PDA

View Full Version : Just updates on the English patch

outrage077
Jun 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hello I'm new to this site but I've been in the Phantasy Star Universe for a long time. i don't speak or read Japanese so for other people who are in the same predicament I'm in, this thread is probably where you want to look for updates.

Currently there is NO English patches for the game(sad to say). :-(
but the creator of the closed beta English patch is working on it so when he is done i will update this.

Slidikins
Jun 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
For the umpteenth time, you can't link to that site. Plus there's already threads about this.
[EDIT] There are also several guides on this site for translating items, menus, client boards, and even story chapters.

Ogni-XR21
Jun 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
Talk about the english patch is not allowed here, there is even a sticky about this right on top.

Since this site does not want any trouble with or from Sega "patch talk" is strictly prohibited.

Blackheart521
Jun 26, 2012, 02:10 PM
Talk about the english patch is not allowed here, there is even a sticky about this right on top.

Since this site does not want any trouble with or from Sega "patch talk" is strictly prohibited.

We can talk, just no links or letting people know where it can be found ^^;

Khabarakh
Jun 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
"2. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., English patch, etc) is also not allowed here. "

Doesn't say anything about talk. And if you don't know how to use "the google"... well there's no hope for you in that case.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
inb4 mod edit/lock/delete+^_^+
as for Agrjag's work, i figured he's doing what we're all doing and enjoying the game+^_^+ we will get English sooner or later, have some patience +^_^+

1.Asking and/or begging for accounts here is prohibited. Account sharing/giving away is not allowed either. However, giving out the included friend account invites to other members is acceptable.

2. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., English patch, etc) is also not allowed here.

If there is any question as to why these two things are forbidden, it's because they both fall under the risky game of legality issues. PSO-World does not officially support such actions, as stated in the rules here.

outrage077
Jun 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
OK so i edited the post so we can talk about it. and i removed the link so this post doesn't get deleted hopefully

Jazneo
Jun 26, 2012, 04:31 PM
I think they should make a big sticky say on the title Dont Post info on english patch then you wont get people post this. just give you guys advice. or just get new people ask you over and over

RedRaz0r
Jun 26, 2012, 04:34 PM
I think they should make a big stick say on the title Dont Post info on english patch then you wont get people post this. just give you guys advice. or just get new people ask you over and over

There is a sticky thread that says that.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194241

Jazneo
Jun 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
There is a sticky thread that says that.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194241

add the English in front of it lol then they just click that

supervamp78
Jun 26, 2012, 05:59 PM
Well they are still working on it and it should be done some time soon. So don't worry.

Hayde
Jun 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here, it's probably best that the link was not shown here--even if it was allowed. Generally, I feel like many of the users here that have registered in the last few weeks (I am not saying everyone, just a decent number) seem to be very impatient and whiny about the English patch.

I'm sure the last thing the creator needs is that influx of members moving over to that forum and bugging the crap out of him.

outrage077
Jun 26, 2012, 07:51 PM
Playing the devil's advocate here, it's probably best that the link was not shown here--even if it was allowed. Generally, I feel like many of the users here that have registered in the last few weeks (I am not saying everyone, just a decent number) seem to be very impatient and whiny about the English patch.

I'm sure the last thing the creator needs is that influx of members moving over to that forum and bugging the crap out of him.

i agree with you and that is why i took down the link i will still post updates and stuff but no links. and i don't mind playing without English its kinda fun, but i do prefer it.

njdss4
Jun 26, 2012, 08:47 PM
I completely understand that it takes time to crack the encryption on the new language files and translate the text, and that the folks involved are using their FREE TIME to do this for us for FREE, and I love them for it. I just wish we had an estimate on when the patch *might* be done.

I'm still playing PSO2 anyway, but I'd be much less frustrated if I could read the menus and quests without having to alt-tab out every few minutes trying to match hiragana/katakana/kanji with the translation guides.

supervamp78
Jun 27, 2012, 05:09 AM
I don't know i understand why people would be impatient but i don't see why posting links would be a problem

Sayuri Stardust
Jun 27, 2012, 05:31 AM
I don't know i understand why people would be impatient but i don't see why posting links would be a problem

Once again

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2739500#post2739500

Bradders
Jun 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
When and if the english patch is done someone should create a thank you thread on the forums (with the reasons for thanks blanked for obvious reasons) to show our appreciation.

Not that i need it now anyway my mind has pretty much mapped out every menu icon now would be good for story though.

Tenlade
Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
I completely understand that it takes time to crack the encryption on the new language files and translate the text, and that the folks involved are using their FREE TIME to do this for us for FREE, and I love them for it. I just wish we had an estimate on when the patch *might* be done.

I'm still playing PSO2 anyway, but I'd be much less frustrated if I could read the menus and quests without having to alt-tab out every few minutes trying to match hiragana/katakana/kanji with the translation guides.

I'm just kinda curious just what it is they're doing. I kinda enjoy listening about the technical stuff they do to make the patches work. It also helps to give a good understanding of how the patch is coming along and why it might still take a while, instead of just coming by and asking every day if its finished.

Jiraiza
Jun 27, 2012, 01:22 PM
If you're interested in the technical details, you can ask the man himself in the IRC channel. He's usually open to explaining a little of it.

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
If you're interested in the technical details, you can ask the man himself in the IRC channel. He's usually open to explaining a little of it.

Please do not give anyone the link to the IRC plenty of people are on it already plus I don't think some people on there want people from here coming onto their IRC.

Anyways what Sega did was upgraded their system thing to a V4 instead of V3 like in the closed beta they had, Agrajag has to teach himself the code which is hard cause they made it hard so no one can hack it plus it's also in Japanese on top of the coding he needs to teach himself, I doubt it will be a short while.

outrage077
Jun 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
Please do not give anyone the link to the IRC plenty of people are on it already plus I don't think some people on there want people from here coming onto their IRC.

Anyways what Sega did was upgraded their system thing to a V4 instead of V3 like in the closed beta they had, Agrajag has to teach himself the code which is hard cause they made it hard so no one can hack it plus it's also in Japanese on top of the coding he needs to teach himself, I doubt it will be a short while.

but cant you edit the files using notepad? ive done it for a game before.

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
but cant you edit the files using notepad? ive done it for a game before.

You don't understand how hard it is to understand sense the game is "Closed source " which means they make it where no one can read it and hack the game.

However if Agrajag get's past he can finish the patch.

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm glad I understand a little japanese. It's not alot, but its enough for me to get by. I don't want to mess around with this hack patch.

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
I'm glad I understand a little japanese. It's not alot, but its enough for me to get by. I don't want to mess around with this hack patch.

This patch won't get you banned.

outrage077
Jun 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
However if Agrajag get's past he can finish the patch.[/QUOTE]

ive always wanted to learn stuff like this but i cant find any lessons so if you know any please share

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
However if Agrajag get's past he can finish the patch.

ive always wanted to learn stuff like this but i cant find any lessons so if you know any please share[/QUOTE]

go to the bookstore and buy a book on hacking. that's the best way to get started imo

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
Don't ask me haha.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2012, 03:41 PM
I think they should make a big sticky say on the title Dont Post info on english patch then you wont get people post this.
There is not enough text room in this box for me to post how sarcastically I would laugh at this.

We have shitloads of stickies that NO ONE EVER READS. because the people who join are too stupid to use the search function, or read the surprisingly relevant stickies. I wish we could make it mandatory to read some of the stickies before you post for the first time.

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 03:52 PM
There is not enough text room in this box for me to post how sarcastically I would laugh at this.

We have shitloads of stickies that NO ONE EVER READS. because the people who join are too stupid to use the search function, or read the surprisingly relevant stickies. I wish we could make it mandatory to read some of the stickies before you post for the first time.

owned.

Nemhy
Jun 27, 2012, 03:56 PM
Isn't there already a big thread talking about the english patch? We don't really need another...

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Isn't there already a big thread talking about the english patch? We don't really need another...

People starting asking for links to be sent via PMs and it got locked.

outrage077
Jun 27, 2012, 04:20 PM
People starting asking for links to be sent via PMs and it got locked.

this isnt a thread thats for links. its for people to know if the patch is released or when it is and if its working. not links will be given on here, although i may hint on how to find it a.k.a google. ^^;

supervamp78
Jun 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Once again

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2739500#post2739500
-rolls my eyes- That's not what i was getting at thank you.

Search functions on fourms always suck and are pretty useless

outrage077
Jun 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
OK so i got Japanese characters to finally show on my PC so im going to try and work on a E****** P****, if it works then ill probably share it but not here.

RedRaz0r
Jun 29, 2012, 12:08 PM
-rolls my eyes- That's not what i was getting at thank you.

Search functions on fourms always suck and are pretty useless

Actually, they are very useful and very good. Try using one correctly sometime when there is info you are looking for.

Scales_of_Air
Jun 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
OK so i got Japanese characters to finally show on my PC so im going to try and work on a E****** P****, if it works then ill probably share it but not here.

You must be good at dealing with encryption.

outrage077
Jun 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
You must be good at dealing with encryption.

what? lol i dont know anything about encryption lol but wont hurt to try right? :D

RedRaz0r
Jun 29, 2012, 12:34 PM
what? lol i dont know anything about encryption lol but wont hurt to try right? :D

Hate to be a party pooper, and I admire your optimism, but you don't know anything about encryption then you won't even be able to look at the files in which you need to translate, let alone edit them

outrage077
Jun 29, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hate to be a party pooper, and I admire your optimism, but you don't know anything about encryption then you won't even be able to look at the files in which you need to translate, let alone edit them

can you tell me where to find some lessons? or stuff i need to start working with encryption and editing it?

RedRaz0r
Jun 29, 2012, 12:41 PM
can you tell me where to find some lessons? or stuff i need to start working with encryption and editing it?

Wish I could, but I don't know how to do any of that stuff myself. I just know what it is and a bit on how it works...lol

eharima
Jun 29, 2012, 12:42 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICE_(cipher)

School'em bro.

outrage077
Jun 29, 2012, 02:20 PM
ok so i pretty much got the concept of encryption but i need to know if there's a problem i have to use to decrypt a the file to edit the text in it.

Cyrusnagisa
Jun 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
ok so i pretty much got the concept of encryption but i need to know if there's a problem i have to use to decrypt a the file to edit the text in it.

.....you have to be kidding....... you really think you can look at that wiki article, and just make and English patch for PSo2...... you know now long and hard a group (that I can not mention) has been working on one, and still trying to work out the encryption properly?...... -.-

Jiraiza
Jun 29, 2012, 02:27 PM

I think you should just leave it to the people who know what they're doing. More power to you if you want to learn about it though.

outrage077
Jun 29, 2012, 02:28 PM
.....you have to be kidding....... you really think you can look at that wiki article, and just make and English patch for PSo2...... you know now long and hard a group (that I can not mention) has been working on one, and still trying to work out the encryption properly?...... -.-

i didnt look at just the wiki page, and im just gonna try its not like im saying i can do it. besides ive always wanted to learn stuff like this :D

Chik'Tikka
Jun 29, 2012, 03:05 PM
my advice if you want to get help learning about file encryption, is to Google the closed beta English patch, find the actual website that hosted it (it's the .biz one) and ask on their forums+^_^+ that site should already have all the files translated, from what i hear, it's getting the patch to work that's holding everyone up+^_^+

Tulio07
Jun 29, 2012, 03:08 PM

http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

episode 125 is a good one to check. Good luck though. Even if you know how encryption works and which encryption standard they used, if the data was properly encrypted, you'll never crack it in even a million lifetimes with current computing technology.

Hayde
Jun 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

episode 125 is a good one to check. Good luck though. Even if you know how encryption works and which encryption standard they used, if the data was properly encrypted, you'll never crack it in even a million lifetimes with current computing technology.

I'm not trying to be rude...but I get the impression Outrage believes that there's a magical text file in the installation folder that contains all the Japanese text--that he just simply needs to open it in Notepad and decode it like a puzzle...

Still, I applaud you for pointing him in the right direction.

outrage077
Jun 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not trying to be rude...but I get the impression Outrage believes that there's a magical text file in the installation folder that contains all the Japanese text--that he just simply needs to open it in Notepad and decode it like a puzzle...

Still, I applaud you for pointing him in the right direction.

well when i downloaded the closed beta translations i opened the untranslated files and they had boxes, which to me ment i needed to download that japanese text for windows and ill see the characters. sadly it didnt work lol when i opened it again all i saw was "?4U<f5]5`P.l长,{@G yHED4L
|ϏoYi" and that's just a tiny bit of it all. and to some people that think im learning from scratch (no computer editing know how at all) ive edited alot of games for myself, and i am currently working on a indie game for xbox. i just never tryed editing
a already made and encrypted file.

Hayde
Jun 29, 2012, 06:05 PM
well when i downloaded the closed beta translations i opened the untranslated files and they had boxes, which to me ment i needed to download that japanese text for windows and ill see the characters. sadly it didnt work lol when i opened it again all i saw was "?4U<f5]5`P.l•,{@G yHE™D4L
‘|ϏoYi" and that's just a tiny bit of it all. and to some people that think im learning from scratch (no computer editing know how at all) ive edited alot of games for myself, and i am currently working on a indie game for xbox. i just never tryed editing
a already made and encrypted file.

You keep claiming that you know what you're doing, but you just opened the data files with a word processing program; since when has computer games ever been that easy to decrypt? These aren't simple, uncompiled source code files--you can't just open them with notepad or some compiler and expect to be able to just edit them like that.

Randomness
Jun 29, 2012, 06:10 PM
You keep claiming that you know what you're doing, but you just opened the data files with a word processing program; since when has computer games ever been that easy to decrypt? These aren't simple, uncompiled source code files--you can't just open them with notepad or some compiler and expect to be able to just edit them like that.

Yep, opening in a word processing program is basically telling the computer to interpret the data AS IF it were that format.

It's not, so you get gibberish.