PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is Wired Lance a PA weapon?

cloudzer00
Jun 26, 2012, 01:30 PM
Did anyone else notice that Wired Lance has weak normal attacks compared to other Hunter weapons but strong PAs?

I have a +10 4 star Wired Lance with 263 attack and every "just attack" does 55-105 damage.
I equiped a Sword with 176 attack just to test how much damage it does and do 95-185 hits with it.

If i compare their PA damage Wired Lance does 300-600 damage with various PAs and the sword only 180-320 damage.

Maybe the reason for the weak normal attacks for a Wired Lances is that they have an huge attack range and the sword does not?

Level 14 Hunter
Ability Mag

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 01:35 PM
Wired lances also hit multiple times per attack (except the first one).

But they do have some nice PAs. They have a PA that can even push bosses around (launches a whirlwind that draws stuff in while hitting em)

cloudzer00
Jun 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
I already have all PAs for Swords and Wired Lances.
I just noticed that normal hits are a bit on the weak side for wired lance but have really strong PAs compared to other weapons.

A sword with 100 less attack power still does more damage with normal hits than a wired lances does.
Wired Lances only have one attack with multiple hits. The second attack does 2 weak hits, 1st and 3rd attack only hit 1 time.

BIG OLAF
Jun 26, 2012, 01:45 PM
Also, the PA power with Wire Lance Gear is brutal. I do about 300-400+ a tick when I use that shock taser PA on an enemy's weak point. Basically kills anything in 10 seconds or less.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 26, 2012, 01:46 PM
Wired lance has much more range than the sword, and therefore can hit more targets at once. I think that the wired lance is more for disabling or stalling enemies, because of the PA's, while swords are just raw damage.

Slidikins
Jun 26, 2012, 01:47 PM
Maybe the reason for the weak normal attacks for a Wired Lances is that they have an huge attack range and the sword does not?

Large range. Multiple enemies. Wired Lance is a crowd control weapon. You can damage a wide range of enemies with one combo, and then PA one and damage the others. (All 3 of the PAs I have grab a target and do some splash damage in one way or another.) Because of the great crowd control, it's going to do less damage. Also, the early hits in the combo are considerably weapon than the later hits I've noticed.

At Lv13, A combo could start at ~60-75 damage a hit, but the final normal attack might do ~175 damage. Yes, the PAs do tons more damage, but hitting everyone on the screen for ~75 multiple times is what it's for. My Spear is comparable but I save it for bosses due to the better crowd control.
(Note: Using a +5 1* Wired Lance)

Scotty T
Jun 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
1.4k on a dagan's weak part with rising fall, good stuff.

gigawuts
Jun 26, 2012, 01:53 PM
1.4k on a dagan's weak part with rising fall, good stuff.

I grabbed a 2278 damage hit yesterday with all three gear bars filled and rising fall, and it was glorious. The Wired Lance really is something nice, the range and ability to pick up enemies with PA's to stumble a whole group with bits of damage is where it really shines. The flying darkers can be managed without an issue at low levels as well, with the assortment of PA's that grab an enemy for some period of time.

That, and I get to curb stomp then hug and ground pound baby rappies, so you know.

Khabarakh
Jun 26, 2012, 01:57 PM
Think about DPS too - sword gets like 10~ hits in 15 seconds, whereas WL gets 20~

cloudzer00
Jun 26, 2012, 01:58 PM
So i am not the only one who noticed that Wired Lance does a lot of damage with PAs.
Cannot wait for it to use my Wired Lance with Fury Stance and Crit Stance.
I only thought that it is a bit weird that upgrading does not really make a huge difference for normal attacks but gives PAs a huge buff.

Cyclon
Jun 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
That is absolutely correct. And that is why its gear gauge can only be filled using normal attacks.

The third attack is awesome though. Decent damage and incredible range. And the dash attack hits twice. I'd say it's well balanced.

Scrub
Jun 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
Fuck whatever move you assholes use to grab an enemy and magically teleport it halfway across the zone out of my fireballs.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
Wired lance has much more range than the sword, and therefore can hit more targets at once. I think that the wired lance is more for disabling or stalling enemies, because of the PA's, while swords are just raw damage.

Yeah, Wired Lance is definitely the ideal crowd control weapon. Also, it's dramatically safer - you can be unloading PAs on a rockbear's head WHILE ITS PUNCHING and it still won't hit you. Then it falls and you hit it some more.

Also, the step attack hits twice too. It has far more hits than sword and a ridiculously large attack range, so it's not surprising swords hit harder.

The only reason I don't use the Taser is because it can't be cancelled (like most of the WL PAs, actually), and takes forever to end. My current combo preference is the dash kick into the whirlwind throw. Once I find it again, I intend to put the vertical jump/throw in between the two.