PDA

View Full Version : Best graphics configuration settings

GH0
Jun 26, 2012, 07:53 PM
I have been trying to figure out the best way to manage the graphics settings for PSO2.

My current setup is as follows:

AMD X6 1100T
MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr III/Lightning

(really all that matters)

Anyways, with everything set to On, and my character detail mapping at 100, I can get roughly around 60FPS. However, it likes to dip in to the low 30's. Before editing anything I would get a smooth 60, so now I am sortave lost, because I can't really reset anything.

I am wondering if it would be a better idea to manage the graphics using thhe nVidia control panel, or if a nVidia 3D settings will eventually appear as this does appear to be mainly a nVidia "optimized" game.

If not, could you tell me (or show pictures) of your current graphics setup?

Thanks.

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 07:58 PM
I have everything "ON" with everything set on MAX at 1920x1080. I have a GTX470 with an AMD X4 Phenom II 955 3.2Ghz (OC'd to 3.7) and in combat I run pretty steadily above 100+...

Have you tried doing some computer cleaning and registry cleaning? Your game should be running better with those specs.

GH0
Jun 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
Well, it was running with 200FPS before I fiddled with things. :\ So I am not sure what I did.

I don't defrag, only because I have an SSD. As far as registry cleaning, it is almost a nearly brand new install of 7, so registry cleaning shouldn't be an issue.

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 08:01 PM
Have you tried using Nvidia Injector or any other third party programs to turn on things like Ambient Occlusion? My game ran quite poorly when I tried doing that and turning it off seemed to help a lot.

GH0
Jun 26, 2012, 08:02 PM
Nope, haven't done that. :(

Found my configuration file as well:
http://pastebin.com/f0hyS3cg

At least, I think it is. pso2_spec_log is the file name.

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 08:06 PM
Can I ask if you are getting the FPS dips in the field or just in the lobby? You'd probably need a pretty new generation i5 or i7 to keep above 60 in lobbies with lots of people since that is definitely processor based. I too drop FPS quite a bit in lobby so that's why I was asking.

gravityvx
Jun 26, 2012, 08:13 PM
Running at around 120 fps out of combat & lobby, 70ish in large combat(many enemies+spell effects) with everything maxed at 1680x1050 res, gtx 460 with oc, 4.4ghz amd quad core. I think the game is mainly cpu intensive over graphics card, upgraded only a few weeks ago to new processor and I had the same issue as you. The main thing lowers frame rate is the shader & slow cpu from what i've examined(though your cpu doesn't look that slow at a glance), they may or may not be the cause. Try changing the shader to off and see what happens, because thats the only thing i can think of that could even cause such a drastic change besides cpu speed or low memory.

Blicen
Jun 26, 2012, 08:21 PM
I'm on a Core i5 2500k with a EVGA GTX 570 Classified and an SSD as well running everything maxed. I usually stay consistently above 60FPS but I've noticed sometimes when I get on everything is either super smooth or sluggishly slow.

For some reason loading EVGA precision somehow corrects any video related lag that I would randomly get when I get sluggish performance, I don't know why but it just does. I like to use EVGA precision to monitor usage and temps and my custom fan profile but I wouldn't really have an explanation to why it would suddenly get rid of that slow performance you're experiencing as well.

I would figure it would be some kind of optimization problems but I've no idea. You could give this a shot as well.

DreXxiN
Jun 26, 2012, 08:30 PM
I'm on a Core i5 2500k with a EVGA GTX 570 Classified and an SSD as well running everything maxed. I usually stay consistently above 60FPS but I've noticed sometimes when I get on everything is either super smooth or sluggishly slow.

For some reason loading EVGA precision somehow corrects any video related lag that I would randomly get when I get sluggish performance, I don't know why but it just does. I like to use EVGA precision to monitor usage and temps and my custom fan profile but I wouldn't really have an explanation to why it would suddenly get rid of that slow performance you're experiencing as well.

I would figure it would be some kind of optimization problems but I've no idea. You could give this a shot as well.

There are a lot of strange things that happen in PSO2. I have to use Firefox instead of Chrome because Chrome won't load any webpages when PSO2 is running :P.

probably
Jun 26, 2012, 09:30 PM
Firefox has a memory leak issue where it'll randomly start using massive chunks of your CPU time.

Might want to try closing it to see if it improves your performance. Check task manager as well when you close it, since it doesn't always close properly.

ZeroRageX
Jun 27, 2012, 04:21 AM
I'm running an i5 2500k with 8gig ram and an EVGA 560 and I'm consistently getting well over 150+ at all times at max settings (1920x1080) and if I leave the framerate cap disabled. I get spikes upwards of 175-200 fps depending upon conditions.

I would update drivers and check under task manager to see what is sucking up all your memory. Unless you went into .ini files, there really shouldn't be much of anything that would kill your fps by that magnitude

GH0
Jun 28, 2012, 05:13 PM
I was attempting to do this in the Lobby.

I don't use Firefox.

I will have to check it tomorrow when I might have some free time. Work & spanish are kicking me. :(

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
There are a lot of strange things that happen in PSO2. I have to use Firefox instead of Chrome because Chrome won't load any webpages when PSO2 is running :P.

uninstall and reinstall all instances of Adobe (from control panel, then official site)+^_^+ fixed all of my browser issues while running PSO2+^_^+ (i have no idea why, but i think there might have been a registry conflict of some sort after PSO2 installed) of course, my issues were with Mozilla, i had bad experiences with chrome+^_^+

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
For the record, the lobby is almost always choppy for me, and I have a core i5 at 4.5 GHz, 16 GBs of RAM, and two GTX 560s in SLI with 2GB VRAM apiece.

And the game itself is on my SSD drive.

Now, if the game is suffering outside of the lobbies, that's another matter entirely...

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:36 PM
uninstall and reinstall all instances of Adobe (from control panel, then official site)+^_^+ fixed all of my browser issues while running PSO2+^_^+ (i have no idea why, but i think there might have been a registry conflict of some sort after PSO2 installed) of course, my issues were with Mozilla, i had bad experiences with chrome+^_^+

Wow, thanks! Will do that! Much more of a Chrome fan than a Firefox fan these days.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
For the record, the lobby is almost always choppy for me, and I have a core i5 at 4.5 GHz, 16 GBs of RAM, and two GTX 560s in SLI with 2GB VRAM apiece.

And the game itself is on my SSD drive.

Now, if the game is suffering outside of the lobbies, that's another matter entirely...

Ouch, yeah..I don't think there's a modern Massively Multiplayer game out right now that is optimized well enough for even the best CPU's to handle the strain of it's most populated gathering area at above 60 FPS on a constant basis.

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm absolutely certain the problem is simply because of the fact that the game uses a non-large address aware 32-bit executable, which limits its total RAM usage to 2GBs, which is just plain awful for a modern PC game. It's because of this limit that I can't just load everyone into memory at once, and it's also because of this limit that the game eventually just bugs out on me after extended play sessions.

LionHeart-
Jun 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
Just throwing it out there. You are not playing it through Steam are you? I found when I did, it kinda slowed me down a bit, so I just turn it off now.

darkfalz16
Jun 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
i have i7 950 and evga 580 6 gb of ram and i only get 60 fps in field and 55 in lobby so idk by i have vertical sync on

FerrPSO
Jul 6, 2012, 04:20 AM
In my case I have a Phenom IIX4 955 and a GTX460 1GB OC edition.

Playing in 1080p with everything maxed (cause I didnt really had any change of score in benchmark between max and medium settings).

I have the game capped at 60 cause I dont really like when FPS moves a lot. In lobby, I get to 40ish when characters appears, after that is 60 fps.

In field is always 60 fps but I noticed it drops to 40/50ish when theres a lot of explosions and shit in multipartys areas (mainly city area with Protection codes), and seems like it skips fps.
I OCed the care more (to 720 mhz to 790 mhz) but did not gain a single fps in those drops.