PDA

View Full Version : Tips on Fighting Catardran?

pikachief
Jun 26, 2012, 08:15 AM
maybe I'm just terrible at this game lol, maybe I'm too low of a level (13) but it took me about 15 minutes to fight the catardran solo! :/

is there some specific way to fight one of these or do I just keep shooting it in the face for the like 5 seconds that he's house of the ground?

riezahughes
Jun 26, 2012, 08:20 AM
I use Gibarta when he stretches his neck out, hitting all the weak spots. He's succeptable to freezing.

Natsuma
Jun 26, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hi!

Try to find an Ice weapon in the Auction House, it'll make things way easier.

What kind of weapon do you use?
If you're a Hunter, you just have to stay on his side, hit as much as you can and then just dodge everytime he's about to move.

MasterSpark
Jun 26, 2012, 08:27 AM
What class are you? If you're a force, I found that a foie or barta to the outstretched neck from above does the most damage to it.

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2012, 08:32 AM
maybe I'm just terrible at this game lol, maybe I'm too low of a level (13) but it took me about 15 minutes to fight the catardran solo! :/

is there some specific way to fight one of these or do I just keep shooting it in the face for the like 5 seconds that he's house of the ground?
If you're a Hunter, dodge and block alot, I defeated him in around 3~5 minutes as a lvl 14~15 Hunter (with the help of NPCs).
I want to record a video of the Caterdran mission, so later tonight I'm going to try deafeating him without NPCs.

If you're a Ranger, keep your distance and use weak bullet whenever possible (If you have the skill).

pikachief
Jun 26, 2012, 08:36 AM
I'm a ranger. I try keeping my distance but he just burrows underground whenever i get a safe distance.

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2012, 08:42 AM
I'm a ranger. I try keeping my distance but he just burrows underground whenever i get a safe distance.
This is from the Closed Beta, but shouldn't be too different in the Open Beta:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0D5B2rzmEs&t=18m35s

pikachief
Jun 26, 2012, 08:56 AM
This is from the Closed Beta, but shouldn't be too different in the Open Beta:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0D5B2rzmEs&t=18m35s

thanks :) I actually just did this strategy with 2 NPCs (how come it only lets you invite them sometimes and not other times?) and I killed the boss in 6 minutes as a lvl 13 :) I finished the run in 14 min but with 70% for the required enemy kills... I thought i had to do it in 13 min but I guess I can take a little more time for those kills now :)

Thanks everyone for the help :D

DoubleCannon
Jun 26, 2012, 09:05 AM
Well i am going to atempt this myself but from my rockbear experience I can say making my 2* weapon the whip thingy lol +10 has really helped damage wise plus it has range which helps. I cleared free forest at lv 11 S rank in just 8 min lol. im lv 13 now. should be interesting though

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 09:50 AM
thanks :) I actually just did this strategy with 2 NPCs (how come it only lets you invite them sometimes and not other times?) and I killed the boss in 6 minutes as a lvl 13 :) I finished the run in 14 min but with 70% for the required enemy kills... I thought i had to do it in 13 min but I guess I can take a little more time for those kills now :)

Thanks everyone for the help :D

Basically, if a mission has a multiparty area, and someone else has already invited that NPC, it's greyed out.

pigglywigglies
Jun 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'm playing there myself trying to get an S rank.

Failing though, but the boss itself is the least of my problems. I've found you don't really need NPC's for him.

If you're Force that is, I've found Great Swords work best. Just stay up close and in his mid section. Alot of his attacks will miss if you're close enough. If you block at the right time you can still just continue comboing him off that block.

Some hints, when he burrows underground, start charging a move. You have about 3-5 seconds when he pops out of the ground. Just remember to charge the move and walk around, not in a circle though just a straight line. When he pops out let him have it.

When he's in that rage thing, you might want to back off a bit and use charge or long distance moves.

His attacks are too fast to attack and block properly, and if you get hit, chances are you can get hit again.

All of this only applies if you're Force though. Also head shots take off more damage just so you know.

Alenoir
Jun 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
If you're a ranger, have your bait...I mean, NPCs, get its attention while you aim for its tail. Use an assault rifle + Weak Bullet for best result. (I manged to Sneak Shot it for 1k on an un-upgraded wrong element rifle.)

TierrenZX
Jun 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
I use a ranger too but I primarily stay close to the Catardran to keep him from burrowing under and wasting time. I just move constantly around him and he'll always try to stretch to get you allowing you to get free hits on either the exposed parts or his head.

Also, if he tries to get some distance from you, follow him. He'll usually try to hit you with his tail (if you're behind him when he stops) or charge at you again. It will take me ~3-5 minutes to beat him doing just that.

MasterChuck
Jun 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
Attack its weak point FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!