PDA

View Full Version : Jellen shot worth upgrading?

Aiigis
Jun 27, 2012, 01:54 PM
Just got Jellen shot..but it's got a huge cooldown of 120 seconds and only lasts about 10 seconds? The aoe it gets with launcher is nice, but i can't see it being all that useful of a skill even in team situations. The damage reduction isn't all that great either, so what I'm asking is..does this skill get significantly better (lasts longer/shorter cooldown) or is it really not worth it ^^;

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 01:59 PM
The JP wiki suggests it gains duration as it levels...

But it sounds like the damage reduction isn't as obscene as in CB.

Gardios
Jun 27, 2012, 02:03 PM
...wow, according to the JP wiki the damage decrease is absolutely pitiful. 1% per level? Ouch.

DreXxiN
Jun 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
It's a 1 point ability IMO. :)

Aiigis
Jun 27, 2012, 02:09 PM
I guess I'll just leave it at 1 then, thanks for info :x

Hrith
Jun 27, 2012, 02:15 PM
So they have nerfed it? Good to know, I guess =/

It works on bosses, remember, put that to good use.

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 02:23 PM
Personally think that reducing enemy damage is extremely trivial for a ranger.

And unless you specifically load and time it for when bosses are about to nuke, it's not going to save anyone.

Launchers are also an extremely bad choice for bossing.

What I mean to say is that it's a pointless move. Get it for the shot that comes after, but hell don't waste your time on it.

Gardios
Jun 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
It's a 1 point ability IMO. :)

Not even that. A 1% damage reduction isn't going to save anyone - its only use seems to be the access to Stun Grenade.

DreXxiN
Jun 27, 2012, 03:53 PM
Not even that. A 1% damage reduction isn't going to save anyone - its only use seems to be the access to Stun Grenade.

Oh...really? I didn't know it only STARTS at 1%..I figured it started at, theoretically, 20% or so and only SCALED 1% at a time.. Can anyone confirm this?

I know how Ultimate was on PSO1...And Lord almighty would Jellen help if Ultimate on this game ends up being as hard hitting as that.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm starting to suspect it was horribly, horribly bugged in CB.

Guess the launcher go-to skill is going to be Panic Shot, since that's a wonderful status to inflict against groups.

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
I'm starting to suspect it was horribly, horribly bugged in CB.

Guess the launcher go-to skill is going to be Panic Shot, since that's a wonderful status to inflict against groups.

At the same time, launchers inflict so much damage and flinch mobs so hard it could just end up being a waste of points.

Macman
Jun 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
Fuuuuck and I'm already merely 1 point away from getting Jellen Shot too. What a waste of points. :disapprove: