PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Desert Mission... WTF...

serenade
Jun 25, 2012, 07:24 PM
is it just me, or is there something wrong with the last block?'

i've been trying to s-rank it in under 18 minutes for the free desert mission, but everytime i get to the last block, it takes FOREVER for the drill code to initiate.

there were times when i triple looped the map before it finally started. it seems like no mater what i do, it insists on starting AFTER the 18 minutes are up :| no matter if i exxplore the entire map well before the time limit.

is there something you need to do to trigger it? or am i just getting f'd over here?

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 07:25 PM
I think you're just getting messed up somehow - it always triggers when I get deep enough in for me. I solo'd that one down in like 11 minutes total.

ashley50
Jun 25, 2012, 07:26 PM
It'd better to do that mission with other players.

Due to that machine alone.

serenade
Jun 25, 2012, 07:27 PM
seriously. i've gotten to the last block solo within 6-8 minutes everytime, but it just doesnt start. i just round around the entire map in circles until it finally decides to initiate.

it really pisses me off....

Ultie
Jun 25, 2012, 07:37 PM
sometimes you have to go right to the edge to make it pop, not just have the bit visible. what me and friends did was one of us rushed ahead and popped it, then we killed monsters until a few minutes were left. same thing with the quest after it collecting the crystals.

Vylera
Jun 25, 2012, 07:38 PM
I have the inverse of your problem.

After I activated the required 2 drill machines, it took roughly 2 minutes after the 2 minute timer was up before the lady popped up on my screen telling me I'm done.

serenade
Jun 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
ok. it's gotta be glitched for me. just had a code attack in the 3rd block and the enemies didnt appear. checked their marks on the map and they werent there. looped back and got the same code attack so i had 2 codes for the same enemies. and STILL no drills.

Konflyk
Jun 25, 2012, 08:33 PM
Probably lag, also I was sure the 3rd Mission(drills) was 15 minutes, while the second(crystal gathering) was 18

The Awesomeinator
Jun 25, 2012, 09:32 PM
It's a combination of poorly placed triggers and lag.

I once swept an entire map in the Collect desert mission and didn't trigger the event- turned out the trigger was in a specific spot which I had never stepped on, and yet I had filled out the entire map.... :S

Dawt
Jun 25, 2012, 09:41 PM
Had the same problem. Get there a little bit faster and kill kill kill until it spawns. Its an emergency mission and is most likely going to pop mid fight when mobs begin to spawn in a group. My group had to do this mission about 3-4 times before we finally got it to spawn. I feel your pain, but don't give up on it. Just keep doing it.

serenade
Jun 26, 2012, 03:22 PM
finally got it. figured out what was giving me the issue. apparently when i take 3 npcs with me, it lags the event. but everytime i went in with 2, it loaded properly.

finally have free desert so i can now get the last 2 antlion kills i need for hard mode.

Brus
Jun 26, 2012, 05:54 PM
Man... whoever thought that this drilling part would be a great idea. Yeah, he sucks.

ZIE creations
Jun 26, 2012, 06:17 PM
Man... whoever thought that this drilling part would be a great idea. Yeah, he sucks.

It'd be ok if it wasn't in a time trial, rather like the idea, just not "Find waldo then get him some dug up maseta!"

Just for future reference, soloing on any missions without bosses will end up being easier and faster as the requirement for an S rank is lower.

LionHeart-
Jun 26, 2012, 06:38 PM
How do you actually use the drills? I failed for some reason (Solo'd it, explored all the blocks and fought all the spawns, took ages lol). I tried spamming 'E' or holding it but it only generates so far, before compiling back down again.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
How do you actually use the drills? I failed for some reason (Solo'd it, explored all the blocks and fought all the spawns, took ages lol). I tried spamming 'E' or holding it but it only generates so far, before compiling back down again.

Simple - only interact when they're shining.

LionHeart-
Jun 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
Simple - only interact when they're shining.

Hahah! Thanks! I've manage to do it, with a random team, :)