PDA

View Full Version : Event Hosting an Event for all level 30s, inquire within.

Priest
Jun 27, 2012, 02:51 AM
What: I find there are too many of us soloing free quests with NPCs, scattered about, and there is never a good room open for multiparty. I want to fix that. I would like us all to get together, at least 12 people, for a full multiparty rare hunting session. Personally I would like to pick Hard Mode Free Caves area 2, for PSE burst madness and Vol Dragon and Ragne spawns. This means no going to boss, just killing everything that moves.

Where: I would like to choose Ship 2 block 30, as it the 20 blocks might be too full and don't want people locked out.

When: I will be starting at 2:00pm EST and running until maintenance starts at 9:00pm.

Disclaimer: This event is for mostly hardcore players, players that get bored easily need not apply. I am not responsible for any rares lost or stolen by rappies.

Please post if you are interested in joining, and if we have more than 12 people we can always start more parties!! If this turns out well, maybe we can make it a regular thing, or start a team. Let's find some rares so we can feel satisfied when we can't play for a full 27 hours!

Thank you for your interest.

Adelheid
Jun 27, 2012, 02:54 AM
When I hit 30 I'll be up for this, but given that the server will be down for a bit it might take me a while to hit max.

Aeris
Jun 27, 2012, 03:11 AM
Probably won't be level 30 for this, just hitted 25 and won't hit 30 for a while since i don't grind that much.

Priest
Jun 27, 2012, 03:14 AM
Probably won't be level 30 for this, just hitted 25 and won't hit 30 for a while since i don't grind that much.

Run Hard Desert first quest, codes everywhere, You can go 25 to 30 in at least 12 hours if you do.

Vashyron
Jun 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
I'll come along if I don't forgot. :wacko:

Hansha
Jun 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
Well, I want another Vol Scale sword so count me in.

MiaRitz
Jun 27, 2012, 06:29 AM
I'll be there. Those rares won't hunt themselves.

Lumir
Jun 27, 2012, 06:33 AM
I might join in on the hunt.

mnemosy
Jun 27, 2012, 06:47 AM
Run Hard Desert first quest, codes everywhere, You can go 25 to 30 in at least 12 hours if you do.

Yo Priest, you know I'll be there. <3

Adept
Jun 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
I'm in, little Priest. This is Ken here btw

Boodendorf
Jun 27, 2012, 07:16 AM
If I manage to level up from 20 to 30 in this short time, I'll come lol.

mhjc
Jun 27, 2012, 07:26 AM
I want in but I can't make it at 2pm your time. I'll show up around 4 or 5 your time :/
Obviously, I'd like to try to get home earlier, but I likely won't make such a time.

supersonix9
Jun 27, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'm in for it.

IGN is in my Signature.

Kinaya
Jun 27, 2012, 08:12 AM
My body is rdy! Kinaya my name

Adept
Jun 27, 2012, 08:38 AM
Little Cybel wants to join also

Priest
Jun 27, 2012, 11:45 AM
We might not make the full 12, but its better than nothing. Everyone else, rush to 30! And if you can't make it exactly at 2, come anytime, we'll be in the multiparty area the whole time anyway!

velociti
Jun 27, 2012, 12:11 PM
I'm only lvl 25, but I'll give it a try, the more the better, right? We'll see what happens.

Adept
Jun 27, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm only lvl 25, but I'll give it a try, the more the better, right? We'll see what happens.

Unfortunately, there's a minimum level of 30 needed to enter this event. The free fields on hard requires level 30 to enter.

velociti
Jun 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
Oh! my bad! I was thinking of just the "main roam room" in a caves quest, and it was the sub-boss as the boss, good luck hunting!

KlericVezax
Jun 27, 2012, 12:33 PM
I will come. It is in 30 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes?

Priest
Jun 27, 2012, 12:40 PM
I will come. It is in 30 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes?

20 minutes now.

DTwO
Jun 27, 2012, 12:49 PM
I'm in,see you in 10 minutes xD

I dont get bored of killing the same thing over and over for hours on end,this is perfect!lol

Priest
Jun 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
REMINDER: This is in BLOCK 30!

Vashyron
Jun 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
Annd a 4 Way Cross Burst Just Happened! :wacko:

Adept
Jun 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
We're looking for more people to start another one. There's like 4 people who missed out (including me).

Chaosfissure
Jun 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
Need to take my bike to the shop, but afterwards, I'd be happy to join in. Probably will be half an hour to an hour.

Dium
Jun 27, 2012, 02:45 PM
This should definitely be a regular thing, although I'm not lv 30 yet. Hopefully soon so I can do this.

Ryoga4523
Jun 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
12 person multiparty??? How do you do that? (please please excuse my ignorance, I thought you could only group with 4 people, and then randomly meet ppl in the multiparty areas)

supersonix9
Jun 27, 2012, 06:23 PM
Boo....I missed it.

Adept
Jun 27, 2012, 06:35 PM
Next time this needs better organization. I know there was more players than expected, but still it left quite a few people disappointed.

Priest
Jun 27, 2012, 09:04 PM
Here's my input:

The event went really well, for those that got in. If we decide to do another, we will assign parties manually on the forums beforehand, until 12 slots are filled.

On the other hand, others have expressed interest in creating a Team/Guild solely for the purpose of 24/7 runs like this. I am in favor of this option, as I play this game at least 18 hours a day and have all summer to do so. A team would make it much easier to communicate when a spot opens up and organize things within the game. Whoever wants to make a thread about that can do so, and maybe add a poll on who people want as leader/name/etc.

mnemosy
Jun 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
Here's my input:

The event went really well, for those that got in. If we decide to do another, we will assign parties manually on the forums beforehand, until 12 slots are filled.

On the other hand, others have expressed interest in creating a Team/Guild solely for the purpose of 24/7 runs like this. I am in favor of this option, as I play this game at least 18 hours a day and have all summer to do so. A team would make it much easier to communicate when a spot opens up and organize things within the game. Whoever wants to make a thread about that can do so, and maybe add a poll on who people want as leader/name/etc.

Will make the thread regarding Leader/Name later. I agree the event was a success for the most part, and I will be putting some pictures up soon.

DTwO
Jun 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
Yea,all in all it went pretty well.
After 7 hours,finally got a rare lol Compared to all you lucky lil turds.I agree with making a list of parties before hand on the forums.

Thanks for the runs priest and everyone else who participated ^_^ see you in 27 hours <3

~Inu~
Jun 27, 2012, 09:09 PM
I'd love to help out with this, I had a wonderful group like this in block 1 where we got a boss every 5-10 minutes; The map was so good I got it 3 hours later by surprise.

I think larger maps get more spawns and codes.

mnemosy
Jun 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
First 10 minutes in, we got an 8 minute long Cross Burst and I snagged 3 rares. Off to a good start.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi46.tinypic.com/o6d2ea.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Another rare in forest.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi50.tinypic.com/2dke7ix.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cross burst results in desert.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi49.tinypic.com/m79sn5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Three Guwanaada madness.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi48.tinypic.com/2qm2s7b.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Floating bush.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi48.tinypic.com/1192exu.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

More cross burst magic, this lasted 10 minutes.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi46.tinypic.com/29kqdy9.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cross cave results.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi49.tinypic.com/243q04g.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Regiasu the rare punching robot npc.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://oi49.tinypic.com/155t24g.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chaosfissure
Jun 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
It was rather fun, I must say ^_^ Only nabbed one rare from it, but as typical per PSO, there was enough fun to make it worth it including:

- Code:Elim doors that didn't disappear when the event was over. I was able to walk through them o.O
- Vol deciding to end a Code:Attack by killing the Kartagots.
- Vol perching on random walls.
- Vol sticking his head in the wall so it couldn't be attacked.
- Vol spawning in the middle of a Code:Rescue.
- Vol being an incredibly annoying, and sometimes funny, monster in general.

I'd enjoy doing something like this again in 27 hours :P

Vashyron
Jun 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
D2 AT D2

[spoiler-box]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1173435365231485443/4D856691E325F3106FDE613705C7B43078226C45/[/spoiler-box]

catwat
Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
It was a nice event for me. I was in the second multiparty that was running this i think? Since i saw none of you guys but that was okay. We got alot of bosses and it was a funny event overall.

The most epic thing happened to me aswell near the end lol. We knew a dragon was out because of that flame burst effect you get on your screen. Shortly after i was trapped by one of those rescure things and yes.. you guessed right. The prison was exactly where the dragon was and i was with him together in the cage. What to do? :-?

Heres a screen of one of our bursts. The PB chain we did there was awesome, at least 5 or so and it brought my computer to its knees lol.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/USog6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
Was in that second group of 12 and it was a BLAST. Took awhile to get the pse to start but once it did we had quite a few more. So many bosses, but sometimes the annoying code:collects would split people up from getting to the boss fight! And 3 code:avoids was hilarious, especially during a boss fight.

Found the Vol Dragon sword I wanted (and it has lightning element for desert farming!). Swinging it gives off some nice sound effects.

The event was great but it should have been planned a bit better, and by that I mean having multiple groups of 12. We worked it out by starting 1a 2a and 3a parties but some more organization would work wonders.

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 01:32 AM
I agree with Chaos...another one!Happy at the end i found some 9* wings...poor epi...Hey when we do this again,buy or try to make some cheap luck weapon or buy diband drinks :)

LOLZ Vash you actually snapped one. D2 Was actually a busy spot too :3

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 01:43 AM
The most epic thing happened to me aswell near the end lol. We knew a dragon was out because of that flame burst effect you get on your screen. Shortly after i was trapped by one of those rescure things and yes.. you guessed right. The prison was exactly where the dragon was and i was with him together in the cage. What to do? :-?

Heres a screen of one of our bursts. The PB chain we did there was awesome, at least 5 or so and it brought my computer to its knees lol.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/USog6.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/QUOTE]

LOL!NO WAY ...Trapped with the dragon!?Thats just crazy/funny.Shocked no picture of that haha Mine wasnt as funny as yours but at one point..i had 3 avoids on me...-_- it started out with one.I didnt make it.

And about the burst,same with us we had like a 6 chain and framerate just dwindled.Beautiful looking but dangerous to us low end pcs lol

Hansha
Jun 28, 2012, 01:55 AM
It was okay for the second group except for the part where we didn't get anything good. I just got an unusable 9 star armor...
Though now i have way more than enough boss souls for my equipment needs and I also got about 400k meseta.
We had one good PSE burst and two were failures. The first map was honestly just terrible with a code collect every second. We played on it for so long that it took quite a while to enter the area from campship. Things got better with more frequent bosses on the second map.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 03:07 AM
can someone give detailed instructions on how to multiparty with specific people? it'd help out many others hugely.

MiaRitz
Jun 28, 2012, 03:17 AM
You can just start 3 parties on the same mission in a quiet block. The parties will meet up automatically in the multiparty areas.
In case other parties are allready running the same mission each of the parties needs to put up the same password. this way only parties with the same password will meet up. You have to check the second box under the password too. this is the option to block out other parties in multiparty areas (aside from ones that have the same password obv), the first checkbox just stops ppl from joining your party, but you can still run into random parties as without password.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 03:26 AM
the quiet block idea is great and helps a lot, however addressing your next method, the password method, i tried it multiple times with a friend to no avail. is there a certain order of how things need to be done in order to multiparty? do i have to click a certain "play style" to get into the same group?

just to be safe i made sure our passwords were really long. but yeah, it didn't work. i appreciate your response nonetheless.

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 04:31 AM
Yea,in my opinion ,less populated block is easiest way to go for multis.

No,not at all.No playstyle or any special qualifications needed.Just figure out what Block/area you want to meet(caves 2 for ex) and wait a minute for your friends to show up.I know only 12 is allowed for multi so if your group was larger then that,you wont be able to multi with the others.

As Mia said,just pick a quiet block if you want to test it and run a mission you see no one else running.Basically what she said is the jist of it.

EDIT:Use local chat to find em as well cause some areas parties are usually scattered so they wont be right in front of you.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 04:35 AM
Yea,in my opinion ,less populated block is easiest way to go for multis.

No,not at all.No playstyle or any special qualifications needed.Just figure out what Block/area you want to meet(caves 2 for ex) and wait a minute for your friends to show up.I know only 12 is allowed for multi so if your group was larger then that,you wont be able to multi with the others.

As Mia said,just pick a quiet block if you want to test it and run a mission you see no one else running.Basically what she said is the jist of it.

EDIT:Use local chat to find em as well cause some areas parties are usually scattered so they wont be right in front of you.

what exactly do you mean by wait a minute for your friends to show up? does one party have to be in the area first, for the other parties to be able to connect to it? also, can you not have ai partners in passworded multiparty areas?

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 04:41 AM
Well i meant wait a minute because A)They might of started/entered the mission late so they need time to reach you or B) Lack of communication and they are wondering around aimlessly in the wrong area lol or C) Another party not part of your group can show up

AI Partners are allowed good sir ^_^

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 05:07 AM
I think players are better then AI, simply because every one player influences the spawn rates upon the map, When moving around as a large mass of players, versus AI, you're bound to get more mobs. I've seen this. I could be wrong.

I'm sad I missed the event, I hadn't been paying attention to the forums at all yesterday. Finished getting to level 30, doing grinding, trying to loot.

Maybe anothe rone can be established in advance. Who knows? I'll definitely aim to do another one. We failed to do one for City, which is pretty depressing. I keep finding rares I don't want like, I have three talis. (I'm sure everyone has one if I have three. )

KlericVezax
Jun 28, 2012, 08:16 AM
I totally had to miss the last 1 hour of the group because i didn't know the password for my group. It was alot of fun before that though. Good times had.

Sophitia for leader of Team Fantastic!