PDA

View Full Version : Big Spenders

MrShoestore
Jun 26, 2012, 09:14 AM
Out of curiosity, how many people here plan on(or would) buying AC/premium package during official release? Lets just assume that the game is Japan only, and you'll have to go through some effort I'm sure to buy AC, paypal maybe at best.

I know that when this game was first announced I was ready to buy a new pc just for it. Then with the game being free-to-play I thought "Yes! How excellent". I have a lot of fun playing the game, and if the way I have to support Sega for it is by buying AC for non-important items/abilities.. well... so be it.

And the premium package is about $15 a month, which is about the same as many other MMOs

I just find it strange how many people say "what!? you need AC for that!? Damn Sega always nickel and dime-ing us." Really? like, isn't every one here a PSO fan? Don't you want to give the developers money so they can keep making games?

VANNO
Jun 26, 2012, 09:44 AM
I already know for sure I'll be spending some money on this game. I'm always up for supporting things I like. But it's not really about liking something that makes people willing to spend. I think it's more of a budget issue when it comes to spending money on things like this.

JenTy
Jun 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
If I can afford it, and it's not to hard to do, I'll put some points.

Deja
Jun 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure of what the premium package offers, but I'm enjoying this game enough to definitely consider it.

eharima
Jun 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
hello.

Crysteon
Jun 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
I do intend to spend some money on this, but I will try to do it in a measured way. Last thing I would like to see is a humungous charging fee in my CC account statement, lol.

FOODFOOD
Jun 26, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'll put some money into it - probably buy a second character slot and maybe a few extras. I doubt I'll spend more than I would for a new PC game ($60).
I think I missed it somewhere, but is it going to cost money to trade items with people? I haven't played much of the Open Beta.

Khabarakh
Jun 26, 2012, 10:13 AM
I would pay as needed but I can't afford 15 a month.

Vylera
Jun 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
I don't spend on foreign versions of games.

Nor is PSO2 the kind of game where cash shop is needed.

FINALLY.

Scrub
Jun 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Depends on what you can buy. I wouldnt want to buy anything for gameplay purposes, but if theyre going to have new cosmetics/outfits then I wouldnt mind throwing down some cash.

MrShoestore
Jun 26, 2012, 10:26 AM
I'll put some money into it - probably buy a second character slot and maybe a few extras. I doubt I'll spend more than I would for a new PC game ($60).
I think I missed it somewhere, but is it going to cost money to trade items with people? I haven't played much of the Open Beta.

from what I understand, trading, extra storage and my room are a part of the premium package, so basically you "rent" them for like a month to 3 months at a time. I'm not sure If they will be available for separate purchase.

I except this is where they will get the bulk of their earnings.

Misare
Jun 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
I wonder if the person your trading to needs to also have it bought.

As long as it's not too hard to do, I'd like to support the game financially. Most of my stuff would be respecs, outfit related stuff, and trading.

Khabarakh
Jun 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
Depends on what you can buy. I wouldnt want to buy anything for gameplay purposes, but if theyre going to have new cosmetics/outfits then I wouldnt mind throwing down some cash.

This ^. And I'm pretty sure that's where it's headed. Fancy outfits, unusual hairstyles, just for fun weapons. I'm willing to put money down on that =p

VANNO
Jun 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
@Misare

I'm pretty sure that the other person has to buy "trade" too.

moeri
Jun 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
I just plan on buying premium clothes/cosmetic goods. Maybe a Mag or talent tree reset

Might put some money somewhere else if I am interested, but the premium services don't really interest me. Trading is a bit unusual though... I don't think I will actually need to trade, prefer to just get the items myself, more fun that way.

I know it said trading... but does that include personal shops? I couldn't find that information anywhere. (buying from personal shops)

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2012, 10:53 AM
I'm going to buy one or two character slots on launch, and every 3~4 months I'll buy 1 month of premium (depends if I'll actually need trading features or to make my own shop).

MasterChuck
Jun 26, 2012, 11:24 AM
Doubt it.

Zyrusticae
Jun 26, 2012, 11:25 AM
I plan on buying a character slot, 10 inventory expansion tickets (5 for each character), and maaaaybe a 90-day premium ticket, depending on how badly I need to use the shop (I could just use the FUN gacha for those).

I refuse to use the AC gachas. I don't gamble with RL money.

sjel
Jun 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
English version!

Zorian
Jun 26, 2012, 12:31 PM
I will but it really depends if there is going to be an English Version or not. I dont want to spend money on the JP version when a English Version gets announced.. I hope we find out soon.

AlMcFly
Jun 26, 2012, 12:45 PM
I will but on a staggered basis. Basically I'll pick up premium access whenever I have amassed a large amount of rares I want to sell at auction and a large amount of furniture items I want to play around with.

Peejay
Jun 26, 2012, 12:49 PM
Yup. I need my extra characters.

darkante
Jun 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
I´m gonna get 2 extra characters, plus if they got some cool parts or costumes i will be all over it.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately, I doubt it, assuming it does in fact stay Japanese only.

Now, if, let's say, they offer the menus in English and allow Steam support.....

[SPOILER-BOX]YES, SO MUCH YES![/SPOILER-BOX]

Macman
Jun 26, 2012, 01:12 PM
I'm waiting until I know more about the US release before throwing my money away. If the US release turns out to be PSU2 then I'll probably spend some cash sparingly on the JP version.

Best case scenario would be the US version is just the same client/servers with localization files, though.

Slidikins
Jun 26, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure of what the premium package offers, but I'm enjoying this game enough to definitely consider it.Pretty much the boat I'm in. I can definitely afford it but I need to see what I'm getting for the money.

Macman
Jun 26, 2012, 01:19 PM
Premium gives you direct-trade access, room access, and player shop access, and allows you to go to the premium user block. You also get to use a premium storage box for more items.

FOODFOOD
Jun 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
Yes, it will. People can only trade now in the OB freely because ArksCash is not available at the moment.

Will the Premium Monthly fee be the ONLY way to do trades??? The reason I ask is that I'll be playing with friends, and it'd be pretty dumb if I have to pay $15 every month just so that I can give him some monomates or a sword I just found and vice versa.

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
Even if you don't pay you can use other people's shops, you just can't set up your own.

Also if you want to trade very miniscule things with friends of yours you can always put it up for cheap and have him ready to buy it on the broker.

FOODFOOD
Jun 26, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hmmmm... that sounds very convoluted. I was more thinking of things like... We're in an area and he's out of Mates or Fluids. In PSO it was so easy to just drop them for him.
Or say I get a little ahead of him and I find some better gear for him (kind of like in D3). I can't just give him the gear?

Blackheart521
Jun 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
Hmmmm... that sounds very convoluted. I was more thinking of things like... We're in an area and he's out of Mates or Fluids. In PSO it was so easy to just drop them for him.
Or say I get a little ahead of him and I find some better gear for him (kind of like in D3). I can't just give him the gear?

You can drop trade consumables such as mates and atomizers since they are for the betterment of completing the mission but you cannot do the same with equipment ^^;

FOODFOOD
Jun 26, 2012, 02:31 PM
Ahhhh okay. Well that makes it a little better. Thanks!

Flevalt
Jun 26, 2012, 02:45 PM
If I can find a way to spend AC on the game I'd love to.
Right now I'm wondering how I could do that however since I'm not sure if Paypal even translates to Yen currency and I'm not especially keen on working with untrustworthy 3rd party members.

Shujinko
Jun 27, 2012, 02:03 AM
I guess it depends on what is in the store for me.

Darki
Jun 27, 2012, 02:51 AM
I suppose I'll buy a couple character slots, at least one more to have some variety to play, and a mag for it unless there's a free mag for each character. In any case, I don't think I'll do a full premium package unless special ocasions, like long holidays or time I can actually "waste" playing.

I plan on spending some AC on improving a bit of my character apperance, making her a bit taller, with atms a bit shorter, and some minor face changes. and apart from that... Maybe a skill reset and a new mag for her, I'm not sure.

I know I'll try it eventually but my intention is not to use the AC scratch, I don't wanna gamble with real money either.

Angelo
Jun 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
I really don't have a problem paying for AC. I actually prefer the f2p model.

The only problem I have is that the pricing right now is a little ridiculous. 15$ USD for premium is just not flying with me. That's the price for an MMO sub, and this game, for as much as I love it, is not an MMO.

I'd be happy paying about 8 USD for premium, and then spending 12 or so dollars a month on extra junk.

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 27, 2012, 03:19 AM
No, because their shop insults me and is everything I hate about many cash shop features. I have to pay an mmo sub for a few basic core game features, then I STILL have to also pay additional for everything else any other game would give me for that price, plus a stupid lottery.

Their cash shop pisses me off basically. It feels like a ripoff, but its a very sega way to make a great game and bad business decisions I guess...they always try to squeeze too much out and people end up wandering off.

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 04:25 AM
No, because their shop insults me and is everything I hate about many cash shop features. I have to pay an mmo sub for a few basic core game features, then I STILL have to also pay additional for everything else any other game would give me for that price, plus a stupid lottery.

Their cash shop pisses me off basically. It feels like a ripoff, but its a very sega way to make a great game and bad business decisions I guess...they always try to squeeze too much out and people end up wandering off.

I would love too but I feel like this too... I would actually prefer them to sell a little bit of direct power, maybe increased grinding items and such outside of the gacha, so they had gaurantied money coming in so the premium wasn't $15+... if they lower the premium price tho, I'd jump on it like a dog on bacon!!!!

Silver_Wyrm
Jun 27, 2012, 04:53 AM
I would love too but I feel like this too... I would actually prefer them to sell a little bit of direct power, maybe increased grinding items and such outside of the gacha, so they had gaurantied money coming in so the premium wasn't $15+... if they lower the premium price tho, I'd jump on it like a dog on bacon!!!!

the premium just doesnt offer enough for its price. That and I don't like pseudo-subs in "free" games. We should pay for it and get it, with some exceptions, they can make money off new clothes...except with this stupid lottery new clothes will require dumping money into random tickets I'm sure a lot of people will NOT be keen on doing, especially if they did it before and had most of the clothes.

Its a shop that assumes we are stupid. We have to pay an mmo sub for less than an mmo, then pay for random chance to get clothes, and assumes we will keep buying to get what we want (new clothes come out, we must buy more lottery tickets, but chance to get what we want has decreased now, making more money "needed"). They are trying to make p2p and f2p money at same time by offering us less from both for money payed.

tldr; i mad

texhnolyze
Jun 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
if there's a life-time premium i'll buy it
perhaps around $50, just like buying a pc game
$15 a month is too much for a dungeon crawler mmo, yes it's different but it's still a dungeon crawler IMHO

eharima
Jun 27, 2012, 08:09 AM
Is it safe to assume the current AC prices in game reflect release price then?

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
I think so. Previous Alpha and Beta tests were used to, among other things, determine the future prices of AC services, and they don't allow us to use AC right now, so, unless there is an unrest about their outrageous prices going on somewhere in Japan right now, things will cost the same in the final release as they do now.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
I would like to purchase Arkz Cash, but I don't see me doing it before localization and the ability to pay in dollars.