PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Anyone else having an ~amaaaaazing~ time in PSO2??

sugarFO
Jun 26, 2012, 04:19 AM
I sure am! I love combat the most. It feels so action-y and fluid. I don't mind helping other people with their quests because so long as I am killing I'm having a great time! :D

I've made some nice friends as well. I made a post a while ago about hoping for a nice community and there definitely is one. If I play with someone cool it isn't long after a mission is complete that we exchange cards! It's just really great and I have plenty of people to play with so I'm never lonely.

I also love how cute my character is. I have been obsessed with FOmarl since the original PSO and I love her updated outfit in this game. Very stylish. Though I really want the Flor Victoria dress from PSP2i. I hope they bring back the old costumes from other games.

What do you love most about PSO2 so far?

Angelo
Jun 26, 2012, 04:24 AM
I'm sure they'll have many more costumes in the future. Some type of female formal dress is most likely in the works, since we've seen the male formal suit. I'm really impressed with the FOmarl dress though.

What do I like about it most so far? Can't really put my finger on it.

I'm enjoying it more than any previous installments in the series though.

...and now I'm going to log in.

sugarFO
Jun 26, 2012, 04:26 AM
I'm sure they'll have many more costumes in the future. Some type of female formal dress is most likely in the works, since we've seen the male formal suit. I'm really impressed with the FOmarl dress though.

What do I like about it most so far? Can't really put my finger on it.

I'm enjoying it more than any previous installments in the series though.

...and now I'm going to log in.

We definitely have to meet up and play!

Digs
Jun 26, 2012, 04:27 AM
Talis, they are the greatest additions to PSO ever, being able to throw a one into a crowd all the way on the other side of the room and ELECTRO 'SPLOSION!! I really enjoy it. ^^;

I also agree about the community, PSU had an okay community but this game really takes me back to the Dreamcast days and the hours I spent in the lobbies just goofing off with people. Just wish I wouldn't had spent so much time running with IGNugz.

KanekoSaya
Jun 26, 2012, 04:28 AM
I love everything about it. I can't stop playing...

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 26, 2012, 04:32 AM
was saying the same thing last night, you know its a good game when you get loads of epic battle stories :)

Totori
Jun 26, 2012, 04:34 AM
Hehe, it's hands down the best in the series! Almost too hard to put down!

And the awesome character creation, helping people out and I enjoy a few talks back and forth!

VonHalford
Jun 26, 2012, 04:39 AM
Best thing in gaming history hands down. We should promote it more.

Aeris
Jun 26, 2012, 04:44 AM
Been playing since OB started and its pretty fun and i ran into you on some runs, you didn't card me too D=.

sugarFO
Jun 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
Been playing since OB started and its pretty fun and i ran into you on some runs, you didn't card me too D=.

I may have been tired or something. I've been doing marathons! If you see me again send me a card! ^^

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 04:57 AM
I've been having more fun than I've had in an online game in a long time. A lot of it is the community and old friends.

MasterSpark
Jun 26, 2012, 05:00 AM
Talis, they are the greatest additions to PSO ever, being able to throw a one into a crowd all the way on the other side of the room and ELECTRO 'SPLOSION!! I really enjoy it. ^^;

I'm to the contrary, I just can't get into the card gamestyle. Give me a rod and let me wade into the crowd any day, please. :razz:

NeonaPulsar
Jun 26, 2012, 05:01 AM
I've been having more fun than I've had in an online game in a long time. A lot of it is the community and old friends.

I wish i was part of that community. Doesn't mean I am not having a blast with a friend of mine! We just got our a** es handing to us by one of those cave Dragons. Haha, it was exciting to say the least.

I am completely enjoying the game. :D

VonHalford
Jun 26, 2012, 05:03 AM
I've made so many friends and met so many great people. I don't even think I'd move to an American server. I just wish I could read it so I wouldn't keep accidentally deleting things and blocking people I don't mean to.

Darki
Jun 26, 2012, 05:06 AM
I'm really having an amazing time. I don't seem to get tired of playing, which might not be that good because I end with my ass all sore from being here all the day. <_<

AlMcFly
Jun 26, 2012, 05:08 AM
I'm taking my time and savoring every minute of it :D

Digs
Jun 26, 2012, 05:32 AM
I'm to the contrary, I just can't get into the card gamestyle. Give me a rod and let me wade into the crowd any day, please. :razz:
I've always been a FO/RA style player when it came to PSO, I do much better at a distance than I do up close and personal HU style.
The Cards help so much in the Cave against the shielded enemies, throwing a card behind them and and casting Barta from it into their back is a great way to break their defenses.

MasterSpark
Jun 26, 2012, 06:03 AM
I've always been a FO/RA style player when it came to PSO, I do much better at a distance than I do up close and personal HU style.
The Cards help so much in the Cave against the shielded enemies, throwing a card behind them and and casting Barta from it into their back is a great way to break their defenses.

That's funny, I've been primarily a hunter player up until now. I guess our previous experiences shape our tastes outside of the original field. :)

riezahughes
Jun 26, 2012, 06:12 AM
I have to say i'm having a blast. I'm finally having a break for the first time in almost 3 days.. but i'm so glad to have this to jump on. I'm like a zombie right now..
I met a lot of people from CBT that i knew as well as some great new folk, and i have a right laugh just sitting around chatting to folk! :)

You guys are all awesome.

Bradders
Jun 26, 2012, 06:39 AM
I am having a blast, i was up till 4am yday night playing with 2 hours left till i had work lol i havnt done that in a long time.

KlericVezax
Jun 26, 2012, 09:43 AM
I am having a super happy fun time, that's for sure.

kudo
Jun 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
The best thing in PSO2 is the randomize character button in the creator near the bottom.

Introduced 5 people to it, 4 have raged xD

Zyrusticae
Jun 26, 2012, 09:54 AM
This is the best thing.

I will freely admit, however, that my attention is torn between this and Dragon's Dogma. Both are excellent action-RPGs.

Still, I am enjoying the community thus far on ship 2/block 2X. Surprisingly decent folks all around.

Crysteon
Jun 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
I'll admit I havent had fun like this in a long time. I just wish the drops rate werent that annoying to me, though (I just keep getting those fugly 7* gunslashes >_>...I need better rares, people! )

The Walrus
Jun 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
This game lived up to the hype and more imo. Easily one of my favorite games already and it's not even finished XD

Adelheid
Jun 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'm only here to say... my character is the cutest.

JenTy
Jun 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
This is my first time playing a PS game online (with people other than my IRL friends), and I really love the community. I've already made a ton of friends.

My favorite part would have to be the lobby dance parties. One person dances, more people join, then soon it's a huge party!

Misare
Jun 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Honestly, the game is 80% of everything I hoped and only 20% of what I feared. All in all, I'm very pleased and have been enjoying the community.

Adelheid
Jun 26, 2012, 10:19 AM
The game is about 50/50 for me. Too much PSU not enough PSO. But overall still having fun and loving the game.

Misare
Jun 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
The game is about 50/50 for me. Too much PSU not enough PSO. But overall still having fun and loving the game.

It really depends on how they expand upon it (where are the classic weapons like slicers and needlers?). Currently it could go either way but it has more of a PSO vibe than PSU.

Adelheid
Jun 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
The biggest gripes I have are, not in any particular order:

1) PSU Mission Design rather than the Roguelike Dungeon Crawler Map Design PSO had.
2) Class Restricted Equipment AND Stat Restricted Equipment (Thus making certain race/class combinations "wrong choices") I WANT MY HUNEWEARL TO BE A HUNTER WITH HALF DECENT MAGIC PLEASE. Too bad I'm not allowed to use that MST stat my Hunter has...
3) Combination of PSO weapon types into single weapons/Photon Arts (Gunslayer is the Saber and Handgun put together, PA takes over shotgun, wired lance is all the dual wield melee weapons + slicer, etc.) and the general loss of weapon types (double weapons). Loss of multi-hitting attacks from regular swing.
4) Weapon Quick Swapping Restricted by arbitrarily limited palettes instead of "Just however many is in your inventory" (though this is partially because of their linking PAs to palettes thing, rather than weapons just sometimes having a special attack like in PSO).
5) Casts aren't as unique anymore, since they have access to magic and no special effects that other races don't get.
6) Strange armor parts as an excuse for accessories (just give us more aesthetic accessories!) instead of just a straight up photon shield + sockets.
6) Delayed mag progression.
7) Low maximum level (which they did because they introduced a skill tree).
8 ) Loss of ability to hit multiple parts of a large mob at the same time, except under certain circumstances (I think the partisan blade wave PA hits 2 parts max).

thablinksta
Jun 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
My favorite part about PSO 2 is the random emergency codes. They make things different every time you do a dungeon.

When you hear that guy say "EMERGENCY CODE", it can be good or bad. If he announces "ATTACK" or "ELIMINATION", you know that you're about to get a nice chunk of xp for tearing apart some enemies. If he announces "DUEL" or "CHANGE OVER", you know that this dungeon is about to get EPIC. Occasionally you do run into two or more boss fights during a run. When the second one starts, I always start out thinking "DAMN IT why do I have to fight another one!" but by the time its over, I'm saying "man that was so epic!"

When you hear "COLLECT" I get mad. Running around to collect boxes is not why I am playing PSO, but even so, it makes things interesting. This is the first game I have played where I go into each dungeon and it really is different/exciting every time. My only hope is that there are enough worlds and environments to keep it fresh. I think the effect will start wearing off once I hit a certain level and have to start again at the forest.

goldwing
Jun 26, 2012, 11:04 AM
Well yes and no. Yes to the ppl the new fun and weapons galor but no to koffie i swear sega made her hate us with a passion...

MasterChuck
Jun 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
Not really. It lacks the "magical" feeling of PSO that none of the series' followups has been able to recreate. The content has gotten stale fast (for me). Here's hoping updates will release periodically once it's out of beta.

moeri
Jun 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
I have no major complaints

This game be ~amaaaaazing~

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
The only thing I could ask for is more ranger weapon variation..it is quite lacking and no putting 4 weapon PA's on an assault rifle doesn't count XD.

Absolutely no problems with it outside of that....maybe after Normal mode everything should be freely unlocked and explorable rather than the normal mode progression system.

Zorian
Jun 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
Game is good and its only Open Beta. I hope they introduce a ton more missions including free missions with multiparty areas.

I think the multiparty areas and such are one of the best parts. They also need more weapons (tons more) and Armor as well as more techs and PAs eventually.

Keep releasing areas and new weapons and such and people will be happy. Throw in some really hard content and even better.

Just wait until we run back into enemies that throw megid all over.

Scyris
Jun 26, 2012, 01:10 PM
I am kinda on the edge, I'd like it more if it was in partial english and if we didn't have to go thru so many hoops to get to the next area. Also if they'd make the pa's not so shitty, multi hit pa's kinda suck, the damage display on them shows their total damage, so most of the single hit pa's will vastly out preform the multi hit ones. At least for the ranged weapons like Rifles and Launchers anyway.

Zilch
Jun 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah I'm having so much fun with PSO2 it's silly. And as they've said above, it's just open beta without that much content (I still feel there's more variation than in a certain prequel).

Might not have the magic feeling PSO1 did, and it might not have the freedom to roam around as you please (a real "MMO-world" in a Phantasy Star game will keep being a dream I guess), but holy cow is the combat amazing.

Kanore
Jun 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
The biggest gripes I have are, not in any particular order:

1) PSU Mission Design rather than the Roguelike Dungeon Crawler Map Design PSO had.

I can explain this easily. I mean, I could explain PSU's Mission Design back in 2006 too.

Three words:

Toward the Future

Slidikins
Jun 26, 2012, 01:29 PM
I'm loving it.

I've had a good friend for a decade or so and we both love pretty much anything Sonic Team. We've both played Phantasy Star since the beginning and played PSO on the DC, but we never played together. Now we're both in the beta fighting side by side and it's awesome. Even though I only speak minimal Japanese we've been meeting a lot of people from abroad, grouping up, and having fun.

I'm really liking the look of my character. The characters I made in the Character Creator before were trying to emulate my PSO1 team and failed. This time I sat there and made something new and it's working out well. I've given her a personality with the Autochat function, and when I'm with my friends it just orchestrates so well. I might even get back into writing fan fiction to bring more to the character.

So far PSO2's been mostly what I wanted from the title. I don't know how I feel about MAGs just yet, or the lack of multiple elements on a weapon, but the game is fresh and different and I'm liking it so far.

Zorian
Jun 26, 2012, 01:31 PM
I heard Sonic Team didn't make this one which is why its so much better then PSU. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

Flevalt
Jun 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
Yes I just love the game. It's really perfect, they took the old PSO ep.1-4 and just improved everything from back then and still managed to keep all cool elements from back then.

PAZUZU
Jun 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
Enjoying it very much, even working out what the hell is going on is all part of the fun! Plus I'm playing it with a friend I met on the original PSO on the Dreamcast :)

Porkmaster
Jun 26, 2012, 02:20 PM
Nope!

Triple_S
Jun 26, 2012, 10:34 PM
I can explain this easily. I mean, I could explain PSU's Mission Design back in 2006 too.

Three words:

Toward the Future

...Dear lord, you're right.

Finalzone
Jun 26, 2012, 11:09 PM
Yes, PSO2 is definitely a step above the original PSO.
- Skill tree: a big welcome addition. My character being a hunter runs faster, dash attack, counter attack and recover faster when knocked down. Playing job with different skill sets never has been so much fun.
- Grind: infusing elements on rare weapons, grinding is fun as long you have enough meseta.
- I like how the game shows enemy weakness on elements so I can properly prepare my weapons for more damage.
- Environment is a blast: for example, soloing a rockbear surrounded by those monkeys fighting dagans during a thunderstorm brings a new level of excitement. Not only you have to worry about mobs, nature will take care of you as well. That alone beats previous PSO and PSU by a long shot it is not funny.
- Stages are randomly generated breaking the monotony of the game.
- The ability to do multiple quests, the fact drops are unique to very players are a big improvements.

ZcRaider
Jun 27, 2012, 05:22 AM
Omg, this game is everything i thought it would be and more. Already lvl 19 with desert missons unlocked. Now trying to figure out what weapon catalysts look like so i can grind more weapons....>.<

Man... I have lost so much sleep already....and this is only the beta. Love this game. LoL, at least im slowly learning japanese in the process haha. Will look good on my resume!

Masuta Kai
Ship 8

Graven
Jun 27, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'm playing in a really slow pace, but, enjoying nontheless, the interesting thing about this game imo, besides the dynamic gameplay, is that pretty much forces you to play with other people, even if you are not their friends or something. I for one play by myself most of the time, but, when i enter multi party areas, i end up playing with other people, even if i don't actually talk or have any direct interaction with them.

Shirai
Jun 27, 2012, 06:38 AM
I'm loving this game.

Not in any rush to hit the max level so I just love goofing around in the lobbies and having dance parties. Don't really get bored of playing, just feel like
playing more.

To me it feels like, an upgraded PSO rather than PSU. So it's all the better.

Boodendorf
Jun 27, 2012, 07:19 AM
First time entering caves felt so awesome, I almost thought I was playing Metroid Prime (using cast with large shoulderpads), too bad I wasn't shooting but cutting stuff up.
Otherwise, city is just plain amazing. Multiparty areas anywhere are probably the best feature of this game.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 27, 2012, 07:23 AM
I'm loving every minute of it so far. It is really giving me the same kind of fun that the original PSO did. I really don't get why some find reasons to harsh on it.

My only minor complaint is the lack of a charcol black with dark grey trim Humar suit being available at character creation.

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 07:47 AM
I am. My character is Lance. I guess that's who'd you would add rite? : P