PDA

View Full Version : GC: I need your help to find something out!

HaLLa
Mar 23, 2003, 11:15 PM
If you could all do this it would help a lot and either prove or erase a theory.

Everytime you find a rare write down you beat time. Then send me all the beat times from when you find the rares. I will put all the results together and try to find a pattern if any. Then if I get enough from you I might be able to prove whether beat time has ne thing at all to do with rares. So if you could all help me it would be appreciated. I started writing mine down. Thanks people. I will post results when I get enough.

Getintothegame
Mar 23, 2003, 11:22 PM
Isn't this in the other fourm?

Edit comin soon...

Edit: I think pixelate did this one... in Item Excevations... Well, kinda. He's compiling them into guides.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-03-23 20:31 ]</font>

HaLLa
Mar 23, 2003, 11:25 PM
no. That was someones question about beats. You can look if you want

HaLLa
Mar 24, 2003, 12:01 AM
if your going to send me your info also please write down what difficulty you were in and what level (ex. Forest 1, Cave 3) thanks

rena-ko
Mar 24, 2003, 06:51 AM
pm or mail?

so far i have written down more or less all offline findings with level, area, difficulty, beat time, dropped by, found by (ID) and level.
its not much, its just up to hard mode but its a start i'd say.

HaLLa
Mar 24, 2003, 12:48 PM
it would be best if you could PM it to me. Hey whatever you got works and will help.

Maelkith
Mar 24, 2003, 04:26 PM
i have a doubt about the beat time theory.

anyone who has done the canadine trick knows that the regenerated bots do not drop items a second time. so the beat time would possibly apply to when the monsters first generated, and not when they are killed. a question arises as to when the game decides what enemies are carrying. is that set in stone when they generate, when the area generates, or when they are killed the first time. the items may generate when you choose a difficulty. thats alot of beat times to write down and corelate.

Zack_Morris
Mar 24, 2003, 05:31 PM
It's worth a shot. I'll send you my beat times. (usually at night or during the day if i have nothing to do)....sorry couldn't help myself on that one.

Zeebo
Mar 24, 2003, 05:35 PM
218 greennill dragon hard.... Musashi

Muku6
Mar 24, 2003, 06:23 PM
I did my own journal of this on my own before. I don't think it has to do with beat times. Anyways, with my journal the double digit beat theory went out the window.

In some sense this subject should just die. Why can't people just accept that PSO, like any other game, has random drops?

HaLLa
Mar 24, 2003, 09:28 PM
im trying to either prove the theory or put it to an end. I myself dont beleive in it but whats the harm in making sure?