PDA

View Full Version : Why dont they just tell us? ( S rank)

jtenma
Jun 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
...how many enemies left to s rank the mission? Why not have a counter on the side to see current progress? This would allow us to:

Explore--having concrete info showing us how close we are to S RANK, you can take your time...

or

Rush--For reasons above, we can either make a mad dash for the end if we are "40/40" in enemies or stay behind and get that last monster...then bail...

I mean, I can't think of one reason why they wouldn't want to display that info. They already have a "points system" ("0/100 pts")the first time you enter the level. It even displays when you kill an enemy how much they are worth!

Bradders
Jun 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
If your stuck then heres some advice work out how long it takes to kill the boss in the first run and then kill as much as you can before hitting the boss on your second.

They could do what your saying but i think that would take some of the fun away.

jtenma
Jun 27, 2012, 09:28 AM
Nah, Im not stuck. It just seems a little archaic in terms of mission design imo.

I mean, for such a wonderful looking game, why in the world is there a timer in the first place? It's not even like there is any difficulty coming from it. Sometimes I move so fast through the levels that I end up getting an A rank because of some hidden number.

I would say if your gonna do Rankings like that, at least make it actually hard. Have it so if you get hit, your rank goes down....

Bradders
Jun 27, 2012, 09:39 AM
Maybe when they release the full game they'll be all different ways of getting an S rank and they wanna keep people on their toes but yea i suppose it would make life easier.

Mag-X
Jun 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
You can skip damn near everything except the codes and the boss and still get an S Rank. S Rank basically means "you didn't die."

Gardios
Jun 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
There's no reason to not have your current score displayed during the mission - just seeing it after the mission tells you nothing about what you actually did wrong.

You can skip damn near everything except the codes and the boss and still get an S Rank. S Rank basically means "you didn't die."
Except it doesn't?

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 09:49 AM

It's not always that simple.

I've done 4 code eliminations, 1 attack, and 1 collect that spawned a full pack of those horned guys in the free volcano.

Came out with 656 points and I was at a loss for words.

jtenma
Jun 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
See? this is what I mean. NO ONE ACTUALLY KNOWS.

Ive heard someone failed a code (so have I one time) and still got S rank.

It is just silly.

I would imagine the Japanese players are already talking about this on their official PSO2 forums......

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
It is silly. I can have kill count around hundred, and still get 80% or so. Then the next time I kill like 30 enemies and get an S rank.

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2012, 10:12 AM
The kill count seems to be arbitrary.

But it absolutely has no relation at all to the codes. You can fail every single code they give you and still get an S-rank. It's purely number of kills.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:16 AM
I would rather potentially less monsters and more doors preventing advancement. I hate just running past everything.

Sp-24
Jun 27, 2012, 10:19 AM
You wouldn't like that idea as much after you pick up an order or just get a sudden urge to kill the same boss 9 times.