PDA

View Full Version : S Rank and Timer frustration

kiddoomy
Jun 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
These contract orders are so unforgiving with time quests. I am currently trying to beat Catadran under 16 mins, and every time i do it i'm either too slow or didn't kill enough enemies. On my last try I beat it with 11 seconds to spare, but the time kept going until it hit 16:01 (WTH SEGA:-x). Anyone have any tips on how to beat this easily?

Jeff86
Jun 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
That same Client Order took me a few tries. One thing I do is on the first try I take note of when I get to Cata, or any boss really, to see how fast I could kill it. On the following tries I did my best to kill/explore all I could and get to Cata with enough time to kill it.

Some of it is luck though, like the map layout, enemies, getting lost. On the attempt that I cleared it a Dragon spawned along the way, pretty sure that gave me oodles of points.

Sebastian & PSO
Jun 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
It's still shit that they make frantically running around trying to kill enough mobs and then the boss on time what determines moving to the next level or not instead of just allowing you to actually be able to beat the boss and move on.

And i agree its all about luck with the maps, you can get the worst emergency codes whilst trying to make it through!

GoldenFalcon
Jun 27, 2012, 09:03 AM
On my last try I beat it with 11 seconds to spare, but the time kept going until it hit 16:01 (WTH SEGA:-x).

Something like this happened when I was playing with someone. They still got the speed run completion, since it is based on when it says Code Complete or whatever.

Short: You're wrong

Bradders
Jun 27, 2012, 09:13 AM
On my last try I beat it with 11 seconds to spare, but the time kept going until it hit 16:01 (WTH SEGA:-x). Anyone have any tips on how to beat this easily?

Must be a bug or your connection because when i was doing that quest the same situation occured with me where i had a few seconds left and all i remmeber is the xp popping up and that timer froze instantly as soon as it died (4 seconds to spare)

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 09:36 AM
These contract orders are so unforgiving with time quests. I am currently trying to beat Catadran under 16 mins, and every time i do it i'm either too slow or didn't kill enough enemies. On my last try I beat it with 11 seconds to spare, but the time kept going until it hit 16:01 (WTH SEGA:-x). Anyone have any tips on how to beat this easily?

Client Orders are completed as soon as the last enemy is slain or objective is completed. The timer runs long because it's not directly linked to the mission. It's just a clock on the side for you to gauge your pace.

Look for the pop up on the bottom of your screen. Even if it's a multi-part client order, it'll notify you when you completed any part.

Archandes
Jun 27, 2012, 10:47 AM

if you're having a difficult time breaking the catadran time limit barrier. Then you don't wanna now what are you gonna get in dessert mission.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 AM
if you're having a difficult time breaking the catadran time limit barrier. Then you don't wanna now what are you gonna get in dessert mission.

The desert ones are easy - unless they bug out on you, which seems to happen to some people.

Archandes
Jun 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
The desert ones are easy - unless they bug out on you, which seems to happen to some people.

unless your lucky to get a narrow map, it'll take forever to spot the collection quest since you need to stand directly on top of it.

Alenoir
Jun 27, 2012, 11:29 AM
If it's a timed mission, you don't have to run it alone. Bring friends or hitchhike a party.

If it's a solo mission, it's not timed.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 11:30 AM
unless your lucky to get a narrow map, it'll take forever to spot the collection quest since you need to stand directly on top of it.

The NPC cut ins tell you what coordinates to go to.

Macman
Jun 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
Everytime my friend would attempt to beat Vol Dragon in 20 minutes, there was always some random bullshit going on like Code: Rescue or Duel holding us back.

Just keep trying and eventually you'll hit the perfect storm of a good spawn, simple map, and few codes.

SnakeStrife
Jun 27, 2012, 01:13 PM
It requires a bit of luck. I completed most of my timer missions on the 1st or 2nd try but one time it took about 5 tries for me to help my friend complete it because of all the crazy codes.

Once it locked us out 1 section away from the final fight with a Code: Collect, had us backtrack the entire area. Then during the collect, it gave us a Code: Elimination which had a code change to Code: Duel with the Vol Dragon. In the end target time was 20 mins we did it in 40, because of the thirty codes it gave us.

Neith
Jun 27, 2012, 01:29 PM
The Vol Dragon one is way worse. Nothing like getting a brilliant Block 1 and then getting constant Elimination codes and (even worse) Collect codes to slow you down. Managed it last night but it took about 19:45; it got so desperate that I started using Fury Stance against the dragon (not a brilliant move if he lands a hit on you). One run we did great, then got a Code:Rescue right at the end of Block 2, which caught up to my friend. That one code wasted a lot of time.

I have to say though, I don't like how the client order TA is a necessity for advancing. I have no problem with TA (did C-Mode on PSO after all) but I think it should be an optional thing- maybe an NPC who gives TA related client orders that don't affect the continuity of the game. It can be pretty frustrating to get through the orders at times when you're against the clock.

Particularly the caves TA missions; it seems like so many emergency codes can happen sometimes that it's impossible and you end up re-rolling the map.

I guess I just wish it was an optional thing people could do as a regular client order (for Meseta/EXP/rares) rather than being integral to advancing the quest lines.

I do have to say that this is one of my only gripes with the game, I'm absolutely loving it so far. Really does feel like the best bits of PSU mixed with PSO.

DreXxiN
Jun 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
The Vol Dragon one is way worse. Nothing like getting a brilliant Block 1 and then getting constant Elimination codes and (even worse) Collect codes to slow you down. Managed it last night but it took about 19:45; it got so desperate that I started using Fury Stance against the dragon (not a brilliant move if he lands a hit on you). One run we did great, then got a Code:Rescue right at the end of Block 2, which caught up to my friend. That one code wasted a lot of time.

I have to say though, I don't like how the client order TA is a necessity for advancing. I have no problem with TA (did C-Mode on PSO after all) but I think it should be an optional thing- maybe an NPC who gives TA related client orders that don't affect the continuity of the game. It can be pretty frustrating to get through the orders at times when you're against the clock.

Particularly the caves TA missions; it seems like so many emergency codes can happen sometimes that it's impossible and you end up re-rolling the map.

I guess I just wish it was an optional thing people could do as a regular client order (for Meseta/EXP/rares) rather than being integral to advancing the quest lines.

I do have to say that this is one of my only gripes with the game, I'm absolutely loving it so far. Really does feel like the best bits of PSU mixed with PSO.

Long time no see :). Also, Even as an avid, hardcore ex-TAer I agree with you that it shouldn't get in the way of progression, but you should be rewarded for completing it.

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 02:47 PM

It's somewhat depressing how easy the desert bosses and missions are.

They have great mob spawn and lots of EXP & drop chance to offer...but the free field boss is such a pansy. Killing the tentacle spawns should NOT damage the boss as well.

Volcano was boring to get through the stage itself since it was so VAST and NOTHING spawned until you got a code elimination and doors in your face. But Vol Dragon was a fun fight.

Hopefully the snow area will be the best of both worlds.

DreXxiN
Jun 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
It's somewhat depressing how easy the desert bosses and missions are.

They have great mob spawn and lots of EXP & drop chance to offer...but the free field boss is such a pansy. Killing the tentacle spawns should NOT damage the boss as well.

Volcano was boring to get through the stage itself since it was so VAST and NOTHING spawned until you got a code elimination and doors in your face. But Vol Dragon was a fun fight.

Hopefully the snow area will be the best of both worlds.

Everyone knows the giant Code: DUEL is the real boss of the desert :D