PDA

View Full Version : Lifelong RAmar thinking of switch to HUmar

Ryoga4523
Jun 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
I have been playing a ranger since PSO v1 on DC, and played ranger all the way to PSO 2 OBT, and I am kinda thinking of making a hunter now (my second character would always be a force though, just an fyi). If there are any rangers turned hunters, what is the reason why you switched? I do like the fact that they actually added PA's for hunters, and not stupid types of bullets that run out when you have no more PP left (aka PSU). Any thoughts from hunters who love playing as hunters are welcome as well.

Dragwind
Jun 27, 2012, 06:24 PM
Do you want to focus on one class only? You don't have to make another character to try out ranger in PSO2. You can just switch your class, and then switch back.

Agitated_AT
Jun 27, 2012, 06:30 PM
What dragon said. Go ahead and try out the hunter class, you can always change back to any class which is really a good decision they made. Easy way for people to start from scratch again without hassle

Shadix
Jun 27, 2012, 06:56 PM
Hey! Longtime RaMar here myself. RaMar is probably the funnest its ever been in any phantasy star iteration. The 3rd Person mode and the way the PAs integrate are fun as heck :). Its hard to go wrong with any class combo though.

Not to mention not many people are playing the class. Not sure if its just because everyone's burned out from PSO1 or other possible connotations but I've yet to see a non-npc RaMar besides myself in game. heh

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 09:01 PM
I play RaCaseal and HuCaseal side-by-side (they're always the same level so long as I can help it).

I decided to play hunter because, unlike PSO1/BB, you can DODGE.

MIND = BLOWN #1.

Also, partisan PAs and Sword Gear are OP as HELL (not really, but they're awesome).

MIND = BLOWN #2.

Lastly, they allow you to actually try and not rape everything from 10 miles away, which makes the game more entertaining when you've got 2 Ragnes and a code attack on your ass.

MIND = you get the point.

IceBlink
Jun 28, 2012, 06:27 AM
From what I hear, Rangers currently are OP regarding boss fights thanks to weak shot.

Just something to think about. :3

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 06:28 AM
Question. If you change a class, does your level in the original class become 1 again?

dilakri87
Jun 28, 2012, 06:35 AM
Question. If you change a class, does your level in the original class become 1 again?

No, class level stay the same as you left them.

Dinosaur
Jun 28, 2012, 07:42 AM
Mar is one of the worst rangers compared to the other race/genders(I would rank him 5th, right above RAnewearl) BUT he's one of the best Hunters in the game(very close 2nd place to HUcast).

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 08:09 AM
here's my opinion from closed beta. and ive been playing ranger+force in ob and can say its probably gonna be the same again.

Rangers(launcher): most overpowered overall, easiest to play. low survivability.
Forces: Very powerful at higher levels maybe even more so than rangers, easy to play, highest survivability because of invincibility frames when dashing and long ranged combat. u can attack a ragne head on
Hunters: Weakest of all, hardest to play, lowest survivability.

ill play hunters last again, doesnt mean i dont like them though. ive always been a ranger in every pso game and never liked the other classes but i like them all now, and my top 3 is a little different now too

1. my favorite is now force.
2. ranger
3. hunter

edit: if u want max attack power go with racast, hucast, fonewman

oifjustus
Jun 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
I just recently swapped from ranger to hunter.. just because I seem to have more fun playing hunter having to dodge/block and time my attacks.. With ranger I could just sit back with launcher and destroy everything.. It was fun for awhile, then I lost interest. I've always been more of a melee class person in mmo's anyways. From PSODC-PSU, althought i only tried ranger on PSO2 because of the 3PS element, in the end melee won me over.

Ryoga4523
Jun 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
thanks for all of the advice. I may end up starting over as a RAcast or HUcast. I always liked playing ranger because of the different special weapons that rangers could use (L&K14 Combat was my absolute favorite) but now that we are essentially playing PSO 2 at the beginning stages, I am perplexed as to whether I wait out the storm and hope that they have really awesome ranger special weapons or special PA's (just thought of that, would be really cool to have special PA's that drop and are super rare) or switch to a hunter, or even a force, and enjoy playing and not have to wait for the weapons to come out to make me happy.

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hunters are really awesome this time around...I switched to hunter haha