PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 S-Rank Cater Doran Mission

M3rror
Jun 25, 2012, 08:42 PM
I've done the most common S-Rank help and that's kill every enemy that spawns, sadly that does not work for this quest. I've done three runs so far, each with surprisingly varying results.

(All 3 runs were done with my character and Xeno and each were an attempt to get under 16 minutes for Koffee's client order)
Run 1: time was 16:31, percentage was around 93% (A rank), I didn't kill every enemy that spawned so my assumption was I needed to do so.
Run 2: Time was 16:03, percentage was around 83% (A rank), I killed a little more than last time.
Run 3: time was 13:23, percentage was 53.70% (B Rank), I killed EVERYTHING that spawned.

Maybe I'm not supposed to kill enemies? I can't read Kanji, but I know it says Enemy something in the mission report.

EDIT: Also, no deaths in any of the runs I did.

Ana-Chan
Jun 25, 2012, 08:56 PM
I've done the most common S-Rank help and that's kill every enemy that spawns, sadly that does not work for this quest. I've done three runs so far, each with surprisingly varying results.

(All 3 runs were done with my character and Xeno and each were an attempt to get under 16 minutes for Koffee's client order)
Run 1: time was 16:31, percentage was around 93% (A rank), I didn't kill every enemy that spawned so my assumption was I needed to do so.
Run 2: Time was 16:03, percentage was around 83% (A rank), I killed a little more than last time.
Run 3: time was 13:23, percentage was 53.70% (B Rank), I killed EVERYTHING that spawned.

Maybe I'm not supposed to kill enemies? I can't read Kanji, but I know it says Enemy something in the mission report.

EDIT: Also, no deaths in any of the runs I did.

The first score is the enemy kill count. But since the second area is a multi party area, then there is actually no fixed upper limit on how many enemies spawn. This means you are just going to have to kill as much as you can in the time limit and hope for the best. It is easier if you are in a party/have NPCs with you or follow groups around in the multi party area because anything that you get experience for will count towards the kills.

When I was getting S rank for that mission, I know I was killing something like 40 monsters, but that is a rough estimate and could be higher or lower than how many registered.

M3rror
Jun 25, 2012, 09:01 PM
So the solo area kills are not counted then; only the Multi-party ones? If so, that sort of makes sense. In the 3rd run not many enemies spawned at all in the MP room.

EDIT: Nvm I get what you're saying. Instead of it being a kill everything that spawns, there's a kill count that has to be reached.

Sp-24
Jun 25, 2012, 10:46 PM
I think that the enemy score has something to do with either the type of the enemy that you are killing or with the way they appear. I had the same issues with Cathedran and Vol Dragon missions, but it was the most obvious with the stone-collecting mission on Lilipa. I've performed a small Dagan Genocide there but still got 77% enemy count. Then, I've tried to only kill the two enemies that are "featured" in quest description (and still let myself skip a few) and got 100%.

Mag-X
Jun 26, 2012, 12:42 AM
Try just blowing through doing only the Codes (and maybe killing a few random enemies along the way). It's worked for me.