View Full Version : Ships 4, 8, and 10

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
Haven't been on there in a while, how are they doing in terms of:

* English population
* Number of people actually doing runs
* Frequency of locked groups
* Severity of lag

Also, for people who've been playing on one of these ships and ship 2, how do they compare?

JenTy
Jun 27, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm a bit curious too.

XionAsuka
Jun 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
I can only speak for 10, but lesse...

English Population: Fairly good. I always hang out on block 20 when possible (The one time I got locked out was during an emergency quest event). I know a few people here and there, and all of them have been very helpful. We occasionally get the dance party, maybe a little troublemaker here and there, but for the most bit, it's been great.

Number of people actually doing runs: Varies here and there. I almost always make my own group to do a run with, but I have seen a good number of groups. We still get a fair number of people idling in the lobby too, can't lie about that. But as far as runs are concerned, you can almost always find a group to run with if you check through the mission counter.

Frequency of locked groups: I personally haven't noticed many. The most i've seen them, though, were during Emergency Missions, and even then, it was only 4 or 5 of them. Other times, people had it set to friend only (I think), so not sure if that counts or not...

Severity of lag: Well, yesterday was an odd day for me. I managed to get a lagspike during a desert mission a friend invited me to. But it was the only time the entire day i'd managed to get it. The rest of the day (And all days prior to it), I played with no trouble. Lag-wise, and not counting yesterdays late-night mission run on my end, I think it's fairly little.

Hope that helps.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
I can only speak for 10, but lesse...

English Population: Fairly good. I always hang out on block 20 when possible (The one time I got locked out was during an emergency quest event). I know a few people here and there, and all of them have been very helpful. We occasionally get the dance party, maybe a little troublemaker here and there, but for the most bit, it's been great.

Number of people actually doing runs: Varies here and there. I almost always make my own group to do a run with, but I have seen a good number of groups. We still get a fair number of people idling in the lobby too, can't lie about that. But as far as runs are concerned, you can almost always find a group to run with if you check through the mission counter.

Frequency of locked groups: I personally haven't noticed many. The most i've seen them, though, were during Emergency Missions, and even then, it was only 4 or 5 of them. Other times, people had it set to friend only (I think), so not sure if that counts or not...

Severity of lag: Well, yesterday was an odd day for me. I managed to get a lagspike during a desert mission a friend invited me to. But it was the only time the entire day i'd managed to get it. The rest of the day (And all days prior to it), I played with no trouble. Lag-wise, and not counting yesterdays late-night mission run on my end, I think it's fairly little.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, it does.

I'm surprised at how few people even looked at this.

Consider this post a bump for more info.

MrShoestore
Jun 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
Im on ship 10 as well.

* English population - fairly good amount on block 20... and overall I see more english names than japanese names (even when i first load in random block). But that could very well be related to tme zones.
* Number of people actually doing runs - I'm not so sure about this one. I do runs the whole time for the most part, and when I actually get people to play with (not often), they will be doing runs all night as well. There are a lot of tiny dancers... and the spamming of symbolarts that you get in 2 im sure. When I see people like that they remind me of tween mall dwellers... just being a burden in public for the shear art of being a burden in public. There will be a number of people asking for help with runs, some get responses, some don't. I try to help if I can.
* Frequency of locked groups - I don't see a ton, but the frequency has been gaining. I presume due to people actually figuring out how to lock it. I've come across the situation multiple times where I join a party when they first start, and shortly after jumping into the pool to start playing, i'll be booted out. I presumed they didn't want me playing with them... I don't know. I tend to lock my quests when i'm doing something that I don't want to bother other people with... like testing PAs or weapons, etc.
* Severity of lag - I have had my fair share of lag here and there. Biggest issues I've had is enemies that dont die/ lag in item pickup, enemies that don't load for me that my party is fighting (that may be on my end) and once the free forest boss didn't load, leaving me stranded.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Sounds nicer than Ship 2 to me... I think I might have to spawn a character over there.

Polantaris
Jun 27, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm on Ship 4 myself. I haven't played too much(damn you, work!), but this is what I've noticed:

English population - Except for friends that I've personally invited, I've not seen anyone at all. I heard that there were a lot of people from 4chan or something like that going to Ship 4, but I have no idea what Block they frequent, and I probably never want to find out if they act anything like people in Ship 2 do. They're definitely not making a scene outside of whatever Block they go to, if they even exist.

Number of people actually doing runs - A good amount, but if you were to join Ship 4 you better learn some generic Japanese so that you can have some form of contact with people you join. The people I've played with are typically pretty nice, though, happy to help out if you know how to ask.

Frequency of locked groups - About 50/50. If I have a problem finding a mission I need, I just change Blocks and usually am fine.

Severity of lag - During peak Japanese times it's brutal. Almost every Block is full and there's frequent lag spikes. At night time in EST, it's non-existent, barely noticeable if there's any at all.

KurotenZer0
Jun 27, 2012, 07:47 PM
Ship 10 player here

English Community; like others above have said, it's fairly decent around block 20. There are a few dance parties going on and a little lobby idle, but a lot of the time I've seen people recruiting for runs and trying to help out others. The Japanese half of our ship tends to shy away from block 20, but if they do get on, they're helpful as well (when they speak english ^,^" )
Run Frequency; pretty gosh darn frequent, some people have already dinged 30 and are already opening parties for free run desert XD. You're bound to find a locked party or two, but if you do jump into a field solo, you're bound to run into another party who's willing to help.
Lag Severity; The lag isn't frequent, but when it hits it hits HARD. Since the begining of the open beta I've managed to get caught in about 5 or 6 20 second to solid minute lag spikes. Keep in mind I said total, and I play quite often.

All in all, Ship10 is shaping into a tight-nit community of friendly people who just wanna play the game and have a blast...just watch out for the dance parties...

TecherRamen
Jun 27, 2012, 09:07 PM
Ship 10..

The english community
is good. it feels like a small town not a big city. Even if I dont have people added as freinds I still see them around. Everyone is freindly and helpfull and there are good players aswell.

Run frequency
I was on for almost a whole day(as in 24 hours..) and always could find some one doing runs. There is the occasional locked party but you can join almost all of them.

Lag
I almost never experience server lag. It does exist, but on the whole I would not complain at all

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 10:30 PM
Crap, I wish we could buy extra character slots already. I want to start a character in ship 10.

Gamemako
Jun 27, 2012, 10:35 PM
10 is an all-day dance party.

Population is still enough to keep block 20 pretty much full.

Alena Zouryx
Jun 27, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm a proud ship 10 resident, and I'd have to say, the community is incredibly fantastic and friendly. I do spend a lot of time in the lobby accepting questions from players who can't read Japanese or are inexperienced with the PSO series and mechanics.

But yeah... I highly recommend ship 10, but make sure to come to block 20. That seems to be where most of us hang out... which is a shame. 10-10 is more fun to say. :P

XionAsuka
Jun 27, 2012, 10:47 PM
Heeey, Alena appeared! Yeah, I can definitely vouch, Alena is one of the most helpful people you'll find on Ship 10, Block 20.

Jk_Alentejano
Jun 27, 2012, 11:02 PM
I was on ship 10 but i changed to 2 when it opened due to some friends being there, but i had a japonese friend in ship 10 so if someone would search for is name in the vision thing and send him a message from me, would be appreciated. Just send me a pm in the forum if you want to help. thanks

Alena Zouryx
Jun 27, 2012, 11:08 PM
Heeey, Alena appeared! Yeah, I can definitely vouch, Alena is one of the most helpful people you'll find on Ship 10, Block 20.

Heh, yeah... I've been a member of PSOW since 2002, but rarely browse the forums 'cause I have fear of trolls. ;~;

... well, more like no patience for trolls.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 27, 2012, 11:11 PM
I made my character on ship 8 just because of the name of the ship
The amount of English names and such that I see is very small. Then again, I have no idea if all ship 8 English players try to stick to one block

XionAsuka
Jun 27, 2012, 11:21 PM
Heh, yeah... I've been a member of PSOW since 2002, but rarely browse the forums 'cause I have fear of trolls. ;~;

... well, more like no patience for trolls.

Ah, I see. o= I only joined recently, haha. Though i've been aware of the forums ever since I started playing PSU. I just never had a reason to sign up until now. It's been fun so far, you've helped me out quite a bit. XD

Lucky Cat
Jun 27, 2012, 11:46 PM
I'm on Ship 4 myself. I haven't played too much(damn you, work!), but this is what I've noticed:

English population - Except for friends that I've personally invited, I've not seen anyone at all. I heard that there were a lot of people from 4chan or something like that going to Ship 4, but I have no idea what Block they frequent, and I probably never want to find out if they act anything like people in Ship 2 do. They're definitely not making a scene outside of whatever Block they go to, if they even exist.

Number of people actually doing runs - A good amount, but if you were to join Ship 4 you better learn some generic Japanese so that you can have some form of contact with people you join. The people I've played with are typically pretty nice, though, happy to help out if you know how to ask.

Frequency of locked groups - About 50/50. If I have a problem finding a mission I need, I just change Blocks and usually am fine.

Severity of lag - During peak Japanese times it's brutal. Almost every Block is full and there's frequent lag spikes. At night time in EST, it's non-existent, barely noticeable if there's any at all.
Ship 4 block 44, all the English speakers are there. I play during evenings/nights CST and haven't had any problems meeting people or getting groups. Lag is pretty sparse now but still noticeably there.

KanekoSaya
Jun 27, 2012, 11:50 PM
Crap, I wish we could buy extra character slots already. I want to start a character in ship 10.

I hope even though we are in america we can buy arks cash

Alena Zouryx
Jun 28, 2012, 12:00 AM

I don't see why they wouldn't accept American credit cards... but if they don't, perhaps they'll support services such as PayPal.

Kritzinger
Jun 28, 2012, 12:11 AM
Ship 4

Ch. 44 has a large majority of English speakers from 4chan, usually at 4/5th maximum occupancy during evenings.

Ch. 42 has a small group of English speakers from 4chan, usually 2/5th maximum occupancy.

Everyone is very well behaved.

Ryanbom
Jun 28, 2012, 12:57 AM
I made my character on ship 8 just because of the name of the ship
The amount of English names and such that I see is very small. Then again, I have no idea if all ship 8 English players try to stick to one block

My roommate and I are on ship 8. Send me a request and we will party up sometime.
Player ID: Fuckchop
Character Name: Sebastian

jwplayer0
Jun 28, 2012, 03:47 AM
I'd actually like to know if their is anyone on the forum in ship 1, I didnt think about doing any research about where the english speaking people would be at until it was too late and I was already lvl 10 (which isnt much, but im too lazy to re-level and redo Client Orders)

Now the problem is that party's are always locked or full and its hard to get help with so many communication barriers ;_;

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 28, 2012, 11:23 AM

*cough*Canada*cough*

Kazzi
Jun 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
I'd actually like to know if their is anyone on the forum in ship 1, I didnt think about doing any research about where the english speaking people would be at until it was too late and I was already lvl 10 (which isnt much, but im too lazy to re-level and redo Client Orders)

Now the problem is that party's are always locked or full and its hard to get help with so many communication barriers ;_;

I have another account on ship 1 but english speakers players are near non-existant. You need to have a good level of Japanese to party with people here as this is where most of those who frown upon the English community are. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who can't write Japanese, you're better off jumping ship. Ship 1 is the primary Japanese ship, followed by Ship 3.

velociti
Jun 28, 2012, 11:33 AM
I don't understand why people play on server 10, server 2 was only locked for 1 day. The game has been out for over a week, you could have easily gotten to 30 by then (im lvl 28 and didn't play the first 2 days because server 2 was locked, played on server 10 instead, then deleted the char when server 2 opened). I remember the main reason people stayed at 10 was because they were scared the "hardcore server 2 players" would be way ahead of them by the time their characters were created. Oh, not to mention the level cap is 30, I would be scared if the cap was 200, and levelling was more dependent on multiparties. You guys are only splitting the community more... just my opinion.

Dumpling
Jun 28, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'm on ship 10 - whichever block takes my fancy that day.

Tbh I would have avoided Ship 2 anyway because in PSU and PSOBB that ship was always far too crowded with many people spamming general chat. I preferred a slightly quieter life and old habits die hard.

Seira7
Jun 28, 2012, 11:49 AM
Why not have separate communities? We will end up having them in the English version too.
I am an older, married player and not into the lobby after school special stuff/dance parties or meet and greet/pso world events/whatnot...not that those things are bad it is just not for me... I just want to play the game when I get the time. And I have met a PSO vet from wayyy back on Ship 10 and that made me so happy =) So yea I don't really feel like transferring.

franstormer
Jun 28, 2012, 01:51 PM
im in ship8 and we're always hanging in block35 :)

Neirene
Jun 28, 2012, 01:57 PM
I know it's not related to the ships numbers mentioned on this thread but i'm playing on ship 5 block 11 usually we are a little group of english speaking players and japanese players that can talk in english as well .

If you consider joining this rare ship just to let you know we speak english over there too.

Xeno88
Jun 28, 2012, 02:05 PM
May I ask what is quite so bad about ship 2? I didnt see much symbol chat spam or any other bad behavior during the (albeit brief) times ive played

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
May I ask what is quite so bad about ship 2? I didnt see much symbol chat spam or any other bad behavior during the (albeit brief) times ive played

Some people, myself included, like the "small town", friendly vibe of ship 10.

Back in the day in PSU, I would stay away from Uni 2 and play on Uni 11. The main local of the PSOWorlder's always seems to be full of BS locked parties and whatnot.

harm
Jun 28, 2012, 10:00 PM
I play on ship 4. I haven't seen much of an English speaking community, but the community in general is great, even with my very very poor Japanese language skills I've managed to make a few friends.

Skids
Jun 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
I started on ship 10 for bit but jump to ship 2. Mainly because I found out the bulk of my old PSU friends were on Ship 2. Yet my experience ship was very good. Lot of nice english players. Very friendly and good to play with. Block 20 is the main english block and everythign their seem pretty good. The block 20 picture spam isn't as bad as on hsip 2. Ship 10 is tame in the regard but lots of dancing. So hopefully when they have more allow character slots. I may go back to ship 10.