PDA

View Full Version : I seem to have offended some of the NPCs.

Mag-X
Jun 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
So, the NPC on the left and right side of the quest counters, and the little newman guy near the shops will not let me accept any missions from them. The ones near the quest counters even have sad faces next to them in the Client Orders menu. WTF?

Screenshots:
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/jWtpD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H4lAM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r6iad.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Deviruki
Jun 27, 2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe you have the max amount of quests received?

IndigoNovember
Jun 27, 2012, 08:45 PM
They start out like that. I am not sure how to make them happy. If we get them as party members later, we can summon them, but otherwise I suppose the only way would be to continue doing their client orders.

Vylera
Jun 27, 2012, 08:57 PM
You have max quests. That's almost guaranteed to be the reason.

If clients refused to give orders because they were pissed...how would you go about making them unpissed in the first place?

That chick and the black ranger guy with sunglasses is always angry in the client list. I've completed all their orders and they're still angry face at me.

mhjc
Jun 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
Since those are daily quests, you can easily fill up your max client order accept amounts by just taking 2~3 from either one of them.

You should finish some other quests then come back to them.

Mag-X
Jun 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Ah, OK. I found a list of translations for the client orders and started actually working on some of them. Too bad the servers are down for the next day...

Does giving up on some quests clear them out? There's no way I'm going to change my class to talk to Maloo as a force any time soon, and trying to solo the dragon with NPCs is impossible as a ranger. My bullets basically bounce off of him, and the bastard one hit kills me when he does his death from above move.

Macman
Jun 27, 2012, 09:08 PM
trying to solo the dragon with NPCs is impossible as a ranger. My bullets basically bounce off of him, and the bastard one hit kills me when he does his death from above move.
Ranger is the easiest class to fight Vol Dragon with. Just keep shooting him in the horn, then start shooting his tail crystal when he gets armor over his horn.

You have well over 10 seconds to get the hell away from him when he uses his giant fireball attack.

Mag-X
Jun 27, 2012, 09:10 PM
You have well over 10 seconds to get the hell away from him when he uses his giant fireball attack.

I use free aim and never stopped moving. He still got me. It was lame.

Home Dog
Jun 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Like everyone else said, you do have the maximum amount of quests accepted. (20 quests) If you have any finished, turning those in would be a good idea before accepting others.

Macman
Jun 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
I can always tell when he's using the attack because his wing-flaps are slower than usual, so I stop shooting, run straight far away, then move sideways and roll at the very last second that fireball hits. The roll is just enough to put me out of the explosion.

Alternatively you can always weak bullet his tail and smash the crystal once he gets his armor up, preventing him from doing the attack in the first place.

franstormer
Jun 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
when his trying to shoot the fireball from above just stand under him :)

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
Well, you can't accept anymore because your log is full, but the frown is normal. if you get them as NPCs, just run missions with them. And I'd assume completing orders works towards increasing that relation, as well.

Arande
Jun 27, 2012, 09:18 PM

urge to quote team 4 star's DODGE jokes...

Seriously, it's one of those "dodge or die" attacks, just gotta learn the timing.

HandOfThornz
Jun 27, 2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, i just confirmed this earlier. You can have only 20 client orders open at one time.

I got into a complete mess with the client orders. So i cancelled all of them once i reach ranger level 30.
I'm now going through one by one. Then as i complete a client order i change class and get the EXP added onto the hunter or force class.
It's a great way to not feel like your not getting EXP, i have the force class up to lvl11 from 5 client orders.

Oh and if you see a sad or neutral npc face on the mission lobby npc selection screen, just run a few missions with them. They soon perk up ;)

Macman
Jun 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
I believe the angry face on the client order menu just means it's an NPC that you cannot bring with you on missions.

Gama
Jun 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
About the angry face, get his card... get a couple of S ranks with him in the party. i got a smiley face with maloo that way... and grants and gigrants i might add... :3

she also greet me in a diferent way , seems to greet me in a sweeter friendlyer way, not the shy version...

Mike
Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
About the angry face, get his card... get a couple of S ranks with him in the party. i got a smiley face with maloo that way... and grants and gigrants i might add... :3

I don't think you get the partner cards for either of the two givers of daily client orders.

Alena Zouryx
Jun 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
The issue is, in fact, that your client orders are maxed.

However, for NPCs who eventually give you their partner cards, you can increase their affection level (angry -> neutral -> happy) by S-ranking missions with them. It doesn't matter what difficulty they are, as long as you S-rank the missions. For this reason, it's really easy to just do speed Forest Mission 1 runs and boost the NPCs' affections.

Also, after certain amounts of S-ranks obtained with an NPC's company, if you talk to them (and select the first option) they'll give you gifts.

Most notable are Maru's gifts... since she gives you Grants and Gigrants. As far as I can tell, these gifts are given after 5//10/15/20/etc etc S-ranks have been completed with them.

TierrenZX
Jun 28, 2012, 05:08 AM
In regards to Vol Dragon when he flies up to launch that fireball, just simply run up under him. He can't aim downwards and the fireball gets thrown someplace else. I've only gotten killed once by that in the Closed Beta cause I didn't know what to do at first. After realizing going under him works, I never got hit by that attack again :D

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
Vol Dragon is also easy as a ranger, you have dive roll.. seriously. :P use it. Dive roll helps great, timing is perfect, shoot shoot shoot. As someone who uses a launcher, dive roll is important to giving me that edge of mobility.

If you use a rifle, then consider dive-roll still is useful, it saves you from pinches. Being immobile has it's disadvantages, but you learn to sharpen your advantages into your favor.

Just as rifles have mobility, they do have weak bullet.

Flevalt
Jun 28, 2012, 07:37 AM
I have a hard time with Vol Dragons too as Ranger lvl27 now.
It's the only boss that can kill me and he does that really well.

I've figured his movements out by now fairly well but still can't manage to dodge all of his attacks. His charge is fairly easy to dodge but if it hits it either drains 50% of my health or instant kills me depending on difficulty.
He wouldn't even be such a big problem if he didn't have so damn much health cause sooner or later you just can't dodge his attacks anymore, especially once he turns into the fire armor phase.
I got 2 weak bullets and the jellen shot now though, have done the normal vol dragons with 1 weak bullet till now and that was really the strongest boss in the game for me, still is.
Caterdan is a joke, Gwanahda and rockbear are a joke but that dragon is the shit.

imarafan
Jun 28, 2012, 08:39 AM
Not sure if it's related but I've also been having a similar problem, I've been clearing client orders but there are 2 of them that when I go to report them instead of getting some talk and the quest clear message I have this:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Hi94n.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I still have the green quest cleared Icon popping out of the NPC but I can't finish the thing nor receive new quests from her.

This also happens with the MAG feeding quest.... Any idea what it says?

Geistritter
Jun 28, 2012, 09:07 AM
Your inventory is probably full; Phillia's quests give you item rewards. The mag feeding quest does as well.

Mag-X
Jun 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
She's probably trying to give your some health items, but you already have 10.

Phantasma
Jun 28, 2012, 09:23 AM
I've noted that sometimes at medium ranges, the Vol's charge attack will track you VERY well so if you haven't put your weapon away yet to run faster or haven't mashed dash fast enough, it will hit for rather good damage and that's really annoying, but that's the only real problem I see with him. Everything else is easily avoidable. As for the blast that comes when he flies...wait for it....stand under him.

imarafan
Jun 28, 2012, 10:10 AM
She's probably trying to give your some health items, but you already have 10.

This is probably the problem, while I don't always have my inventory full I'm always sure to be well stocked in mates...

Thanks! :D