekoXiu
Jul 10, 2012, 12:09 AM
Mutation 1 items are hard to find but i completely forgot about that, now im just stocking up on items with Blow 2. Btw, what happens if I use... say a 7* gunblade with 14 fire as target, and two fodders of the same weapon (duh) one with 18 shock and other no element? Does the s-atk raise at all or is it just the element? I did a preview and all it showed me was that fire 14->16.

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 12:32 AM
Mutation's easy, just search for ミューテーションⅠ.

As for elemental transfer, all it does is increase the element attribute, no other stat.

NekoXiu
Jul 10, 2012, 07:37 AM
so I have two equips with same souls on it but neither is the weapon i want to equip. so does my third weapon (target) need to have mutation 1 on it? Or is there another way to do it.

edit: another question: for weapons with the +5exp or item drop rate, how does that work? is it as long as i have that weapon in my palette or does it only apply when i switch over to it and kill a monster with it?

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 02:20 PM
Mutation only helps for upranking, not direct transfer (like souls). For those souls you just throw them in with the weapon you want it on and hit the button.

The rare affixes like Lucky Rise only work if you have it equipped (when the mob dies, presumably)

NekoXiu
Jul 10, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mutation only helps for upranking, not direct transfer (like souls). For those souls you just throw them in with the weapon you want it on and hit the button.

The rare affixes like Lucky Rise only work if you have it equipped (when the mob dies, presumably)

so 2 weapons with same souls, and my target weapon = 50% transfer rate?
3 weapons of same soul + my target weapon = 80% rate?

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 08:35 PM
Well, you can only use 2 weapons other than your target weapon. If both fodder weapons + your target have the same Soul, then your final outcome will have 80% chance to have the soul. This sounds redundant but it has its uses for attaching multiple affixes - eg using 3 weapons with Technic2 + Ragne Soul to have a good shot at getting Technic3 + Ragne Soul on the final roll.

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 11:52 PM
Updated with a cleaner Google Docs spreadsheet of the affixes. Hopefully it'll make it easier to C&P to look up stuff.

NekoXiu
Jul 10, 2012, 11:57 PM
Well, you can only use 2 weapons other than your target weapon. If both fodder weapons + your target have the same Soul, then your final outcome will have 80% chance to have the soul. This sounds redundant but it has its uses for attaching multiple affixes - eg using 3 weapons with Technic2 + Ragne Soul to have a good shot at getting Technic3 + Ragne Soul on the final roll.

why dont i just put Technic2 on the target weapon FIRST since it already has the Ragne soul, then use one fodder weapon with Technic2?

ps0k1d
Jul 11, 2012, 12:07 AM
JeyKama! Just wanted to say thanks for the guide and for spending my meseta for me. :) Just kidding, but this is where my new focus is for this game. Great guide man.

JeyKama
Jul 11, 2012, 01:19 AM
why dont i just put Technic2 on the target weapon FIRST since it already has the Ragne soul, then use one fodder weapon with Technic2?

You would still need 2 Ragne Souls EVERY TIME YOU COMBINE.

When you combine weapons, you're not just adding fodder stuff to your target. you are throwing your fodder and main weapon's stuff all into one big pool, then choosing what to put onto your main weapon. Ragne Soul will not unlock in the pool unless there are at least two of them. Ever.

Ragne Soul/Tech 2 + Tech 2/something else is not a situation that has two Ragne Souls, so while you would unlock Tech 3 from that combo, Ragne Soul will not.

JeyKama! Just wanted to say thanks for the guide and for spending my meseta for me. :) Just kidding, but this is where my new focus is for this game. Great guide man.

I think I made Windorf rage-quit the Item Lab though, haha

NekoXiu
Jul 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
Does the item 5% drop rate and exp rate stuff disappear as well if you try to affix the weapon? Like is it not 100% chance anymore? Or does it stay on forever? Im thinking the latter but checking just in case.

JeyKama
Jul 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
Rare weapon affixes like Lucky Rise and EXP Boost are not unlockable, so any attempts to modify the weapon will result in them disappearing. Dunno about Another History or the others

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 04:17 PM
Then how are people selling weapons with 5 affixes, including a boss soul and lucky rise? I'd like to know so I can do it myself, I have a few too many rare talises.

JeyKama
Jul 11, 2012, 04:51 PM
They're just getting extremely lucky with the tekker IDing. I've seen random drops with 4 affixes, so it's not unfeasible that you could ID a ?? Weapon with Lucky Rise, and get good luck with the regular affix rolls. It's not from synthesis.

gigawuts
Jul 11, 2012, 05:00 PM
Damn, that's too bad. I guess it makes those weapons all the more valuable though.

NekoXiu
Jul 11, 2012, 05:30 PM
noooo so I can't buff up my Axeon... other than grinding it..

NekoXiu
Jul 12, 2012, 07:46 AM
So gotta clarify something, in order to get say poison3, I gotta get poison 2 on my target weapon, poison 2 on one fodder, and mutation on another? What if my target weapon has 2 affixes or 0, would it still work if I just wiped the abilities (for if it has 2) or if I transferred poison onto the 0?

JeyKama
Jul 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
All weapons involved have to have the same number of affixes (unless the base weapon has 0).

In order to get Poison 3 from Poison 2, you need two Poison 2s. In order to get the success upgrade from Mutation then, you need all weapons with a single slot (as Mutation only works with single affixes) and two Poison 2s + Mutation 1 available.

So with those parameters the only way to do this is to get all 3 weapons with 1 affix: two of them with Poison 2, one with Mutation 1, doesn't matter which of them have what.

As much as I like talking to you though, you really ought to read the guide if you're interested in this stuff - basically everything I've said has been a repeat of what's in there.

eharima
Jul 23, 2012, 02:59 AM
So wait, How to get mutation II ?? It dosent come up in the affix pool choice even tho all 3 items have it...

Is it a drop only affix?

JeyKama
Jul 23, 2012, 04:02 AM
The stats for Mutation II were probably datamined (or maybe it dropped in cb, I don't know personally). It's not yet available in game.

JeyKama
Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 PM
Too tired to update the guide yet (it needs some serious updating) but it's come to my attention that in addition to launch nerfing the success rate of elemental effects, certain Souls will increase the success rate. The Souls don't even need to be affixable - simply one being present in the pool will grant full effect.

Vol Soul -> Burn
Burn II + Burn II + Vol Soul = Burn III@50% (normally 20%)
Burn II + Vol Soul = 40% direct transfer of Burn II (no change)

Guwana Soul -> Poison
Poison III + Poison III + Guwana Soul = Poison IV@40% (normally 20%)
Poison III + Guwana Soul = 80% direct transfer rate (normally 20%)

Marmo Soul -> Freeze

Mizer Soul -> Shoot
Shoot II + Shoot II + Mizer Soul = Shoot III@50% (normally 30%)
Shoot III + Shoot III + Mizer Soul = Shoot IV@40% (normally 20%)
Shoot III + Mizer Soul = 80% direct transfer rate of Shoot III (normally 60%)

My data is limited to the gear I have on hand, but a few things are obvious:
1) Mutation I upranking is superior going from 2xRank II -> Rank III
2) Souls are completely superior for transferring Rank III affixes
3) Souls are effective at buffing success of 2xRank III -> Rank IV

eharima
Jul 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
The stats for Mutation II were probably datamined (or maybe it dropped in cb, I don't know personally). It's not yet available in game.

thx man, i could have SWORN I've seen it in game somewhere.......

Amaranthus
Jul 24, 2012, 09:16 PM
So.. Im really new at these affixes and stuff but I have had my eye on souls.
I was successful on transferring a Mizer soul onto my weapon and thought I should give it an extra Shot1 since it had 100% success rate... But what happened was it replaced the soul I had on the weapon ( I thought the affixes would just add up).

So now that I know that.. I decided to just give AllStat +5 and a new Shot1 (since I figured the one it already had will be replaced) and again, Dodo said I was successful on transferring those affixes but when I checked my weapon.. it only had the Shot1 but not the AllStats+5... So Im wondering what I did wrong. I've also double checked if I chose them both and confirmed it on the buff pool beforehand.

Jiraiza
Jul 25, 2012, 03:44 AM
I read through your guide so I apologize if I missed it. When forcing another slot on your weapon, you can improve the chances of all abilities with two items instead of using just one. As an example:

This is me trying to force 3 slots (the soul is just a bonus):

One weapon + Shoot 3 = Shoot 3 @ 36%
One weapon + Shoot 3 + Mizer = Shoot 3 @ 48%
Two weapons + Shoot 3 = Shoot 3 @ 42%
Two weapons + Shoot 3 + Mizer = Shoot 3 @ 56%

While it's only 6% in this case, it's still pretty good.

JeyKama
Jul 25, 2012, 06:58 AM
So.. Im really new at these affixes and stuff but I have had my eye on souls.
I was successful on transferring a Mizer soul onto my weapon and thought I should give it an extra Shot1 since it had 100% success rate... But what happened was it replaced the soul I had on the weapon ( I thought the affixes would just add up).

So now that I know that.. I decided to just give AllStat +5 and a new Shot1 (since I figured the one it already had will be replaced) and again, Dodo said I was successful on transferring those affixes but when I checked my weapon.. it only had the Shot1 but not the AllStats+5... So Im wondering what I did wrong. I've also double checked if I chose them both and confirmed it on the buff pool beforehand.

Souls always need 2 available in the system in order to unlock, so while you were fine the first time. The second time, you only had 1 soul in the mix (on your main weapon) which is why it "disappeared."

With Ability 1 + Shoot 1, I'm assuming you only clicked Ability 1 to pass over, instead of both. Every time you add an additional affix, you have to take your chances with that Extra Slot success nerf.

I guess it's vague to grasp until you experience it yourself, but every time you combine weapons, you are rerolling, not simply appending. Every time you combine you have to follow the same rules to get special-case affixes like souls to stick.

JeyKama
Jul 25, 2012, 07:01 AM
I read through your guide so I apologize if I missed it. When forcing another slot on your weapon, you can improve the chances of all abilities with two items instead of using just one. As an example:

This is me trying to force 3 slots (the soul is just a bonus):

One weapon + Shoot 3 = Shoot 3 @ 36%
One weapon + Shoot 3 + Mizer = Shoot 3 @ 48%
Two weapons + Shoot 3 = Shoot 3 @ 42%
Two weapons + Shoot 3 + Mizer = Shoot 3 @ 56%

While it's only 6% in this case, it's still pretty good.

That's hard for me to tell whether it's just Mizer Soul buffing your Shoot's chance to succeed or something else. I'm not sure what's going on with how many affixes you've got going in each set. But in general yeah I think that's in the guide... somewhere.

Jiraiza
Jul 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
That's hard for me to tell whether it's just Mizer Soul buffing your Shoot's chance to succeed or something else. I'm not sure what's going on with how many affixes you've got going in each set. But in general yeah I think that's in the guide... somewhere.

The gist is that when you're trying to add an extra ability slot, using two weapons is more effective than using one. Ignoring the souls, you'll see that when you try to add, let's say an extra ability on a 2 slot weapon, you'll find that the success rates increases across the board with 2 weapons as opposed to 1.

So in my example, you'll see that Shoot 3 finds a 6% boost when combining two weapons instead of 1 from 36% to 42%. This doesn't affect affix synthesizing when you're just using the safe slots though.

Amaranthus
Jul 27, 2012, 06:02 AM
Souls always need 2 available in the system in order to unlock, so while you were fine the first time. The second time, you only had 1 soul in the mix (on your main weapon) which is why it "disappeared."

With Ability 1 + Shoot 1, I'm assuming you only clicked Ability 1 to pass over, instead of both. Every time you add an additional affix, you have to take your chances with that Extra Slot success nerf.

I guess it's vague to grasp until you experience it yourself, but every time you combine weapons, you are rerolling, not simply appending. Every time you combine you have to follow the same rules to get special-case affixes like souls to stick.

Thank you very much I got it now. And I think my Shot1+Ability1 transfer failed because I can remember clicking them both and having the success rate drop.. and hearing the word "Nai" at the end of the Tekker's speech.

Saffran
Aug 13, 2012, 11:49 AM
I noticed today that while I could create "Blow/resistII" and "Shot/resistII", I couldn't create "Mind/ResistII".
Do you have any explanation as to why?

Edit: can it possibly be that you can only "upgrade" an affix whith different items? Edit2: no, this has nothing to do with it.
Apparently it's simply the case that Mind/ResistII cannot be synthed. Blow and Shot work just fine though.

ardyhunter
Aug 22, 2012, 11:19 PM
target : Quartz Soul , Mind I
fodder : React I , Technique III

and the result is Tech III with 80% chance.. and i'm wondering is React I affect Tech III transferring chance?

JeyKama
Aug 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
I noticed today that while I could create "Blow/resistII" and "Shot/resistII", I couldn't create "Mind/ResistII".
Do you have any explanation as to why?

Edit: can it possibly be that you can only "upgrade" an affix whith different items? Edit2: no, this has nothing to do with it.
Apparently it's simply the case that Mind/ResistII cannot be synthed. Blow and Shot work just fine though.

I think I mentioned it someeeeewhere but yes Mind Resist is still bugged since two-ish major patches ago when they fixed the other resist affixes. (what's with the / between the words?)

target : Quartz Soul , Mind I
fodder : React I , Technique III

and the result is Tech III with 80% chance.. and i'm wondering is React I affect Tech III transferring chance?

It's because of Quartz Soul - one of Soul's special effects is that most of them have a certain affix that they boost for both upgrading and transferring. In Quartz Soul's case, this is Tech, which is why you enjoyed the 80% success rate.

Saffran
Aug 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
>I think I mentioned it someeeeewhere but yes Mind Resist is still bugged since two-ish major
>patches ago when they fixed the other resist affixes.

Were they broken ??

>(what's with the / between the words?)
That's a habit I developped in PSO1, as the units all had that semantic (God/Arm, Heavenly/Resist, etc)

JeyKama
Aug 24, 2012, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE=Saffran;2845547]>I think I mentioned it someeeeewhere but yes Mind Resist is still bugged since two-ish major
>patches ago when they fixed the other resist affixes.

Were they broken ??

My memory is shot, but yes they were not upgradable before that point. That patch fixed a few post-oβ affix quirks like that and Soul buffing.

Gen2000
Sep 2, 2012, 06:18 AM
Still kind of new to this since I mostly just buy my stuff but I wanted to work on this small project and the first step is simply (use the term loosely) opening up 3 slots on a Sub Unit.

Is there any way to increase odds instead of trying to fight against the 60/60/60 odd chance with Dodo? Sorry if this was covered, still trying to take all the info in.

I can get 2 open slots fine but getting that 3rd is burning through my wallet a little faster than I like.

Saffran
Sep 2, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hmmm, well, you could take the unit you want and make it a 3 slot unit with crap on it, and then
start looking for "genuine" 3 slot items with the things you want. But I'm quite sure you're not going to get better than 60/60/60 if you want really useful stuff...

Gen2000
Sep 2, 2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah my general plan was:
Step 1: Use fodder units to open up slots on main unit with junk affixes
Step 2: When I have 3 slots, put Spirit and Stamina Boost on unit since they 100% transfer
Step 3: Then put a Soul as the 3rd spot (figured it would be least risky if I did the Soul last)

Ideally it would been a Spirit&Stamina+Ragne Soul on the 5* PP Sub Unit in this case for my FO as an alternative for lack of Bloom Sets on market on my ship and me not having the T-def for higher stuff but I was burning through meseta pretty fast for the lack of progress just trying to get past Step 1 so I just settle for 2 Affixes dropping the Stamina Boost. I didn't want to blow too much money on this effort since level cap update not that far off anyways.

Thanks for help.

Raid_Hirsh
Nov 27, 2013, 01:04 AM
I wonder if there's a way if you can individually add the desired affixes one by one. Like this for an example:

My goal is to achieve "Quartz Soul, and Power III" on a two slot weapon.

Original State: (Random Affix), and (Random Affix)

- Material #1 (Quartz Soul, and Random Affix) + Material #2(Quartz Soul, and Random Affix); Quartz Soul successfully transfers.

Altered State: (Quartz Soul) and (Random Affix)

- Material #1 (Power III, and Random Affix) + Material #2 (Power III, and Random Affix); Power III successfully transfers.

Finalized State: Results: (Quartz Soul) and (Power III)

Would the scenario work out for me, or would I have to find two materials that already contains Quartz Soul and Power III on them -- just to incorporate it to my desired weapon??

ChiffonFairchild
Nov 27, 2013, 01:12 AM
I wonder if there's a way if you can individually add the desired affixes one by one. Like this for an example:

My goal is to achieve "Quartz Soul, and Power III" on a two slot weapon.

Original Target: (Random Affix), and (Random Affix)

- Material #1 (Quartz Soul, and Random Affix) + Material #2(Quartz Soul, and Random Affix); Quartz Soul successfully transfers.

Altered Target: (Quartz Soul) and (Random Affix)

- Material #1 (Power III, and Random Affix) + Material #2 (Power III, and Random Affix); Power III successfully transfers.

Finalized Target Results: (Quartz Soul) and (Power III)

Would the scenario work out for me, or would I have to find two materials that already contains Quartz Soul and Power III on them -- just to incorporate it to my desired weapon??

For a soul to transfer you need two of it so one of the materials would have to be Quartz Soul and Power III.

What I do if I'm lazy is junk two slot weapon with random affixes----->2 slot Power III fodders and hope for success---->2 Quartz Souls 50% pray for RNG success.

Sandmind
Nov 27, 2013, 01:26 AM
It depend how much lucky you feel. But for 2 affix with simply soul + stat3, you could afford to gamble it up, since normally those fooder are common and cheap.

Basicly, you can do it like you planned, but remember that you need to always have the soul twice in the affix pool for 50% (3 time for 80%). A stat3 is already 60% transfer when only 1 time, twice is for 80%. If you're fine with those numbers, go ahead.

Raid_Hirsh
Nov 27, 2013, 01:34 AM
For a soul to transfer you need two of it so one of the materials would have to be Quartz Soul and Power III.

What I do if I'm lazy is junk two slot weapon with random affixes----->2 slot Power III fodders and hope for success---->2 Quartz Souls 50% pray for RNG success.

Basically, you added the Power III affix first (into your desired weapon) for your first slot; eventually, you added Quartz Soul (into your desired weapon) for the second slot (after completing the process of Power III)?

Diagram:

- Starts: (Random, and Random) -- > Adds Power III
- (Power III, and Random) -- > Adds Quartz Soul
- Ends: (Power III and Quartz Soul)

Sorry for the awkward message/diagram... I'm so use to buying weapons that already had "Quartz Soul and Power III" on them. Now that I'm trying to make one of my own, I keep ending up with "Quartz Soul, and Power I" (due to adding: Quartz Soul, Power I + Quartz Soul, Power I).

Edit

It depend how much lucky you feel. But for 2 affix with simply soul + stat3, you could afford to gamble it up, since normally those fooder are common and cheap.

Basicly, you can do it like you planned, but remember that you need to always have the soul twice in the affix pool for 50% (3 time for 80%). A stat3 is already 60% transfer when only 1 time, twice is for 80%. If you're fine with those numbers, go ahead.

Interesting... I'll keep that in mind when I'm affixing my weapon!

Du1337
Mar 21, 2014, 11:11 AM
OK, so this will be the first post in this thread in 2014 :) YAY

I read the affix guide. Im not English and im not good in math but I tried to understand, and I kinda did, I think.

I started with affixing this week (yes I know I should done that way sooner, like last week, but no, I am sorry)

I managed to get Pow3 and Spirita3 on a 2 slotted Sword, by having Pow3 alrdy on the main weap and I had Power 3 on 2 slotted Junk1 and Spirita3 on 2 slotted Junk2, wich made Pow3 80% and Spir3 60%. Dudu was kind and gave me both affixes on my swordd.

Now, I know that
1) The higher the slots u wantt o add, the lower the chance
AND
2) Adding an extra slot, (go from 2 to 3) will lower the chance of slots too

BUT what I am wondering is:
- Do u take your chances by trying to add the high slot or the extra slot with like just 40% and maybe put a chance raises on it

OR

- Do u start to make your Junk with the prefered slots first to raise the final chances when putting them on the main weapon?

I hope anyone understand these questions. I am a noob when it comes to affixing. I (still) have enough money to affix, but I dont wanna be wasting money by affixing the totally wrong way.

Waiting for answers and tips :) TYIA

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 21, 2014, 11:32 AM
...I'm not sure what you're asking but let me see what I can do.

Basically adding slots lowers the affix rate on all slots but only when trying to add slots. once the slot is there, the affix rates go back to normal. except in special cases, you typically just want to have the soul you want to have on your item and leave the rest of the slots filled with worthless abilities as place holders. The two junk items should have all the abilities you want to transfer as well as the same soul as the item you want to keep. for example if you want to have fang soul on the item, you want fang soul on the weapon and your junk items as well. By doing this the soul will have an 80% affix rate. If you don't do this, the odds will be lower - only 50% iirc.

All items must have the same number of slots and ideally your final affix will have all the slots you want. the exception to all of this is for 2 slot affixing with soul and stat. the odds are about the same trying to add the second slot and trying to do it with 2 slots, so it's often cheaper just to go statIII in one item and souls in the other two.

Hope that helps.

Du1337
Mar 21, 2014, 11:44 AM
This kinda helps, ty

The two junk items should have all the abilities you want to transfer as well as the same soul as the item you want to keep. for example if you want to have fang soul on the item, you want fang soul on the weapon and your junk items as well. By doing this the soul will have an 80% affix rate. If you don't do this, the odds will be lower - only 50% iirc.Hope that helps.

So if I understand correct: those junk items u use on your main weapon have alrdy been affixed before so they have the optimal slots and chances to use in your final affix? Instead of taking lower chances by having some useless affixes on those junk items?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 21, 2014, 11:47 AM
yes, this will let you use a 20% booster to give a 100% affix rate on most affixes - there will be a few exceptions (like stigma) but not many.

Du1337
Mar 21, 2014, 11:51 AM
OK this a very clear thing for me.

Now I understand why this proces is so darn annoying... When those pre made junk items are wasted at Dudu who doenst give u all the 80% affixes on ur main, u need to start the proce all over again, including preparing those junk items.....

Right...?

Another question about the guide:
Hunter offense: パワー(S-ATK), アーム(Ability), ヴォル・ソール(Vol Soul). グワナ・ソール(Guwana Soul)
Ranger offense: シュート(R-ATK), アーム(Ability), バーン(Burn) or ポイズン(Poison) if you use fast multi-hit PAs like One Point or Speed Rain.
Force offense: テクニック(T-ATK), アーム(Ability), ラグネ・ソール(Ragne Soul)

Why would u want to have ability thats adds all ATK's, when like for Hu u dont need T-atk?

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 21, 2014, 12:44 PM
The idea is to have ability III stat III and soul so instead of +60 total you get +75.

An extra 15 is an extra 15. Not worth it imo, but if you're a min-maxer like some people that extra ~1% damage is a big deal.

and yes, any affix that fails means you lose a slot so if 1 fails your 3 slot becomes a 2, if two fail your 3 slot becomes a 1 and if all 3 fail you go back to 0. so you want to minimize this risk as best you can.

Du1337
Mar 21, 2014, 01:09 PM
OK, and last question... If ur main weapon doenst have Soul yet... U will always have the risk u have to take with 50%, if u r not using % boosters, if u want to put a soul to ur main weap.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 21, 2014, 01:39 PM
souls are 50% if you don't have soul on your main. souls are 80% if you have soul on your main and both your junk items.

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 21, 2014, 02:16 PM
BUT what I am wondering is:
- Do u take your chances by trying to add the high slot or the extra slot with like just 40% and maybe put a chance raises on it

OR

- Do u start to make your Junk with the prefered slots first to raise the final chances when putting them on the main weapon?

If I understand you correctly, it's almost ALWAYS better to get to your preferred numbered of slots first (if it isn't already) on your main weapon before you do any actual affixing. That way you don't get penalized, for adding an extra slot (meaning your chances will not get reduced a lot).

For example:

If my main weapon is 2-Slots with [Junk/Junk] and I want to 4-Slot it with [QuartzSoul/PowerIII/AbilityIII/PowerBoost], then the FIRST thing I would want do is to get my main weapon to 4-slots with [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk].

Now that my main weapon is [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk], NOW I can start trying to add Quartz Soul or Power III, etc. onto my main weapon.

ALWAYS GET TO THE NUMBER OF SLOTS YOU WANT FOR YOUR MAIN WEAPON FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANY AFFIXING; the chances are higher this way.

Du1337
Mar 21, 2014, 02:53 PM
If I understand you correctly, it's almost ALWAYS better to get to your preferred numbered of slots first (if it isn't already) on your main weapon before you do any actual affixing. That way you don't get penalized, for adding an extra slot (meaning your chances will not get reduced a lot).

For example:

If my main weapon is 2-Slots with [Junk/Junk] and I want to 4-Slot it with [QuartzSoul/PowerIII/AbilityIII/PowerBoost], then the FIRST thing I would want do is to get my main weapon to 4-slots with [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk].

Now that my main weapon is [Junk/Junk/Junk/Junk], NOW I can start trying to add Quartz Soul or Power III, etc. onto my main weapon.

ALWAYS GET TO THE NUMBER OF SLOTS YOU WANT FOR YOUR MAIN WEAPON FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANY AFFIXING; the chances are higher this way.

good question... Those are the things that make doubt if I am doing affixing like it should be...
If you should go for the ammount of slots first, try to add them with stat I. Those have the highest % of succes.

And I found this: http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/
Pretty helpful

manthisis
Dec 16, 2014, 09:01 PM
Just a quick question.

In order to affix this 11 star katana I have (with 4 slots), should I find just any random 4 weapons with the abilities I want and then be able to add them on? Or do I have to find 11 star fodder to affix?

ReverseSeraf
Dec 16, 2014, 09:06 PM
Just a quick question.

In order to affix this 11 star katana I have (with 4 slots), should I find just any random 4 weapons with the abilities I want and then be able to add them on? Or do I have to find 11 star fodder to affix?

Any weapon is fine.

manthisis
Dec 16, 2014, 09:10 PM
Any weapon is fine.

Alright, cool. For example, if I wanted to affix a Boulay arl with Power III, Power Boost, Ability III, Quartz Soul, and Spirita Boost, I would just get a Boulay and find 5 weapons, each with one of the abilities I mentioned, and just add them on? Or does the Boulay have to have 5 slots initially to be able to transfer 5 abilities onto it?

NovaanVerdiano
Dec 17, 2014, 11:06 AM
Alright, cool. For example, if I wanted to affix a Boulay arl with Power III, Power Boost, Ability III, Quartz Soul, and Spirita Boost, I would just get a Boulay and find 5 weapons, each with one of the abilities I mentioned, and just add them on? Or does the Boulay have to have 5 slots initially to be able to transfer 5 abilities onto it?

You gotta get a 4 Slot or 5 Slot Boulay. If you have 4 Slots and add 5 Affixes, there will be a penalty.

The fodder needs to have at least the same amount of slots your target weapon (Boulay) has.

Multiple affixes of the same type increase success chances, Souls need a minimum of two items with the Soul on it to be transferred anyway, or 1x Soul + 1x Soul Receptor, which may be cheaper (Receptor sets the chance for the Soul to 100%).

You can only have either Power or Spirita boost and they're seperate items you add.

taizero00
Dec 21, 2014, 04:50 AM
https://scontent-a-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/541590_826164210740264_7765403686456868996_n.jpg

105atk with this set up...
i think i will be able to affix 130 atk with tech boost if it was 6s

The way to affix...well quite complicated but what can i do...
[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fzE4MSqoQ
[/spoiler-box]

taizero00
Jan 29, 2015, 08:47 AM
this most advance affix modulator and flict series as it provide the highest damage with pp with fewer slots but it's expensive as hell and troublesome
Most efficient way is affix modulator with other stuff

[spoiler-box]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqF0j2WTfM
[/spoiler-box]

Alma
Jan 29, 2015, 01:22 PM
^ to use both flict and modulator affix in weapon meaning you must have double process on one of them on the main target weapon.

it can be made all 100% like this...

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8656/15774578454_53883165d3_z.jpg

but this require a troublesome and expensive affix route to take :3

taizero00
Jan 30, 2015, 05:34 AM
wow I really want that talis but anga is so stingy for me.
Also, how did you affix techIV?
did you use go for techIII->IV or you use two techIV on fodder?

Alma
Jan 30, 2015, 08:33 AM
for 100% result, you must put 3x tech IV for 80% result (100% with 20% booster)
so just double dip the processes.

in my case, i make the talis has elder/tech IV/magia 1st.
feeling unsatisfied with the result i then then make 2 fodder of elder/magia/tech IV and use 3 modulator fodder for the rest to get the above result.

honestly i should just wait for 10% affixday event for this and use diabo + tech V instead :wacko:

taizero00
Jan 31, 2015, 04:41 AM
WOW you means you can combine TechV with 10% boost week with 30%? wow that's great but im quite low with meseta atm. well but thanks for tips

Alma
Feb 4, 2015, 01:49 PM
yes, 3x Tech V will result 60% transfer rate by default.
add 30% affix booster item, it will be 90% transfer rate

and lastly if you do this with 10% affix day effect later on march, it will be 100% transfer rate :)