PDA

View Full Version : anyone else hate that rods shoot techs like a gun?

galaxy
Jun 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
It makes techs seem less unique, less magical. It makes rods more like some sort of cannon than a staff. Which makes forces feel like some heavy-weapon ranger and less like a tech.

Is this just me?

MasterSpark
Jun 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
Some techs use a different animation, such as the AoE spells and grants. They come out more magic-like.

I've got nothing against having a cannon for a rod, though. :-)

GoldenFalcon
Jun 27, 2012, 09:26 AM
Would you prefer that your character shoots foie from their hand as if they aren't even using the rod?

galaxy
Jun 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
I would, in fact. Maybe I should just stick to using cards?

Lord Yurka
Jun 27, 2012, 10:08 AM
I don't mind it at all. I have only had limited experience with the force, but it seems that he/she points the rod whenever they would need to aim it.

TBH, I think I like the cards more anyways

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
As I pretty much never use Foie or Barta (the ONLY techs with an animation that could be described as "shooting from the rod like a cannon"), no, I don't feel this way at all.

galaxy
Jun 27, 2012, 10:23 AM
well even rafoie, and the zonde spells come out like a cannon. granted you don't see the "bullet" part, but it's still aimed and has a recoil. I dunno I just think it looks kind of silly.

But I think cards would complement my preferred play style anyway - staying far from the enemy, hitting them with techs from afar and dodging when necessary.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
I wonder how wands will work, but as for rods... I am unsure how else projectile type spells such as foie would work wise.

HFlowen
Jun 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
You can shoot techs from your hand if you cast while unarmed or with a gunslash.

Unarmed force is fun times.