PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking caves.

Seiku
Jun 27, 2012, 01:31 AM
Alright I'm at a wall, for completing this quest for Koffee.

I just can't kill fast enough to beat the 15 minute timer.

I'm a level 12 Hunter, I do nothing but just attacks and aim for the sweet spots with claws. It just seems like either I didn't kill enough enemies or whatever for S rank, or I dont meet the time?

Any tips would be appreciated.

<3 Seiku

moorebounce
Jun 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
Here you go

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee

It helps to get as many real players helping because using NPCs to fight bosses are a pain.

browser
Jun 27, 2012, 01:40 AM
Friends help, bring bots if you don't have any

Seiku
Jun 27, 2012, 02:03 AM
Been using bots when they'll come.. guess i just gotta find peeps!

vanth88
Jun 27, 2012, 02:28 AM
I was able to solo with the AI and unlock it at level 12.

The way to do it is skip the entire first area. Don't even bother killing anything.
Then by the time you get to the second area you should have about 8 or so minutes so walk around killing things as they pass by but make sure you get the two code emergencies in under 10 or 11 minutes.

Keep killing stuff till you have about 4-5 minutes on the clock then go on ahead and fight the boss. It takes me about 4 minutes or so to kill the boss but depending on how good you are you can probably do it faster.

Seiku
Jun 27, 2012, 03:25 AM
Thanks Vanth, didn't know about skipping 1st floor, I've managed to get the boss kill down to 1:30 then again I grinded my claws to +9 and have 30 light on it, with three abilities..

Seiku
Jun 27, 2012, 03:37 AM
Just got IT! thanks so much for the advice!

Ueno54
Jun 27, 2012, 04:34 AM
Don't underestimate the use of Afin if you drag NPCs along for your Vol Dragon. He landed weak bullet on the face and I managed to unload about a horrible beating with Bartas before it wore off. Would have been a 21+ min fight without having that weak spot.

TelleT
Jun 27, 2012, 04:44 AM
You can skip most of the mobs, just keep in mind to clear all codes. Since you only need to kill enemies worth total of 700 points for the S-rank.

No clue how to calculate that whatsoever. :P

vanth88
Jun 27, 2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks Vanth, didn't know about skipping 1st floor, I've managed to get the boss kill down to 1:30 then again I grinded my claws to +9 and have 30 light on it, with three abilities..

Just got IT! thanks so much for the advice!

Your welcome I'm glad I could help :)

Hopefully everyone else sees this so they don't do what I did and waste a few days trying to get S rank on this lol