PDA

View Full Version : Guide Auto Words/Marco Guide(Open Beta Version Fixed)

nightmesh
Jun 25, 2012, 04:31 PM
Macro are just regular macros. Auto words are text that can activate base on the situation they are specified for. Such as being heal or finishing an emergency code. Their very nifty and can be customized completely. I'll try and not ramble around and keep it simple.

1.How to get to Macro/Auto Words.

[SPOILER-BOX]Bring up your main menu and move over to the settings(the box with the gears).
Then pick the second option.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/beanclr/pso20120625_135819_001.jpg

Confirm that and you should get this menu.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/beanclr/pso20120625_135826_002.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

2.How to set and use marcos.

[SPOILER-BOX]The first option you'll see after that are your marcos. They each have a number by them so I wont explain what that does. Now you can type what ever you want in that just exit that menu and it saves it. You don't need to confirm anything.

The Hotkey for the keyboard is CTRL + F1 - F10. For the gamepad you can bring up the quick menu by pressing the select button. This can also be brought up by bring pushing end on your keyboard.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/beanclr/pso20120625_140047_006.jpg

Then select the first option and that's your macros. Hit it to activate it. That's all I know about marcos.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

3.Changing Colors and Adding Variables(Info came from the awesome JeyKama)
[SPOILER-BOX]
A small addendum to autowords, found out that the macros support colors and variables.

Colors
Red {red}
Beige {bei}
Green {gre}
Violet {vio}
Black{blk}
Orange {ora}
Yellow {yel}
Blue {blu}
Purple {pur}
Gray {gra}
White {whi}
Default {def}

To use these, place the modifier in front of the text you want to color, and it will color everything until the next color modifier.

For example.
{yel}This is a {pur}purple {red}word. But now it is red.

(unfortunately these forums don't seem to support color.) That would make "This is a" in yellow test, "purple" in purple text, and the rest of the line in red.

Variables.
These are cool because they can be written to make your party/multiparty aware of your status. Ever had a fit trying to tell your group that 3 Guwanada's just spawned while running away from them? Here's the answer.

<photonarts> or <pa>: Displays the name of the last PA used
<technic> or <tc>: Displays the name of the last Tech used
<pos>: Current position
<area>: Current area name
<me>: Your character's name
<target> or <t>: Displays name of last thing targeted
<weapon> or <wp>: Displays name of currently equipped weapon
<hp>: Displays current/max hp
<pp>: Displays current/max pp

So if you want to tell your multiparty where an event is, you can use the <pos> in an Event Start autoword or a Shortcut Word for easy access.

/toge {def}Event starting at {red}<pos>{def}!

will get everyone's attention and display your current position in bright red text.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

4.How to set up/use auto words.
[SPOILER-BOX]Okay, so on the same menu for marcos are auto words right below it.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/beanclr/pso20120625_135912_003.jpg

These a work in according to the circumstance they are set up for. They aren't all spammy. Most of them are rarely happen. If anything I would say make one for dying/reviving as its very helpful when things get hairy.

You can set up to 3 auto words that are chosen at random for everyone. Use the + symbol to add and the - symbol to delete the bottom one.

Following the names of the tabs I used(Not a perfect translation) these are what they need to happen for them to work.

*= Always active under circumstance.

Event
Mission Start*
Mission End*
Emergency Code Started*
Emergency Code Complete*
Emergency Code Failed*
PSE Occurs*
PSE Levels Up*
PSE Burst Occurs*
Called a Drop Ship*(Make a party mission)
Canceled Drop Ship*(Canceling party mission)

Party
You Level Up*
Party Member Levels Up*
Healed by Party Member*
Buff by Party Member*

Combat
KO'd*
Revived*
Less Than 30% HP Remaining
Less Than 10% HP Remaining
Use Healing Item
Pick Up a Rare Item*
Receive Small Damage
Receive Medium Damage
Receive Large Damage
Doing a Normal Attack
Use a PA
Use Just Guard Successfully
Dogding/Rolling
Using a Class Skill[/SPOILER-BOX]

You can add faces and animations to them like this.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/beanclr/pso20120625_140731_009.jpg

Someone has already made a pretty rocking guide for that so I'll link you to that (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196339).

Cla
Jun 28, 2012, 12:31 AM
As far as I know the keyboard doesn't have a hotkey for macros.It's CTRL+F1 thru F10

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 12:47 AM
Oh my God thank you so much. I've been dying to get some autowords in besides my aweful mission end macro, and haven't been able to find any translations to them at all. They're hard enough to set up in english!
These transfer over to my NPC too, right? And automatically updated on her?

Erm, questions.
If you have multiple chat bubbles, like you have in your post, does that mean the game chooses one of them at random?

Also, what's the difference between a PSE and a PSE burst? Is the former just when the PSE of the area levels up?

Closed beta, there was an option to say something when I joined a party. But I don't see that on your list. Was this changed, or is it under a different name?

Slidikins
Jun 28, 2012, 07:35 AM
Erm, questions.
If you have multiple chat bubbles, like you have in your post, does that mean the game chooses one of them at random?

Also, what's the difference between a PSE and a PSE burst? Is the former just when the PSE of the area levels up?

Closed beta, there was an option to say something when I joined a party. But I don't see that on your list. Was this changed, or is it under a different name?

1) Yes, you can have up to 3 options for every trigger, and it will choose a random one for variation.

2) You'll know the difference when you get a PSE Burst, but it's different.

3) I believe that option is the last one on the first tab, but I need the game to be up to double check. He has it as "Cancelling Party Mission" but without seeing the original text I can't tell.

My own question:
For low/med/high damage, you have it was "received damage," which is how I perceived it. My teammate swears it's dealt damage. Can anyone verify when it triggers on their end?

MrShoestore
Jun 28, 2012, 07:40 AM
Great! a guide to Marco's, now I can finally get that pizza ordered.....ohwait....

nightmesh
Jun 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
1) Yes, you can have up to 3 options for every trigger, and it will choose a random one for variation.

3) I believe that option is the last one on the first tab, but I need the game to be up to double check. He has it as "Cancelling Party Mission" but without seeing the original text I can't tell.

My own question:
For low/med/high damage, you have it was "received damage," which is how I perceived it. My teammate swears it's dealt damage. Can anyone verify when it triggers on their end?
I honestly never set the pse ones but I'll try it when the game comes up to see when it actually actives.

About the damage one. Tested it and also have a friend that tested it on his too. It's received damage. Though I only have heavy damage because auto words for the others seem silly. The heavy only comes up 1/4 hard hit. I tested the dogde/rolling by accident and its surprising not as annoying as I thought it would be. As long as you don't use a face(animations are fine) for it is totally not distracting.

They used to have one for when you got stuck in a trap and got release from one but they took it out in obt. Really wanted that one. =/

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
That's weird. You'd think that would be the best time to have an autoword. Though I've learned to dodge through the explosion, so it doesn't effect me now.

Thanks for mentioning the dodging and heavy damage ones. I was curious about how annoying those are. If they aren't bad, I might not be so hesitant to make one.

nightmesh
Jun 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
That's weird. You'd think that would be the best time to have an autoword. Though I've learned to dodge through the explosion, so it doesn't effect me now.

Thanks for mentioning the dodging and heavy damage ones. I was curious about how annoying those are. If they aren't bad, I might not be so hesitant to make one.

Yah I went a little crazy at first and put faces/animations on everything. XD I now only have faces for dying/reviving/heavy damage/healing/leveling up/Code Start. Woah that sounds like a lot but most rarely ever happen to me. All my others are just text with nice animations.

RocSage
Jun 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
you should add how people go about turning them off when they have NPCs in their party. I've heard you can do it, but don't know how.

nightmesh
Jun 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Well I found a option that was posted on pso fan blog but not sure if its in obt. I'll post it down here and not in the guide if its wrong. It doesn't turn off just npc but everyone's,including yours, if I guess correct.

You'd get to this menu by choosing the third option on the settings(gear box).

Communication Settings

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Comm-settings-450x317.jpg

Communication Settings

コミュニケーション設定 Communication Settings

ダイレクトチャット Direct Chat
[Top = ON]

[B] オートワード使用設定 Use Autowords
[Top = ON]
[Bottom = OFF]
オートワードをログに表示 Log Autowords
[Top = ON]
[Bottom = OFF]
メール返信時の引用 Quote Mail
[Top = Quote]
[Bottom = Don't Quote]
ログインコール送信設定 “Login Call” Settings
[Top = ON]
[Bottom = OFF]
ログウィンドウの「すべて表示」に表示するチャンネル Log Window Channels
[1st = Nearby]
[2nd = Party]
[3rd = Team]
[4th = Whisper]
[5th = System]
[6th = Character]

Cypher_9
Jun 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Well I found a option that was posted on pso fan blog but not sure if its in obt. I'll post it down here and not in the guide if its wrong. It doesn't turn off just npc but everyone's,including yours, if I guess correct.

You'd get to this menu by choosing the third option on the settings(gear box).

SWEET! Now i can turn off the spam from TEAM chat... I truly dont know why they show it in bubble text as well....

nightmesh
Jun 28, 2012, 05:45 PM
SWEET! Now i can turn off the spam from TEAM chat... I truly dont know why they show it in bubble text as well.... Do you mean team or party chat?

Cypher_9
Jun 29, 2012, 12:19 AM
Do you mean team or party chat?

Team/Guild Chat, a few of the members were spamming the emotes a bit too much... especially when i was capturing a run.

nightmesh
Jun 29, 2012, 12:33 AM
I don't think it turns off chat bubbles.

JeyKama
Jun 29, 2012, 05:14 AM
A small addendum to autowords, found out that the macros support colors and variables.

Colors
Red {red}
Beige {bei}
Green {gre}
Violet {vio}
Black{blk}
Orange {ora}
Yellow {yel}
Blue {blu}
Purple {pur}
Gray {gra}
White {whi}
Default {def}

To use these, place the modifier in front of the text you want to color, and it will color everything until the next color modifier.

For example.
{yel}This is a {pur}purple {red}word. But now it is red.

(unfortunately these forums don't seem to support color.) That would make "This is a" in yellow test, "purple" in purple text, and the rest of the line in red.

Variables.
These are cool because they can be written to make your party/multiparty aware of your status. Ever had a fit trying to tell your group that 3 Guwanada's just spawned while running away from them? Here's the answer.

<photonarts> or <pa>: Displays the name of the last PA used
<technic> or <tc>: Displays the name of the last Tech used
<pos>: Current position
<area>: Current area name
<me>: Your character's name
<target> or <t>: Displays name of last thing targeted
<weapon> or <wp>: Displays name of currently equipped weapon
<hp>: Displays current/max hp
<pp>: Displays current/max pp

So if you want to tell your multiparty where an event is, you can use the <pos> in an Event Start autoword or a Shortcut Word for easy access.

/toge {def}Event starting at {red}<pos>{def}!

will get everyone's attention and display your current position in bright red text.

nightmesh
Jun 29, 2012, 05:40 PM
That's awesome info. I added it to the guide. Later I'll get some pics of it in action so people can see how it works. This will really help in city/urban with all the parties.

Slidikins
Jun 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
Canceled Drop Ship*(Canceling party mission)
90% sure this is actually "Join a Drop Ship in progress" or along those lines.

Cla
Jul 3, 2012, 03:37 PM
Canceled Drop Ship*(Canceling party mission)The last Auto-Word in the Event category is actually one that kicks in if you join a party mid-mission:

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-chat-and-autowords-guide/

Haseokun
Jul 31, 2012, 02:05 PM

My own question:

I'm still trying to get a PSE Burst for the PSE Client Order. I've seen PSE go as high as lv5 before, with no burst despite hitting LV10 and slaughtering things as fast as possible with JAs rather than normal attacks. How the heck do you make the leveled up PSE turn into a PSE Burst? I've asked around a few times in the lobby, and gained no insight into how to make it happen, aside from lobby rats entertaining me with funny emotes, which is more fun than it sounds. The best advice I've gotten towards this is "kill everything as fast as possible".

Syklo
Nov 5, 2012, 10:12 PM
I'm still trying to get a PSE Burst for the PSE Client Order. I've seen PSE go as high as lv5 before, with no burst despite hitting LV10 and slaughtering things as fast as possible with JAs rather than normal attacks. How the heck do you make the leveled up PSE turn into a PSE Burst? I've asked around a few times in the lobby, and gained no insight into how to make it happen, aside from lobby rats entertaining me with funny emotes, which is more fun than it sounds. The best advice I've gotten towards this is "kill everything as fast as possible".
Unfortunately, that is the best advice you can get : Kill everything as fast as possible.

But even better is to do so in an MPA full with 12 players, non-npcs, since it'll be faster that way.

And if you ever find a code protect involving photon crystals or the like, DON'T FAIL.
Succeeding will boost the rate of PSE's occurring.

As for HOW a PSE burst happens......it's when you exceed lvl 8 of any PSE.

IndigoNovember
Nov 5, 2012, 10:38 PM
Necro Burst!

Syklo
Nov 6, 2012, 01:28 AM
Necro Burst!
-oops-

But while on-topic, is there a way to set an auto-word for when you get picked as a friend partner?

What I mean is....when you pick an npc partner they make their introductory statement (よろしくな、相棒 being afin's); anyway to set an autoword for that?

IndigoNovember
Nov 6, 2012, 02:52 AM
Not that I've found. Sad, cause I wanted something similar as well.