PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Force Skill Tree Questions

Nakuri
Jun 25, 2012, 06:31 AM
Hi PSO-World,
I'm playing since CBT and now I started a Force again. I noticed that the Force Skilltree changed heavily, forcing you early to decide between the three common elements. So I would like to know some things before I will put a point in there, since I can't redo anything (thanks to the disabled AC)

1. Is there any translation out there? Does somebody know what the masteries do? It would really help.

2. I'm sure that the different elements also have specific traits, like skilling into the Zondetree increases your dps or Barta being more supportive thanks to the freezing aspect (I hope that one skill is improving the freezerate). Could you confirm this?

3. Does anyone play a lot with the Bartaspells? does it lack damage comparing to the other elements? (using the weakness of the enemy is crucial, sure.) I found myself playing with Rabarta a lot but maybe it's ineffective. :-?

4. Do you know any builds for a force to go for? would like to know how people build their forces.

5. Building T-ATK on the mag is surely common for a force. do you also go for S-ATK or R-ATK to improve your damage with the gunslash? do you build ability?

Thank you. :)

Memorex
Jun 25, 2012, 06:42 AM
I'm a level 18 Force and I focused first on just going for Charge PP Revival, with my first 14 skill points. An then I went to and I'm currently upgrading my zonde tree in order to get to PP Tech Save which will make zonde cast for less, also there is PP UP 2 in the zonde tree.

I plan on going back to the foie tree, just because it has the Charged T-Atk Up which increases damage for charged tech attacks. Depending on the level cap, that will be next after I complete the zonde tree.

ChronoSphere
Jun 25, 2012, 06:52 AM
Skill simulator (http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/), found it on bumped.org
They have nice guides in there.

Nakuri
Jun 25, 2012, 09:29 AM
Oh, that skill simulator is pretty cool. Thanks for that! But still, I want to hear your opinions to my questions! :)

TecherRamen
Jun 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm a level 18 Force and I focused first on just going for Charge PP Revival, with my first 14 skill points. An then I went to and I'm currently upgrading my zonde tree in order to get to PP Tech Save which will make zonde cast for less, also there is PP UP 2 in the zonde tree.

I plan on going back to the foie tree, just because it has the Charged T-Atk Up which increases damage for charged tech attacks. Depending on the level cap, that will be next after I complete the zonde tree.

isnt quick tech charge only for fire spells?

TerminalMontage
Jun 25, 2012, 10:31 PM
All the skills seem to be the same, but fire burns and can be cast quicker with Flame Tech S Charge, barta freezes and has Freeze Ignition which deals heavy damage to frozen enemies, and zonde shocks and can be cast with less pp. If you go with the Zonde skill tree, you could potentially cut the zonde tech costs down to 8pp, and cast A LOT more, but that doesn't necessarily mean more DPS, you'd be great against neutral enemies and things weak to zonde, but everything else you'd do normal damage (you don't do less if you don't use an enemy's weakness, but you do more if you do use a weakness).

I almost thought about doing the Zonde tree, but in my opinion, I think it would be best to go with something that makes you stronger overall, rather than specializing in one specific element. Tech Charge Advance raises the power of charged techs but a small percentage, I don't think it's worth it.

For example, all Forces should aim to get Charge PP Revival. If you do that you can max out Tech Charge Adv1 and get Tech Charge Adv2 to level 6, boosting your charged techs by 16%, that seems like a small number.

What I might do, is aim for Photon Flare, that greatly increases your tech power for 30 seconds, but decreases your max hp by up to 25%, and you can cast it every 120 seconds, so you'll do huge burst damage every 2 minutes. I saw a video where someone with lv5 Photon Flare quadrupled their attack power. I can only imagine how strong you'd be with lv10 Photon Flare! But I just went up to Charge PP revival, and will be saving the rest of my skill points until release to see if they add or change anything with the skill trees.

Your level, weapon, and tech level will effect this. I used to cast gibarta all the time, its nice and freezing enemies is cool, they all seem to do the same damage, but they have different effects, so it all depends, and of course, barta techs are better on enemies in the caves.

Most forces will go for Charge PP Revival first, then with that you can also fully specialize in Bolt Tech PP Save, so you can cast lots of zonde, but for the reasons above I don't think it's necessarily the best option, and if I'm wrong and it really is incredible I wouldn't be surprised if it got nerfed one day.

I've also heard of builds focusing on Freeze Ignition, but this is a tricky one. You can explode enemies (deal heavy damage, doesn't guarantee the kill) when they freeze, the Japanese wiki used to say it did 2000% damage, but it's been edited to 200%, significantly lower, plus it's hard to do when in a party because when a frozen enemy is attacked, it unfreezes.

There is Photon Flare too, which I talked about above.

Other than those specific builds I don't think there is much else to make an effective Force.

5. I'm not 100% sure about ability, but with mags you ALWAYS want to specialize in one specific trait. A force with a half attack, half tech damage mag will suck, you really don't deal much damage with a gunsword, I highly recommend against it.