PDA

View Full Version : So what does everyone think of Ship 2's community so far?

Pages : [1] 2

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 02:06 PM
I mean particularly block 20's. I'm not usually able to get in, so I'm just curious.

DreXxiN
Jun 27, 2012, 02:10 PM
I don't know if it follows suit with PSOGC or PSUPC, but I absolutely love it, though I really only play with friends so my opinion is biased.

Also my most recent games are DotA 2, League of legends, and TERA Online so I guess this is a complete 180.

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
Concidering I made 18 friends alone on that block within six days, it's awesome.

Aiigis
Jun 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
Found a nice team, and the people I've met so far are really fun to talk with. For me It's one of the "better" in-game communities i've been apart of :)

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well, I mean, if I'm honest, I'm probably gonna make some people angry.

But, overall, I think it's okay. But, I think there's too much dicking around in the lobby, a la PSU's 4th Floor. Now, obviously goofing off is all fine and dandy, as is hanging out and just chatting with other people, but when that's what you do 80% of the time you're on the game, then you need to rethink your priorities.

Hell, yesterday I even saw people arguing, trolling, and being sincerely hateful to each other. Combine that with all the goofy dancing that goes on all the time (again, I'm not 'against' it 100%, because the Dance emotes are fun to do), and it's turning into PSU's 4th Floor already. Not a good sign.

But, as for people on an individual level, most of them are good folks. I've met a couple that were douchebags and/or elitist pricks, but you get those in every game, and they're few and far between in PSO2 thus far.

Hategull
Jun 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
Really tired of inappropriate symbol art. That aside, yes, the group seems really awesome. Met a lot of interesting and fun people already.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 02:14 PM
Meh. Been on it for the since they re-opened the ships for character creation. No one replies when I try to talk to them in the lobies, half or so of the parties are locked and no one ever seems to join missions when I leave them open. The odd person does join, but they don't really seem to talk. There never really seems to be much interesting stuff going on in the lobby; just a lot of Alt + M dancing and annoying symbol art.

I have 2 people on my friends list so far, and I know them both IRL.

Block 10 seemed so much nicer when I was on it, I think I might start playing on there more. I might just go check out the 4chan and reddit ships too, I'm curious how those are doing.

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
I don't seem to have any problems with people joining my games, but all the 4th floor garbage seems to have poked it's ugly head in servers 20-23.

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 02:20 PM
Lobby rats in lobby usually some people aren't that bad in lobbies. Cause they're asking questions how to do something or taking a small break.

Oh here's a good pic of it, using Jenty's sig pic obliviously.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/176/d/6/pso2_dance_party__2_by_infinitymatter-d54t0zq.jpg

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hey cool, looks like I'm still trolling unintentionally.

Khabarakh
Jun 27, 2012, 02:22 PM

But, overall, I think it's okay. But, I think there's too much dicking around in the lobby, a la PSU's 4th Floor. Now, obviously goofing off is all fine and dandy, as is hanging out and just chatting with other people, but when that's what you do 80% of the time you're on the game, then you need to rethink your priorities.

Hell, yesterday I even saw people arguing, trolling, and being sincerely hateful to each other. Combine that with all the goofy dancing that goes on all the time (again, I'm not 'against' it 100%, because the Dance emotes are fun to do), and it's turning into PSU's 4th Floor already. Not a good sign.

But, as for people on an individual level, most of them are good folks. I've met a couple that were douchebags and/or elitist pricks, but you get those in every game, and they're few and far between in PSO2 thus far.

Yup. I don't understand why people get so excited about games like this, and talk about it for years, and then when its FINALLY OUT, they just do nothing in the lobby. It's definitely cool to chill and chat here and there, but ... I wish I had that much free time.

Mag-X
Jun 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
Meh. Been on it for the since they re-opened the ships for character creation. No one replies when I try to talk to them in the lobies, half or so of the parties are locked and no one ever seems to join missions when I leave them open. The odd person does join, but they don't really seem to talk. There never really seems to be much interesting stuff going on in the lobby; just a lot of Alt + M dancing and annoying symbol art.

Block 10 seemed so much nicer when I was on it, I think I might start playing on there more. I might just go check out the 4chan and reddit ships too, I'm curious how those are doing.

This has been my experience. Every time I try to ask a question, it's met with either silence or someone telling me that the game hates me because I don't dance...

The majority of parties doing a mission worth joining are usually locked. Those that aren't finish just as I join and then everyone leaves. Parties I make no one joins.

So yeah. It's pretty much just your average MMO community.

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
Lobby rats in lobby usually some people aren't that bad in lobbies. Cause they're asking questions how to do something or taking a small break.

Oh here's a good pic of it, using Jenty's sig pic obliviously.

That was a little bit, uh, rude.

Malevolent215
Jun 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
The lobbies aren't fun sometimes, if it was up to me there would always be dancing are a conversation.

I must say though, people need to be more social in multi-party areas!! Besides City mission I guess. I am sick of people thinking I am a stalker because I start following them around there! I want more PSE!

Vylera
Very chatty. Somewhat lazy. Most of the players are pretty independent but willing to help people.

burende
Im always up for runs with anyone and dont mind running solo missions as i have been doing since the DC days but if you ever see me around shout my name and ill join [ Hinata ] usually on Block 21-22 since 20 is always full

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
That was a little bit, uh, rude.

I was pointing out what block 20 usually looks like how is it rude?

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
Im always up for runs with anyone and dont mind running solo missions as i have been doing since the DC days but if you ever see me around shout my name and ill join [ Hinata ] usually on Block 21-22 since 20 is always full

I love how when my internet dies and I get DC'd from block 20, it's full when I try to re-enter it. Shows how popular it is.

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 02:41 PM
Was nice. Met some friends. : D

VANNO
Jun 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
For the most part the lobby seems pretty chill. Most people seem like they just leave their character on just to dance. I don't stay in the lobby long as I find it kind of boring (unless someone ask for help or a friend is there).

As for parties, I agree that most of them are locked or full. There are some parties I join and no one ever talks... I always feel a bit out of place when I try to start up a condensation and no one replies lol. That or people will join into a party and leave right when the quest is done (no hi or bye?). Overall though the people I party with has been pretty nice and helpful.

JeyKama
Jun 27, 2012, 02:42 PM
I'd actually visit if I could turn off symbol art display. I poked my head into 20-22 for a few minutes and left.

Then again, the Japanese folks complaining about the foreigners isn't really much fun to look at either.

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
Was nice. Met some friends. : D

Key word "Was"?

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Key word "Was"?

I think you made your point a few posts ago.

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 02:45 PM

I would reply to you. : D I'll play with ya if you'd like. : P

@Lobster: Still is.

pikachief
Jun 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
My game crashes whenever the burst of light or sparkles appear from the PSE :( so unless imbob my brother's computer all i can do is dance in the lobby lol

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
I would reply to you. : D I'll play with ya if you'd like. : P

@Lobster: Still is.

Who's Lobster?

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Ah, meant you. Was too lazy to look back, sorry.

Akaimizu
Jun 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
Seems alright. Though it seems everybody is too busy dancing in the lobby to run missions. :)

Lostbob117
Jun 27, 2012, 02:51 PM
Ah, meant you. Was too lazy to look back, sorry.

Maybe you shouldn't be too lazy to scroll the mouse wheel up only three post. Plus I thought you were "Science Genius Girl".

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 02:54 PM
I do think it's awkward to just join some random person's open mission. Unless there are more people in it.

I think it would be better to just meet people, chat, then go on missions together.

burende
Jun 27, 2012, 02:54 PM
I love how when my internet dies and I get DC'd from block 20, it's full when I try to re-enter it. Shows how popular it is.

Yup i always get that little notice when i try to join 20 at any time lol... i know that feel....

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
I do think it's awkward to just join some random person's open mission. Unless there are more people in it.

I think it would be better to just meet people, chat, then go on missions together.

This.

Alenoir
Jun 27, 2012, 02:57 PM

Usually when I want others to join my mission, I leave it unlocked. If I REALLY want others to join my mission, I write party description so people knows.

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
Yup i always get that little notice when i try to join 20 at any time lol... i know that feel....

I usually just spam it untill I get in, because that's pretty much the block all my friends play on.

Ueno54
Jun 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
I'm not all together in the head and 20 makes me want to scream with all the randomness I see. Reminds me of those free mmorpgs that have the BR spam more than anything.

MasterSpark
Jun 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
I think it's all right. I don't really crave any companionship as I prefer to play solo, but I like having a few lobbies full of people to interact with whenever I want to.

Malevolent215
Jun 27, 2012, 03:05 PM
Usually when I want others to join my mission, I leave it unlocked. If I REALLY want others to join my mission, I write party description so people knows.

No one joins my parties.... If I am playing alone with an NPC, I always put the game name as "Anyone Welcome" and add a note. Yet, I rarily have people join.

I am very friendly, talkative, and helpful too! Then when I ask if anyone wants to party up in the lobby, no one responds!? Idk.... maybe people are just scared of my little evil purple Hucaseal...

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
No one joins my parties.... If I am playing alone with an NPC, I always put the game name as "Anyone Welcome" and add a note. Yet, I rarily have people join.

I am very friendly, talkative, and helpful too! Then when I ask if anyone wants to party up in the lobby, no one responds!? Idk.... maybe people are just scared of my little evil purple Hucaseal...

I like to join parties that are inviting sometimes, but other times I go afk for a bit, or don't want to do a mission at the moment.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 03:10 PM

S'been my experience as well. I've hosted a good number of open games and nobody's joined. I tend to only continue playing now if I sign on and someone on my friends list is on and not already busy or leveled past me to the point of it being boring for them.

I don't like hanging around the lobby too much. I've encountered a good bit of nastiness and "HAHAHAHAHA LOOK IM MAKING A PENIS ON THE INTERNET SO ORIGINAL SO FUNNY XD XD XD" Enough that I really don't see the game's population as being all that different from any other online game out there.

The community, and the game for that matter, just really aren't worth getting all that excited about, so I'm not sure this game's really gonna last for me.

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
S'been my experience as well. I've hosted a good number of open games and nobody's joined. I tend to only continue playing now if I sign on and someone on my friends list is on and not already busy or leveled past me to the point of it being boring for them.

I don't like hanging around the lobby too much. I've encountered a good bit of nastiness and "HAHAHAHAHA LOOK IM MAKING A PENIS ON THE INTERNET SO ORIGINAL SO FUNNY XD XD XD" Enough that I really don't see the game's population as being all that different from any other online game out there.

I just block those people. It's not I have my own pc, so my family can easily see it.

Freshellent
Jun 27, 2012, 03:15 PM
This thread is doin' great.

LK1721
Jun 27, 2012, 03:15 PM

The community, and the game for that matter, just really aren't worth getting all that excited about, so I'm not sure this game's really gonna last for me.
I've also ended up with that experience for the most part. Open a party and tag a little "Anyone is welcome" blah blah, but I have only ended up with a full party twice out of the dozens of times I have started one.

As for the community, I tend to not hang around in the lobbies, since I'm either in a party or in my room. Doubly so because of some of the silly symbol chats I'd rather not bother staring at. I've certainly met some nice people, though.

Alenoir
Jun 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
Mm, maybe it's because I usually only go to 21 or 22 @ party joining. =\ Never touched 20 since it's always full.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
I've also ended up with that experience for the most part. Open a party and tag a little "Anyone is welcome" blah blah, but I have only ended up with a full party twice out of the dozens of times I have started one.

As for the community, I tend to not hang around in the lobbies, since I'm either in a party or in my room. Doubly so because of some of the silly symbol chats I'd rather not bother staring at. I've certainly met some nice people, though.

Seems like everyone else loves the community, Glad to see I'm not the only who doesn't feel the same way.

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 03:22 PM
Personally I have a horrible habit of wanting to solo EVERYTHING.

Truth be told, the game's pretty easy as it is. First time I partied with 4, Vol Dragon instantly became a trash mob.

I like having control over exactly what I want to do within a mission, and I'm still practicing perfect weak spot hits (no misses) and hunter JAs with weapon gears, so it's somewhat annoying to have other people smacking the mobs I'm aiming at around.

I guess when I get serious about collecting rare weapons, I'll end up partying for the efficiency and PSE bursts.

I don't mind backtracking and helping other people with quests when I'm on a break, but I prefer playing solo so far.

Vintasticvin
Jun 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sooo pretty much block 20 is like western psu's 4th floor mixed with moonguards goldshire inn minus the sexting? Eww guess im kinda glad Im not in lnvolved with this troll fest =| how about them people whp logs on and juat sit there dead afk? Wasting a spot someone wanting to play could use. :(

Oh and Jenty could you please make your sig a bit smaller its too big and obnoxious, thanks.

Omisan
Jun 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
I dont like all the people that idle in the 20ish blocks. It is stupid that i can search for a free caves mission on block 34 and have as many options as on block 20 even though 20 is super full.

If i cant find a party that is fun, i go to lobbies 1-4 where forces use resta and give buffs and rangers and hunters coordinate well. Then i can srank my missions in a timely fashion.

Only with Japanese have i been in a party that runs through various missions consecutively.

But i always set base in 20-24 until it fails me.

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Sooo pretty much block 20 is like western psu's 4th floor mixed with moonguards goldshire inn minus the sexting? Eww guess im kinda glad Im not in lnvolved with this troll fest =| how about them people whp logs on and juat sit there dead afk? Wasting a spot someone wanting to play could use. :(

Oh and Jenty could you please make your sig a bit smaller its too big and obnoxious, thanks.

I was going to get around to that sometime.

Shadownami92
Jun 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
I don't think I've ever been on Block 20, it's always full. But I've really enjoyed Block 23. Overall most people are pretty nice. I haven't had too many people on my friends list though since I've mainly been playing with the same group I found on day 1.

darkante
Jun 27, 2012, 03:30 PM
Itīs alright, most people that join usually is silent but i donīt really care.
I solo or run with a friend most of the time anyway.
And if i see someone struggling i try to help.

But facing 2 of those big spiders bosses at the same time do make it difficult.
It took me by suprise, since it were in the forest.

DreXxiN
Jun 27, 2012, 03:44 PM

Hey..you shouldn't be discouraged. Phantasy Star has always had a niche and awesome community..just the internet has changed, it is the "release" of the game (the trolls always fall off and infest something else after being bored after 30-40 days or so) not to mention Reddit and 4channers are around here. Stick around and I promise it'll get better...I have faith having played this series for 13 years.

You were a very pleasant individual to meet; just hang on and stick to friends for the most part for now :)

sugarFO
Jun 27, 2012, 03:58 PM
I enjoy ship 2 and have made a lot of friends!

Misare
Jun 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
I've met far more nice, friendly people than not. I will admit to wishing they'd move the mission staging area away from the lobby zone in area.

Rhypht
Jun 27, 2012, 04:23 PM
The majority of people I've played with have been cool people. I will occasionally get into a party with someone who doesn't want to cooperate and just wants to sit in the multi-party area for three hours without completing the quest. A few people have ended up being rude or troll-y, but for the most part it's a good community.

Ghalion
Jun 27, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not very social so I don't have much interaction with other people. Most of the time I don't even bother going to block 20, the Japanese people are just the same to me since I don't chat much.

But the few times I do go there, if I have a question or something, there's always someone helpful enough to answer politely, so thumbs up from me.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
They all suck...

Haven't played very much with total strangers, mostly try to get at least 1 or 2 friends to play with, but the times I did play with randoms it was nice.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
They all suck...

Haven't played very much with total strangers, mostly try to get at least 1 or 2 friends to play with, but the times I did play with randoms it was nice.

Ironic, considering I just finished partying with you. :-P

Halcyote
Jun 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
being on ship 2 block 20-23 makes me wonder if i'm channeling what it was like on xbox psu's community.

that said, i've never had issues with anyone joining parties or making friends on the server but the majority of people who piss off in the lobbies whining about how the game isn't pso ver. 5 are most likely folks i don't want to play with anyway.

Peejay
Jun 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
I usually have to avoid public places because it's just too overwhelming.

Whenever I do pop in, it's usually something amusing.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 27, 2012, 04:53 PM
I dont get why so many just waste time dancing in the lobby. The certain innappropriate Symbol Arts people have made and flash in the Block 20 are very immature and stupid IMO. They arent funny or amusing.

Ryo
Jun 27, 2012, 04:58 PM
I've seen some Symbol Arts I like, The > 9,000 one makes me laugh, the PSE Burst one is hilarious, too.

I don't really like all the people congesting the lobbies and constant dancing, I'm more about trying to grind out my missions.

That being said, when I do post a question or am looking for help in the lobby, even in 20 I get a good amount of responses.

I've played with Nassandra, Mike, and several other PSOWers and have had a blast every time. I'll generally run missions with anyone who wants to, regardless of the task at hand, unless I myself am busy with something.

I've had a great time playing, but if I want to solo I typically just play in the first block I'm dumped in; I don't waste my time trying to get to block 20-22 unless a friend is already in there.

Zilch
Jun 27, 2012, 04:59 PM
Aside from some random crap in the chat at the lobby, people are overall pretty damn nice. As far as online communities go at least. Hehe. Only met great people in the actual missions so far. :D

Agitated_AT
Jun 27, 2012, 04:59 PM
I lllove the community

Halcyote
Jun 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
I've seen some Symbol Arts I like, The > 9,000 one makes me laugh, the PSE Burst one is hilarious, too.
the pse burst symbol art is probably the only symbol art i genuinely like.

like all the artistic anime ones are cool but that pse burst one always gets me man.

ellu
Jun 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
>_<; Yikes! I know that I have seen a few trolls in the game so far, but honestly this has been 'nothin. I came from TERA online, and that community was absolutely ceptic/toxic. (Great game, it had plenty of good people -- but it's 60% troll, 40% sane)

I have enjoyed ship 2 blocks 20-23. I have met about two people that I regularly play with -- and just about everyone I have partied with as a random join-in has been nice. (<-- usually during the city mission, which I have had nice smooth/fun runs in.)

A lot of the people are independent in this game -- I came with a lvling partner from the beginning, which makes us a bit more independent. + with all of the client orders, it's easy for everyone to be off, because if you ever want to finish those you'll end up having to do things others many not want to or have done, or they need to do others... which is lame.

(I almost never join parties, most of the time I just don't think to or remember that it's possible -- but also when you consider that every quest you do pretty much needs an 'S' joining in a party that has started is pretty useless.)

But all in all, it's been a decent place, and I hope it gets better with time!

I like to help others, and I like partying with nice fun people, there are friends to be made on ship 2!
If any of you who feel like there aren't enough friendly people around in game see me in game, ellunei, ID ellulu ---> Hit me up! I am always looking for more people to fill the slots of my party, or gang up to do multi-party free areas with.

TL;DR Don't have any help or friends? Search for ellunei -- ID ellulu, invite = friend to play with!

Scline
Jun 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hey, what's going on in this thread?

ShadowDragon28
Jun 27, 2012, 05:07 PM
I almost at the point that any person I see flash the stupid Symbol Art with the f**kin stupid Ero-anime girl "Orgasm smile" face. I will put on my blacklist. FFS PSO2 lobby 20 is NOT 4Chan.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hey..you shouldn't be discouraged. Phantasy Star has always had a niche and awesome community..just the internet has changed, it is the "release" of the game (the trolls always fall off and infest something else after being bored after 30-40 days or so) not to mention Reddit and 4channers are around here. Stick around and I promise it'll get better...I have faith having played this series for 13 years.

You were a very pleasant individual to meet; just hang on and stick to friends for the most part for now :)

Haha, thanks for the pep talk. Yeah, I've been with PSO since 2000 myself. Just waiting for the riff-raff to shake itself out of the community, I guess. I got a decently sized friend list too. Ya just have those days where it's like, "HURGLHGLHGLH EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS GOING WRONG" xD

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 05:14 PM
Heh, seems like there's a pretty mixed bag of opinions. But yeah, I just don't want it to end up like PSU where I solo'd everything. That isn't what this game is about. :/

Mikura
Jun 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
I came from FFXI, which I've been playing for 8 years now, so it's weird going from a game where I talk to people on a regular basis to a game where I play and everyone is like "......" all the time. But it's a new game and the community is still developing, so it's to be expected. At this point, everyone is more concerned about making progress in the game and figuring out the mechanics instead of shooting the sh*t in the lobbies and during missions. I think once the dust settles though, it'll improve.

Polantaris
Jun 27, 2012, 05:18 PM
I want to thank this thread for the reassurance in my decision to stay away from Ship 2 in general.

The interesting thing is that this shows how different our culture is from the Japanese players.

If they don't want anyone to join them, they lock the room. If it's open, they're looking for people to join, or don't mind it either way.

I joined a JP's mission the other day and they asked ME if I wanted to do anything in particular, if I had something I needed done. If you join a US player's party randomly it's usually "Do what I want or leave."

Ce'Nedra
Jun 27, 2012, 05:18 PM
Ironic, considering I just finished partying with you. :-P

You belong to the suck part ;) that and you're no random cause I know you from this forum.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 05:20 PM
You belong to the suck part ;) that are you're no random cause I know you from this forum.

haha, figured. :P

KiroMatic
Jun 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
I don't understand how you "meet" anyone when I'm on everyone locks them self in there parties, get bots RIGHT as they enter, leave RIGHT when the mission complete without saying a word, and if I inv people to my party they obviously join by accident because they don't know what it's saying and then leave.

WHERE DO YOU GUYS FIND THESE PEOPLE THAT WILL ACTUALLY TALK!?

sugarFO
Jun 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
I want to thank this thread for the reassurance in my decision to stay away from Ship 2 in general.

The interesting thing is that this shows how different our culture is from the Japanese players.

If they don't want anyone to join them, they lock the room. If it's open, they're looking for people to join, or don't mind it either way.

I joined a JP's mission the other day and they asked ME if I wanted to do anything in particular, if I had something I needed done. If you join a US player's party randomly it's usually "Do what I want or leave."

That is such a generalization. You had one experience with a JP and you hold them on a pedestal. Plenty of people I've played with ask the group what they'd like to do.

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 05:45 PM
I don't understand how you "meet" anyone when I'm on everyone locks them self in there parties, get bots RIGHT as they enter, leave RIGHT when the mission complete without saying a word, and if I inv people to my party they obviously join by accident because they don't know what it's saying and then leave.

Pretty much every party I've been in had people that are nice and tend to talk a bit. It's pretty nice for me.

Shadownami92
Jun 27, 2012, 05:46 PM
I always thought every party was people asking what everyone wanted to do. Each party I've been in asked and normally everyone is up for anything, or we tell eachother what matterboards we are all on and see what's the best choice. Sometimes people aren't chatty, but for the most part I've had a great experience with everyone I've played with. I have noticed that it's a little hard to fill up a party with 4 people, normally stops at 3. Then again I am playing on Block 23 which is a little less full.

Slidikins
Jun 27, 2012, 05:46 PM
I meet plenty of nice people but I can't stand being in the lobby.

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 05:47 PM

I don't. I stay in open chat to stay social. Some do.

Geistritter
Jun 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'm level 22 and still have yet to play with anyone other than either of the three people I've known going into the game. More than likely going to stay that way.

On that note, everything in this game so far seems capable of being absolutely destroyed by one to two people, including the disappointingly tame Hard mode. Kind of annoyed about it.

xBladeM6x
Jun 27, 2012, 06:11 PM
From what I've seen, most people on the game are pretty nice. There's of course the elitist and random dumb people as usual, but it's good. I'm happy people on this game seem more about teamwork and getting the entire party through, instead of just themselves. I thank the individual droprates for that.

Overall, 8/10.

Mantiskilla
Jun 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
It's been enjoyable for sure thus far. Still have too many damn idiots loitering in the main lobby doing dances & spamming messages left and right. I thought the level of maturity would have at least improved a bit by now.

NoiseHERO
Jun 27, 2012, 06:34 PM

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THAT'S THE BEST PART!

THAT'S WHAT MADE THE 4TH FLOOR MY SANCTUARY! I DOMINATED IT, AS THE ULTIMATE TRO-I'M NOT A TROLL SHUT UP!

I'm not sure on block 20, I seem to run into every kind of person there... and most of which go under the dislike barrier...

I also stopped going there as much after I saw wannabe 4channers spamming porn emotes (I play PSO2 in the living room, man...)

Also the dancing spam? c'mon those dances stopped being amusing after like 4 hours for everyone else. Why don't you actually play the game, or if you're gonna afk at least do it in a non-annoying way or log off and give your PC a break...

Mantiskilla
Jun 27, 2012, 06:40 PM
@Rock Eastwood and BIG OLAF

No Doubt. I'm sure we are preaching to the choir here as probably all the people who DO like to do this probably wouldn't respond this for fear of being ridiculed, etc. or they are in the game doing the pointless crap we speak of

Angelo
Jun 27, 2012, 06:41 PM
Aside from some Vega 1-1 level symbol art... it's been fine.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

THAT'S THE BEST PART!

THAT'S WHAT MADE THE 4TH FLOOR MY SANCTUARY! I DOMINATED IT, AS THE ULTIMATE TRO-I'M NOT A TROLL SHUT UP!

I'm not sure on block 20, I seem to run into every kind of person there... and most of which go under the dislike barrier...

I also stopped going there as much after I saw wannabe 4channers spamming porn emotes (I play PSO2 in the living room, man...)

Also the dancing spam? c'mon those dances stopped being amusing after like 4 hours for everyone else. Why don't you actually play the game, or if you're gonna afk at least do it in a non-annoying way or log off and give your PC a break...

What server do you frequent? I want to get your card.

Polantaris
Jun 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
That is such a generalization. You had one experience with a JP and you hold them on a pedestal. Plenty of people I've played with ask the group what they'd like to do.

Except you don't understand a single thing about me. I've been playing JP MMOs for years and this is ALWAYS my experience. They are always nice, always helpful, always able to lend a hand. ALWAYS. 100% of the time.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 06:52 PM

I've engaged in a fair bit of dance spam myself, typically only when I'm away from my PC for 5-10 minutes max because of a phone call or something else needing done around the house.

I think at this stage, it's a bit inconsiderate considering that the blocks and ships already seem to have population issues. And yeah, players wanting to get on those blocks could go to another block or just keep trying, but it just really seems a bit selfish to sit in a lobby, afk for hours trying to make a name for yourself or something, I dunno.

Scrub
Jun 27, 2012, 07:07 PM
When I first started playing, I saw a bunch of people sitting around talking about how bad Diablo 3 and WoW and TERA and other games were.

After doing a couple of missions and coming back out I saw the same people still there saying the same things. It feels like most of the people sit around talking more than playing which is kind of weird. I mostly just ignore everyone and kind of go about my business just making a game or using the shops in lobbies now.

For the most part everyone I've played with in actual games has been fine, mostly because no one ever seems to talk while playing which is kind of weird but okay whatever. Are people just turned off of joining random public games or being social when they're in a game because they're scared everyone is going to be like the gaggle of retards in the lobby?

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 07:14 PM
Are people just turned off of joining random public games or being social when they're in a game because they're scared everyone is going to be like the gaggle of retards in the lobby?

.....In my case, yes, actually. ^^; That was the point of this thread; to find out what everyone else thought about the Ship. There's positives and negatives everywhere.

SolRiver
Jun 27, 2012, 07:34 PM
In my honest opinion, the lobby in block 20 get worse by the hour of PSO2 stay online.

More and more rude and disrespectful people start to hang out there. I have already decided to stay more in block21 or else where than block 20.

Lobby was great during the closed beta and pre-obt, but open beta seem to have gotten worse.

That being said, the current level is still not worse than communities of other games.

Hayde
Jun 27, 2012, 07:42 PM
In my honest opinion, the lobby in block 20 get worse by the hour of PSO2 stay online.

More and more rude and disrespectful people start to hang out there. I have already decided to stay more in block21 or else where than block 20.

Lobby was great during the closed beta and pre-obt, but open beta seem to have gotten worse.

That being said, the current level is still not worse than communities of other games.

That's because Ship 2 is shifted from being the "PSO World Ship" to becoming the general English ship. I lurk Reddit and GameFAQs and people have been migrating from there onto ship 2. I'm not saying everyone from that community is bad--but let me put it this way, if I spend more than 5 minutes on any of the 'general' forums at GFaqs, I want to pull my hair out.

When anyone that's capable of speaking English decides to roll on ship 2, or ship 10--whichever, things are going to bound to get better and worse at the same time, due to the diversity of people.

Aishiteru
Jun 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Its ok. No one really talks just afk dancing. Met a few ppl who helped me - and n this thread too!. Dont hang around long enough to see the symbol art and eh once in a while no answer but other times ppl help :) and yes no one joins parties

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
So far i like it. If u wanna mess around theres a group for that if u wanna grind well thats a diffrent story most grinders are already maxed lvl or are extreamly hard to find. I just hit lvl 20 today. Not for lack of trying just not enough time. Hopefuly ill run into some ppl who r up for grinding now. Love the community tho

AzureAsh
Jun 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
Honestly, Block 20 was pretty terrible for a large majority of Closed Beta and it's been in a worse state than it's in now.

Still doesn't stop me from avoiding it though.

lostinseganet
Jun 27, 2012, 07:59 PM

But, as for people on an individual level, most of them are good folks. I've met a couple that were douchebags and/or elitist pricks, but you get those in every game, and they're few and far between in PSO2 thus far.I knew dancing would be big. That is why I feel that they should make a DDR portion of pso2 maybe a special place to play it.

Aishiteru
Jun 27, 2012, 08:01 PM
I knew dancing would be big. That is why I feel that they should make a DDR portion of pso2 maybe a special place to play it.

I would actually participate in that. Make that pso2's pvp lool

Kuro-Neko
Jun 27, 2012, 08:03 PM
The community has been pretty cool so far, the only thing I don't really like so far is all the crude images people use in the lobbies, but there's only a few doing that so far. I usually solo missions but the few times I've done parties, people were very helpful but they don't talk much during missions though.

supersonix9
Jun 27, 2012, 08:06 PM
I hate it. Well, hate is a stronger word for what I feel.

SolRiver
Jun 27, 2012, 08:07 PM
Honestly, Block 20 was pretty terrible for a large majority of Closed Beta and it's been in a worse state than it's in now.

Still doesn't stop me from avoiding it though.

I'm having trouble understanding your statement.

You said majority of the closed beta, so that mean you are there at block 20 VERY often to be able to make this assessment. Then you said you avoid it... So that means you don't spend enough time there, which also translate to me as not qualified to make such assessment... which is it?

(I was in non-block 20 most of the time in closed beta now that I think about it, was never in block 20 much... )

ShinMaruku
Jun 27, 2012, 08:12 PM
I never met anybody on ship 2 DansGame

Home Dog
Jun 27, 2012, 08:13 PM
I think our community is great for the most part! The only people I don't enjoy are the ones that racist and inappropriate symbol art. After that, everyone else is fine.

Vennicus
Jun 27, 2012, 08:22 PM
I like it so far, it's kind of neat that there is a not-so-secret place tucked away where English speakers can convene. So far, most people have been very helpful.

Ryock
Jun 27, 2012, 08:35 PM
Super quiet, won't really answer anything. I partially blame that on the fact I used a Japanese name though.

supersonix9
Jun 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
It's filled with a bunch of trolls who feel the need to not answer people's questions, or act like normal human beings who talk about things other than the 'awesome' things they did in-game.

Coatl
Jun 27, 2012, 09:04 PM
All of those people spamming vulgar symbol art need to lose their accounts.
Seriously.

recursive
Jun 27, 2012, 09:05 PM
Pretty good, Ship 10 convert here (17 on 10, 16 on 2) - it's not as laggy as I originally presumed so I revoke all previous comments on how Ship 2 was a bad choice.

Seriously though, very friendly community going on.

Aeris
Jun 27, 2012, 09:29 PM
I usually hang around on 20 and help some people get their missions available on their list and answer questions if i know the answer or guess it, sometimes its a lot of trolling going about randomly

ashley50
Jun 27, 2012, 09:31 PM
I go to B-20 if I want to witness some entertainment.

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2012, 09:42 PM
I think it's been pretty good so far, though I will note that I do not hang around in the lobby much at all.

I try to greet everyone whenever I join a game or whenever someone joins one of my games, and that tends to help break the ice a little. I still get the odd individual who just refuses to speak for whatever reason, which tends to be a little jarring, but I try not to let it get to me.

But man, seriously, does everyone have to ask me about my name? ^^;

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 09:43 PM
But man, seriously, does everyone have to ask me about my name? ^^;

That reminds me, since I didn't ask you when we ran that Caves mission a few days ago.

What's with the name?

:wacko:

CelestialBlade
Jun 27, 2012, 09:46 PM
Y'all silly.

But you sure have reminded me how much fun I used to have bumming around lobbies in early v1 PSU. Had a ton of fun just standing around, dancing, and chatting up with all of you.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 09:47 PM
I am enjoying hanging out with you all, but that ANTI kid... He annoys me.

Scline
Jun 27, 2012, 09:49 PM
I don't know, guys, these Block 20 people scare me.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 09:50 PM
Y'all silly.

But you sure have reminded me how much fun I used to have bumming around lobbies in early v1 PSU. Had a ton of fun just standing around, dancing, and chatting up with all of you.

I think I saw you no less than five times today......and yet I never stopped you and said hello.

This is what happens when I focus on looking through menus trying to make heads and tails of everything while flipping back and forth between the game and Bumped. ^^; ^^; ^^;

Really gotta shrug off my shyness...

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
Block 20 is entertaining for sure. I have met some nice people there though. I usually have a low tolerance for the type of people block 20 seems to attract, but so far I have been able to ignore most of the annoying individuals.

What are my other options? What other blocks should I check out if I do happen to get tired of the silliness?

I would think blocks that are half full or less. They aren't as full (duh) and aren't as active I guess.

Although I would suggest moving around and not just sticking to one block, to have a better chance of meeting people.

CelestialBlade
Jun 27, 2012, 09:53 PM
I think I saw you no less than five times today......and yet I never stopped you and said hello.

This is what happens when I focus on looking through menus trying to make heads and tails of everything while flipping back and forth between the game and Bumped. ^^; ^^; ^^;

Really gotta shrug off my shyness...
I *thought* that was you, but I think every time I caught sight of you I was trying to figure out some sort of party command with my team :P So I hear ya there. Probability says we'll likely run by eachother again.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 09:58 PM
I *thought* that was you, but I think every time I caught sight of you I was trying to figure out some sort of party command with my team :P So I hear ya there. Probability says we'll likely run by eachother again.

Hulking grey refrigerator with blue water cooling lines? Yup, that's me. :P

Yeah, you and Zorafim both, I saw constantly, but I was always sorting things out on my end. XD

Ranmaru
Jun 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
Y'all silly.

Ah, seeing your sig name, I also saw you too haha.

I was Lance, the person dancing.

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2012, 10:12 PM
That reminds me, since I didn't ask you when we ran that Caves mission a few days ago.

What's with the name?

:wacko:
I knew I was askin' for it. ^^;

In case you're (half-)serious, 愛 for Ai, or "Love", 座 for Za, or ”(1) seat; place; position; (2) status; (3) gathering; group; (4) stand; pedestal; platform;” (and that's not even all of its potential meanings, just the only ones that make sense in a name). Hence, "Aiza".

I really only picked it because it sounded nice. Whether it actually makes sense is kind of secondary to that.

But it's also kind of nicely ironic, since Aiza is very far removed from a position or state of love, being an entirely cold-hearted super-bitch intent on becoming the greatest Fonewearl ever just so she can lord it over everyone else.

I have a habit of making my characters unlikable. Someone has to play the villain (or antihero). Things just get too boring otherwise!

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
I still don't know how people have party issues.
Sure I've ended up soloing once or twice, but just today I made a party to get free caves and people joined within five minutes. Soon it was a full party, but even when someone left, another person joined. We got to the third desert mission in about an hour and a half, and it was pretty great.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 10:15 PM
But it's also kind of nicely ironic, since Aiza is very far removed from a position or state of love, being an entirely cold-hearted super-bitch intent on becoming the greatest Fonewearl ever just so she can lord it over everyone else.

I have a habit of making my characters unlikable. Someone has to play the villain (or antihero). Things just get too boring otherwise!

....So that's why I was getting a serious "Do what we always do.....TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" vibe from that picture with Xeno in it.....

IT ALL MAKES SENSE! D:

XionAsuka
Jun 27, 2012, 10:15 PM

Amen on that one. Keep up the good work!

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
Amen on that one. Keep up the good evil work!

.....Fixed?

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
I knew I was askin' for it. ^^;

Well, that's neat. I like how it's the polar opposite of her personality. Ironic names are cool, especially for the gruff antihero types.

All I did was slap the first letter off of a 'regular' name, and replace it with a more 'exotic-sounding' alternative. However, apparently there really are women named 'Nassandra', but they're all 300+ pounds, and extremely dark-skinned, if you catch my drift.

I still don't know how people have party issues.
Sure I've ended up soloing once or twice, but just today I made a party to get free caves and people joined within five minutes. Soon it was a full party, but even when someone left, another person joined. We got to the third desert mission in about an hour and a half, and it was pretty great.

My experiences are about 50/50 with that. Sometimes no one joins a run for the entirety of the ordeal, and other times, I get 2-3 other people literally as soon as I enter the campship. I dunno what changes between each run. But now that I'll be doing Lv. 30 missions, I don't expect many people to join unless I ask them first.

Kanore
Jun 27, 2012, 10:17 PM
I haven't been in lobbies so lively since the height of PSO GC in Antares 8. PSU PC/PS2 lobbies were awful because the game itself just split everyone up.

Scrub
Jun 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
I wish more people joined my games. I'm lucky to get one guy to join for every 4 missions I play.

Maybe 'Rust in Peace' isn't exactly the eyecatching roomname I think it is.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 10:23 PM
I wish more people joined my games. I'm lucky to get one guy to join for every 4 missions I play.

I caught your room name and would have joined had I not already been on my way to join someone else, actually. xD I knew what it was from.

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2012, 10:27 PM
....So that's why I was getting a serious "Do what we always do.....TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" vibe from that picture with Xeno in it.....

IT ALL MAKES SENSE! D:
Hah! I really can't imagine her taking any henchmen, though. Too proud. ^^;

Amen on that one. Keep up the good work!
Why, thank you! I do try. ;-)

Amen on that one. Keep up the good evil work!.....Fixed?
Ostensibly. :evil:

Well, that's neat. I like how it's the polar opposite of her personality. Ironic names are cool, especially for the gruff antihero types.

All I did was slap the first letter off of a 'regular' name, and replace it with a more 'exotic-sounding' alternative. However, apparently there really are women named 'Nassandra', but they're all 300+ pounds, and extremely dark-skinned, if you catch my drift.
How... unfortunate. :-o

Out of curiosity, I googled "Aiza" and found out that it is apparently also a name of Basque Spanish origin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiza). And apparently there's a popular Filipino actress/musician who goes by that name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiza_Seguerra).

Ah, the things you can find with a google search...

BogusKun
Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 PM
I now have friends from about 6 major countries. I can communicate easily in English and Japanese so I have a good handful of friends, and 2 real friends on our ship with a few more jumping back on PSO soon. It's great so far. When my real friends are off my online people are always on. If not then I'm cool with many others.

njdss4
Jun 27, 2012, 10:55 PM
The community is fine. I haven't really been able to keep in touch with people I've played with because either they won't accept my friend invite (some douche said "I don't know you" after we played together for a few hours) or don't know how to accept an invite because they can't figure out the menus.

I think things will get a lot better for us as a community once the English patch is done (even if it's just for the menus).

gigawuts
Jun 27, 2012, 10:59 PM

Ha ha, I'll join if I see you.

KanekoSaya
Jun 27, 2012, 11:06 PM
I think everyone is really cool. PSOs community has always been cool though.

KyAniki
Jun 27, 2012, 11:23 PM
I'm usually in Ship 2, Block 23 and have only met nice and (sometimes very) talkative people.

Also, I can understand the inappropriate symbol art (which I've never seen in 23) but I had no idea dancing was so offensive to some people? I do it when I'm afk or to kill time for mag feeding.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 11:47 PM
I'm usually in Ship 2, Block 23 and have only met nice and (sometimes very) talkative people.

Also, I can understand the inappropriate symbol art (which I've never seen in 23) but I had no idea dancing was so offensive to some people? I do it when I'm afk or to kill time for mag feeding.

It's not really offensive, it's more like, in a server that's been pegged as the semi-official PSOw server, if people just sit there for extended periods of time and only dance.....it's just seen as somewhat rude, considering there are people who probably want to get in to run with friends, and the like. I've run three, four runs, taking short breaks in between, and I've seen the same group of people sitting there just dancing, right in front of the ship entrance. I don't mind them. I just wish they wouldn't do it right in front of the ship entrance.

Cavistus
Jun 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
I don't really get what people have against Ship 2 or Block 20.

I can understand how people dislike the obscene symbol art, but there's a blacklist feature for that.

I think way too many people take this game way too seriously. I'm not one of the dancers, but I've never had an issue with them. What's is so bloody sinful about dancing in a lobby? It's a neat gimmicky feature. Some people, myself included, keep the game running overnight. Some of them might be dancers. Personally, I just park myself on the lobby couch.

Almost every time I enter the lobby, some holier-than-thou crusader of boredom and mediocrity starts whining about the dancers and how immature everyone is.

Is it so devastating to your gameplay to see other people dancing and chatting? I'm thankful that we have a social community. Hell, I'm thankful we have a community at all. Of course there are bad apples, but people seem to be acting as though this is a new discovery in an online environment. Spoilers: It isn't. It's a lot healthier to ignore the bad apples, rather than ignore the entire community and condemn the entire block.

People need to lighten up, is all I'm saying. All this talk of "oh they're so immature", "oh block 20 is a horrible place full of trolls", "oh I thought our community would mature after a while", -- and here's my favourite -- "oh well the JAPANESE COMMUNITY is wonderful and better in every way, they're saints compared to the american baka gaijin trolls in block 20"

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What is the big deal? Good lord. People goof around, so what?

Ship 2 and block 20 is fine. People need to calm the hell down, because it isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. It's a social environment and it, like all social environments, follows usual patterns and similarities. For every asshole, there are 20 cool, friendly people.

There. Had to get that off my chest.

sugarFO
Jun 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
I wish there was a like button for that post, Cavistus. Well said! I'm so tired of the westerners thinking JP have no trolls or no immature people or whatever. It doesn't matter where you are from, it exists! And thank GOD our little PSO2 community doesn't have that many and I doubt it ever will. There's plenty of nice people with fun, colorful personalities and it makes playing the game so much more interesting.

If I see a symbol chat with boobs or a dick I just laugh and move on. It's not tarnishing my gameplay. And you can bet the JP are saving those symbol chats to their menus too!

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 12:28 AM
Ship 2 and block 20 is fine. People need to calm the hell down, because it isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. It's a social environment and it, like all social environments, follows usual patterns and similarities. For every asshole, there are 20 cool, friendly people.

Yes, some people take shit too seriously. As I said, I don't mind goofing off. In fact, I was goofing off for the last hour the servers were up earlier today. I just don't understand why some people 'goof off' for 90% of their log time. That seems stupid and wasteful, but hey, not my business. Doesn't mean I have to agree or like it, though. No one who's been 'playing' this since the servers went live should be under level 20 now (unless they work a lot or something).

But, in reference to tight-asses, someone was raging at my friends and I while we were dancing/goofing off (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/butterflyseraph/PSO2/pso20120627_214039_318.jpg), because they couldn't find a party for Hard Free Field Forest. He said something like "There are no parties for hard mode. All you people need to stop dancing all the time [and actually run more missions so I can have parties to join]."

Now, mind you, this was like 15 minutes before the servers went down. Why the shit would anyone expect someone to try and do a mission with that little time left? Unclench those buttcheeks, guys. It's a game, and PSO2 is obviously meant to have a fun, social aspect (emotes, rooms, etc.). So utilize it once in a while, and stop being SRS BSNS 24/7.

Scrub
Jun 28, 2012, 12:30 AM
id have no problem with it if it wasnt something i had to see every time i come outta my room from slaying a dragon or something.

im trying my hardest to pretend that the game isnt some big stupid animefest but every time i come out of the mission area and see 50 little girls doin The Waifu Shuffle i have to hang my head low and weep softly to myself. i dont bother anyone about it but i wish that there were different mission entrances or maybe a different social lobby place people could congregate at so i dont have to hear about people's favorite anime or see whatever retarded 4chan/reddit meme people just made a symbolchat all the god damn time.

oifjustus
Jun 28, 2012, 12:35 AM
I think it's.. awesome!?

Karahaut
Jun 28, 2012, 12:35 AM
id have no problem with it if it wasnt something i had to see every time i come outta my room from slaying a dragon or something.

im trying my hardest to pretend that the game isnt some big stupid animefest but every time i come out of the mission area and see 50 little girls doin The Waifu Shuffle i have to hang my head low and weep softly to myself. i dont bother anyone about it but i wish that there were different mission entrances or maybe a different social lobby place people could congregate at so i dont have to hear about people's favorite anime or see whatever retarded 4chan/reddit meme people just made a symbolchat all the god damn time.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I came to Ship 2 because Ship 4 (/vg/'s "no fun allowed" ship) was exactly that, but Ship 2 has proved to be the same, if not worse. Don't misunderstand me though! You guys have done a damn good job at bringing together English speaking players for more comfortable fun despite the large language barrier and it's very impressive, but sometimes ... well, yeah.

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2012, 12:38 AM

http://foundinthealley.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/haters_gonna_hate_display_display.gif

Coatl
Jun 28, 2012, 12:39 AM
If I want to wag my tail sporting bunny ears spamming anime symbol arts, then #@$# it.
I just went down a volcano that's probably over 5000 Kelvin, climbed the back of Dark Ragne and viciously bashed his cerebrum into mush.

With all this, I don't see why it's wrong to conduct ourselves light-heartedly in the lobby.

Karahaut
Jun 28, 2012, 12:41 AM
http://foundinthealley.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/haters_gonna_hate_display_display.gif

How does this contribute to the discussion exactly? You are just proving Scrub's point, you know.

@Coatl: Everyone does a little goofing off time. No one said you did not deserve it. It's just that no one seems to tone it down at all. It makes the Ship 2 community silly.

AdrainShepard
Jun 28, 2012, 12:44 AM
I loved it. :) Even though I saw Korra in there. :)

danielquasar
Jun 28, 2012, 12:47 AM
So, I have a question. I haven't run into this yet but I was curious what peoples thoughts are on users using opposite gender characters. I'm assuming for a not creepy reason but who knows. What are your thoughts?

And just so no one thinks I'm asking in a sneaky way, I do use a character model opposite my gender. Not for any reason other than, I like playing that way. It's probably one of the reasons why I get nervous talking to people. haha (dumb reason I know)

Coatl
Jun 28, 2012, 12:48 AM
So, I have a question. I haven't run into this yet but I was curious what peoples thoughts are on users using opposite gender characters. I'm assuming for a not creepy reason but who knows. What are your thoughts?

I think it's fine. It doesn't particularly mean anything. Most people that have a problem with it are stuck on the idea that you using a character opposite of the gender you identify yourself with in real life is against some norm the rest of us have no clue in.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 12:49 AM
But, in reference to tight-asses, someone was raging at my friends and I while we were dancing/goofing off (http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad172/butterflyseraph/PSO2/pso20120627_214039_318.jpg), because they couldn't find a party for Hard Free Field Forest. He said something like "There are no parties for hard mode. All you people need to stop dancing all the time [and actually run more missions so I can have parties to join]."

Now, mind you, this was like 15 minutes before the servers went down. Why the shit would anyone expect someone to try and do a mission with that little time left? Unclench those buttcheeks, guys. It's a game, and PSO2 is obviously meant to have a fun, social aspect (emotes, rooms, etc.). So utilize it once in a while, and stop being SRS BSNS 24/7.

I lol'd.

Anyways yes this is a game where people can chose to have fun in any damn way they please (with limits ofc like harrassing/hacking/pronz/ect). Dancing for hours on end? Go at it have fun! SRYS BSNS 24/7? Embrace the GRIND. I mean seriously this is a game, its full of people from around the world who have different opinions and ideas.

The uncouth symbol art? Personally I find it hilarious that people can be so crafty with the symbol creator, but im sure if any sega GM or offended person reports it, the offender will be punished. Some of the clean symbol art is pretty good!

From my experience the community is pretty massive. Blocks 20, 21, 22, and now even 23 are starting to fill up during peak hours. The bigger the community the more kinds of people you are possibly going to meet. Ive have meet quite a few people and its always been a fun time. Ive even played with some Japanese players that only know how to say HI and Thank You, and it was awesome.

Karahaut
Jun 28, 2012, 12:49 AM

And just so no one thinks I'm asking in a sneaky way, I do use a character model opposite my gender. Not for any reason other than, I like playing that way. It's probably one of the reasons why I get nervous talking to people. haha (dumb reason I know)

When it comes down to it, it is just a character. It doesn't represent you unless you want it to be, and if you are a grown man wanting to be represented as a teenage android girl or a grown woman as a small, young boy then that is more of a personal issue than anything.

You're character does not represent you. It is simply who you are playing as.

Cavistus
Jun 28, 2012, 12:51 AM

you're on a japanese server of an anime-themed japanese game made by a japanese company and you don't like it when people talk about japan or japanese things. Is there something that I'm missing? I hope so.

danielquasar
Jun 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
I think it's fine. It doesn't particularly mean anything. Most people that have a problem with it are stuck on the idea that you using a character opposite of the gender you identify yourself with in real life is against some norm the rest of us have no clue in.

That's great to hear. :) I guess I have less to worry about.

When it comes down to it, it is just a character. It doesn't represent you unless you want it to be, and if you are a grown man wanting to be represented as a teenage android girl or a grown woman as a small, young boy then that is more of a personal issue than anything.

You're character does not represent you. It is simply who you are playing as.

That's exactly how I see it. Just a character I am playing. :) I will try and be more social now.

Karahaut
Jun 28, 2012, 12:55 AM
That's great to hear. :) I guess I have less to worry about.

That's exactly how I see it. Just a character I am playing. :) I will try and be more social now.

Good! Be more social!

Enforcer MKV
Jun 28, 2012, 12:57 AM
Rage and stuff[SPOILER-BOX]I don't really get what people have against Ship 2 or Block 20.

I can understand how people dislike the obscene symbol art, but there's a blacklist feature for that.

I think way too many people take this game way too seriously. I'm not one of the dancers, but I've never had an issue with them. What's is so bloody sinful about dancing in a lobby? It's a neat gimmicky feature. Some people, myself included, keep the game running overnight. Some of them might be dancers. Personally, I just park myself on the lobby couch.

Almost every time I enter the lobby, some holier-than-thou crusader of boredom and mediocrity starts whining about the dancers and how immature everyone is.

Is it so devastating to your gameplay to see other people dancing and chatting? I'm thankful that we have a social community. Hell, I'm thankful we have a community at all. Of course there are bad apples, but people seem to be acting as though this is a new discovery in an online environment. Spoilers: It isn't. It's a lot healthier to ignore the bad apples, rather than ignore the entire community and condemn the entire block.

People need to lighten up, is all I'm saying. All this talk of "oh they're so immature", "oh block 20 is a horrible place full of trolls", "oh I thought our community would mature after a while", -- and here's my favourite -- "oh well the JAPANESE COMMUNITY is wonderful and better in every way, they're saints compared to the american baka gaijin trolls in block 20"

It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What is the big deal? Good lord. People goof around, so what?

There. Had to get that off my chest.[/SPOILER-BOX]

*pat*pat* Feel better now? ^^;

No one who's been 'playing' this since the servers went live should be under level 20 now (unless they work a lot or something).

In my defense, I end up taking constant small breaks because the game bugs my eyes for some weird reason. I really WISH I was 20. :/

but every time i come out of the mission area and see 50 little girls doin The Waifu Shuffle

Okay, okay, Scrub, I just want to say this: You're brilliant. Nearly bust a gut I laughed so hard.

LinkKD
Jun 28, 2012, 12:59 AM

lol, does the way people spend their free time in the ship or make their characters must really be a complaint?

if you like it, enjoy it. If you don't, ignore it

this is true about most things in society, you know? We can't control how people are or what do they like...that's why we're friends with only a few selected individuals and not everyone.

nothing is bad or wrong...it's just different tastes...if you dislike it, ignore it and eventually find individuals that do fit your tastes...if you can't do that, then keep hating.

the ship 2 community is NOT only that...I'm sure you can find individuals that you like among the community if you don't focus on the part you dislike.

and about the symbol chats...meme or not, you have to admit that it took quite some talent and effort to make those, over 200 symbols is hardcore for a simple MMO emote.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2012, 01:00 AM
I don't even know what that dance is. I hate it. I mean, I'm totally cool with /dance in games, but oh god what is with that awful dance

Ryoten
Jun 28, 2012, 01:01 AM
Let's see if I can explain Ship 2 block 20 in a way I guess everyone can understand. *ahem*

Block 20 is like this: You're getting home from work *or school or whatever* but you don't know what to do. You either go out & party with your friends *missions/runs/have fun* or you sit at home & complain with your friends how its nothing to do on facebook, whatever. *spam*

I get why people are mad/upset/butthurt about things but there is always a place where you can go to get away from these problems. Its called 'outside' or 'hobbies'. Don't get me wrong, I love to have a good time playing with people online but when it comes to a point where the game is unbearable to play, I just make the best of it. So putting it out there for people, try & I mean 'TRY' to get along with someone.

And piggy-backing on people not joining others on missions, put need help in your comment if need be. There are a lot of people willing to help ya out.

Coatl
Jun 28, 2012, 01:03 AM
I don't even know what that dance is. I hate it. I mean, I'm totally cool with /dance in games, but oh god what is with that awful dance

It's not cute enough.

gigawuts
Jun 28, 2012, 01:05 AM
Sega needs to put in some real dances. Let's get the robot in there. I should set up a petition. This is racism, not letting casts do the robot and all that.

edit: I also miss /handstand and /taunt from Global Agenda. Mm-mm-mm.

edit2:
I thought I'd chime in on this

I remember when playing PSOBB I ran into a few people that played opposite gender characters, for a few different reasons. I didn't really welcome the idea at the time as I was a fair bit younger, but in the years since then I've realized that reasons for things like that can range from not at all a big deal to a very complicated, personal issue. Because of that I've learned to not judge people. Just play as what you want, if someone doesn't like you because of something like that then they're really the ones with the problem aren't they?

Korten12
Jun 28, 2012, 01:09 AM
I like it so far. Last night I sat down and chatted with people.

Really wish the game would come back up... What time EST does the servers come back up on?

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 01:11 AM
Sega needs to put in some real dances. Let's get the robot in there. I should set up a petition. This is racism, not letting casts do the robot and all that.

edit: I also miss /handstand and /taunt from Global Agenda. Mm-mm-mm.

There are more emotes you can obtain from drops AC scratch I believe.

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 01:12 AM
i think there are allot of nice people, but also alot of retards with childish behavior which should be banned from pso2. like this guy called Hello You constantly trows random insults at people having conversations and trying to get into a fight :-? whats the point... anyway i hope after some time all the rotten eggs get bored with the game and only nice people remain. luckily nice people are still the majority :)

Hamskin
Jun 28, 2012, 01:13 AM
Hm.. Well i guess i was bound to make a forum account here sometime. Lurked the main site for a long ass time since i got interested into PSO from the xbox version then to BB and so on.

As far as ship 2, ill say this, i've met quite a few nice people. I'm not usually one to talk during missions and what not(Did the same in PSO and BB till afterwards), will if someone says something or asks something, usually a quite person myself. But i've met some nice people that went out of their way to help me out with missions and whatnot.
I guess i'd say i mostly only met nice people?, been playing since the 22ed or 23rd or so. I usually avoid the Lobbys, unless maybe i can help someone somtimes. I just don't spend much time in them so i can't say much.

All in all, my interactions with people have been nice there. Haven't had a bad one yet, hopefully it'll stay that way.

Scrub
Jun 28, 2012, 01:13 AM
you're on a japanese server of an anime-themed japanese game made by a japanese company and you don't like it when people talk about japan or japanese things. Is there something that I'm missing? I hope so.

if im a pso fan that means i should be all about playing as some little girl while spammin symbol chats of my fav anime loli and by no means shall i go three sentences without making some kind of emoticon. truly these are the things that japan holds most dear and i should be more accepting of such a noble culture.

lol, does the way people spend their free time in the ship or make their characters must really be a complaint?

if you like it, enjoy it. If you don't, ignore it

this is true about most things in society, you know? We can't control how people are or what do they like...that's why we're friends with only a few selected individuals and not everyone.

nothing is bad or wrong...it's just different tastes...if you dislike it, ignore it and eventually find individuals that do fit your tastes...if you can't do that, then keep hating.

the ship 2 community is NOT only that...I'm sure you can find individuals that you like among the community if you don't focus on the part you dislike.

and about the symbol chats...meme or not, you have to admit that it took quite some talent and effort to make those, over 200 symbols is hardcore for a simple MMO emote.

i think youre really overestimating how much i dislike it. it starts and stops at about enough to make a forum post on psow saying "man i wish i didnt have to put up with this stupid shit" in a thread that's about what you do and dont like about the community. of course i just ignore it and move on, i'm not exactly falling to my knees and cursing the gods over it.

MelancholyWitch
Jun 28, 2012, 01:15 AM
I like it so far, but perhaps there's too many clicks or just people who do their own thing I don't see what's wrong with playing with other people or some you don't know, most of us probably ran into each other in dc/gc days but don't really remember it, I for one think try to do some more community activities to get Sega to notice our existence more on their servers and see how large of a community we have for the game. The atmosphere reminds me of early gc and late dc days.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 01:17 AM
i think youre really overestimating how much i dislike it. it starts and stops at about enough to make a forum post on psow saying "man i wish i didnt have to put up with this stupid shit" in a thread that's about what you do and dont like about the community. of course i just ignore it and move on, i'm not exactly falling to my knees and cursing the gods over it.

This post is the answer to the misunderstanding that leads to 95% of the pointless e-arguments on here.

Also

"STOP DISLIKING THINGS, BECAUSE I SAY YOU SHOULDN'T DISLIKE THEM THAT MUCH, BECAUSE SELF RIGHTEOUS OPINION = EGO + E-PEEN POINTS!"

TerminalMontage
Jun 28, 2012, 01:30 AM
Seems just as good as PSU's community.

Galerianx
Jun 28, 2012, 01:33 AM
well not been on here for like years cant get old profile account lol so yea i play on ship 2 blocks 20,21,22 and 23 and yea i dance alot wen i cba to play the game as its in japanese and doing parties i just join every thing i can get in too and i talk wen i have too :}

LinkKD
Jun 28, 2012, 01:34 AM
if im a pso fan that means i should be all about playing as some little girl while spammin symbol chats of my fav anime loli and by no means shall i go three sentences without making some kind of emoticon. truly these are the things that japan holds most dear and i should be more accepting of such a noble culture.

@first part
it's a quite strong part in their culture nowdays though...I myself don't like it's exhageration or the overuse of memes...but you must indeed expect that from such a kind of game.

@second part

my bad then...I may have overeacted =w=...but really, I guess this is normal nowdays in most internet communities, Japan culture is increasily growing world-wide, sorting out the good and bad of it is a good idea.

I myself am weeabo/otaku...but I do dislike the overuse of meme, exhageration of fanservice and such.

so I sort out the good and bad parts about it for me.

Swaggu Robo
Jun 28, 2012, 01:36 AM
So far I've enjoyed the community. No problem with a little dancing.

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 01:50 AM
So far everyone seems real nice,ive only ran into one person i had to blacklist.

The memes and trolling....used to it.Especially from PSU.Also its the internet,stuff like that is always bound to happen.

RebhtheDark
Jun 28, 2012, 02:12 AM
So far I like ship 2. I have been trying to complete my 1st matter board so I havent been in the more populated lobbies, but when I feel the need for human interaction I jump to block 20-23 and chat a bit. Yah I see the rude people and symbol arts but its easy to ignore and blacklist. So compered to the xbox version in its hey days this community is much better.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 02:37 AM

uh oh baby's first denial about being a japanophile

Cavistus
Jun 28, 2012, 02:53 AM
The memes and trolling....used to it.Especially from PSU.Also its the internet,stuff like that is always bound to happen.

This. A hundred times this.

This "sudden realization" from the community hasn't put any sliced bread out of business.

Natsuma
Jun 28, 2012, 03:27 AM
I'd have regreted rerolling on Ship 2 with all that 4chan sh**.
You guys gave me all the reasons to stick on Ship 6 :-)

No retards, the english speaking players I met were all nice, and japanese players are cool when they have some english basis.
No bullshit, just gaming.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 03:30 AM
its really not that bad imo. not sure why everybody's complaining about the english blocks when you can just go to a different blocks. just go there to meet some people and then urge the people you meet to join a different block where it's quieter.

ez

scrub's complaint was pretty funny though lol

Boodendorf
Jun 28, 2012, 03:41 AM
Community is pretty fun, too bad most of the time my game doesn't load every models but just gray characters so I can't look at everyone in the lobby :/.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 03:43 AM
Community is pretty fun, too bad most of the time my game doesn't load every models but just gray characters so I can't look at everyone in the lobby :/.

If your pc can handle it you can change how many detailed characters it loads from the settings menu.

CrAZYVIC.
Jun 28, 2012, 04:00 AM
I love the comunity in the ship 2 - 20.

The ship 24/7 have english speakers.

You see dance parties all time.
All day there a good amount of parties 99% them are english players.

The comunity in PSO2 is like the PSO GC/PSO BB, im happy with this.

The comunity in the ship 10 is fantastic too. But a bit short for my tastes, this is the reason for erase my char there and maked one in the ship 02!

LinkKD
Jun 28, 2012, 04:09 AM
Hm...stating my opinion, I also do like the Ship 2's english community...

to put it in a way...generally speaking, they feel a lot smarter/civilized than most communites from other MMOs I've already played

I managed to find and add some companions already aswell...I'm usually not very sociable on MMOs...but I'm trying to make an exception this time...since it's PSO. Just grinding alone...isn't that fun.

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 04:29 AM
People just need to realize that Phantasy Star is 10% Gameplay and 90% Lobby Dancing :wacko:

In all seriousness though, I can only run missions constantly for so long before I have to do something to break up the monotony. I've played many MMOs and many games have several different attempts at ways of doing this. There's crafting systems, there's exploration factor, there's PVP....but, you know, nothing really does it for me like lobbies in PS games with all their emotes and chat options and such. I like being able to kill stuff for a while, but then it's nice to break it up with some lobby silliness. Constant grinds just feel like work to me, and I already have a damn job :P

riezahughes
Jun 28, 2012, 04:43 AM
Honestly, i think it's been pretty good. There's been a couple of times where people have been spamming talking about things that are pretty controversial... but meh. You can easilly ignore them :)

slave2pso
Jun 28, 2012, 04:49 AM
If lobby silliness/ socialness = carousing with a bunch of dancing weebs and meme-teens, then count me out.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 05:06 AM
Methinks some people are starting to get a very wrong idea about all of this.

It's not like it's arguing, flaming, trolling, and provocative symbol arts all the damn time. A lot of the time it's just people hanging out, chatting about whatever comes up. Jeez people, chill out with all this unwarranted hatred.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 05:12 AM
I don't have much an oppinion on the community. I'm online, they're online. We chat, we talk, we make fun of Eyce's 50% frost rod, talking about how frozen, and stiff he is. Typically, it's all fun to pick on your friends.

I've made a few friends that's about it, I've stayed away from those dance parties, just not for me. I'm not really out there to get noticed, and or hang out in large open crowds.
I'm certain it's fun! I've met a lot of nice, and wonderful people, I wish I would reunite with the pre-obt people I met. We played together almost on schedule during the two mornings. But I have lost contact with them.

Being max level, I've lost a lot of what I can do, I've met a lot of passerby's which I've added, for example, Sumeia/Duel or whatever. PSokid, those two Are more like people I've passed by, and down PSE with.

Then you have DTwo over there, whose a good doggie, wags his tail, and we have some interesting conversations. But - I'm simply going off topic, If I spent so much time analyzing ever person I met, I'd get nowhere.

In short, most everyone is friendly, surprisingly, except for my 'Friend Partner' npc, she's a bitch. All she says for autowords are all rude, crude comments meant to offset the positive ones you might normally. get.

I like Ship 2.

KiroMatic
Jun 28, 2012, 05:25 AM
I Agree, one of my favorite things about the original PSO was chatting with everyone in the lobby for like 2 hours then do a quick Max Attack 4 (I think that's what it was called, been awhile) then either get off or chat some more.

That's why I never got to level 200 in the endless hours I played but my guess would be I still had more fun then those people who got 69 characters level 200 and complained when you didn't follow there exact instructions.

Slidikins
Jun 28, 2012, 07:32 AM
It's not like it's arguing, flaming, trolling, and provocative symbol arts all the damn time. A lot of the time it's just people hanging out, chatting about whatever comes up. Jeez people, chill out with all this unwarranted hatred.

Actually, when I'm in the lobby it's just an endless stream of memes and symbol arts. If it were just people chatting and hanging out, I'd stay and join them for a bit. But it usually isn't, so I just go do quests or hop on another block and talk to the Japanese players.

When I DO get a party with English speakers they're usually nice and we have a good time. But the lobbies are just so... busy...

Polly
Jun 28, 2012, 07:39 AM
I think maybe saying that the entirety of Ship 2/Block 20 or whatever's downright rotten may be a bit much. Even I can cop to as much with my post generalizing a bit much based on my own experience with the game and community thus far.

I think that's a big part of what's happening a lot in this thread: Generalization based on personal experience. (again, I'm not excusing myself, having re-read the topic as well as my contributions.)

Obviously, each of us can speak from our own personal experiences on the Ships/Blocks in question. I think that those of us who feel a bit negatively about it let that sense of negativity bleed out a bit much in our posts and end up lumping everyone into the same pile, which then leads to those with positive experiences defending themselves as they feel like maybe they're being called out.

Soooo, maybe a step back a bit. My experience with the community thus far hasn't really been so great aside from the times I've spent with people on my friends list. Buuuut the fact that there are people on my friends list who I'd never met in-game prior to the beta launch tells me that there's some decent folk out there that suit my social and playstyles.

Also, I'm a hippie. Probably.

LOVE EVERYBODY!
> EVERYBODY

jooozek
Jun 28, 2012, 08:21 AM
Lobby part is awful. All you see is weeaboos spamming japanese cartoons symbol-art, and if that wasn't enough they've got attached sound effects for them. But the actually playing community that you met in the missions is rather nice, although you will find prejudiced people that will randomly throw a remark when they see someone they don't know in multiparty areas. Might be Touerette's syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourette_syndrome) though.

imarafan
Jun 28, 2012, 08:27 AM
I've been having a great time myself... Of course, this being the internet it was a matter of time before I found the pr0n spammer (that makes me wonder about that the Japanese people might think of someone who acts like this) but other than that I'm just peachy.

If I have a critic it would be about myself, first of all I tend to incur in a lot of activities that seem to be frowned upon here, I jump a lot in the lobby while playing with friends, I get into lobby dancing while I go AFK (or wait for one of my buddies to show up) but that's me being "annoying me" and you are most likely able to deal with it (not saying you have to, I actually believe most of you are able to do it).

What I would actually criticize about myself is the lack of help I've been giving to players in need, I try to answer questions every one and then but my knowledge of the game is limited and while I usually wouldn't say no to helping somebody with a run or joining a random, nowadays most of that time is spent helping and being helped by my team mates... I kind of isolated myself a bit... The worst thing is that I don't see myself changing for a while because there is so much stuff to do right now that I have pretty much consumed all my free time.

So while I think the community is great, I admit I haven't been the best member of it (outside of my team, they don't seem to mind the constant shouting and the Alex Louis Armstrong levels of acting/ham/campiness).

BTW if you see me soloing with NPC's it's probably me at work (which means I can't team play since I go AFK a lot, and I know about the V key but I'd rather be alone than being a burden for the people who are actually playing) or my nephew (who doesn't even speak English).

EDIT: Also, I tend to not talk in random games unless I'm being talked to, this comes from an awkward moment I had with a Japanese player, but I think it's about time I let that go, I'll change that once we're back.

EDIT2: I think I have worded some things wrong (I can't English today, I have the Espaņol), when I say "you can deal with it" I meant that while I reckon I can be annoying, I don't think I have reached unbearable levels, and most of you seem to have the patience to deal with my (I think) not so offensive actions.

Zinaida
Jun 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Overall? It's okay, sort of. During (our) primetime, I often see nothing but meme spam, but it seems to have calmed down. The spamming of splash arts gets old quickly though.

In actual missions, people are pretty great. I've yet to run into anyone rude, and everyone's pretty polite. I've been in many good parties, made a lot of friends and I've had a lot of fun. Not everyone is social, but usually breaking the ice and establishing you're either not rude/elitist/etc and a generally 'normal'/all right person greatly rewards sociable results.

A lot of people complain about there being a lot of locked or full parties, but I usually join parties pretty quickly. I've also seldom had a party where everyone left after doing the mission once. Everyone else in the party was in for the grind, and we all talked a lot and had fun.

I only wish I was level 30 so I could join people in the hard mode mayhem. :<

Akaimizu
Jun 28, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm gonna have to come up with a good special text in my description to actually get folks to join me in the game. At least in open Beta. I met some pretty nice people to play with in Pre-Open Beta.

But alas, I'll be off for a week, I'm about to go on vacation.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 10:37 AM
Overall? It's okay, sort of. During (our) primetime, I often see nothing but meme spam, but it seems to have calmed down. The spamming of splash arts gets old quickly though.

In actual missions, people are pretty great. I've yet to run into anyone rude, and everyone's pretty polite. I've been in many good parties, made a lot of friends and I've had a lot of fun. Not everyone is social, but usually breaking the ice and establishing you're either not rude/elitist/etc and a generally 'normal'/all right person greatly rewards sociable results.

A lot of people complain about there being a lot of locked or full parties, but I usually join parties pretty quickly. I've also seldom had a party where everyone left after doing the mission once. Everyone else in the party was in for the grind, and we all talked a lot and had fun.

I only wish I was level 30 so I could join people in the hard mode mayhem. :<

By the way, is your name by any chance taken from Last Raven? Also. :o Which block do you frequent?

Zinaida
Jun 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
By the way, is your name by any chance taken from Last Raven? Also. :o Which block do you frequent?

Yeeep. I love AC.

I frequent blocks 20 & 21. I swap between the two if I can't find any parties on the one I'm currently on.

velociti
Jun 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
Too much loitering in the lobby.
Not enough communication to start PSEs easily (and people don't know how beneficial it is to stick together as a team for multiparty areas, rather than wandering off soloing and locking rooms). When I look for a quest in hard mode, be it caves, forest, or desert, there are only about on average 2 rooms per quest, which makes code hunting ridiculously slow for the grind of lvl 20 to 30. (I am lvl 28 )
So with all that trouble, I moved to block 1 and there were about 4 parties working together in the multiparty hard caves, probably because these people know how beneficial it is to actually get a PSE, and lots of codes. If you want to publicly level up quick with english players, it isn't possible at all, because most people are just loitering/locking rooms. I'm stuck in a gap...

It really feels like the population is the exact same as it would be on a psobb scht server per block, 200 or so (not to mention half of the rooms are locked, where you will never get to meet these people ever, because they lock themselves out of the public). It simply isn't enough for players to cooperate together on the same quest, because there are over 30 quests, normal and hard difficulty. I wish they would link blocks together so areas would be much more populated and at the same time would then increase the need to cooperate.

In my opinion, this is the biggest problem sega needs to fix, not item pick up lag and damage lag. Don't separate rooms by block, they should separate lobbies by block, and inter-connect all areas in every block on the server.

Ryock
Jun 28, 2012, 11:21 AM
Actually, on that note, I need people to play with =(

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
Yeeep. I love AC.

I frequent blocks 20 & 21. I swap between the two if I can't find any parties on the one I'm currently on.

I'll keep that in mind!

Aeris
Jun 28, 2012, 11:31 AM
Actually, on that note, I need people to play with =(

Would be kinna hard to find where your character's name is but i don't mind playing with you =P

彩音~
Jun 28, 2012, 12:01 PM
Near impossible to find games to join because everyone is clogging up block 20 and 21 being afk in the lobbies or locking their rooms. It's terrible. I actually join up with JP players in other blocks when I want to do missions or grind with a team because they get their shit down very quickly and very efficiently

Zeota
Jun 28, 2012, 12:06 PM
I don't interact with too many folks outside my circle of friends in-game so I can't say a whole lot good or bad.

DemonMike
Jun 28, 2012, 12:20 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say 7/10.

A good mix of awesome English players and awesome Japanese players, but it's like I'm guaranteed to run into a dozen dicks each day. It'd be great if these were limited to lobbies, but nah, they some times like to join the games I'm in.

I pretty much avoid block 20 except for when friends are in there and invite me to join or when the emergency missions hit. Why? Constant begging for information that's pretty much got a guide for in the usual places, arguing about pointless crap, spamming their generic 'funny' symbol art every couple of seconds or afk-ing 24/7 doing some lobby actions that's just pointless and adds to server load.

And the ones that join open slots are even worse.. So many times already some one joins who's unacquainted with any one on the team yet demands items be traded to them if they're found by other members. "If you find ____ disc above level 3, trade it to me", "sorry man, haven't found any but I thought trading was disabled for now?", "UGH, just put it on AH for 1000, that's what every one's doing". Ignoring the fact they never say 'please', I love testing them for the response to my question about trading as it usually gives away their nature.

I still remember witnessing some one kicking up a shit storm in a multiparty area because another team member learned a skill he wanted. They said they were levelling multiple classes and needed it too, but the expletives still rained.

Then there's the players that come in and despite being the minority in the agreement, expect to get their way on how the mission is handled. Three times now, a team of 3 of us were just aiming for mob drops in hard mode city when some one joins, goes straight to area 3 and tells us to stop wasting time and head to Ragne. Explain what we're doing and we either get called out on aiming for shit drops or an alternative demand of making them party leader. With that attitude? Not a chance.

We once made a compromise with some one who wanted to beat Ragne. We said next time, we'll rush to it. Got there and he pretty much tried to order us to only let team leader in first. Me and team leader explained that solo version of ragne doesn't really have enough HP to withstand all the legs being broken for better drops. Still kicked up a fuss which wasted the time he accused us of wasting the previous round ironically.

Ah well. I just wish people would make their pathetic behaviour a bit more amusing, like the great "lag" debate during closed beta where some people were refusing to believe that there was still a bit of optimisation due when it comes large amounts of models in small areas because "But my e-peen is this big! It can't be my e-peen!"

But the funniest part of this whole experience are the players who love to insult the Brazilian gaming community, not realising that by their definition, they're just as bad!

Yamishi
Jun 28, 2012, 12:20 PM
I've been having a pretty good time on blocks 20/21/22/23. I never have problems finding a party for any mission I want to do, and everyone I've played with has been helpful and kind. I admit that I'm a little frustrated by afkers taking up space that could be used by people wanting to play, but it's not to the point where an entire block is away, so I'm making due.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 12:47 PM
@DemonMike: Fight Ragne full force, or not at all. :3 Don't ever listen to people who talk like that. You're taking the challenge out of it, Fight it within the time limit like the game intended.

And I feel you, there's always someone who thinks they're boss, or somebody who tries to tell someone how to play. Like they'r ebetter.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 12:59 PM
@DemonMike: Dear Christ, you must have had the worst luck possible. I've only ever played with friends since PSO2's release so I guess I haven't seen any of that but it's sad to see that trash has infested the PSO community. Luckily those kind usually get bored and wander off to the next game to infest that's fresh...however, now that it's F2P who knows...

I just really hope we can maintain the tight-knit niche community we've always had..it might ruin the game for a lot of people if it doesn't stay that way in PSO2. :(

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 01:04 PM
@DemonMike: Dear Christ, you must have had the worst luck possible. I've only ever played with friends since PSO2's release so I guess I haven't seen any of that but it's sad to see that trash has infested the PSO community. Luckily those kind usually get bored and wander off to the next game to infest that's fresh...however, now that it's F2P who knows...

I just really hope we can maintain the tight-knit niche community we've always had..it might ruin the game for a lot of people if it doesn't stay that way in PSO2. :(

Band together, let's learn how to knit! So we can keep the community tightly knit. :)

AynRand
Jun 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
I tend to keep to myself now, and play with a few others when they are on, one friend I first met back in 2000 on Dreamcast PSO, i havent really seen any OTT word art, no does any lobby BS annoy me as used to it and there was lots worse back in earlier days of old.

When I do make games i'd rather fill it with npc so I can make good progress without the wait for others to join, I have looked for other games but not really seemed to fit or were my level at the time.

Its easy enough to ignore things you dont like.

I'd prefer US servers when there is a wide community, in pso ep1/2 i would tend to venture to JP ships for challenge but regular game on US, I'd rather hope players I knew of old would return as not really in the mood these days to find new ones.

FerrPSO
Jun 28, 2012, 01:40 PM
The ocasionally spam of image symbols of anime girls with weird-hentai like faces are annoying.

Other than that everyone I meet has been really nice, although im more of a solo guy (thats because its a little hard for me to keep a conversation in english, its not my main language). I do like sometimes to hang in the lobby and have a small chat with the folks there between missions.
I dont really care aout the dance spam, hell I did it sometimes, and be sure JPs do it too.

I would like sometimes to join a JP party from block 1 for grinding EXP, but I think the language barrier may be too much (and not sure if everyione would be ok to having an english player in their japanese party).

Its true that is hard to get EXP in block 20 and so, because people doesnt pursuit Codes and stuff (I guess they still have the mind of PSO/PSU of just rushing to the boss over and over).

Kayaka
Jun 28, 2012, 01:41 PM
One thing I believe ship 2 is having problems with is the lack of "Teams" or better known as guilds. Normally when a game starts up guilds are all over and mini communities are being built. While this game has some teams up there aren't really that many (at least not with symbols at least). When I started out on PSO2 I didn't come with any friends and have pretty quickly built a good group of people to play with. I joined a team (was 2nd or 3rd member) and we have sense grown to 10-15 really active people. We enjoy helping each other and running missions as well as BS'ing during missions and down time. I read 90%+ of this thread and only a handful of people mentioned "team" play (a couple I believe are from my team). Why is this feature so lacking in PSO2?

On another note, yes some pics posted are quite uncalled for but as other posters have said it is the internet and you can't escape memes (still doesn't account for the disrespectful pictures). Also, while it is annoying dancers take up spots that others could be in to party with, we should all have a decent understanding that there are parties happening with english players in blocks 20-23. While you can't stand in one block and see 20 parties it isn't like you don't know where to go to find the other groups. It is a game which entitles people to play how they want to enjoy it. If that means dancing all day in lobby, so be it.

The community as an overall isn't bad IMO. When going into a game you must know that this stuff is going to happen and when compared to other games this isn't anywhere close to bad. The reason some past games may have had better communities could be due to that they were older games and most of the generations who do all these memes didn't go back to old game to troll everybody, but it should be expected in new games coming out today. As for me I try to help people when ever I can or at least direct them to these forums or bumped so they can hopefully understand the game better. I also don't have problems with my parties filling up and see quite a few repeat players. You can't expect everyone to want to group with you, even more so if you normally don't talk to other players, when they hardly know you. Go out of your way to get to know some people and maybe they'll do the same for you, if they don't just move on, but if they do maybe you should think about making a team so you don't lose track of these people and start to build a community of them. If you're a shy person, remember, this is a virtual world where you can experiment with conversations which can apply to real world societies so use it to learn how to get yourself out there.

Just a few quick thoughts with a lot of poor grammar mixed in.

TLDR: Form or join teams, don't expect people to go out of their way to get to know you if you don't make any effort to know them, play nice and offer to help people if you can.

I wish the best of luck to you all and hope to see you in game or on the forums and everyone is always welcome to whisper/mail/party with me whenever.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 01:52 PM
@Kayaka I have a team. I don't recruit so.. openly. I tend to target people I like, and most people in my level group. I myself don't have an icon for it. Simply because the symbol editor is a bit laggy in-game for me. I wish there were an external option.

SStrikerR
Jun 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Not that great, but nothing bad either.

I make and leave games open, and most of the time nobody joins. I join a game, and either it's some higher levels rushing through for matter board or whatever their goal is, or lower levels who either don't talk. One person never said anything after hi, and ran around the area regardless of what I was doing. I really hate that every mission is a completely open map, because it encourages people to run around and do whatever they want, instead of staying as a team. Spending 5 minutes running through a map and 30 seconds fighting at the end isn't fun.

As for the lobby bs, it just amuses me when I'm there from time to time. But it seems like most of my experience so far has been soloing, or joining parties and having the aforementioned experiences.

DemonMike
Jun 28, 2012, 01:59 PM
@DemonMike: Fight Ragne full force, or not at all. :3 Don't ever listen to people who talk like that. You're taking the challenge out of it, Fight it within the time limit like the game intended.

And I feel you, there's always someone who thinks they're boss, or somebody who tries to tell someone how to play. Like they'r ebetter.

Agreed! I love how the boss drops are calculated now, going for those breakable parts drags things out but it gets you some pretty wicked stuff!

Despite my experiences, I'm optimistic and have had a blast. Considering the time I've currently invested in the Open Beta, these are only temporary little blights. The only reason they really annoy me is that they have absolutely no sense of respect and the hypocritical nature.

The majority of players from PSO-W though are absolutely stellar but of course, there's one or two assholes. So few in fact there's no point letting them ruin the experience because they'll just go back to the their Xbox's or US PSO2 servers whenever they hit. I've got a funny feeling the encryption will change every update for the text files so it's just a matter of time before people give up on English patches.

I make and leave games open, and most of the time nobody joins. I join a game, and either it's some higher levels rushing through for matter board or whatever their goal is, or lower levels who either don't talk. One person never said anything after hi, and ran around the area regardless of what I was doing. I really hate that every mission is a completely open map, because it encourages people to run around and do whatever they want, instead of staying as a team. Spending 5 minutes running through a map and 30 seconds fighting at the end isn't fun.

As for the lobby bs, it just amuses me when I'm there from time to time. But it seems like most of my experience so far has been soloing, or joining parties and having the aforementioned experiences.

You'll get that from time to time and I'll admit, I'm often guilty of it myself. But don't worry, people are starting to realise just how wacky the mob count can get when you stick as a team going into a new block, so there's encouragement to stick together in that.

Look up Dhomochevsky in the ARKS player search and add me up man, I'll definitely be up for some missions.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 02:09 PM

Play with me. : D

Kayaka
Jun 28, 2012, 02:11 PM
@Fusioneko It is great that you have a team! I am not the leader so I am unsure about the symbol editor but I do agree that there should be external options to import emblems. I don't understand your openly recruitment comment as my post was not to invite people into the team I am in but rather start their own or possibly, maybe yours or mine, find one to play with and try to get in. If a team was just inviting everyone it wouldn't be forming a community but rather giving the community that they are trying to get away from another chat room to bug you in.

LionHeart-
Jun 28, 2012, 02:20 PM
No problems at all really. I've been soloing about 90% of the time at the moment (Change once the difficulty gets harder), but do join the odd Emergency quest or quests in general. When I do run with a team, they're all great, polite, while acting as a team.

You definitively find two extremities between PSO and PSO2 with the item drops and exp. Probably, why people are more relaxed then ever, because they don't have to worry about 'tagging' or 'sprinting' for the dropped item(s) lol.

If anyone remembers me from PSOGC, BB or U, then it be awesome to grab your card and runs :)!

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 02:22 PM
Ah I apologize, @Kayaka, but it's more or less I talked about teams, gotta bring more topic about teams. Some teams are willing to recruit anyone. And the whole symbol art thing is easy, just gotta have a symbol. I'd make one right now if I could :P

But yeah Teams are fun. I haven't actually seen anyone openly recruit except for maybe psokid.

redroses
Jun 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
I think the community is ok. But I do feel somewhat lonely at times.
Most of the time when (if people join at all, eventhough I always add comments like "come join") people join my parties they don't even say hello :c I mean, that is the least you can do. I always try my best to talk to people, but I am very shy, so when no one talks I will stay quiet aswell, because it gives me the feeling the other people don't want to talk anyway.
I really hope I will get to meet more people, and also people who will give me their card! I have met so many people a did one or two runs with, and I actually think they were nice, but then they leave and I never hear of them again. Which is really sad.

And I am not really happy in my team either, sadly. Some of the members won't respond to me at all, and I don't think that's really the point of a team. But I don't want to leave because all my friends are in it.

Anyway, I have just been very unlucky with the community, but I am sure it will get better.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
Most of the time when (if people join at all, eventhough I always add comments like "come join") people join my parties they don't even say hello :c I mean, that is the least you can do. I always try my best to talk to people, but I am very shy, so when no one talks I will stay quiet aswell, because it gives me the feeling the other people don't want to talk anyway.
I really hope I will get to meet more people, and also people who will give me their card! I have met so many people a did one or two runs with, and I actually think they were nice, but then they leave and I never hear of them again. Which is really sad.

And I am not really happy in my team either, sadly. Some of the members won't respond to me at all, and I don't think that's really the point of a team. But I don't want to leave because all my friends are in it.

Anyway, I have just been very unlucky with the community, but I am sure it will get better.

Well if you need a friend, you can always party with me/group up. :) Or ask anyone else around here. We all seem like friendly, somewhat social or even outgoing folks.

Seizure Bot
Jun 28, 2012, 03:05 PM

I haven't read the entire thread, and I can only speak for myself, but when I join a party, I wait to see what the rest of the party does before speaking. I've joined parties that snapped at me for chatting, even though we weren't in a battle situation. I've joined parties that yelled at me even if all I've done is merely mention that there's an incoming wave of enemies and, you know, heads up. I haven't had the greatest of experiences thus far.

So I've learned to keep quiet unless the rest of the party does otherwise. I'm not rude, I do say 'hi' and other small chatter, but otherwise I stay silent. It's not worth it, to me, to make a small joke after a tough fight and then have everyone pile on me for not taking it seriously or wasting time or one of a multitude of other reasons.

I can imagine there are others who feel the same way as me, so if you get a bunch of party leaders who are hesitant to talk, and a bunch of joiners who are hesitant to talk, nothing gets said since we're all afraid the other doesn't want to chat. I find that extremely amusing.

gravityvx
Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
It's funny, I use a controller and usually the most talkative in my groups. Just starting a convo usually breaks their silence and I end up with 2 or 3 more people on my friend list by the time we're finally done partying. All in all the community seems good, all have been nice and I haven't walked into a lobby with any ridiculous symbol arts...yet, but everyone that loiters there is still as goofy as ever and there isn't a terrorist x spamming racial slurs 24/7(anyone that played pso back in the day knows what I'm talking about).

Ayaleah
Jun 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
I've always found the PS communities to be be pretty ignorant. Sure, I meet some awesome people but there are so many people who have no interest in anyone but their little groupie.

I won't deny I prefer to play with just my friends, though if they aren't around I'm happy to mingle. It's pretty hard to find people on my wavelength. I'm quite a chatty, fun witted person and I certainly don't find many people like myself. Maybe PSO2 can proof me wrong.

Edit: Saying all that, some random person called 'tomato' did randomly start talking to me and some friends yesterday. It was nice meeting someone who could take me taking the pi*s of their name on the chin. It was all in good nature. Fun times.

Danisaur
Jun 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
I've always found the PS communities to be be pretty ignorant. Sure, I meet some awesome people but there are so many people who have no interest in anyone but their little groupie.

I won't deny I prefer to play with just my friends, though if they aren't around I'm happy to mingle. It's pretty hard to find people on my wavelength. I'm quite a chatty, fun witted person and I certainly don't find many people like myself. Maybe PSO2 can proof me wrong.

Agreed! I dont understand why most of em prefer to do their grinding in silence ;-;

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
I'm more than happy to talk to anyone, but I feel awkward starting a conversation; I feel like I'm bothering people when I just run up and talk to them. There are a lot of people like that, who aren't so outgoing, but are still fun to talk with/be around.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm more than happy to talk to anyone, but I feel awkward starting a conversation; I feel like I'm bothering people when I just run up and talk to them. There are a lot of people like that, who aren't so outgoing, but are still fun to talk with/be around.

I thought I told you to stop being shy, like you can avoid conversation with these 2 huge things :wacko:

Ayaleah
Jun 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
The best way to break the ice is to go up to someone and randomly dance.

Works a treat! ^^.

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 03:20 PM

I just assume they might enjoy someone coming up to them and join them/start talking to them. If they don't like it they I'd expect for them to say "Sorry party is full" or "Sorry going to quest cya" or just to ignore me.

Then I just keep going on.

Don't be afraid of annoying others! I'm sure alot of people would welcome it. I'm sure there is a way for people to avoid random encounters if they wanted to. : P

If someone comes up to me, I tell them to DANCE and just chat it up > then go WE MUST QUEST, ITS OUR DESTINY. Sometimes they just leave, some stick around. : P

The best way to break the ice is to go up to someone and randomly dance.

Works a treat! ^^.

I have done this haha. I will keep doing it as well. : P

Sometimes I dance in front of people who are already dancing, yet I haven't really gotten a response from them. They just kept dancing.

Yet me and a friend danced and we got friends from that. : P I will continue to do so.

WE DANCE

Cavistus
Jun 28, 2012, 03:25 PM
I feel like I'm bothering people when I just run up and talk to them.

You might be surprised but, at times, you exude that same feeling to others.

I know you don't mean to come off like that, but a couple times myself I've felt like I was bothering you just talking to you in the lobbies.

So you certainly don't have to worry about being self-conscious; more likely than not, people are self-conscious talking to you.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 03:40 PM
I thought I told you to stop being shy, like you can avoid conversation with these 2 huge things :wacko:

Well. I mean. Probably not. I had like 4-5 friends assault me in the Block 22 lobby yesterday, almost all at once. It was funny.

You might be surprised but, at times, you exude that same feeling to others.

I know you don't mean to come off like that, but a couple times myself I've felt like I was bothering you just talking to you in the lobbies.

So you certainly don't have to worry about being self-conscious; more likely than not, people are self-conscious talking to you.

I apologize if I exuded a seemingly negative "aura" at times. I get that way out of nervousness sometimes, but I don't mean it like that.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
I think that makes you a Darker. @OLAF

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
/pulls out my light daylight scars on OLAF *IT BOUNCES OFF HER TITS AND I FAIL*

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:08 PM
I meet some awesome people but there are so many people who have no interest in anyone but their little groupie.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as though you are surprised that people aren't leaving their close knit group of friends (which is probably the reason they are playing anyway) to give you a more enjoyable experience by grouping with you? I'm not trying to be an a-hole, just genuinely confused.

I mean, yeah I don't mind playing with strangers, but it's not as though I'll prioritize them if anyone of my "clique" is on; chances are that's more of a backup plan for everyone.

I do believe most people enjoy their endeavors in their hobby with the friends they joined with or enjoy playing the most with and if people were to step out of their circle for you or stop playing solo for you, chances are they wouldn't be very pleasant to be around anyway since that's not what they wanted to do.

TheKin
Jun 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
To be honest, The Kin thinks the community is a bit xenophobic. On ship 2, blocks 20-22, it's been difficult for The Kin to get any answers. Most people just dance and use vulgar symbol art and spam. It's really childish and immature.

Granted not everyone is like that, but so far the Forums has been far more helpful than the "community." The people who join The Kin's games are generally very quiet or seem like they don't understand English or simply don't want to talk much, which is sad as The Kin is a very social being in himself.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 06:15 PM
To be honest, The Kin thinks the community is a bit xenophobic. On ship 2, blocks 20-22, it's been difficult for The Kin to get any answers. Most people just dance and use vulgar symbol art and spam. It's really childish and immature.

Granted not everyone is like that, but so far the Forums has been far more helpful than the "community." The people who join The Kin's games are generally very quiet or seem like they don't understand English or simply don't want to talk much, which is sad as The Kin is a very social being in himself.

That could be attributed to your usage of third person. Not that I personally care, just giving you an honest reply.

TheKin
Jun 28, 2012, 06:32 PM
The Kin typically doesn't speak in third person on the game.T hat is mostly a forums thing, though he does at times, and yes some people like it, others hate it.

bradsta6508
Jun 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
My opinion regarding Ship 2's community is the fact that they are all badposting pubbies.

LinkKD
Jun 30, 2012, 11:24 PM
The Kin typically doesn't speak in third person on the game.T hat is mostly a forums thing, though he does at times, and yes some people like it, others hate it.

Idm it ...it's sorta cute even, but I have bad memories with someone that did so...so I'm about neutral about it =w=...I think it gives someone character if they decide to do it though, so nothing against it.

If someone comes up to me, I tell them to DANCE and just chat it up > then go WE MUST QUEST, ITS OUR DESTINY. Sometimes they just leave, some stick around. : P

I have done this haha. I will keep doing it as well. : P

Sometimes I dance in front of people who are already dancing, yet I haven't really gotten a response from them. They just kept dancing.

Yet me and a friend danced and we got friends from that. : P I will continue to do so.

WE DANCE

lol, you sound fun/funny XD

I myself don't like much to dance at MMOs...because I don't like to dance irl [?]...but that's probably because I'm not very outgoing =w=.

I've been having a great time myself... Of course, this being the internet it was a matter of time before I found the pr0n spammer (that makes me wonder about that the Japanese people might think of someone who acts like this) but other than that I'm just peachy.

If I have a critic it would be about myself, first of all I tend to incur in a lot of activities that seem to be frowned upon here, I jump a lot in the lobby while playing with friends, I get into lobby dancing while I go AFK (or wait for one of my buddies to show up) but that's me being "annoying me" and you are most likely able to deal with it (not saying you have to, I actually believe most of you are able to do it).

What I would actually criticize about myself is the lack of help I've been giving to players in need, I try to answer questions every one and then but my knowledge of the game is limited and while I usually wouldn't say no to helping somebody with a run or joining a random, nowadays most of that time is spent helping and being helped by my team mates... I kind of isolated myself a bit... The worst thing is that I don't see myself changing for a while because there is so much stuff to do right now that I have pretty much consumed all my free time.

So while I think the community is great, I admit I haven't been the best member of it (outside of my team, they don't seem to mind the constant shouting and the Alex Louis Armstrong levels of acting/ham/campiness).

BTW if you see me soloing with NPC's it's probably me at work (which means I can't team play since I go AFK a lot, and I know about the V key but I'd rather be alone than being a burden for the people who are actually playing) or my nephew (who doesn't even speak English).

EDIT: Also, I tend to not talk in random games unless I'm being talked to, this comes from an awkward moment I had with a Japanese player, but I think it's about time I let that go, I'll change that once we're back.

EDIT2: I think I have worded some things wrong (I can't English today, I have the Espaņol), when I say "you can deal with it" I meant that while I reckon I can be annoying, I don't think I have reached unbearable levels, and most of you seem to have the patience to deal with my (I think) not so offensive actions.

That's a quote from a bit back there, but the "Alex Louis Armstrong" acting levels called my attention...someone acting like him would be pretty funny/amusing XD

and... "Of course, this being the internet it was a matter of time before I found the pr0n spammer (that makes me wonder about that the Japanese people might think of someone who acts like this)"

right you are there...can't fight it, it's the internet lol someone will eventually do it, but yeah...I think it's unnecessary and dumb.

about the japanese...I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Japanese players actually made one or more of those emotes y'know?...not sure though, I'm not really sure about how their communities...but they're humans like us, I don't think their communities would differ so much, despite the fact they know wtf everything in the game means.

I apologize if I exuded a seemingly negative "aura" at times. I get that way out of nervousness sometimes, but I don't mean it like that.

Haha, I know what you mean =w=...I also get a bit nervous sometimes over socializing

and I wouldn't tell you're so shy, that's sorta cute! [?]...but like Ranmaru said, you shouldn't be so much...you're a fun person to talk to. And indeed, you're bound to be halted by people over your pair of...well y'know.

njdss4
Jul 1, 2012, 04:41 PM
The more I PUG on Ship 2, the more I don't like Ship 2. Leechers, afk-ers, people random bailing on a run for no reason without warning or even a goodbye, folks leaving me mid-battle and running off for no reason, and folks getting themselves killed by running off on their own. It's getting progressively worse over the last week. I have no choice but to PUG because I don't know anyone.

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2012, 04:49 PM
Haha, I know what you mean =w=...I also get a bit nervous sometimes over socializing

and I wouldn't tell you're so shy, that's sorta cute! [?]...but like Ranmaru said, you shouldn't be so much...you're a fun person to talk to. And indeed, you're bound to be halted by people over your pair of...well y'know.

Yes, I'm not so outgoing. I usually don't have the courage to go talk to someone (unless I already know them pretty well). They usually have to talk to me first. But, that happens sorta often because of...the reason you already said. :wacko:

I have no choice but to PUG because I don't know anyone.

That's something you can fix, you know.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 04:58 PM
That's something you can fix, you know.
True, but:

Leechers, afk-ers, people random bailing on a run for no reason without warning or even a goodbye, folks leaving me mid-battle and running off for no reason, and folks getting themselves killed by running off on their own.
With most of the people being either that, or random dancers and spammers in the lobby that don't even play the game in the first place, why would anybody even want to fix this? I know that I don't want to make friends with people I despise, and I assume that the same applies to other people as well.

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2012, 05:08 PM
With most of the people being either that, or random dancers and spammers in the lobby that don't even play the game in the first place, why would anybody even want to fix this? I know that I don't want to make friends with people I despise, and I assume that the same applies to other people as well.

This sounds as though you're implying that everyone on Ship 2 is scum. Probably not intentional, but that's how it came off to me.

There are puh-lenty of good, decent folk to play with. My suggestion? Ask around here on the forums first, because just about everyone who posts here isn't one of the aforementioned space-wasters.

If you don't have any friends/people to play with, and think that there's simply no one worth befriending anywhere, then you're the one with the issues.

Otaku27
Jul 1, 2012, 05:33 PM
Ive found some people to friend and play the game with just by jumping in games and having fun. I mean ive met the parties that when i finally load in i see 2 or 3 "GET OUT" it makes me laugh like your party is secret but u dont have a password to get in....but anyway ship 2 is a lot of fun helpful people and plenty of people to meet and just play.

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 05:33 PM
I know that there are good people on block 20. I had a full party of nice people to play with just today, and on a City mission yesterday, every multiparty was a load of fun. But that (very brief, mind you) part of my experience only speaks of the people who actually do play the game.

However, should you even try to set foot on block 20, you will invariably see a lot of idiots treating the game like 4chan, this forum, or whatever other hellhole they came out of - people are attention whoring, posting and reposting stupid pictures, and just do their best to confuse a videogame with a Chatango chatroom. I understand that endless grinding can just be as braindead stupid as that, if not more. But at least those grinding drones understand where they are and what are they supposed to do. People who idle or actively express their stupidity in the lobby and do nothing else have no excuse.

Boodendorf
Jul 1, 2012, 05:34 PM
I mean, yeah I don't mind playing with strangers, but it's not as though I'll prioritize them if anyone of my "clique" is on; chances are that's more of a backup plan for everyone.

I don't mind playing with strangers, actually I'm all for making friends since my actual IRL friends won't play this game for X and Y reasons lol.
As long as people don't mind my fantastic autowords, then it's cool. I often take 3 npcs with me when grinding a multiparty area to help everyone out there though, it's more efficient.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 1, 2012, 05:37 PM
I've run in to nothing but polite people while joining random groups and forming them for the city alert.

But on a more serious note we need more lobby dancers.

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 1, 2012, 05:49 PM
glad i switched ships! fun timez. ^^

Sp-24
Jul 1, 2012, 05:52 PM
It's just a popular block, and even then it doesn't speak of the entire community. You won't regret switching back to ship TOO much, if you decide to.

Kamen Rider Sting
Jul 1, 2012, 09:01 PM
Haven't been to Block 20 yet, if it's the official pso-world meet market server I'll check it out but knowing me I'll get booted on the first attempt.

Vintasticvin
Jul 1, 2012, 09:19 PM
I've run in to nothing but polite people while joining random groups and forming them for the city alert.

But on a more serious note we need more lobby dancers.

Yeah we need more lobby dancers in other outfits besides the crotch strap aka HUnewearl suit.

Vintasticvin
Jul 1, 2012, 09:20 PM
Haven't been to Block 20 yet, if it's the official pso-world meet market server I'll check it out but knowing me I'll get booted on the first attempt.

If you like a good party then Lobby 20 is th place to be lotsa fun and stuff going down plus we have the most top heavy dancers ~_^

BIG OLAF
Jul 1, 2012, 09:57 PM
If you like a good party then Lobby 20 is th place to be lotsa fun and stuff going down plus we have the most top heavy dancers ~_^

I dunno about that last part. Kirala, Takane, Genevieve, and myself usually aren't there.

Kion
Jul 1, 2012, 10:19 PM
I don't get a chance to play on block 20 very often. I can just barely play on a netbook and when i go from the server counter into the camp ship -my comp%te* st@rt# la+ging horribly and end up with a disconnect error.

Jrgsubzero
Jul 1, 2012, 11:32 PM
Why do people hate on the dance parties and lobby lounging? o.O

Staying within your own circle is fine but don't go hating on people who want to be social. I've had good conversations whilst dancing in the lobby. Never been to block 20 though, always full.

Honestly this is the first time I've ever seen people complain about other people being social in a city.