PDA

View Full Version : The japanese response to foreigners!

TelleT
Jun 26, 2012, 05:15 AM
Myself as many other accidently put our password as Player ID, I mailed the support and told them about my problem.

I have send 2 mails, one on english and another one with japanese translation. This is what I got as answer.

"Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for your E-mail.

We regret to inform you that our services are intended for Japanese-language speakers.
and that we are unable to provide support for inquiries in non-Japanese languages.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
We thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely.

----------------------------
SEGA CORPORATION  JAPAN
Service offered only in Japan"

I can live with this issue, but it's kind of annoying that your Player ID is shown as Name in the friendslist.
Have already changed the password so that's not the problem. :D

Made this topic so people with the same problem knows they won't help you. ^^;

Hayde
Jun 26, 2012, 05:36 AM
I'm not sure "foreigner" is the right term you're looking for, OP. The response was pretty polite and sounds fairly generic...it's likely what they would send for anyone asking for support in English, regardless of the issue at hand.

What I'm trying to say is--if you were an American (or Swedish in your case) but sent them an e-mail in Japanese, they would be more than happy to help you, regardless of your location. This seems to be more of a language barrier issue, and less of a location issue which is what I generally associate being a foreigner with.

Perhaps if you tried to get someone on this forum that knows Japanese to help you write an email to them, they would help you with this issue.

TelleT
Jun 26, 2012, 05:38 AM
I'm not sure "foreigner" is the right term you're looking for, OP. The response was pretty polite and sounds fairly generic...it's likely what they would send for anyone asking for support in English, regardless of the issue at hand.

What I'm trying to say is--if you were an American (or Swedish in your case) but sent them an e-mail in Japanese, they would be more than happy to help you, regardless of your location. This seems to be more of a language barrier issue, and less of a location issue which is what I generally associate being a foreigner with.

Perhaps if you tried to get someone on this forum that knows Japanese to help you write an email to them, they would help you with this issue.

I was almost thinking that too, the japanese people aren't known to be great with the english language. Maybe they got that reply saved and whenever they get a english mail they just send this. :P

TelleT
Jun 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Second attempt!

Have mailed now with only on japanese, might have removed my second mail before. Since the first one was on english.

This is what I typed anyways.

こんにちは!

私は質問をお願いしたいと思います。

プレイヤーIDとして私はPSO2に私のパスワードを入力しました。

あなたは "TelleT"にプレイヤーIDを変更してもらえますか?

キャラクター名:TelleTswe
船:2

あなたはこれで私を助けることができる場合、私は本当に幸せ取得します。

よろしく

/ / TelleT

Not perfect, but I hope it's enough for them to help me :-P

eharima
Jun 26, 2012, 06:31 AM
you made this topic so people KNOW your sega PID is your password?

smooth.

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 26, 2012, 06:47 AM
In this case now his sega ID is his password

TelleT
Jun 26, 2012, 06:55 AM
Have already changed the password so that's not the problem. :D

you made this topic so people KNOW your sega PID is your password?

smooth.

^^;

I just want them to change the Player ID to "TelleT" which people will then see on the friendslist and when I whisper.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 26, 2012, 07:59 AM
the main issue is that the game is still in Beta and has no official support outside Japan.

Mag-X
Jun 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
From what I understand from the closed beta, the way they "fix" this is the reset your account which deletes your everything.

This is a case where a little katakana knowlege goes a long way. That screen actually said the words "nick name" in english, but written in katakana.

MasterChuck
Jun 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
The beta's not technically for us Westerners so I can see where Sega's coming from.

Crysteon
Jun 26, 2012, 11:22 AM
I dont see the word "baka" nor "gaijin" on that response, so it's pretty much a language barrier issue.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
They probably also have it written somewhere that you can't change your player name once you've set it.... I doubt they will be able to change it for you even if you asked nicely. XD

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 12:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that the solution is to just change your password?

ShiKage
Jun 26, 2012, 12:09 PM
I dont see the word "baka" nor "gaijin" on that response, so it's pretty much a language barrier issue.

If only professional companies could reply to their customers that way and get away with it...

HectorSirdam
Jun 26, 2012, 12:55 PM
If only professional companies could reply to their customers that way and get away with it...

I'd actually laugh and applaud them for calling people out on things that they should. But alas, they'd bleed sales.

Ferria
Jun 26, 2012, 02:19 PM
He's changed the important issues, so should be cool. Happens though but be warned, foreign games you need to know what you're doing so you don't make this mistake again lol <3

DemonMike
Jun 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'll never stop being amused at this issue. Happened during closed beta, happened during pre-open and it's still here in open beta!

All I can really suggest is start again whilst we're still less than a week in (unless you've used your item codes). Or never use that password again.

TelleT
Jun 27, 2012, 04:13 AM
Got respond from the support today.

"平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき
誠にありがとうございます。

誠に恐れ入りますが、このたびいただいた内容からでは
お客様に発生している症状が掴みかねる状況でございます。

お手数をおかけいたしますが、どの場面でどのような操作をし
た際にどのような問題が発生するのか、どのくらいの頻度で発
生するのか、表示されるエラーメッセージなど、できるだけ詳
しい状況をお書き添えの上、あらためて投稿フォームよりご投
稿くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

また、再度ご投稿いただく際は、PC情報を添付していただきま
すようお願いいたします。

今後とも(株)セガおよび『ファンタシースターオンライン2』
をよろしくお願い申し上げます。

株式会社セガ
セガPCユーザーサポートセンター
************************************************** ****"

Used google translate

We patronizing "Phantasy Star Online 2" patronage is
Thank you very much.

We are sorry indeed, who is from the contents of this time
There is a situation that you are experiencing symptoms to serve as your grasp.

We apologize for any Sorry to trouble you, then regardless of what you do in each scene
Or what problems can occur when, how often from
Why raw, such as error messages that are displayed, as much as possible details
Kakisoe on your new situation, investment form submitted again after
We look forward to draft please.

Also, when you re your post, you will be asked to attach a PC information
Please do be.

The future "Phantasy Star Online 2 and" SEGA Corporation
Sincerely, a.

SEGA CORPORATION
Sega PC User Support Center

I don't understand, I entered the dxdiag.txt in the form. So no idea what to do now, just accept it I guess :-P

VonHalford
Jun 27, 2012, 04:20 AM
Haha Google Translate messed that up so bad

TelleT
Jun 27, 2012, 04:32 AM
Haha Google Translate messed that up so bad

Better than nothing :P

Macman
Jun 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
You think that's funny? I had someone who put in their item code in the ID box buy an item from my shop. Wonder if I can use that code...

Crysteon
Jun 27, 2012, 12:01 PM

誠にありがとうございます。

稿くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

すようお願いいたします。

をよろしくお願い申し上げます。

株式会社セガ
セガPCユーザーサポートセンター

Used google translate

I don't understand, I entered the dxdiag.txt in the form. So no idea what to do now, just accept it I guess :-P

Wakaranai, wakaranai!

Google translate makes stuff sound like Yoda!

Mag-X
Jun 27, 2012, 12:10 PM
You think that's funny? I had someone who put in their item code in the ID box buy an item from my shop. Wonder if I can use that code...

ROFL.

I like looking at the parties list just to see all the people who screwed up and put their password in there. I bet most of them still don't even know what they did. Lucky for them it emails you that code if you try to log in on a different computer.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 27, 2012, 12:14 PM

誠にありがとうございます。

稿くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

すようお願いいたします。

をよろしくお願い申し上げます。

株式会社セガ
セガPCユーザーサポートセンター

Used google translate

hahahaha

They said they don't understand what your problem is.

They want to know where in the game you're having your problem, what kind of operations you did to make the problem occur, how often it happens and what kind of error messages pop-up.

It's a generic message they send to people when they don't provide enough info on what their problem is.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 03:45 AM
TelleT> you need to re-make your SEGA ID, that solves the problem, accedental mistkaes on ID will not be supported since it requires "them" chanign data on their " database" which is done by a different division.

you wrote the japanese support incorrectly,

ill quote what is missing

you wrote,

i put my segaID password on my username " how did it happen? your mistake?"

you can change my player id ? " change to what? "

and the last sentance says you help me and i will trade my happiness which is totally confusing.

you need to state

who what where when why how. for them to be able to "determine" if its "their" problem or " your " mistake. and if its "your" mistke it will probably not go through becasue it "specifically says when you create the character on the terms of use listing" reason why its only supported for japanese readers.

誠にありがとうございます。

稿くださいますようお願い申し上げます。

すようお願いいたします。

をよろしくお願い申し上げます。

株式会社セガ
セガPCユーザーサポートセンター

Used google translate

Arika
Jun 28, 2012, 04:48 AM
At least you should be happy that they are't banned you from beta test that is actually .jp only. So no matter they help you or not. You shouldn't complain.

However in this case they seem nicer than SoA at least.
In PSU US in the past when I had issued and asked them to fix it, they just check my region and said that they only support NA and EU.

Mike
Jun 28, 2012, 04:52 AM
jp only.
It's not.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 05:08 AM
It's not.
Which reminds me. Since it never says that the game is for Japanese-speaking only, is it mentioned anywhere (other than the letter that you get when trying to seek help) that the customer support service is?

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 05:13 AM
they probably wont help u anyway, even if u type in japanese or are japanese yourself, the fact remains that you dont LIVE inside japan so they dont offer support to you, they can see from where u login so they probably will never help u with anything.

LuneFox
Jun 28, 2012, 05:33 AM
OMG, saying あなた when asking for help from official sega support is even more rude than saying it to a random passer. I wouldn't answer to this mail if I was working in sega (:
In english, it'll be something like "Hey you, can ya solve my problem?" Next time it's better to avoid using personal pronouns unless you want to be rude, or find a person who can write a polite mail in official style.
P.S. Ship is called "ship" (シップ), not the boat (船, fune).

By the way, I know many people with random numbers in their username (like 656565, 3333334 and so on), I guess they all typed their password there xD

Arika
Jun 28, 2012, 05:49 AM
Which reminds me. Since it never says that the game is for Japanese-speaking only, is it mentioned anywhere (other than the letter that you get when trying to seek help) that the customer support service is?

Now that you mention it. Apart from everything is in JP language. Disclaimer doesn't require your living in JP to play..

Hmm... interesting.

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 06:04 AM
look at the bottom of the received mail in the first post,

SEGA CORPORATION  JAPAN
Service offered only in Japan

edit: nvm i missread

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 28, 2012, 06:06 AM
OMG, saying あなた when asking for help from official sega support is even more rude than saying it to a random passer. I wouldn't answer to this mail if I was working in sega (:
In english, it'll be something like "Hey you, can ya solve my problem?" Next time it's better to avoid using personal pronouns unless you want to be rude, or find a person who can write a polite mail in official style.
P.S. Ship is called "ship" (シップ), not the boat (船, fune).

THIS.

XD

Arika
Jun 28, 2012, 06:15 AM
look at the bottom of the received mail in the first post,

yes, but service offer in JP, doesn't mean people in outside Jp can't play. I think it just mean that they won't do you any extra support if something wrong with your account. which was same treatment I got when I was on PSU-US. GM there are nice people tho. (but they can't help in support team related still.)

Indignation Judgment
Jun 28, 2012, 08:52 AM
Sega is obviously open to the possibllity of an official translation to other languages. Since the game is in development, it's understandable they will stick to the 'original' language by now.

If Sega had no interest in possible client translation, there wouldn't be an option to change language (which by now only offers Japanese as option).

This and Minna no Nihongo.

Geistritter
Jun 28, 2012, 09:00 AM
We're lucky they're not blocking our IPs altogether; they're really not required to accommodate us at all, particularly since most of us don't even actually participate in one of the primary functions of a beta test: providing feedback on the game. All we're doing is stress-testing the servers, and probably more than they appreciate.

It was polite of them to respond to you, at least.

Regardless, it'd really help you out in this game to print out a katakana table and keep it with you. The vast majority of the terminology in this game is actually in English; you just have to learn how to read the way the Japanese pronounce it, and there's not that much kanji used.

Knowing what the characters say is another matter altogether, but eh.

Mike
Jun 28, 2012, 09:01 AM
is it mentioned anywhere (other than the letter that you get when trying to seek help) that the customer support service is?
Yes. It's in the ToS (http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/), article 21:

1.本サービス等に関して、弊社がお客様に対し行う通知・連絡及びサポート提供は、日本語によってのみ行わ れるものとします。

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
Yes. It's in the ToS, article 21:
And I though I read them carefully. >.<

Aumi
Jun 28, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm happy that they at least don't seem to mind us westerners playing the game.

Arika
Jun 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hey aumi, long time no see. If u sure the same aumi i known in .jp psu

Kion
Jun 28, 2012, 10:05 AM
copy&paste. I think this should get across:

初めてゲームを開始してログインして際にプレイヤー名を作る画面をパスワード確認欄と間違ってしまいました 。それでプレイヤー名がパスワードになってるため、アカウントが簡単にハッキングされる可能性があるんでは ないかをちょっと疑問に思って、プレイヤー名を変更することは可能ではないかを尋ねようと思い ました。

translation: when starting up pso2 for the first time, i mistook the player name create screen for a password confirmation and entered my password. As my username is also my password i think there is a possibility of my account being hacked and was wondering if it's possible to change my player name.

Akaimizu
Jun 28, 2012, 10:06 AM
Well, us westerners play lots of SEGA games that are unlocalized. I think that's been a mainstay for years. Phantasy Star or not. I know I'm not the only one who's played their fair share of Sakura Taisen, or have Shining Force 3 (episodes 1, 2 and 3).

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah the people fearing IP Blocks are those that never really played Sega JP Online titles. Sega is very friendly when it comes to the entire gaming population, not just Japan. They understand we like the game and as such wanna play it. In fact I'm sure there are some Sega Exec's that feel flattered that foreigners wanna specifically learn Japanese and play PSO2 despite language barriers. That's pretty cool if you ask me! Sega is just politely telling you we only offer support for Japanese language base at this time. Meaning if you can properly communicate with them in Japanese, I'm sure they will be more then happy to offer some assistance. Yeah they can see your not on a Japanese IP but for all they know you are a Japanese resident outside of Japan at the time of the test but still wish to play.

If they were gonna lock out people outside of Japan, it would have been done months, possibly over a year ago lol

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 01:56 PM
they were about to IPblock non-japan players on server 1-4 when they had the server max limit overload becasue somewhere around north was spamming multiple accoutn for RMT trade but they added in the auto logout so that option was gone.

just seeing that you can tell they are supporting global palyers in a way.

i can say over 90% of online MMO in japan ip block becasue of similar issues.

Yeah the people fearing IP Blocks are those that never really played Sega JP Online titles. Sega is very friendly when it comes to the entire gaming population, not just Japan. They understand we like the game and as such wanna play it. In fact I'm sure there are some Sega Exec's that feel flattered that foreigners wanna specifically learn Japanese and play PSO2 despite language barriers. That's pretty cool if you ask me! Sega is just politely telling you we only offer support for Japanese language base at this time. Meaning if you can properly communicate with them in Japanese, I'm sure they will be more then happy to offer some assistance. Yeah they can see your not on a Japanese IP but for all they know you are a Japanese resident outside of Japan at the time of the test but still wish to play.

If they were gonna lock out people outside of Japan, it would have been done months, possibly over a year ago lol

this wouldnt work as well

you need to write " what you want them to do"

the last sentance says. " i am thinking i can change the player name"

which is a opinion not a question

best resolution = re-make a account.

copy&paste. I think this should get across:

初めてゲームを開始してログインして際にプレイヤー名を作る画面をパスワード確認欄と間違ってしまいました 。それでプレイヤー名がパスワードになってるため、アカウントが簡単にハッキングされる可能性があるんでは ないかをちょっと疑問に思って、プレイヤー名を変更することは可能ではないかを尋ねようと思い ました。

translation: when starting up pso2 for the first time, i mistook the player name create screen for a password confirmation and entered my password. As my username is also my password i think there is a possibility of my account being hacked and was wondering if it's possible to change my player name.

false,

they support me well, i connect from USA eastern.

also the support reperasenatives does not have access to your IP information
"unless they look it up" but they are not in the division to do that.

they probably wont help u anyway, even if u type in japanese or are japanese yourself, the fact remains that you dont LIVE inside japan so they dont offer support to you, they can see from where u login so they probably will never help u with anything.

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 02:09 PM

Yea that's what I love. I can play a game that I'm obsessed with and study my Japanese at the same time. It's really helping me because I've been looking for a game in japanese that I'd enjoy...besides pokemon.

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 02:14 PM
they were about to IPblock non-japan players on server 1-4 when they had the server max limit overload becasue somewhere around north was spamming multiple accoutn for RMT trade but they added in the auto logout so that option was gone.

just seeing that you can tell they are supporting global palyers in a way.

i can say over 90% of online MMO in japan ip block becasue of similar issues.

Hmmm I would very much like to see proof of this, otherwise I really don't buy it. We barely make up the game. The most connections they will get out of Japan are during there off hours, we don't really add to the congestion because when PSO2 is in peak hours it's like midnight here in the US... So proof or I don't believe they even considered this route....

Also I clearly said Sega does not IP Block and as such those that feel they would do not know Sega's Online respectfulness towards the international community. Language is pretty much the only barrier between Sega JP and the world, not IP's or locations. In fact this is why I love Sega, they don't discriminate.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
its on the 2ch which is like a freedom of speech BBS for japanese users, just like wiki leak theres developers leaking information there sometimes.

BBS board is over 8k post now so i cant track it any more have to go through each one.

yes that is why they added in the auto logout instead of IP blocking they set priority on support global players more then just local. the IP block was one suggestion listed by a insider in the company.

Hmmm I would very much like to see proof of this, otherwise I really don't buy it. We barely make up the game. The most connections they will get out of Japan are during there off hours, we don't really add to the congestion because when PSO2 is in peak hours it's like midnight here in the US... So proof or I don't believe they even considered this route....

Also I clearly said Sega does not IP Block and as such those that feel they would do not know Sega's Online respectfulness towards the international community. Language is pretty much the only barrier between Sega JP and the world, not IP's or locations. In fact this is why I love Sega, they don't discriminate.

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 04:54 PM
its on the 2ch which is like a freedom of speech BBS for japanese users, just like wiki leak theres developers leaking information there sometimes.

BBS board is over 8k post now so i cant track it any more have to go through each one.

yes that is why they added in the auto logout instead of IP blocking they set priority on support global players more then just local. the IP block was one suggestion listed by a insider in the company.

That make's a little more sense, I thought you meant as a whole Sega was considering this which just wouldn't happen because they have NEVER IP Blocked. There track record speaks for itself though I could understand a zealous few from within the company taking our presence badly.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
misread the fourm is at 1k+ post now

its quite intersting to look into theres many leaks alredy on SEGA's plan for PSO2

That make's a little more sense, I thought you meant as a whole Sega was considering this which just wouldn't happen because they have NEVER IP Blocked. There track record speaks for itself though I could understand a zealous few from within the company taking our presence badly.

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
misread the fourm is at 1k+ post now

its quite intersting to look into theres many leaks alredy on SEGA's plan for PSO2

Could you PM me a link perhaps? I have nothing better to do and would like go through this info myself.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 08:23 PM
need to DL the 2ch software to view bbs. better

Could you PM me a link perhaps? I have nothing better to do and would like go through this info myself.

Phantasma
Jun 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
I'm actually appalled that OP would expect this extensive level of service for a game that needs an English patch to change the display. Wow.

Hayde
Jun 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'm actually appalled that OP would expect this extensive level of service for a game that needs an English patch to change the display. Wow.

What do you mean change display? resolution? IME? I'm not running any English patches...I'm a bit confused. There's something I'm missing here I guess...

Phantasma
Jun 28, 2012, 08:57 PM
What do you mean change display? resolution? IME? I'm not running any English patches...I'm a bit confused. There's something I'm missing here I guess...

The text displayed in the game for quests, npc chat, everything. It's in Japanese. Needs an English patch made by a third party to change the text to English so obviously the support for English by Sega is not there, but OP believes he should get special customer service instead of the cookie-cutter apology and refusal he got.

EDIT: I guess I should have said language as display is very vague.