PDA

View Full Version : Characteristics

VANNO
Jun 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I tend to look at other people's characters a lot. Some characters really stand out. So just out of curiosity, what character characteristics stand out to you? What characteristics do you see popular with others? What Characteristics do you personally like (that is or isn't on your character)?

For me bright green hair really stands out from the crowed. There is a girl running around with bright green hair and I can always tell who she is(though I never talked to her). For a popular characteristic I notice a lot of cast are black with blue/red lines. It even got to the point where I thought I ran past the same person.

Adelheid
Jun 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
The characters characteristics that stand out to me are all the ones my character has.

Khabarakh
Jun 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
You're talking about Demographics? - Current statistical characteristics of a population. It would be interesting to see the population spread. You should take a census of Ship 2, Vanno. =p

Misare
Jun 26, 2012, 10:33 AM
To me, Phantasy Star games need bright, unnatural hair colors.

Gama
Jun 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
Hm if i get a recolour ticket for my humar outfit trust me ill go several shades of red.

goldwing
Jun 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
Theres this one guy named zeo i think. Hes got green hair i thought his char was pretty cool. Also i like remchus char for some odd reason and last but not least there was this one female char i saw in block 30 shes one of the natives of japan so idk her name but if i ever see her again ill take a pic of her. She was awesome!

Zorian
Jun 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
I like evil looking characters. I tried to model my newman somewhat after Zio from Phantasy Star 4. I always thought he looked awesome and was an awesome villain.

moeri
Jun 26, 2012, 12:44 PM
short child like ones... but that is just because I like that type of character

VANNO
Jun 26, 2012, 01:31 PM
You're talking about Demographics? - Current statistical characteristics of a population. It would be interesting to see the population spread. You should take a census of Ship 2, Vanno. =p
^
I was mainly just interested, but if I did have the time I wouldn't mind creating one. Maybe do something similar with what Sega did with CB and Alpha.

MrShoestore
Jun 26, 2012, 01:47 PM
I see a lot of people with young-looking characters.

I however made a middle-aged cowboy... and I tend to notice other people who are set up as cowboys as well... they are my natural enemies... this town/ship ain't big enough....actually I wonder how many "cowboy" characters there are.....

XionAsuka
Jun 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
I just went with a plain/blah black and gray motif for my Cast. Nothing to really stand out or make people stop and look at my character. =p

LK1721
Jun 26, 2012, 01:53 PM

I however made a middle-aged cowboy... and I tend to notice other people who are set up as cowboys as well... they are my natural enemies... this town/ship ain't big enough....actually I wonder how many "cowboy" characters there are.....
My character is set up a bit like a cowgirl type.

As for the topic: My character is rather average looking, to be honest. But, I tend to notice people who use the less common hairstyles more than hair colors (I have seen a rainbow by now.)

Blackheart521
Jun 26, 2012, 01:57 PM

Some call me a space cowboy... yeayuhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOKJikcYMk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOKJikcYMk

Gardios
Jun 26, 2012, 01:57 PM
If they have an interesting colour scheme I take a second look at the character. Other than that I like to zoom in on small characters to see how cute they are and on tall characters because my character's usually towering above everyone else and is not on eye height with others.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
if i could load more then 5 people, I'd certainly look at more characters+^_^+

Phaesphora
Jun 26, 2012, 02:42 PM
On my ship and block I tend to see more caseals than anything else, by a healthy margin. As such there are more variations to be seen, but because of their pervasiveness they stand out less to me than a tall RAnewm or a squat, stocky FOmar.

I suppose this means that race and body shape are what I first take note of, but I only ever see other players for a few moments in passing anyway.