PDA

View Full Version : Re-thinking my choice of being a CAST..

Swaggerjak
Jun 25, 2012, 06:34 PM
I kind of don't want to be a CAST anymore.. humans tend to have a bit more personality. Would anyone be able to hold onto my weapons/armor and transfer them to a new character if I make one? It would be greatly appreciated.

thablinksta
Jun 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
I kind of don't want to be a CAST anymore.. humans tend to have a bit more personality. Would anyone be able to hold onto my weapons/armor and transfer them to a new character if I make one? It would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that storage was cross-character... if you put your items in storage, can't you grab them on your other character?

Gardios
Yes, just put everything into your storage.

Swaggerjak
How do I unequip items? lol. Sounds like a dumb question but I can't figure it out. Can't deposit equipped items.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
Open the equip menu (f5), click the gear, click the third option.

Coatl
Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 PM
You could also just change your class..
You don't have to make a new character.

TerminalMontage
Jun 25, 2012, 10:40 PM
Funny, humanoids might have more personality per se, but Casts have much more appearance customization as of now.

Archandes
Jun 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
I kind of don't want to be a CAST anymore.. humans tend to have a bit more personality.

Legion (mass effect 3) is the only humanoid cyborg who can make me cry. CAST also have their own "personality" and "expersion" but they always keep chillin :-P

Kanore
Jun 26, 2012, 01:33 PM
Every MMO ever:
- has humans
- has elves
- doesn't have robots

PSO series:
- has humans and elves
- has robots

if you actively make the decision to not roll CAST - even worse, if you re-think about having rolled CAST, you are harming the population of online robots

Slidikins
Jun 26, 2012, 01:41 PM
humans tend to have a bit more personality.

If you feel that CASTs have less personality than humans, you may want to revisit the stories of the Phantasy Star games. CASTs show an amazing amount of personality and motive (ignoring PSU for the most part) and in this game they're just as expressive. You can have flowing hair and even a human voice.

Now, I'm loving my CAST, but since I don't get trap detection, status immunity, trap laying, and HP regen... I'm wondering if it was what I was hoping it to be.

Khabarakh
Jun 26, 2012, 01:41 PM
Every MMO ever:
- has humans
- has elves
- doesn't have robots

PSO series:
- has humans and elves
- has robots

if you actively make the decision to not roll CAST - even worse, if you re-think about having rolled CAST, you are harming the population of online robots

Look at David in Prometheus - an android, per se, and yet the most interesting character in the movie. Personality is often more about experience and temperment rather than expression.

gigawuts
Jun 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
Just give yourself a squishy face.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
If you feel that CASTs have less personality than humans, you may want to revisit the stories of the Phantasy Star games. CASTs show an amazing amount of personality and motive (ignoring PSU for the most part) and in this game they're just as expressive. You can have flowing hair and even a human voice.

Now, I'm loving my CAST, but since I don't get trap detection, status immunity, trap laying, and HP regen... I'm wondering if it was what I was hoping it to be.

even in PSU as well+^_^+ remember the Vivian mission in the GRM shop where she grows to like you too much and they wipe her memory? or that one rugged old cast that teaches Ethen? he had personality+^_^+ even Renvolt Magashi (interesting villain, better then some I've seen) had a full load of narcissistic power hungry greed+^_^+ it all goes back to that one star trek character with the really pale skin+^_^+ and gundams+^_^+

Blackheart521
Jun 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
even in PSU as well+^_^+ remember the Vivian mission in the GRM shop where she grows to like you too much and they wipe her memory? or that one rugged old cast that teaches Ethen? he had personality+^_^+ even Renvolt Magashi (interesting villain, better then some I've seen) had a full load of narcissistic power hungry greed+^_^+ it all goes back to that one star trek character with the really pale skin+^_^+ and gundams+^_^+

LOU!!!! what about Lou!?!? she cryed for another dead Lou model... thats like unexplainable :-o

Swaggerjak
Jul 18, 2012, 02:52 PM
I caught so much flak for this. hahahah

scrangos
Jul 18, 2012, 03:41 PM
humans tend to have a bit more personality.

Lisa.

Swaggerjak
Jul 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
Well, I made a CAST for my hunter (2nd toon) to switch it up a little bit. I was a CAST through the other games so I wanted to switch to a human. If you see a CAST named Evonik in the lobbies or in game. That's me.

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
Hover Skates. D<

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Hover Skates. D<

ayer geer is kooler amirite homes

pikachief
Jul 18, 2012, 07:49 PM
My CAST has a hat. I call it his personality hat, because of how much personality it adds to him! (that and because idk what kind of hat it is)

IzzyData
Jul 18, 2012, 08:05 PM
Robots can change all their colors on an rbg scale and humans / newmans can't.

Blundy
Jul 19, 2012, 01:22 AM
Robots can change all their colors on an rbg scale and humans / newmans can't.

annoyingly enough though, they dont have access to that handy "skin color" pool; finding a skin color that isnt deathly pale or say green is a real pain!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 19, 2012, 01:56 AM
If you feel that CASTs have less personality than humans, you may want to revisit the stories of the Phantasy Star games. CASTs show an amazing amount of personality and motive (ignoring PSU for the most part) and in this game they're just as expressive. You can have flowing hair and even a human voice.WAT

But... BROcast speaks and acts like a robot... a robot programmed to be a bro. Do you mean to say... BROcast is going against canon? Or are there some Casts in PSO that behave more like robots than artificial humans?

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 19, 2012, 02:53 AM
>Re-thinking my choice of being a CAST..
>humans tend to have a bit more personality.

Son, I am disappoint. My CAST has more personality in her little detachable pinky than you will ever have as a Human. Enjoy your new life, meatbag.

Khasar
Jul 19, 2012, 03:09 AM

I done the same thing, I rolled human now and left my cast aside. Will grab my cast gear once I level up a bit more (as the guys have said you can cross share your stuff)

Feggge
Jul 19, 2012, 03:49 AM
I done the same thing, I rolled human now and left my cast aside. Will grab my cast gear once I level up a bit more (as the guys have said you can cross share your stuff)

hehe, "cast aside" ^_^