PDA

View Full Version : The hell is wrong with the desert quest?

Boodendorf
Jun 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
Trying to do the 15 mins quests for the free exploration desert quest and every single time I get to the 3rd area with my party, it takes 8 minutes for the emergency codes to finally appear. This is really annoying, it makes s ranking with a time limit impossible -_-.
Anyone got that issue?

Bon3zz1001
Jun 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'm having the issue of not even being able to activate the things at the end. For some reason whenever I go up to one of them, the bar fills up half way then just drains completely. For the event trigger I just walked into an unexplored area and it triggered the event.

Ryo
Jun 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
You need to only fill it up when it's flashing, and it goes much quicker with multiple people. Also, from what I understand the emergency code doesn't appear until you've cleared the area of enemies.

Rhypht
Jun 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
You need to only fill it up when it's flashing, and it goes much quicker with multiple people. Also, from what I understand the emergency code doesn't appear until you've cleared the area of enemies.

That can't be true, as many of the enemies are fighting you as you're trying to drill.

There is something messed up with that quest though. After you get the 2/2, the quest will continue running for any amount of time. Often for me, it ran out of time and then said I completed it. It also took me forever to trigger it quite often, I must say I beat that quest's time limit by sheer luck.

Geistritter
Jun 27, 2012, 05:44 PM
Mash your activate button/key to make the meter fill up more quickly. It'll only take two or three cycles for it to fill depending on how quick you are at pressing the key.

The reason the quest times out even when you're done is because the drills dig up items at random. Take advantage of it.

Zero_Virus_X
Jun 27, 2012, 05:45 PM
took me like 6 tries to get this, i joined a random jp party in block 2 and finally managed to get it, 2 lv 22+s were trying to carry a lv 17.

Mike
Jun 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
That can't be true, as many of the enemies are fighting you as you're trying to drill.
Enemies spawn with the drills but it's not true anyways. The trigger that spawns the drills is just weirdly placed sometimes.

Bibimbap
Jun 27, 2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah I hate that quest. It's best to run deep into every nook to trigger the quest, and mashing as opposed to holding makes the mining go way faster.

The Awesomeinator
Jun 27, 2012, 09:10 PM
Okay, here's the skinny.

1. The code isn't spawning! What do?

-That's because the spawns are weird. Make sure you've explored everywhere, and don't just run straight through areas. The triggers for these events can be really strange.

2. The drills are confusing! What do?

-Mash E (the game tells you to hold E, but mashing is faster) while facing it when it glows. Do not mash E when it does not glow. Yes, monsters will spawn, but you should have friends with you while you're doing this. Either have them defend the people who are doing it, or have all of you do it at the same time. It goes faster with multiple people.

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
I had that happen so many times. Its up to chance

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:00 PM
Gotta get to this soon, but I did the quest today and it took forever, then we failed... it was upsetting.

TerminalMontage
Jun 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
So far everything in the game has been real simple for me.

There may be lots of enemies around when you're trying to drill, but they aren't super aggressive, just mash the buttons, when light goes away hit an enemy, light comes back, mash buttons, continue.

If you guys are smart enough to get this far into a game most of you can't read, then surely you're better than the average gamer and can do this :P

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 12:12 AM
its hard but in the end its just finding a good balance between killing and going to the final map and do the quest.

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 12:13 AM
This one confused me to all hells at first, but I got the hang of it quick. Spam E when it's glowing, kill (knockback?) when it's not. You should be able to solo it pretty easily once you get the hang of it (as a hunter, at least).

Darki
Jun 28, 2012, 12:58 AM
The code itself is easy, but not the triggering. It took me like 5 attemps because no matter how quickly I'd reach the 3rd block, the drills wouldn't appear till the last minute or so. And the code only finishes when its own timer finishes, so you can find that you did the two drills in time but fail to do the client order. :/

Doodad
Jun 28, 2012, 01:54 AM
If you can manage to clear all the drills the code will complete before the timer counts down. Probably never going to happen when you need it to but it can actually end before the timer's up.

Also, and this could just be the wonky trigger placement, whenever i've done this it seems that if there is already a code active the event will not trigger until it's been cleared.

Doing this and the Caves speed runs were just frustrating.

Cyclon
Jun 28, 2012, 01:55 AM
I might add that if you skip too many ennemies on the third block, the area can lock itself and nothing else can spawn anymore, emergency code included.

It happened to me once. After that I killed everything and went everywhere several times, but no more monsters, and no more event. Had to restart the quest.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 02:04 AM
I've had to help like 2 and a half teamates with this quest...

Mine luckily went by easy...

But there seems to be some kind of issues, or bug or weird requirement when it takes like 10 minutes for the interrupt event to start. Pretty much ruining your quest(Obviously.)

It could just be luck, but usually every time I suggest changing blocks it works perfectly afterwards.

Boodendorf
Jun 28, 2012, 02:47 AM
Mash your activate button/key to make the meter fill up more quickly. It'll only take two or three cycles for it to fill depending on how quick you are at pressing the key.

The reason the quest times out even when you're done is because the drills dig up items at random. Take advantage of it.

That's NOT what I'm talking about. It's the fact that the emergency code doesn't appear, so no drills on the map.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 02:58 AM
first that quest is not a freefield, its the arc mission field,

1 -
The way it works is rapidly press "E" button ONLY when it flashes,

keep note its lagging by 1 sec for people in the USA so stop pressing E near the end when the light dies out.

2-

it ONLY TRIGGERS when you go to a certain location on the map, its always same location on map shape even if enterance is difference,

3-
the "TIMER" only tells you to do certain quantity by then meaning you can do more
these drills are like boxes they give rare items sometime, the more you do the more chance of getting grinder or other item.

quest completion is ser "after the time runs out" so you need to wait X minuts weather done or not done.

Boodendorf
Jun 28, 2012, 06:18 AM
2-

it ONLY TRIGGERS when you go to a certain location on the map, its always same location on map shape even if enterance is difference,

And after you checked every corners of the map and the emergency STILL didn't appear, what do you do? You thought I stood still at the entrance of area 3 while waiting for the emergency code to appear?

Hrith
Jun 28, 2012, 06:37 AM
Same ^

I have tried that four times, now, and every time, the nice people who were helping and I had the entire map uncovered in about two minutes and the emergency code took 8 minutes to appear in my 'luckiest' attempt, 16 in my unluckiest.

Everything that has been said in this thread about this mission is false.
Killing all enemies = wrong; uncovering the entire map = wrong; completing all emergency trials in area 3 = wrong.

This client order is just bullshit. It's the kind of bullshit that even when you finally succeed, you do not even feel good, because it is so much bullshit.
I hope they remove such orders, difficulty should be challenging, not boring and luck-based.

Sizustar
Jun 28, 2012, 10:26 AM
Good news, Sakai and PSO2 team knows of the Desert stage problem and is currently investigating it

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=119&page=1

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
kill everything walk around always works

And after you checked every corners of the map and the emergency STILL didn't appear, what do you do? You thought I stood still at the entrance of area 3 while waiting for the emergency code to appear?

「希少鉱石発掘任務」クエストがクリアできない

クエスト「希少鉱石発掘任務」のエリア3にて、鉱石を発掘するためのエマージェンシートライアルが発生せず 、
クリアできないことがあるとのご報告をいただいております。

こちらにつきましては、調査を行っておりますので、申し訳ございませんがお待ちいただきますようお願いいた します。

開発チームからのコメント
エリア3に出現するエネミーを倒さないようにした場合に、発生しやすいようなので、現在のとこ ろは、
なるべくエネミーを倒していくことをお薦めします。

this says try killing the enemy around for now at the end. and yes it does work, always have been working for me.

Good news, Sakai and PSO2 team knows of the Desert stage problem and is currently investigating it

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=119&page=1

Miyoko
Jun 29, 2012, 04:49 AM
Fuck these missions, they can go suck a bag of dicks.

Hrith put it so perfectly :l