PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my Force

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hai all

Im fairly neew to PSO2 but played PSO1 and PSP so i started a few Days ago with PSO2.

My Problem with my Force is that i deal no Damage or far to less. Iam Lvl 12 now and my Mainnuke ( That Fire AOE Blast (( Not the Beginner Spell)) is now on Lv 4 ( Bought the Disk on the Basar ) and didnt find any better, still i need my whole PP to kill one Enemy thats 4 level below me( Each Cast deals ~ 200 - 300 Damage).

I spend all my Skillpoints into Fire ( + 10 Into Staff (( The First one)), my Mag gets only Rods / Cards to Eat and my Weapon is a 170 DMG Rare Card ( Upped to +6 ).

I dont know what im making wrong but like this, its not realy Fun. I also twinked a Ranger and he Deals aloot more Damage with more crappy Gear. I still want to play my Force cause its more Fun ( Chainlightning f.e.) but i dont have Fun playing it like this.

Hope someone can Help me out with this.

Also i should say that either Japanese and English are not my First Language so im Sorry for any Typos.

goombazoid
Jun 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
Just to check, are you just casting the tech or are you charging it?

Dinosaur
Jun 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
1. What is your race/gender?
2. Equipment abilities can add tons of extra stats.
3. Aim for elemental weaknesses.
4. You probably want to max T-atk up(very first skill in the force skill tree)

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
Just to check, are you just casting the tech or are you charging it?

Charging ofcourse =)

I knew that charge System from the other PSO Games before.

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 10:31 AM
1. What is your race/gender?
2. Equipment abilities can add tons of extra stats.
3. Aim for elemental weaknesses.
4. You probably want to max T-atk up(very first skill in the force skill tree)

1. Female Newman
2. Hard to figure out if u cant read Japanese :)
3. Same like 2.
4. I maxed this Skill ( That one with the Staff Icon)

Thx for the Response

E: So the Force is stuck on his Disks same like Ranger / Hunter on his Weapons, still i cant find or find very rare any of them ( most of them are Weapon Discs). I see alot of Forces with Spells i dont have and i also dont find any new on the Basar. Any Tip to get good Discs ?

Dinosaur
Jun 25, 2012, 10:35 AM
Female newman has the highest tech attack in the game so just know that every other force is weaker than you.

#3: There are elemental icons on the top left when you lock onto an enemy which show their elemental weaknesses. I'm sure you don't need to know Japanese to understand what a Fire or Ice icon looks like.

Slidikins
Jun 25, 2012, 10:42 AM
#3: There are elemental icons on the top left when you lock onto an enemy which show their elemental weaknesses. I'm sure you don't need to know Japanese to understand what a Fire or Ice icon looks like.Unfortunately you do need to read Japanese to know it says "Weakness" in the first place. I doubt it'll be an issue now that it's been pointed out.

Memorex
Jun 25, 2012, 10:44 AM
I was doing 300+ damage with RAfoie by the time I was level 8 on some enemies.

I only have 3 on T-Atk Up also.

I went straight for Charge PP Revival.

And I'm a FOmar, you should have no problem soloing & pwning rooms once you get your skill tree set.

Ana-Chan
Jun 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
Well, I think this is a common misconception that people have. Forces are much better at dealing lots of damage over a large area, not taking out single enemies.
Since it is rafoie that you are talking about here. It will cause the same damage to surrounding enemies too, so if the enemies are close enough together, you can be doing upwards of 1000 damage on all enemies in a single tech.
When comparing battle capablilities, there is no way a force will outdo hunters or rangers on single enemies, but forces can handle groups much easier.
So no, there is nothing wrong with your force, it is doing exactly what it was designed to do, it seems that the problem is more to do with your expectations. Forces aren't hunters or rangers, they have a completely different role in the team, so the damage against a single enemy is pointless to be worried over.

futamieriko
Jun 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Try using Gizonde, the damage is fairly high and the bounce range is insane. There's also a skill in the tree that reduces the PP cost of zonde techs by 10 when maxed.

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/big/i8lh-6-1679.jpg

heres a Image of my Stats of my Force. May somethings Wrong, i duno.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
Well, I think this is a common misconception that people have. Forces are much better at dealing lots of damage over a large area, not taking out single enemies.
Since it is rafoie that you are talking about here. It will cause the same damage to surrounding enemies too, so if the enemies are close enough together, you can be doing upwards of 1000 damage on all enemies in a single tech.
When comparing battle capablilities, there is no way a force will outdo hunters or rangers on single enemies, but forces can handle groups much easier.
So no, there is nothing wrong with your force, it is doing exactly what it was designed to do, it seems that the problem is more to do with your expectations. Forces aren't hunters or rangers, they have a completely different role in the team, so the damage against a single enemy is pointless to be worried over.

Just wait. The antlion boss is a force's dream - the entire fight has tons of targets everywhere.

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
By the Way, wich Equipment should i use as Force ? Now i focus on Equipment with the Rod Symbol because its seems Logic but is it ?

E: Also it would be Great if someone could Translate the Stats shown in my Image ( The Words after HP / PP ).

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
Rods and card give you extra tech power, but you can always go HUnewearl about things with a gunslash.

By the Way, wich Equipment should i use as Force ? Now i focus on Equipment with the Rod Symbol because its seems Logic but is it ?

E: Also it would be Great if someone could Translate the Stats shown in my Image ( The Words after HP / PP ).

In order: Striking/Ranged/Tech power, ability, s/t/r defense.

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 12:28 PM
Rods and card give you extra tech power, but you can always go HUnewearl about things with a gunslash.

You got me Wrong i mean wich Equipment, not Weapon.

Beside the Armor you wear, there are 3 Slots for Equipment. These Parts got 3 Different Icons ( Sword / Rifle / Staff).

I just wanto know if i should use the Equipment with the Staff Icon.

Blackheart521
Jun 25, 2012, 12:32 PM
You got me Wrong i mean wich Equipment, not Weapon.

Beside the Armor you wear, there are 3 Slots for Equipment. These Parts got 3 Different Icons ( Sword / Rifle / Staff).

I just wanto know if i should use the Equipment with the Staff Icon.

Well as a Force you can only equip these weapons

Rod/Staff: Higher tech attack, cast directly from yourself
Talis(Cards):Slightly Lower Tech attack, can throw cards and cast spells remotely from the location of the card
Gunslash:does not offer tech advantages but good for building back PP by shooting from afar to shoot more techs afterwards

Edit: nevermind I see what you're getting at, for equipment(Units) you should choose whatever gives the stats you want, some give offense bonuses when they have special bonuses on them at random if that is what you're looking for, most enemies use strike attacks though so S. Defense early on is good, which is the sword icon
^^

Dinosaur
Jun 25, 2012, 12:37 PM
I don't see Shifta. You probably want to pick that up if your concern is damage.

pikachief
Jun 25, 2012, 12:40 PM
so you're charging your spells and your Just Attacking?

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:41 PM
I don't see Shifta. You probably want to pick that up if your concern is damage.

Shifta and Deband are REALLY rare. I've found one Deband disk ever.

The only reliable source is from NPC gifts... and Shifta requires like 40 S ranks with the blonde force girl.

Akaimizu
Jun 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah. I was lucky to find the Deband when I did. I found it early, but it was the only one that dropped. Funny enough, I still haven't picked up Resta with this characeter. Did have it during Pre-open Beta, but not one dropped for me in Open, so far.

palmtop
Jun 25, 2012, 12:47 PM

I charge my Skills and then blow the Enemys with it. Regular Attacks only if im out of PP.

Nemhy
Jun 25, 2012, 12:54 PM

I don't understand how to Just action with a charged tech...Is it the black circle that forms in right as it first charges?