PDA

View Full Version : hunter skill tree "gear"

Opy
Jun 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
Can someone please explain the weapon gears on the skill tree for me?

It looks like it created a "power bar" of some kind, but I cant tell how to use it or what the gear skill does.

PsychoUprising
Jun 27, 2012, 10:03 PM
The Partisan one Increases the Range of it's PA's, and the Sword one allows you to Charge it's Chargeable PA's alot faster, the wired lance one is unknown to me i haven't seen it anywhere, that's all i know about them. their might be more to it.

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 10:04 PM
the partisan one is chargable by blocking (hold shift). If you have a bar, it boosts the damage on any PA you use.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 27, 2012, 10:08 PM
Well, I've purchased the twin lance gear. I'd like to know the difference too.

thekkeffect
Jun 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
off topic sorry but are the servers down right now?.

i didnt wanna make a new thread just to ask that

bradsta6508
Jun 27, 2012, 10:11 PM
Where do you buy this "gear" for the wired lance?

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:11 PM
They are down for another 26 hours or so. My brother just ranked the wired gear and he probably wants to know what it does.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:12 PM
The gears are available in the hunter skill trees. They are the one point sections with the item icons on them. Rangers do not get gears.

thekkeffect
Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
They are down for another 26 hours or so. My brother just ranked the wired gear and he probably wants to know what it does.

why so long. guess ill have to play something else. i dont want too though :-(

my mag is gonna starve!

bradsta6508
Jun 27, 2012, 10:14 PM
But don't you have to buy a module after you allocate a skill point? Also, how do I use fury stance? I was under the impression that it was a passive skill, and just realized it's active.

Vashyron
Jun 27, 2012, 10:15 PM
The Sword one effects all PAs in some form, like the Disc throwing PA at full charge will hit each enemy it passes 3 times, then you also get the Chargable PAs being much quicker to charge up at full gear. Increase gear by attacking enemies.

Partisan gear increases range, charge it by guarding or after each attack wait for the 2nd JA timing. (Twister Fall PA requires no extra waiting.)

Wire lance increases power, attack to increase. (Unlike Sword it keeps charges in reserve for PA use.)

Crimson Exile
Jun 27, 2012, 10:16 PM
Partisan- charge by dancing, you dance from basic attacks, pa's, and the shift key. Gives increase range and damage.

Sword- Charge with basic attacks must keep attacking to keep bar up. Charge moves charge faster. Pa's have increased damage

Wired lance- Charge with basic attacks. Increased range and more damage. bar drop when you use pa's.

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 10:17 PM
But don't you have to buy a module after you allocate a skill point? Also, how do I use fury stance? I was under the impression that it was a passive skill, and just realized it's active.

you equip it to your bar (item bar thingy) 3rd option of the equipment section. You can do the same with techs and such, GO QUICK HEALS!

Deviruki

Put the skill in your sub-palette, like you would a monomate.
Once activated, there's a 1min. cooldown for you to use it again (turning it on/off). If you enable it and leave it, you can have fury stance on forever from what I've tried.

Gamemako
Wirelance gear is charged by using normal attacks. It increases the damage of PAs. I haven't noticed any range increase.

//EDIT: Others have said there is a range increase; perhaps I am wrong. I will have to pay more attention.

Partisan gear is charged by spin animations and increases the range of PAs. Most attacks with a Partisan have an initial JA opportunity, a spin, and then a second opportunity for JA. That spin will charge the bars -- one full bar per spin. Delaying your attacks slightly generally allows you to continue using Gear attacks constantly. Some PAs have no spin, and at least one (but one where you kick the spear and slam it into the ground) only has its initial JA opportunity after the spin. You can also charge by blocking, which is not very useful because it stops PP regen (easier to just attack and let the spin animation do it). During boss fights, you can only charge by blocking, which makes it almost completely useless.

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
Lance increase pas damage and pas range increased. For example the one pa where u take the enemy and spin it into a mini tornado its damage goes up and the tornado is bigger. I got it both in cbt and obt so hope that helps.

Opy
Jun 27, 2012, 10:20 PM
awesome, thanks for the quick answers guys