PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Maintenance 11 am on 28th to 2 pm on 29th

Pages : [1] 2

Mike
Jun 26, 2012, 07:32 AM
Long maintenance coming up soon. It's scheduled for from 11 am on the 28th to 2 pm on the 29th in Japan. Change that to your time to see when it's going to happen.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=114

Pyrii
Jun 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah I just did a post on Raptr (http://raptr.com/game/PC/Phantasy_Star_Online_2) about this:

In a statement from the Producer Sakai, they will be performing extended maintenance in order to upgrade the network and hopefully solve the network problems that have plagued the Open β so far.

JST: 11:00 28/6 - 14:00 29/6
UTC: 02:00 28/6 - 05:00 29/6
UK: 03:00 28/6 - 06:00 29/6
EDT: 22:00 27/6 - 01:00 29/6
PDT: 19:00 27/6 - 22:00 28/6

Remember this is a guideline and maintenance may overrun.

Jkid
Jun 26, 2012, 07:43 AM
Longest maintenance ever. I hope they're adding something new.

Pyrii
Jun 26, 2012, 07:45 AM
Longest maintenance ever. I hope they're adding something new.

Yeah, less laggy servers :3

Hayame
Jun 26, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hope they will fix GG on win8 with this update :P I had to reinstall win7 cuz some strange things started to happen with it and only installer I had was win8 xD

If they dont fix it I will have to reinstall it again lolz :D

Pyrii
Jun 26, 2012, 07:56 AM
Hope they will fix GG on win8 with this update :P I had to reinstall win7 cuz some strange things started to happen with it and only installer I had was win8 xD

If they dont fix it I will have to reinstall it again lolz :D

Win8 isn't supported by GameGuard/PSO2. Int he past GameGuard waiting till an OS was released before adding support. So yeah, use a non-beta OS if you're having trouble.

buri-chan
Jun 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
Good thing I spent the last 20 hours playing, or else I might not be sick of it for a few days.

CelestialBlade
Jun 26, 2012, 08:02 AM
Good deal, hope this fixes the lag spikes.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 26, 2012, 10:29 AM
Yeah I just did a post on Raptr (http://raptr.com/game/PC/Phantasy_Star_Online_2) about this:

In a statement from Sakai, they will be performing extended maintenance in order to upgrade the network and hopefully solve the network problems that have plagued the Open β so far.

Maintenance will be between 11am JST On June 28th, and 2pm JST on June 29th
UTC: 2am 28/6 till 5am 29/6
BST(GMT+1): 3am 28/6 till 6am 29/6
US Eastern: 9pm 27/6 till Midnight 28/6
US Pacific: 6pm 27/6 till 9pm 28/6

Remember this is a guideline and maintenance may overrun.

I dunno if my math is wrong, but at least the EST time seems so wrong. According to what you have there the maint would be only about 3 hours long. I think it should be 10PM 27/6 to 1AM 29/6. A full 27 hours. Just a correction.

Resanoca
Jun 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
I dunno if my math is wrong, but at least the EST time seems so wrong. According to what you have there the maint would be only about 3 hours long. I think it should be 10PM 27/6 to 1AM 29/6. A full 27 hours. Just a correction.They're right for the most part. But uh, that wouldn't be Eastern time, that'd be Central. If it was Eastern, it'd be from 10PM on the 27th ~ 1AM on the 29th.

Eastern is only 13 hours behind. Central is 14 hours.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah, less laggy servers :3

depending on where you live, that will never happen, the lag for most people (what little there is) is from player location relative to server location.

Zyrusticae
Jun 26, 2012, 11:24 AM
depending on where you live, that will never happen, the lag for most people (what little there is) is from player location relative to server location.
Except I have been getting almost no lag at all - when the server is responsive, and I live in the middle of freakin' Texas.

I can tell the difference between location lag and server lag, thank you very much.

Scyris
Jun 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
Read this for some more info I guess. Seems the pickup lag from items is caused when the server writes to the database.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-the-open-beta-test-status-report-special-maintenance/

thablinksta
Jun 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
So what i'm hearing is thursday evening is a good time to take my girlfriend out to dinner?

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 26, 2012, 12:06 PM
Wow, 27-hour maintenance.... hope they can fix everything they need to fix!! Looking forward to the lag-free gameplay :D

Rauten
Jun 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
Holy mother of... well, I guess I can use the downtime to avoid losing the hang of horribly losing in DotA2.

The Walrus
Jun 26, 2012, 12:28 PM
Wow. 27 hours. Oh well guess I'll catch up on some anime I have during the downtime since all I've done since Thursday is play this in my free time :/

pikachief
Jun 26, 2012, 12:41 PM
Oh cool! Hopefully this fixes things. This is a pretty intense maintenance lol

Good timing too! Gonna be at Disneyland all day with my woman before she heads off to Germany ;D

Kanore
Jun 26, 2012, 01:20 PM
Good thing I spent the last 20 hours playing, or else I might not be sick of it for a few days.

I feel like I'm in the same boat.

VonHalford
Jun 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
"We’ve been flourishing in numbers since the Open Beta started; through the many people who registered for a SEGA ID, and through breaking previously held simultaneous connection records. However, as the number of players increased, numerous problems seemed to occur.

Typically during peak times, players have noted delays in picking up items, or even damage numbers showing up late. The cause of this problem is a bit different from previous tests, it seems the delays stem from the writing of data to the database. With this many people connecting, accessing the database becomes extremely excessive, and an online game must be equipped to handle a large increase in players.

Therefore, Sakai plans to make some adjustments to the database server to help reduce lag while playing the game. An extended maintenance will be carried out from June 28th, until June 29th for about 27 hours!

THU June 28th @ 11:00 AM ~ FRI June 29th @ 02:00 PM JST
WED June 27th @ 10:00 PM ~ FRI June 29th @ 01:00 AM EST"

-http://bumped.org/psublog/2012/

CultOfPersonality
Jun 26, 2012, 11:11 PM
I think it's a secret implement of English translation.

Mikura
Jun 26, 2012, 11:12 PM
Better get all my play time in between now and then because that's a looooong maintenance period.

VonHalford
Jun 26, 2012, 11:24 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
I think it's a secret implement of English translation.

CultOfPersonality
Jun 26, 2012, 11:26 PM
^5.

Probably getting hopes up but.. I honestly cannot remember any maintenance for any game I have ever played that lasted 27 hours.. ever.

If anyone knows of one, please throw it out there. (even in Betas)

njdss4
Jun 26, 2012, 11:32 PM
Better get all my play time in between now and then because that's a looooong maintenance period.

My thoughts exactly. I was gonna play pretty casually over the next day or so, but now I might try to fit in an extended sit-down.

drakogarnus
Jun 27, 2012, 12:57 AM
i honestly have never seen or heard of a game undergoing 27 hour long "Special Maintenance"
as said on bumped.org then again it could just be server repairs or editing

moorebounce
Jun 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
I hope they figured it out because 27 hours is a long time. I would hate more than anything is to try and get back on after the maintenance and nothing really changed.

I do hope this doesn't ruin the plans for a global server.

SuperChoco
Jun 27, 2012, 02:55 AM
Well, I guess I'll pass the time playing TF2 since it's getting a major update soon.

Darki
Jun 27, 2012, 02:59 AM
Wow so long update @_@

I guess I'll use it to reinstall my OS and clean the computer so it doesn't get too bitchy with the game settings.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 27, 2012, 03:06 AM
27 hours....people acctually need to spend time in "real life" ....what are you trying to make us do Sega? D;

But seriously, 27 hours is long, they better extend that open beta with at least the same time, i want to play more....I just got into Desert last night finnaly =/

Kanore
Jun 27, 2012, 03:26 AM
remember all those times you were playing a localization of a random korean/chinese MMO's 'open beta'

well this is a real open beta for a game that has never been released

so they're doing an extended maintenance as part of an actual technical open beta

VonHalford
Jun 27, 2012, 04:25 AM
Remember SEGA made Sonic The Hedgehog?

Adelheid
Jun 27, 2012, 04:49 AM
I thought it was for a week...

supersonix9
Jun 27, 2012, 05:11 AM
Actually, I haven't seen much lag spike-ing for a good while. Hopefully it's some sort of content update (probably not).

And oh please, 27 hours. Y'all can manage without the game for a day. I've been playing non-stop with addiction and I can hold for that long.

drakogarnus
Jun 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
i just remembered something werent people saying the official release was supposed to be out on the 26th? or was that another month from now?
if so what if they did a secret full release? and are just a day behind

Vintasticvin
Jun 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
I hope this wont add more to my patcher! The launcher I got was promised it would play after exstracting and im still having to patch. .. Maybe i should click on the pso2 icon instead of pso2 launcher?

pikachief
Jun 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
I hope that something somehow fixed the fact that the sparkles from getting PSE crashes my game. Never did it in closed beta or alphas :/

NexusRay
Jun 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm not trying to complain or anything. Really. But my friend finally got it downloaded after four days of waiting and was making her character right as the servers went down. She's really excited to play because she's never played a Phantasy Star game before and we're both really curious if anyone knows when they'll be back up? If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

Nu Lo Yin
Jun 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
I love this game. I loved PSO1 and this game is bringing back so many fond memories. I am at work and am counting the minutes till I get to go home and play, but I read there is a 27 hour down time? I am going to go through withdrawls... Cant wait till the end of it.

Xaeris
Jun 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
1 AM EST, Friday morning. Sit tight.

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 09:27 PM
has the info, use google translate lol

Macman
This maintenance was perfectly timed so that I can try out the new Team Fortress 2 update that was released today.

Zero_Virus_X
27 hours and use the character creation demo to make the char

sugarFO
Yeah. Tomorrow I will be feeling the withdrawals for sure, haha.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 27, 2012, 09:28 PM
i get off for a few hours to eat and take of stuff, and i just got back to find the servers are offline.... i am saddened now....+^_^+

ashley50
Jun 27, 2012, 09:29 PM
inb4dozensofsimilarthreads

Wait, its already starting to multiply.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 27, 2012, 09:31 PM
because i don't think the official PSO2.jp site has the CC demo anymore (i was looking for it last week) i think you can use this mirror to DL it+^_^+ http://file.4gamer.net/demo/PSO2_Chara_Create_Trial_V1_00.zip

Pro tip; the old English patch works on the CC demo (use google)+^_^+

NexusRay
Jun 27, 2012, 09:32 PM
The problem is it might take her that long to actually download the creator, but that's still a good idea, so I'll let her know.

BogusKun
Jun 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
I played so much of this game, but I still hear the telepipe travels sounding in my head every moment. It's not the withdrawls though. At least I can focus on working on part 6 of my travels in Japan.

PAZUZU
Jun 27, 2012, 09:38 PM
has the info, use google translate lol

"We apologize to everyone is that the very apologize for any inconvenience." :D

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 09:39 PM
inb4dozensofsimilarthreads

Wait, its already starting to multiply.

Ah, the joys of the internet. Where the least bit of effort to read or scrolling down is commonplace and generally accepted.

Gotta love it, yeah?

AxE720
Jun 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
Damn I was really starting to enjoy the game too =(

NexusRay
Jun 27, 2012, 09:40 PM
Okay, new question. Does anyone know where my Print Screen pics go when I take them in PSO2? XD

NEVERMIND! I found them. XD

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 09:41 PM
The maintenance was perfectly timed so I can play through Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC. Yahtzee.

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 09:42 PM
Okay, new question. Does anyone know where my Print Screen pics go when I take them in PSO2? XD

in your documents under "SEGA>PhantasyStarOnline2>pictures"

Edit: posted as you found them, phantastic >.<

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 09:42 PM

In windows 7 they're in username/My Documents/Sega/PHANTASYTSTARONLINE2/Pictures

pepsicon
Jun 27, 2012, 09:43 PM
the developer stepped out to apologize and explain that the previous maintenance fixes were ineffective against the current lagspikes, so they're going to us a full day and a bit more to look into the problem. hopefully this time around the lag problem will be completely solved. Be patient :)

Grim55
Jun 27, 2012, 09:44 PM
I played so much of this game, but I still hear the telepipe travels sounding in my head every moment. It's not the withdrawls though. At least I can focus on working on part 6 of my travels in Japan.

Last night while laying i was laying in bed i heard the forest music playing through my head almost as clear as if i was playing the game. I'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem lol.

NexusRay
Jun 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
in your documents under "SEGA>PhantasyStarOnline2>pictures"

Edit: posted as you found them, phantastic >.<

In windows 7 they're in username/My Documents/Sega/PHANTASYTSTARONLINE2/Pictures

I still really appreciate the try. ^^

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:14 PM
I come downstairs in the morning and swear I hear PSO sounds coming from my brother's computer just to find him there sleeping. Curse you addictions.

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 10:15 PM
I come downstairs in the morning and swear I hear PSO sounds coming from my brother's computer just to find him there sleeping. Curse you addictions.

This made me giggle. Does your brother actually play the PSO series?

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 10:17 PM
I kept hearing PSO rifle sound effects when I was looking at images of the M-8......

I'm a gun nut, shut up! D:<

Engeline
Jun 27, 2012, 10:27 PM
PSO2...So..Addicting...Have no idea what to do now...

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
PSO2...So..Addicting...Have no idea what to do now...

Talk about PSO2 with me. : P

Or read about PSO2.

Or sleep.

sugarFO
Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
Talk about PSO2 with me. : P

Or read about PSO2.

Or sleep.

I wanna talk about PSO2 too!!

Scrub
Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
This fucking sucks. I'm moving tomorrow night LITERALLY exactly when the servers get back up and I have no idea when I'm going to have my computer hooked back up again. I was hoping to get some more grinding in before then.

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 10:35 PM
I wanna talk about PSO2 too!!

Add me on Aim/Skype.

Then we can talk. And then, when the maintanence is over, we will quest it up. : P

cheapgunner
Jun 27, 2012, 10:36 PM
I just got a red ? one run before the servers fell. The leader had bad loading screens and we couldn't even make it to the boss fight lol. Hopefully tomorrow night, my red wep is actually decent and not another stupid gunslash.

njdss4
Jun 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
I'm hoping the downtime will be worth it. The best surprise would be to find out the English patch is ready right when the servers come back up.

Coatl
Jun 27, 2012, 11:00 PM
PSO2 is too addicting.

I can't get the theme song out of my head.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
I'm hoping the downtime will be worth it. The best surprise would be to find out the English patch is ready right when the servers come back up.

Better yet, Sega surprises everyone and adds English to the language selector.

....yeah, not holding my breath. D:

Kion
Jun 27, 2012, 11:05 PM
Sakai mentions this in his latest post. It seems that 2x more people have joined the open beta as opposed to the pre-open beta, so there were a lot of problems that they were not able to sort out. Pretty much for each person you add to the server, that's a lot more accesses that are required to the database, hit damage, item drops, health, ect. Basically the amount of people far exceeded what they're server would handle and the waiting times for picking up items was pretty much the server getting over crammed with requests and taking time to go through all of the treads. The lag times have definitely improved in previous maintenance. I think they're doing more to resolve this problem.

source:
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=113

NexusRay
Jun 27, 2012, 11:16 PM

And the worst disappointment would be to find out that they re-did the encryption just so any work on a patch would be all for not. But I'm just naturally a pessimist. XD

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
Sakai mentions this in his latest post. It seems that 2x more people have joined the open beta as opposed to the pre-open beta, so there were a lot of problems that they were not able to sort out. Pretty much for each person you add to the server, that's a lot more accesses that are required to the database, hit damage, item drops, health, ect. Basically the amount of people far exceeded what they're server would handle and the waiting times for picking up items was pretty much the server getting over crammed with requests and taking time to go through all of the treads. The lag times have definitely improved in previous maintenance. I think they're doing more to resolve this problem.

source:

wow, double the traffic eh? even though the servers are taking a hit, if I were SEGA, I would be pretty damn pleased.

oifjustus
Jun 27, 2012, 11:42 PM
What are the times in CST? Everyone forgets about us :(.

GrandTickler
Jun 27, 2012, 11:43 PM
And the worst disappointment would be to find out that they re-did the encryption just so any work on a patch would be all for not. But I'm just naturally a pessimist. XD

nah, the worst disapointment would be an IP ban/block for europe US because we put such a huge strain on their servers. why would they pay more money for their servers if they cant make money of us? i know some of u guys are gonna pay maybe but most of the people here are just to enjoy the free ride.

SZiadaN
Jun 27, 2012, 11:53 PM

20:00 27/6 - 01:00 29/6

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 27, 2012, 11:55 PM

source:

This clears up a lot of confusion for me. I could feel it lagging every now and then when picking up items, but it also lagged for me in the lobby (or during the loading screen). I think that may be more of a processor issue though, honestly. Either way, I am more than happy to sit back for 27 hours or so to have a more fluid experience when playing this fantastic game.

I live in CST, but it's more common for people to label stuff in "EST" for people residing in the States, heh. Anyway, since the maintenance started at 9:00 P.M. CST and is scheduled to last for 27 hours, that would mean it should be back up at 12:00 A.M. CST Friday.

KanekoSaya
Jun 27, 2012, 11:56 PM
Well I hope the ALL DAY MAINTENANCE is worth it. T_T

Windadept
Jun 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
The Japanese really put NA and European MMO production and localization companies to shame.
Even though this time it's a long maintenance, they've been working at the servers daily, with speed and efficiency. You can really notice improvement with each maintenance.

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 12:07 AM
The Japanese really put NA and European MMO production and localization companies to shame.
Even though this time it's a long maintenance, they've been working at the servers daily, with speed and efficiency. You can really notice improvement with each maintenance.

Yes I really agree. I've been thinking that <3

GoldenFalcon
Jun 28, 2012, 12:08 AM

I'll just say that Arenanet is cool

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jun 28, 2012, 01:14 AM
just noticed that the 28th was today. hope this maintenance finally fixes the lag spikes that I've seen. good reason to go play Hat Fortress 2 for the Pyro update. [SPOILER-BOX]new sniper rifle doesn't decapitate enemies like promised. :mad:[/SPOILER-BOX]

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2012, 01:24 AM
Before the /vg/ thread went down due to the maintenance on 4chan, I noticed they were mentioning an IP block of non-JP IPs was a real possibility in helping to alleviate the server lag and whatnot.

Even odder is that ship 2 was also thinking this. And... then we started dancing and nobody cared anymore.

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 01:25 AM

yeah, beats diablo 3's shitty maintenance that adds more problems every day lol

JeyKama
Jun 28, 2012, 01:36 AM
If Sega does put an IP block up, it would be a huge disappointment to gaming in general. In a F2P game, if a foreigner is willing to GIVE YOU MONEY to play your game even after checkboxing the TOS with the understanding that they will not (for the known future) add servers or localize outside of Japan, you should take it!

Sega should be proud the game has international fandom.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 01:44 AM
Before the /vg/ thread went down due to the maintenance on 4chan, I noticed they were mentioning an IP block of non-JP IPs was a real possibility in helping to alleviate the server lag and whatnot.

Even odder is that ship 2 was also thinking this. And... then we started dancing and nobody cared anymore.

So far 4chan is unreliable... for anything other than wallpapers.

Or if the source comes from the JP community, than it's probably the usual story of certain JP players hating on our existence and begging SEGA to give us the boot assuming we're causing them lag. (ignoring the 24-7 AFK dancers... which JP players do that as well anyway. e_e)

But if something like this did happened and me or someone I know got banned... I'm not sure how bad a taste that'd leave in my mouth(nohomo) in terms of me wanting to support the game in ANY language...

If they do care at ALL for the english playerbase which it seems a lot of it that does care in return is playing the JP version. It'd be wise not to fuck them over like that, especially PS players you guys can be masochists in terms of putting up with stuff, but you hold grudges FOREVER. There's still people ignoring this game just because of what happened with PSU.

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 02:42 AM
Well, I sure hope they don't put in an I.P. block. I got a new PC recently (and that's exactly why I'm able to enjoy PSO2 right now :3), but one of the F2P games I was wanting to check out, "Wizardry Online" does have an I.P. block and it's pretty annoying. I really don't know why they would want to do something like that, especially for a F2P title.

The worst part is, I've heard that when we localize the title here in the States, they are keeping this feature. Okay, I can sort of understand with Japanese players since they're all speaking Japanese, but come on... why would we shut out Europe from enjoying the game? They speak English too. Anyway... I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that this, "I.P. block" nonsense consists of the smallest grain of salt.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 28, 2012, 02:48 AM
The worst part is, I've heard that when we localize the title here in the States, they are keeping this feature. Okay, I can sort of understand with Japanese players since they're all speaking Japanese, but come on... why would we shut out Europe from enjoying the game? They speak English too.

If that is true at all then SoA has now litterly lost the little respect I had left for them. There is not even one single valid argument for blocking out entire nations from playing your game. Specially if they are willing to pay just as much or even more then Japanese.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 02:48 AM
Well, I sure hope they don't put in an I.P. block. I got a new PC recently (and that's exactly why I'm able to enjoy PSO2 right now :3), but one of the F2P games I was wanting to check out, "Wizardry Online" does have an I.P. block and it's pretty annoying. I really don't know why they would want to do something like that, especially for a F2P title.

The worst part is, I've heard that when we localize the title here in the States, they are keeping this feature. Okay, I can sort of understand with Japanese players since they're all speaking Japanese, but come on... why would we shut out Europe from enjoying the game? They speak English too. Anyway... I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope that this, "I.P. block" nonsense consists of the smallest grain of salt.

Well the more players and connections you have, the more hardware and resources you require for hosting a game. Enabling an IP block can help companies with smaller budgets grow, or even help larger companies manage their game since there are less players. And there are always proxies.

Even if some of those other IPs are paying customers, it all depends on your business model, and how much you can afford when starting up.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2012, 02:50 AM
So far 4chan is unreliable... for anything other than wallpapers.

Or if the source comes from the JP community, than it's probably the usual story of certain JP players hating on our existence and begging SEGA to give us the boot assuming we're causing them lag. (ignoring the 24-7 AFK dancers... which JP players do that as well anyway. e_e)

But if something like this did happened and me or someone I know got banned... I'm not sure how bad a taste that'd leave in my mouth(nohomo) in terms of me wanting to support the game in ANY language...

If they do care at ALL for the english playerbase which it seems a lot of it that does care in return is playing the JP version. It'd be wise not to fuck them over like that, especially PS players you guys can be masochists in terms of putting up with stuff, but you hold grudges FOREVER. There's still people ignoring this game just because of what happened with PSU.

Well before it became a danceathon we sorta stopped at the idea of sega making an IP block on new account registration, but not logging in for current members, if/when the North American edition is announced. While possible, it's not exactly probable. The Japanese love us. Well, at least we share common interests! When 20 was locked, I was tossed to block 40... and lo and behold, there was 20-some odd Japanese players dancing AFK by the quest NPCs.

Great minds do think alike.

Gonna laugh if they make an auto-kick for being idle more than 30 minutes and it's going to be ninja'd in during this maintenance without it being in notes

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 03:00 AM
Well before it became a danceathon we sorta stopped at the idea of sega making an IP block on new account registration, but not logging in for current members, if/when the North American edition is announced. While possible, it's not exactly probable. The Japanese love us. Well, at least we share common interests! When 20 was locked, I was tossed to block 40... and lo and behold, there was 20-some odd Japanese players dancing AFK by the quest NPCs.

Great minds do think alike.

Gonna laugh if they make an auto-kick for being idle more than 30 minutes and it's going to be ninja'd in during this maintenance without it being in notes

Yeah, don't worry I don't have that prejudice "dirty gaijins want us all dead so the feeling is mutual even though I've never spoken to a Japanese person in my entire life and I just heard a couple rumours!" mentality...

But I'm sure, just like there's a few stupid people here that think like that, it's the same on their side. Who are probably the ones that like to big mouth all of that "BAN THE FOREIGNERS" drama. Is all I'm saying. Just to clarify.

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 AM
If that is true at all then SoA has now litterly lost the little respect I had left for them. There is not even one single valid argument for blocking out entire nations from playing your game. Specially if they are willing to pay just as much or even more then Japanese.

No no, I was still talking about Wizardry Online when I mentioned that. Sorry if I made you think I was talking about PSO2. That would be pretty terrible if they did it for PSO2.

I wouldn't mind them implementing some kind of "idle kick" feature though. I can't tell you how long it took me to get into Gaijin Central (block 20 of course) only to find I don't even know how many people dancing in the lobby. Look, if you're sitting around or whatever, chatting while waiting for your friend to get back from a short break (bathroom, getting food, etc.), that's fine, but if you're wasting my valuable time because of your idle dancing, I'm going to have problems with you.

I swear. It's just annoying. I remember getting on a couple of nights ago and I saw these guys dancing near the quest counter. Well, 3-4 hours later or so, they hadn't moved at all.

If you're done playing for the day, please just sign out and let somebody else who actually wants to play get on rather than waste space with your ALT/CTRL+D shenanigans. Thanks.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 03:13 AM
Idle time kicker sounds like an interesting aspect. Ive seen it in other mmos, but right now PSO2s problem is so many requests of the servers. This is caused by people actually playing, the people sitting around doing not much of anything take up less resources then say someone grinding.

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 03:24 AM
Idle time kicker sounds like an interesting aspect. Ive seen it in other mmos, but right now PSO2s problem is so many requests of the servers. This is caused by people actually playing, the people sitting around doing not much of anything take up less resources then say someone grinding.

That's true, but MMOs are supposed to be equipped to handle the grinders. I could understand if this had a personal shop feature like Ragnarok Online or Final Fantasy XI where you could sit around all day, then come back later to see if your stuff had sold. At least then you're sitting around for a reason.

I'm all for people grinding though. That's what people should be doing on the game. Granted, I suppose I'm not really in the right to be telling people how to play, but I just think it's a little silly when people simply hop on to use it as a "glorified chatroom" to quote a random person in the lobby I saw last night.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 03:35 AM
That's true, but MMOs are supposed to be equipped to handle the grinders. I could understand if this had a personal shop feature like Ragnarok Online or Final Fantasy XI where you could sit around all day, then come back later to see if your stuff had sold. At least then you're sitting around for a reason.

I'm all for people grinding though. That's what people should be doing on the game. Granted, I suppose I'm not really in the right to be telling people how to play, but I just think it's a little silly when people simply hop on to use it as a "glorified chatroom" to quote a random person in the lobby I saw last night.

Well a company can only predict so much and prepare so much. So they try and adjust to whatever load their game has depending on their budget. Sega has been doing an awesome job, they had an alpha, cb, pre-ob, ob, and I can tell they are really working hard for a full release. And speaking of full release they could see a huge population jump from the OB. Especially since this is a high quality game thats F2P.

As for ragnarok (love that game), the shop and the offline shop feature takes resources. It just allows you to not have to have the game open on your side. Some people have hectic life styles (crazy work, school, and family at the same time), and play 20% of the time and 80% of the time chat/dance. Other just like the virtual PSO2 world and want to chat with others, creating for them a virtual 3D chat.

slave2pso
Jun 28, 2012, 03:40 AM
Ah bollocks, this sucks. I have a day off and wanted to play all day! :etongue:

Ce'Nedra
Jun 28, 2012, 03:43 AM
No no, I was still talking about Wizardry Online when I mentioned that. Sorry if I made you think I was talking about PSO2. That would be pretty terrible if they did it for PSO2.

If that happends...Don't even know what to say to something stupid like that. Guess it only means I'll have to learn how to proxy =/

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 03:49 AM
Well a company can only predict so much and prepare so much. So they try and adjust to whatever load their game has depending on their budget. Sega has been doing an awesome job, they had an alpha, cb, pre-ob, ob, and I can tell they are really working hard for a full release. And speaking of full release they could see a huge population jump from the OB. Especially since this is a high quality game thats F2P.

As for ragnarok (love that game), the shop and the offline shop feature takes resources. It just allows you to not have to have the game open on your side. Some people have hectic life styles (crazy work, school, and family at the same time), and play 20% of the time and 80% of the time chat/dance. Other just like the virtual PSO2 world and want to chat with others, creating for them a virtual 3D chat.

Oh, no doubt. Sega has definitely done a great job with this so far. I only have minor complaints here and there. Definitely nothing game breaking though.

I look forward to seeing how much it improves once they release the full game with the tundra update and whatnot. Yeah, and I loved Ragnarok Online too. I can't tell you how many times I went back to that game, started from scratch to build right back up to a 2-2 class only to take a break from the game again, haha.

Anyway, I really hope what they're doing will be noticeable though. There's nothing worse than getting kicked off an MMO and coming back after maintenance (especially a long one) to hardly notice a difference, lol.

Ah bollocks, this sucks. I have a day off and wanted to play all day! :etongue:

If it makes you feel any better, I have an import title I've been looking forward to that releases today. It ships today and I won't get it until tomorrow (after the servers will be up), so the timing just sucks all around D:

riezahughes
Jun 28, 2012, 04:44 AM
I don't know how much longer i can last. I've gotten into the routine of coming straight on after work and spending hours going around with people... but now... i feel i'm lost. WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? ALL I WANTED WAS TO HIT HARD MODE D:

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 04:53 AM
SKYRIM DLC!

Perfect timing bahaha and maybe some MW3 Javelin trolling >_<

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 05:17 AM
I NEED MY PSO2! im experiencing bad cases of:

Anxiety
Restlessness
Irritability
Insomnia
Headaches
Poor concentration
Depression
Social isolation

next to that im also having issue's with:

Sweating
Racing heart
Palpitations
Muscle tension
Tightness in the chest
Difficulty breathing
Tremor
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 05:27 AM
I'm suffering from the worst case of withdrawl. Boredom. The mind slowly shuts down, and everything becomes either boring, or worse... you think your fingers moving is the must amusing thing you've ever seen.

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 05:28 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, it's time we bring out the paint and play the best game of all!

Watch! Paint! DRYYYYYYYYYY!!

Khasar
Jun 28, 2012, 05:30 AM
lol you guys need to get out more.. I'm glad I don't react this way when playing games. I've been playing games since Spectrum came out. Yea I love games/make games too but I can sure as hell live whole day, week, month or even year without playing.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 05:38 AM
Hmm. I wouldn't want to wait a year for PSO2. That would be unbearable. A month at worst I can survive.

But I know sometimes you have to get away from the game to 'fix' your life up some more.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 05:54 AM
I'm kinda happy with a day-long maintenance this time. It seems to be the only way to stop myself from playing PSO2 non-stop. I don't have to worry about missing the City quest for a whole day!

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 05:56 AM
Definitely know how to you feel sp-24.

I'm not that addicted just that it's a change of schedule. Didn't know about the maintenance at all. But that's fine. Learning is fun.

MisterFruiz
Jun 28, 2012, 06:01 AM
lol you guys need to get out more.. I'm glad I don't react this way when playing games. I've been playing games since Spectrum came out. Yea I love games/make games too but I can sure as hell live whole day, week, month or even year without playing.

You take those messages too seriously.

Gama
Jun 28, 2012, 06:25 AM
that game is dangerous...

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 06:26 AM

Geez, old school, huh? I started back on the NES. I'm an 80's kid too though, lol.

That's kind of irrelevant to how one feels towards video games though. This kind of thing happens with every human regarding one thing or another though. When you wake up or come home from work and always get into a routine of doing something, then something suddenly throws that off, it throws your world off balance. Even for a day, it can be kind of confusing and you'll often find yourself wondering what you should do now that you're not doing what you're used to doing.

I'll be fine for a day, but if it was like... a month or something? I don't know, man, haha.

You take those messages too seriously.

Basically what he said. We're just messing around, killing some time while we wait~

Alucard V
Jun 28, 2012, 06:32 AM
I NEED MY PSO2! im experiencing bad cases of:

Anxiety
Restlessness
Irritability
Insomnia
Headaches
Poor concentration
Depression
Social isolation

next to that im also having issue's with:

Sweating
Racing heart
Palpitations
Muscle tension
Tightness in the chest
Difficulty breathing
Tremor
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea

You'll live.

I mean in sucks don't get me wrong, But it gives me a little time to focus on other projects.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 06:39 AM
that game is dangerous...
And you know it's true when you read their legal disclaimer:

7.転用の禁止
お客様は、本ソフトウェアを大量破壊兵器等(核兵器・化学兵器・生物兵器・ミサイル)の設計、製造、使用を 目的に使用しないことに確約いただきま す。なお、本項は本ソフトウェアを、本使用許諾契約書にて承認した範囲を超えて前記の目的以外に使用するこ とを承認する趣旨ではありません。

ZeroRageX
Jun 28, 2012, 07:37 AM
That's some serious business right there

SolaceIX
Jun 28, 2012, 09:59 AM

7.転用の禁止
お客様は、本ソフトウェアを大量破壊兵器等(核兵器・化学兵器・生物兵器・ミサイル)の設計、製造、使用を 目的に使用しないことに確約いただきま す。なお、本項は本ソフトウェアを、本使用許諾契約書にて承認した範囲を超えて前記の目的以外に使用するこ とを承認する趣旨ではありません。

Well that cancels my weekend plans I guess. Damn.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 10:13 AM
I don't totally understand that. Someone please translate :3

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 10:17 AM

google is your friend :) http://translate.google.com/

Dragonetti
Jun 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
Ban for
Customers, the bidder will be assured that you do not use the design objectives of (biological weapons and chemical weapons and missile weapons), manufacturing, and use weapons of mass destruction such as the Software. In addition, this section is not a purpose to approve that you use for any purpose other than the above is beyond the scope approved by this License Agreement, the Software.

Good old google translate...

Alenoir
Jun 28, 2012, 10:21 AM

They're making you agree that you're not allowed to turn the game software/client into a weapon of mass destruction (nuclear weapon/bio weapon/missile, etc.).

I'm interested in knowing how though if someone managed to make a nuclear weapon with PSO2's client. .-.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
google is your friend :) http://translate.google.com/

I did use it, this is why I came to you guys. xD (I saw mention of weapons and I was like... "How is this a disclaimer" and didn't get the nuke bit)

and LOL about us agreeing to that. Damn it. My plans are RUIINNNED

Sizustar
Jun 28, 2012, 10:38 AM
So this maitance is beside increasing server, they also noticed problem with the desert mission with the driller not appearing and is under investigation too
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/

dsmith51595
Jun 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
in EST when will we be able to log on again? thanks in advance

Rauten
Jun 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wow, guess game companies got really scared when all that talk of using PS2 processors as guidance systems for missiles came out. Hell, I hope it's because of that, because if there's an alternative, I'm not sure I wanna know about it.

Fusioneko
in EST when will we be able to log on again? thanks in advance

Tommorow, around.. ..

"14:00 (Fri.) June 29" JST
so would be..

Noon, Friday, EST. My best guess.
EDIT:

Or wait, hm.. 1 PM in the afternoon. I thought it was two hour difference. .. I swore it was, but it's onyl one hour difference. . It seems.. 14 => 2 PM 13 => 1 PM 12 => noon Assuming I'm right.

So..

14 on Friday, -1 = 13 EST,

Google: -

12:55am Friday (Etc/GMT-9) - Time in Japan Standard Time

11:55am Thursday (US/Eastern) - Time in Eastern Time

Edit: You know I tottally screwed myself up, yeah midnight, 1 am. .wow.. I'm bad D: I looked like a fool I blame my math. my clock says it's 11:56 PM ( when it's am.) So I blame myself for not setting it right.

Wiz10011
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196688

The second post has the time for EST which says 1 Am on 6/29

Emery25
Jun 28, 2012, 10:54 AM
1am est on the 29th

SolaceIX
Jun 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
Wow, guess game companies got really scared when all that talk of using PS2 processors as guidance systems for missiles came out. Hell, I hope it's because of that, because if there's an alternative, I'm not sure I wanna know about it.

There's a lot more than that going on. Some missiles use Nvidia cards for a guidance system. They work. Well.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 10:57 AM
Ugh. I guess I'll go play LoL today. xD

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
;.; I tottally did my math wrong. I look like a fool.

Rauten
Jun 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
There's a lot more than that going on. Some missiles use Nvidia cards for a guidance system. They work. Well.

I hope they're using some of the latest models; Tesselation, man, tesselation! Rockets need that shit!

Vintasticvin
Jun 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
And evaluate your addiction problems. Dont worry I used to like y'all but I was able to save myself <3

SolaceIX
Jun 28, 2012, 11:09 AM
I hope they're using some of the latest models; Tesselation, man, tesselation! Rockets need that shit!

Chances are, the models they use, you haven't heard of.

ZcRaider
Jun 28, 2012, 02:13 PM
Hmm that why i can login today....was fearin the worst...

ZcRaider
Jun 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
Well, steam has a ton of games...Play something there till tommorrow.....

THEN ITS BACK TO GRINDING!!! FWAHAHAH MUST REACH LVL 20....

Vintasticvin
Jun 28, 2012, 02:28 PM
Hmm that why i can login today....was fearin the worst...

Even "if the worst happened" the game will come back /facepalm

Randomness
Jun 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
They're making you agree that you're not allowed to turn the game software/client into a weapon of mass destruction (nuclear weapon/bio weapon/missile, etc.).

I'm interested in knowing how though if someone managed to make a nuclear weapon with PSO2's client. .-.

Yeah, I'm not sure anything in this game is particularly relevant to weapons development. Maybe some of the projectile handling algorithms? I dunno.

I can't imagine any military R&D program trying to reverse engineer anything from this.

Omisan
Jun 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
What is the maintenance about?

recursive
Jun 28, 2012, 02:54 PM
What is the maintenance about?

The maintenance is addressing the lag issues - they are making adjustments to their database servers to handle more traffic.

Ayaleah
Jun 28, 2012, 02:56 PM
People really don't search the forums do they? Not even a little bit.

Fair enough if your answer really is in the depths of the spammy threads out there right now but there's a thread relating to the maintenance a couple of threads down from this one right now...

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
Oh really? How about how it manages to heat up my graphics card and, I think, CPU? Install PSO2 client on a platform used to guide the warhead, pick the max settings and run it, then shoot the missile. By the time it reaches its destination, CPU will overheat so much that it will make a significant contribution to the thermonuclear explosion's power, bringing us to the whole new era of weapons of mass destruction.

I just hope that people in Iran and Israel don't read this forum, or we are in trouble.

madscotch
Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
any idea when pso2 servers will be back online what is 14:00 in central US time? sorry I'm kind of useless =^-^=

Vintasticvin
Jun 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
The people are freaking out cause they cant go a single second with having their monitors playing pso two while they shamelessy post offensive symbol chat, alt+M'ing, or have their characters idle while they go masturing. Sega is secretly "cleaning up the idle players".

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 03:11 PM
Even "if the worst happened" the game will come back /facepalm

I'm sure his reaction was warranted. This is a fun game, and sometimes they fail and have to have maintanence, or it's just a client side problem which that person will have horrible experience dealing with. So he probably thought he was doomed to not play the game due to a problem he wouldn't be able to understand nor get help with. (Or doomed to have alot of trouble with it with perserverance)

Be a little more understanding. It's not just about the game 'going away'. It can also be that he thought it 'was gone' and wouldn't know when it would come back, and that is what he thought was the worst possible situation. It's just you jumped to conclusions there and scolded him.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 03:13 PM
Wrong forum. This is for PSU.

But, the servers will be back up at 1:00 AM Eastern (12:00 AM Central), if I calculated right.

BogusKun
Jun 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
Various upgrades to the server.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
I assumed "the worst" to be the much-feared IP block, myself. We'd be left waiting for a castrated worldwide release for a year or two, which would never catch up to the Japanese version in terms of anything and get closed prematurely that way.

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 03:26 PM

7.転用の禁止

I have a feeling it's a general message which basically says "Don't try this at home, or you're against our terms!" you know, because once people play a Fantasy Sci-fi game they find ways to create weapons out of apparently over abundant metals and photon power (which actually exists, search the web, kinda creepy) then go on massive killing raids of innocent animals in forests and caves while setting everything on fire... yea, they need this disclaimer or there would be a lot of angry squirrels >.>

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
Oh really? How about how it manages to heat up my graphics card and, I think, CPU? Install PSO2 client on a platform used to guide the warhead, pick the max settings and run it, then shoot the missile. By the time it reaches its destination, CPU will overheat so much that it will make a significant contribution to the thermonuclear explosion's power, bringing us to the whole new era of weapons of mass destruction.

I just hope that people in Iran and Israel don't read this forum, or we are in trouble.

I was laughing until that line right there. Was that really necessary? Come on, I've got a friend from Israel.

Not cool, man. Not cool.

Vintasticvin
Jun 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm sure his reaction was warranted. This is a fun game, and sometimes they fail and have to have maintanence, or it's just a client side problem which that person will have horrible experience dealing with. So he probably thought he was doomed to not play the game due to a problem he wouldn't be able to understand nor get help with. (Or doomed to have alot of trouble with it with perserverance)

Be a little more understanding. It's not just about the game 'going away'. It can also be that he thought it 'was gone' and wouldn't know when it would come back, and that is what he thought was the worst possible situation. It's just you jumped to conclusions there and scolded him.

I am very understsnding and reasonable also I wasnt scolding no one but some people overreact thinking its the apocalypse or they finaly got the ip block up (error would be translated in a matter of seconds here) or some other B.s. just chill be patient find something else to pass the time til maintenance is over=/

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 04:05 PM
As for passing time I got like 12 hours of sleep and am currently eating food! I suggest anyone that has been lacking sleep or realized they were only eating 1 meal a day should do the same >.<

Vintasticvin
Jun 28, 2012, 04:14 PM
As for passing time I got like 12 hours of sleep and am currently eating food! I suggest anyone that has been lacking sleep or realized they were only eating 1 meal a day should do the same >.<

Wow..... Whatever happened with going to the pool, playing with the other kids around the block and i feel sorry for the pets :( being pushed and shoved away wen they want some lovin -_^

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 04:17 PM
Wow..... Whatever happened with going to the pool, playing with the other kids around the block and i feel sorry for the pets :( being pushed and shoved away wen they want some lovin -_^

I'm a college student stuck living at their grandparents without transportation or a job of any sort, add on top of that, I'm a nerd and don't have friends. I had to leave my "pets" at my mom's house Q.Q

Personal stuffs aside, NO ONE SHOULD DENY A PET LUVZ!!!

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 04:18 PM
I assumed "the worst" to be the much-feared IP block, myself. We'd be left waiting for a castrated worldwide release for a year or two, which would never catch up to the Japanese version in terms of anything and get closed prematurely that way.

VPN.. VPN. I know some foreigners. Just setup some VPN access located within JP, tunnel in. Got some friends over there? They know english? Willing to be pals? learn how to establish a vpn. :o it's effectively a great way to connect from a different source.

Although will require a lot of tweaking, and learning. :P

Dium
Jun 28, 2012, 04:26 PM

Does playing PSO2 with my dog and kids from around the block while in the pool count?

Edit: Also, I would be so sad if there was an IP ban for us. I really hope that never happens.

Malevolent215
Jun 28, 2012, 04:26 PM

I for one very highly doubt there will be any sort of IP ban. The bottom line is that Sega is a company... simple as that. Yes they probably have noticed us, and the strain western players are puting on the server. In the end, there are a lot of us, and each one of us is a potential buyer. Therefore, we will give Sega more money because our purchases will out-weigh server costs.

The worst that could happen is no Western release, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that there will be one. At that point, we might see something done with western IPs on the JP servers.

Randomness
Jun 28, 2012, 04:32 PM
I for one very highly doubt there will be any sort of IP ban. The bottom line is that Sega is a company... simple as that. Yes they probably have noticed us, and the strain western players are puting on the server. In the end, there are a lot of us, and each one of us is a potential buyer. Therefore, we will give Sega more money because our purchases will out-weigh server costs.

The worst that could happen is no Western release, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that there will be one. At that point, we might see something done with western IPs on the JP servers.

We aren't that much of a strain on servers - our main playing time in the US is when the JP players are low.

Wiz10011
Jun 28, 2012, 04:35 PM

Western IPs could give them more of a reason to release it international since it's showing them we're greatly interested in the game.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 04:35 PM
An any time, gaijin presence is really low. Block 20 is always clogged, blocks 21-22 are sometimes, 23rd may be, too, not sure... But then comes the Japanese prime time, and all you see is full orange bars in each and every block. There is no way non-Japanese players can be the source of the lag.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 04:37 PM
I am very understsnding and reasonable also I wasnt scolding no one but some people overreact thinking its the apocalypse or they finaly got the ip block up (error would be translated in a matter of seconds here) or some other B.s. just chill be patient find something else to pass the time til maintenance is over=/

I don't think a person who didn't know there was a maintanence reacting, is considered 'over-reacting'. As you can see, once he realized that it was a scheduled maintainence, he knew that everything was ok and would have to wait.

I don't know what you mean by an error being cleared up in a matter of seconds. I haven't seen errors with games get cleared in a matter of seconds. (Usually I would find some errors to be solved through one's own perseverance, reading guides, and waiting and waiting on that tech support, more than a few seconds)

I do admit, I was scared to see news of Sega 'closing down' some of it's offices. I have only just started playing PSO2 a day ago, and was already thinking "OH NOES WAT IF, WAT IF" And this is another thing. When people think about the future of the game, it isn't just them being bored that the game won't be up in 24 hours, it is them worried the game won't be on in the future. D: That, is a big deal. (Cuz the game is awesome duh xP )

I just think it's not just the maintanence really. Because like you said, we can (and WILL) find a way to take up the time during that time period. Here I am, passing the time, posting. I can't wait for the game to get back online.

Also I guess you come from the angle of "It's just a computer game, why can't people go outside". If that is what you are thinking, then know that the times are changing, or have already. Some people aren't 'outside' people, and may be just into technology. Some may have grown up that way, like me. I was kept inside because of my allergies, go figure. Now I'm the type to stay inside, and hate the outdoors. (Due in part to allergies and just general ickiness I get from the outdoors, I'm the type of guy who doesn't want to work with grease from a car etc) As technology continues to advance, we get more and more doodads to get into. We are getting adjusted to having all these around us, so I can see why someone might have a hard time being away from either a computer, or cellphone.

(Yes I'm passing the time by talking about PSO, mostly : P )

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
Vintasticvin...

Brah...

Calm down, no one is overreacting...

In this thread at least.

But people CAN take the time to read a little bit.

Vintasticvin
Jun 28, 2012, 04:41 PM
V_V Ouch... Im sorry ro read that D: I hope things get better for you and I feel ya on the nerd thing it actualy sucks photon chargers.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:01 PM

User error, friend. If your CPU and GPU are overheating from this game you need afterstock cooling or you need to make sure your case is cleaned, case fans are working, and that your system has decent ventilation. I've never heard of anyone else having overheating problems with this game and I recommend if you feel your system is running too hot and you play at above 60 FPS that you force VSync through your Nvidia or ATI Catalyst control panel.

buri-chan
Jun 28, 2012, 05:05 PM
7 hours.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 05:06 PM
My computer overheats as well but this also happens when I play LoL. So you are not alone friend.

And yes. I'm also counting down.

I'm going to sleep and hope I wake up by 1 am.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 28, 2012, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know if it's still scheduled to end at 2 P.M. Japan time? Just curious if they have announced a later time or anything, I want to be able to get on immediately and head to lvl 30.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 05:11 PM
That 14:00 is early morning for me, so I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way, or even got extended by an hour or two. ...So they would make sure that the servers work perfectly, of course, and not for my selfish reasons.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:16 PM
My computer overheats as well but this also happens when I play LoL. So you are not alone friend.

And yes. I'm also counting down.

I'm going to sleep and hope I wake up by 1 am.

I know this is off topic but make sure your Framerate settings in your options are set at "Stable" and not "Benchmark" and that if that isn't enough you set VSync to on. That should help a ton (assuming you still play at all :P)

Lostbob117
Jun 28, 2012, 05:17 PM
It would be cool if they added the english option with this maintenance.

Ana-Chan
Jun 28, 2012, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know if it's still scheduled to end at 2 P.M. Japan time? Just curious if they have announced a later time or anything, I want to be able to get on immediately and head to lvl 30.

Yes, it is still 2pm Japanese time. So it will be about 6 hours and 40 minutes from when this post was posted.
There is nothing on the players site or twitter extending it yet, so it is still scheduled to come back online then.

Emery25
Jun 28, 2012, 05:22 PM
Today sure has been a slow day -.-

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
I know this is off topic but make sure your Framerate settings in your options are set at "Stable" and not "Benchmark" and that if that isn't enough you said VSync to on. That should help a ton (assuming you still play at all :P)

Thanks! I'll try it out and hope that works. (Yes I still play, If you mean LoL, I do but now I play PSO2 more hahaha)

VonHalford
Jun 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
This is stupid!

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:50 PM
This is stupid!

Relax and don't be pessimistic...it's good for the game's future to iron out the kinks in the betas. :)

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 05:57 PM
Relax and don't be pessimistic...it's good for the game's future to iron out the kinks in the betas. :)

Worst case scenario: They decide it was cruel to leave servers offline so long and shorten maintenance leaving a game breaking bug within the server. When they try to fix it in the next maintenance it only gets worse... then WW3 begins... I'd rather wait a few more hours ^.^

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
Worst case scenario: They decide it was cruel to leave servers offline so long and shorten maintenance leaving a game breaking bug within the server. When they try to fix it in the next maintenance it only gets worse... then WW3 begins... I'd rather wait a few more hours ^.^
I told you! I told you that somebody else told you that this game is dangerous, and should be handled with care! No need to rush the maintenance, not with what is at stake.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
An any time, gaijin presence is really low. Block 20 is always clogged, blocks 21-22 are sometimes, 23rd may be, too, not sure... But then comes the Japanese prime time, and all you see is full orange bars in each and every block. There is no way non-Japanese players can be the source of the lag.

^ this, as a late night gamer, i see every and all blocks almost full during JP peak hours,+^_^+ your all paranoid, no way sega would only want ¥, when they can also have [SPOILER-BOX]Lek, ؋, $, ман, p., BZ$, $b, KM, лв, ៛, ₡, ₱, Kč, £, €, ¢, ﷼, ₪, ₩, ₭, ден, ₨, ₮, ƒ, zł, руб, ฿, ₤, ₴, etc., you get my point, Sega greedy!!+^_^+[/SPOILER-BOX]

thekkeffect
Jun 28, 2012, 06:15 PM
hope they fix all the servers issues. i kept getting disconnected at around 10pm everyday for some reason.

for now i guess i can do something fun like ummmmm read a book or take a shower...yea nvm

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
i didn't even read vint's posts as overreacting rofl its just regular reactions. it just exploded because ranmaru, caring mother of the forum suddenly went carebear mode on him and told him to be more sensitive.

he wasn't even that mean aha- its like some of you guys think that you're supposed to treat other people on the internet with respect- oh wait its psoworld srs bsns only unless fkl

so many carebears here damn. i mean i guess it's not a bad thing but lol sometimes these small things get so blown outta proportions rofl

vint should grow a backbone like peejay. he does whatever he wants, sounds like a dick, no shits given. even if i think he's hilariously rudely blunt sometimes when he posts, i can still respect how he doesn't go back on what he says often when he's being blunt and curt. it's often not even super offensive, he's just not beating around the bush when it comes to expressing his opinions about something. which is actually somewhat refreshing. i don't think vint said anything bad and vint thought the same looool.

Gardios
Jun 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
You sure it's not your router or ISP that disconnects you?

Ana-Chan
Jun 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
This is stupid!

Well, I don't know what they are doing exactly, but the last tme I had to migrate one of the database server clusters that I have to deal with at work, it took 3 days even with everything prepared before hand. This kind of work isn't instantanious, and with the description of the work they were going to do, I'm surprised that it only had a 27 hour estimate.
So as was already mentioned, be patient, the servers will be up soon enough. Also think of the reduction of lag in the game, since the connection to the database servers was given as a bottleneck.

Clessy
Jun 28, 2012, 06:57 PM
I finally set up vmware to run this shit and its fucking down.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
It'll be up tonite.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 06:59 PM
I finally set up vmware to run this shit and its fucking down.

Yeeep, sounds rough buddy but it's necessary to transition into a smooth full release.

Clessy
Jun 28, 2012, 07:02 PM
What will make me super happy and piss me off at the same time is if this update fixes windows 8 support and it now runs on windows 8. Since I went ahead and vmwared xp and wasted all the time. Then again my gpu has no windows XP support. So Im running at like Sd shaders and 30fps capped on vmware where i run max settings on 8.

Priest
Jun 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
I'm sure the game will be running super smooth thanks to the millions of dollars i'm sure invested in new networking technology and equipment!.. maybe. >_>

Reyva
Jun 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
Sega ain't gonna support Windows 8 for a good while. I remember in PSU it took forever for them to support Windows Vista / 7. Main reason being gameguard.

And I really don't see many game developers in general putting a focus on getting their game to work Win8 since its not even out yet.

Clessy
Jun 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
Sega ain't gonna support Windows 8 for a good while. I remember in PSU it took forever for them to support Windows Vista / 7. Main reason being gameguard.

And I really don't see many game developers in general putting a focus on getting their game to work Win8 since its not even out yet.

It worked on windows 8 with every other release build until now.... So its actually like they stepped back and broke compatibility.

Arika
Jun 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
Hope they have their good time to evaluate data, and announce real game release date soon.

thablinksta
Jun 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
Why is there such a large number of people playing this game on windows 8? Windows 8 is still in beta, meaning sega isn't going to and shouldn't waste their time making pso2 work with it. If you wanted to play pso2, then I feel like you should keep a computer that has windows 7 on it!

Nu Lo Yin
Jun 28, 2012, 09:39 PM
2 hours and 20 minutes till game time!!!!!! I cant wait. I have been going through withdrawls!

sugarFO
Jun 28, 2012, 09:40 PM
I want my PSO2 now!!!!1 ._. lol sorry, withdrawal.

Xaeris
Jun 28, 2012, 09:41 PM
First time in a long time I've been glad to be at work. Kept me nice and distracted.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 28, 2012, 09:55 PM
First time in a long time I've been glad to be at work. Kept me nice and distracted.

You could also go post a nice update for me to read while waiting.

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 10:07 PM
Sakai did say they could easily increase the maintenance if things don't go smooth, fair warning yall

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 10:15 PM
I WANT TO PLAY PSO NOWWWWW

Xaeris
Jun 28, 2012, 10:20 PM
You could also go post a nice update for me to read while waiting.

Ha ha, you wouldn't want to read the coming chapter right now. It's quite trolltastic. Even by my standards.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 28, 2012, 10:22 PM
It's 5:20am here in Germany, I've been up since 4:45am, couldn't sleep any more. This almost never happens to me... so I though I could play a bit before going to work.

:-(

BogusKun
Jun 28, 2012, 10:24 PM
It's 5:20am here in Germany, I've been up since 4:45am, couldn't sleep any more. This almost never happens to me... so I though I could play a bit before going to work.

Well... just make sure you don't fall asleep on us :)

I pretty much play this game into a deep sleep. Somehow leveling up and getting the last hit on a Vol who appeared the moment we hit Caves 1... and yes... it woke me up.

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 10:30 PM

No goo to sleep D: I have to wake up early too though...

FineWine
Jun 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
Been looking forward to them coming back up all day at work. Have the next 3 days off after working all week so I can finally get a big chunk of progression done. ^^

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 10:36 PM
I want my PSO2 now!!!!1 ._. lol sorry, withdrawal.

LOL!Your not the only one feeling this way -_-
Nothing else seems to keep me satisfied xD

Although PSU seems to help entertain for a bit....ITS NOT THE SAME! ! T_T

Aeris
Jun 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Why is there such a large number of people playing this game on windows 8? Windows 8 is still in beta, meaning sega isn't going to and shouldn't waste their time making pso2 work with it. If you wanted to play pso2, then I feel like you should keep a computer that has windows 7 on it!

I really donno why either, i wouldn't play on a OS thats still in development, rather wait until its fully released even though you can use it for free while it is.

Sigmund
Jun 28, 2012, 11:01 PM
Maintenance extended? DUN DUN DUNNNN.

Zhuu
Jun 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
I'm so confused at the translation to that Tweet, it sounds like maint. is a week now...but...idk...confused...at least if you look at the link they posted...

I just want to play dammit =[

Enforcer MKV
Jun 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
Maintenance extended? DUN DUN DUNNNN.

Seriously? If that's the case, I'm gonna be doing some of that emote under your name.....

Shadownami92
Jun 28, 2012, 11:08 PM
Because of the drastic measure of communication delay, at the following plan, perform extraordinary maintenance of the game server.

June 28 special 29 hour maintenance plans (Thu) 14:00 Mon 11:00 - 6 (Fri)

Some of the characters got jumbled but by looking at the PSO2 newsfeed page thing in Post 1 you can see the order for the scheduling time.

Straight google translate, but it seems like it's going to be 2 hours longer.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:09 PM
I'm so confused at the translation to that Tweet, it sounds like maint. is a week now...but...idk...confused...
at least if you look at the link they posted...

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE WITH MY FREE TIME FOR A WHOLE WEEK??

Lostbob117
Jun 28, 2012, 11:10 PM
No, the servers should be up in a hour.

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 11:10 PM
Because of the drastic measure of communication delay, at the following plan, perform extraordinary maintenance of the game server.

June 28 special 29 hour maintenance plans (Thu) 14:00 Mon 11:00 - 6 (Fri)

Straight google translate, but it seems like it's going to be 2 hours longer.

sigh i guess ill have to wait until i get off work tomorrow

Sigmund
Jun 28, 2012, 11:11 PM
I misread, sorry. =x Should be on time.

Massaki
Jun 28, 2012, 11:12 PM
Latest tweet (about 15mins ago) says that server should be up in about one hour. Have no idea where you guys are picking that info up about extended maintenance. If you're just trolling for the sake of trolling, it's not helping.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:14 PM
nu'uh-wha?

Which is it?

LAST TIME I LISTEN TO YOU GUY-

Oh my god kaneko Saya's character is so pretty.. D:

Eyes not too awkwardly big or anything! D:

I'm in e-love!

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 11:14 PM
Latest tweet (about 15mins ago) says that server should be up in about one hour. Have no idea where you guys are picking that info up about extended maintenance. If you're just trolling for the sake of trolling, it's not helping.

That's not trolling, that's attempted murder!!! My heart literally stopped for a second!!! ... breath.. breath.. head... dizzy.. @.@...

Shadownami92
Jun 28, 2012, 11:17 PM

My bad, I managed to read the feed wrong, it was the same time as their last message. Can we get a link to the Twitter feed in the first post though? It would be nice to have easy access to the link.

Finetic
I'm so confused at the translation to that Tweet, it sounds like maint. is a week now...but...idk...confused...at least if you look at the link they posted...

I just want to play dammit =[

http://www.soeastbiker.com/computer_smash.jpg

Thermalwolf

No not trolling, people might have got that from me when I said Sakai had stated maintenance could be extended before the servers even went down... So far though it looks like the servers will be put up anytime given all is going well.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 11:18 PM

I'm in e-love!

You traitor.

So tired. Gotta go eat some spicy food to wake myself up to lay for a couple of hours.

deltasrage
Jun 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
http://www.soeastbiker.com/computer_smash.jpg

This may be how my pc dies!!! I WANT MMOORREE PSO2 :P

Massaki
Jun 28, 2012, 11:20 PM
Alrighty, no harm done then.

Tweet in question: https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/218553760656527361
Roughly translates to what I've already said. In about 1 hour (give or take a couple of minutes) the servers should be back up.

As more of a personal opinion.. I wished Sega updated their PSO2 Official Facebook Page as much as they update stuff in their tweets. It feels pretty abandoned right now.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 28, 2012, 11:33 PM
nu'uh-wha?

Which is it?

LAST TIME I LISTEN TO YOU GUY-

I'm in e-love!

Wh- *notices the character* O.O

Holy crap.....y-you're right. ^^;

(wait, I'm biased towards Newmans. :P)

Ark22
Jun 28, 2012, 11:36 PM
Man, I hope I don't fall asleep.

MCDDONALD'S COFFEE TIME! VANILLA ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 PM

I'm kinda hankering for some taco bell, but I heard gunshots a little while ago, and I'm not interested in having speed holes added to my body.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'm kinda hankering for some taco bell, but I heard gunshots a little while ago, and I'm not interested in having speed holes added to my body.

Lol! A mcdonalds smoothie sounds good but servers bout to come up.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:41 PM

Just tell people...

"Them bullet holes are fer speed..."

"Sexual speed >D"

But no, Tacobell isn't worth it... Ever, in my experience... fuckmostfastfoodthough

Lunairetic
Jun 28, 2012, 11:43 PM
I walked out to get some ice cream. About a mile and a half each way. Was hoping servers would be up by the time I finished.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 28, 2012, 11:43 PM

Tell me what server you'll be on. Nao! We must friend one another since we haven't had the chance yet! XD

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 11:45 PM
But no, Tacobell isn't worth it... Ever, in my experience... fuckmostfastfoodthough

TBH i only get drinks mainly from fast food places now days. The food and the products they use to make the food are DISGUSTING.

HectorSirdam
Jun 28, 2012, 11:46 PM
I needs my PSO2 crack *twitches*. I was never this into the originals even though I did play them a bit, what the hell happened!?

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 11:47 PM
I needs my PSO2 crack *twitches*. I was never this into the originals even though I did play them a bit, what the hell happened!?

Lack of good games over the years left you empty. And PSO2 came around and the gamer inside jumped for joy.

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 11:47 PM
TBH i only get drinks mainly from fast food places now days. The food and the products they use to make the food are DISGUSTING.

I'm the same way. It's really hard for me to imagine people eating that.. stuff more then once a month. Only reason I have some fast food is when family randomly brings me food >.>

Enforcer MKV
Jun 28, 2012, 11:50 PM
I'm the same way. It's really hard for me to imagine people eating that.. stuff more then once a month. Only reason I have some fast food is when family randomly brings me food >.>

chic-fil-a isn't nearly as bad, I've found. Pretty much any other fast food vendor makes me sick, though. Quite literally.

EDIT: Stop, you fools, before this turns from a PSO topic to the food channel!

rise urbanus
Jun 28, 2012, 11:50 PM
:pandaroll:few..more...mins...:pandaroll:

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 11:51 PM
it feels like new years except an hour behind

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 11:51 PM
I only like Wendy's when it comes to the "low-tier" fast food chains.

However, I also greatly enjoy Popeye's, Sonic, and Chick-Fil-A. All so good.

Everything besides those four, not so much...

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
any news yet? just woke up lol. but dang this is the day im gone all day :disapprove:

mhjc
Jun 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
I don't like Fast Food... but if I have to eat some... these places are ok with me.
Bush's Chicken
Sonic
KFC
Subway

Finetic
Jun 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
Humdeedumm....

*Makes a pot of coffee*

I'm gonna be going pretty hard tonight. Need my caffeinez if I'm going to be trying to S-Rank the Caves Free Field mission.

Vol Dragon shish kabobs for all !

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 11:57 PM

Yea once a month I may have a burger. If people only knew what they were actually eating... Not to mention the calories, no wonder America is overweight...

recursive
Jun 29, 2012, 12:00 AM
1AM EST now - where's my PSO2 :O

EDIT: SERVERS ARE UP

Garnet_Moon
EMERGENCY CODE: Extended Maintenance

Enforcer MKV
SHIPS ARE UP!

Priest
Jun 29, 2012, 12:01 AM
Ships are up for me.

ZIE creations
Logged on!

rise urbanus
HERE I GOOOO

DreXxiN
Jun 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
Server is up, but everrything is all jittery o_o.

HectorSirdam
Jun 29, 2012, 12:05 AM
Gotta love them for putting things back in order at the time they said they would, I'm normally used to waiting an extra hour or two which is really no big deal but it is refreshing.

DTwO
Jun 29, 2012, 12:06 AM
I hope you guys arent trolling...>_>

EDIT:WOW! I thought servers would be up at 1pm...lolz my oopsie.

franstormer
Jun 29, 2012, 12:07 AM
server is up !

Yunfa
Jun 29, 2012, 12:53 AM
Anybody else getting random d/c?

Polly
Jun 29, 2012, 12:56 AM
Anybody else getting random d/c?

No disconnects, just lag.

I logged on to run a mission before sleeping and it seemed about on par with what we've already been seeing, but it could just be the influx of people slamming the servers to get back in. I guess a few more hours will tell the tale.