PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 anyone know what the final area is

adonis565
Jun 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
would love to see some screenshots of it if possible

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
No one knows anything besides Forest, Caves, Desert, and Tundra (I guess you'd call it that) at this point.

Oh, and City. But that's just for EMERGENCY events or whatever.

I'm betting the last area will be the tried-n-true "Ancient Evil Ruins/Ship/Secret Base/Dimension" thing that SEGA loves to pull all the time. But, I'm not against that. I'm sure it's going to look badass.

Angelo
Jun 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
Spoilers: Final boss is Dark Falz

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 10:35 PM

*Second Spoiler* you will have to kill form 1 and 2

Coatl
Jun 27, 2012, 10:35 PM
Final Destination.

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 10:38 PM

Ah daygot you buzz kill! Im hopeing the final stage is a mix of seabed and ruins. Would b nice if they added maybe ogla flow also and who nos what kind of mini boss

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 10:40 PM
Ah daygot you buzz kill! Im hopeing the final stage is a mix of seabed and ruins. Would b nice if they added maybe ogla flow also and who nos what kind of mini boss

It needs to be a killer kitty, why? Wouldn't you be scared if you heard a cute meow then turned around to a red eyed demon cat 12 times your size? thought so >.>

Crysteon
Jun 27, 2012, 10:41 PM

WHAT!? No waiiii!! I wanted it to be Walt Disney instead ;<

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 10:41 PM

Was just getting ready to post that I'd love a combination of pulsating Ruins scenery + Seabed sci-fi'ness, but in all honesty what I really want is them to do something that's not a direct throwback or rehash.

Surprise me, Sega!

moorebounce
Jun 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
I hope they have more than 5 areas. The game isn't really out yet and we've been playing in 4 of the 5 known (ATM) areas.

Blackheart521
Jun 27, 2012, 10:43 PM

Dark Falz and Olga Flow, either both at once or wait for it... fused together :-o

Maybe to make the Profound Darkness?

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 10:44 PM
It needs to be a killer kitty, why? Wouldn't you be scared if you heard a cute meow then turned around to a red eyed demon cat 12 times your size? thought so >.>

Yea that would b freaky.

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 10:44 PM
Dark Falz and Olga Flow, either both at once or wait for it... fused together :-o

Maybe to make the Profound Darkness?

Yes thats what im talking about *highfive*

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 10:47 PM
It's gonna have to be some kind of Darker haven, unless a real curve ball pops out of nowhere.

I think fighting on some kind of darker corrupted ship, kinda like the city mission, only hella corrupted, would be neat.

Honestly, with the way the game looks? I'm betting on being impressed either way.

Angelo
Jun 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
On a serious note... I'm kind of hoping there's a superboss (optional more powerful 'final boss') version of Falz that only appears in a multi-party area and you need a team of 12 to take it down.

Actually if they could find a way to stick 12 players in a room with a boss cutscene and everything (and you could set up what the other teams would be) it would be one of the most intense experiences in the franchise. Then again, I also have a softspot for banding unlikely teams together for the final boss (kind of like right before you fight Bizzaro Sephiroth in FF7)

XionAsuka
Jun 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
I second the person who mentioned Olga Flow. I'd love to see the Dark Meteor as a rare launcher weapon here. o:

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 10:50 PM
It's gonna have to be some kind of Darker haven, unless a real curve ball pops out of nowhere.

I think fighting on some kind of darker corrupted ship, kinda like the city mission, only hella corrupted, would be neat.

Honestly, with the way the game looks? I'm betting on being impressed either way.

Or maybe the 'curveball' they'll throw is, instead of making the final area a demon-infested, nightmarish ruin or whatever, they'll pull a PSP2i and make it like some fancy, regal, almost 'heavenly' place.

Oh, and fill it with angelic, yet demonic enemies, like in PSZ.

Yeah.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 10:50 PM
Final Zone will be Planet Wisp though.

I'd take some Planet Wisp in my PSO. Shit is preeeeeeeeeeeetty.

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 PM
they have tons more places they can explore. they can do the beaches and the lab and the ship from ep.2

Enforcer MKV
I hope they have more than 5 areas. The game isn't really out yet and we've been playing in 4 of the 5 known (ATM) areas.

I'm banking on them having around 8 areas, maybe one for each of those main ones from BB. Ya know, ep. 1 AND 2? Plus I've seen slight teasing of a mines esque area, at least that's what I was reminded of upon seeing it.

goldwing
I second the person who mentioned Olga Flow. I'd love to see the Dark Meteor as a rare launcher weapon here. o:

That would b nice if they do do that i hope for a dark wired lance

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2012, 10:52 PM
Final area in Phantasy Star? My sources tell me that it's this thing here.

[spoiler-box]
http://www.pscave.com/ps4/dungeons/images/theedge2.jpg

The boss will be this thing,
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2008/03/phantasy_star_iv.jpg

To this music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyA54mOvMEs

And I will point out that while looking for these things, I found some FANTASTIC cosplay on Phantasy Star. I think I'm gonna look through that again. That Rika was amazing.

[/spoiler-box]

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
So far the other 2 areas we know of are Snow, and Mines.

I'm really hoping they have a lot more on release... but somehow I doubt it =( this game is lacking serious content right now

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 10:54 PM
Give me all of your Profound Darkness.

youcantcatchtheblue
Jun 27, 2012, 10:55 PM
And I will point out that while looking for these things, I found some FANTASTIC cosplay on Phantasy Star. I think I'm gonna look through that again. That Rika was amazing.

Please share ^^

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 10:56 PM
Or maybe the 'curveball' they'll throw is, instead of making the final area a demon-infested, nightmarish ruin or whatever, they'll pull a PSP2i and make it like some fancy, regal, almost 'heavenly' place.

Oh, and fill it with angelic, yet demonic enemies, like in PSZ.

Yeah.

I'd totally be okay with that, now that you mention it.

Need to see the final area of PSP2i though, I'll look up screenshots. That final fight video I once watched was interesting. Is there a mace and offhand shield weapon type, because I believe I saw it in said video? I'd love something like that in PSO2.

HandOfThornz
Jun 27, 2012, 10:56 PM
No word on final areas, but looks like the new mines area (probably part 2 of the desert area) will be added in July
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dphantasy%2Bstar%2Bonline%2B2%26start% 3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26tbo%3D1%26biw%3D1360%26b ih%3D685%26tbs%3Dqdr:h%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&u=http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/06/120627b.html&usg=ALkJrhhjx3lthPcwFYQ-4wUrx7OmhzSwiw
With this update planned for July, it really makes me think if all goes well after this long maintence, the game will be offically released in the next week or so. \o/

(maybe this info should go in a new post?)

Scrub
Jun 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
if this game ever gets Seabed i'm uninstalling.

Freshellent
Jun 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
Didn't someone have screens of Labs/Mines somewhere? Or has that been mentioned already?

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 10:59 PM

And y is that???

HandOfThornz
Jun 27, 2012, 11:00 PM
Didn't someone have screens of Labs/Mines somewhere? Or has that been mentioned already?

Just linked them 2 posts above you ;)

Freshellent
Jun 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
Yeeeep, I'm a scumbag. Sorry.

BogusKun
Jun 27, 2012, 11:02 PM
Classic PSO ep1-4 maps, enemies, bosses, and quests... please make a return!
Classic PSO ep1-4 weapons... please make this game much more fun!

Scrub
Jun 27, 2012, 11:03 PM
And y is that???

because seabed was fucking awful.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 11:03 PM

It's in another thread, though I did mention it. I'll try and dig it up.

Edit: MEGANINJA'D GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

goldwing
Jun 27, 2012, 11:05 PM

Huh well i loved it. Still do. Play that whenever im missing pso.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 27, 2012, 11:06 PM

Just remember; Seabed 'then' was awful. That doesn't mean seabed 'now' would be awful. ^^

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2012, 11:07 PM
Please share ^^

Oh Christ, now I've gotta go through google pictures again. One minute...

Arande
Jun 27, 2012, 11:07 PM
Dangit Zorafim, now I want there to be some memorial bosses from old PS games, even if it's just an excuse to hear remixes of laughter and ooze. But seriously, some of the old PSO bosses redone with PSO2 combat mechanics? If the dragons gone a long way, oh wow Falz and Vol Opt would be fun.

...MB from PSU does not count...

Anyways back on topic, yeah ice area and mines like place. I'm probably out of the loop whenever "official release" is that the ice place was supposed to be out on.

oh wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegBfKAzaAo

I fail with spoilers

Scrub
Jun 27, 2012, 11:08 PM
seabed was so bad that the mere thought of having to play thru anything that resembles it again is sending me into fucking shell shock.

Zorafim
Jun 27, 2012, 11:15 PM
Alright, I'll admit. I can't actually find any cosplay pictures now that I'm looking for them. I found them, they were great, and now they're gone. And I am now disappointed with myself for not saving them.

And Arande, you should ALWAYS wish for memorial bosses from PS games. But really, I'm satisfied with what I've got. Everything feels like a PS enemy. Caves and Mines are a great throwback to PSO without being a direct copy, and the enemies you meet there are great examples of PS enemies. Ragne feels like a lesser form of Falz, and Antlion is a great and clever throwback to the dimensional worm. The dragon enemies feel like great aggressive aliens, which we haven't seen since PSI. The only thing we're missing is mutated beasts, and then we'd be set!

Arande
Jun 27, 2012, 11:24 PM
The only thing we're missing is mutated beasts, and then we'd be set!

Yeah, agree about the throwbacks without being obvious. I could swear thosespider robots are seekers from PS4.

As for mutant things...PS2's rotting rabbits that slap you with their guts? :D Think I'm gonna have to go play PS4 while maintenance happens, yay nostalgia.

Polly
Jun 27, 2012, 11:29 PM
Alright, I'll admit. I can't actually find any cosplay pictures now that I'm looking for them. I found them, they were great, and now they're gone. And I am now disappointed with myself for not saving them.

And Arande, you should ALWAYS wish for memorial bosses from PS games. But really, I'm satisfied with what I've got. Everything feels like a PS enemy. Caves and Mines are a great throwback to PSO without being a direct copy, and the enemies you meet there are great examples of PS enemies. Ragne feels like a lesser form of Falz, and Antlion is a great and clever throwback to the dimensional worm. The dragon enemies feel like great aggressive aliens, which we haven't seen since PSI. The only thing we're missing is mutated beasts, and then we'd be set!

Huh.

Ya know, prior to reading this post, I really felt the enemy and boss design in this game was a bit on the lazy side, taking its inspiration only from PSO and PSU, but now I can actually see the influence that classic Phantasy Star designs may have had in how the enemies and areas are panning out.

Thanks for that bit of enlightenment.

KanekoSaya
Jun 27, 2012, 11:47 PM
seabed was so bad that the mere thought of having to play thru anything that resembles it again is sending me into fucking shell shock.

That place traumatized me as a child

The Awesomeinator
Jun 27, 2012, 11:53 PM
(Unfortunately) not being a vet of older PS games, and looking back, I gotta say that I'd love to fight me some Profound Darkness.

Fighting Dark Falz AGAIN for the umpteenth time would be a bit of a bore.

I want some VARIETY in my embodiments of universal evil, dammit!

But in terms of final areas, I'd love a sort of heavenly aesthetic. Maybe having some initially benevolent higher power/deity turn out to be behind it all because he/she/it was corrupted by the Big Bad? And then having to "ascend to the heavens" and fight the deity, killing the Big Bad in the process?

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 12:11 AM
(Unfortunately) not being a vet of older PS games, and looking back, I gotta say that I'd love to fight me some Profound Darkness.

Fighting Dark Falz AGAIN for the umpteenth time would be a bit of a bore.

I want some VARIETY in my embodiments of universal evil, dammit!

Falz is pretty much just a hand of the Profound Darkness. Literally a tiny part of it. Since it's just a part of darkness, it can take on any form. Even in the same game, Falz had three different looks to him, and they were all awesome. I think that makes it an interesting villain.

Really, the Profound Darkness wouldn't be much different. It's the same basic thing, just bigger and older. And less replaceable.

Oh, yeah. Play PSIV. It's the most fun, it gives a good synopsis on the rest of the series, and you can play it and not miss much. It's a good standalone game, and if you like it, you know there's more! It also gives you great insight on the story behind the online games.

LinkKD
Jun 28, 2012, 12:15 AM
I'd love something directly related (though not the same exact thing) to PSO series.

I wouldn't mind at all some Profound Darkness or simply anything related to Rico and Flowen for last boss.

this games DOES feel like..."PSO2" (on the sense they really tried to put in that PSO feeling in it, but making everything better...like, hell! there's a part in PSO2's forest music that is exactly the same of a part in PSO's forest music, anyone noticed? I got serious chills when I noticed!)...I always love nostalgia quotes/implications...and have been loving the small quotes/implications so far (without being exactly the same like it was mentioned)

something that quotes but isn't the exact same would be really nice...and maybe add some old PSO bosses as some extra/event/unlockable/special/Idkwhatelse boss would be pretty neat. (not in the main storyline, but something extra more in the future)

like...imagine fighting PSO's old Dragon but with the whole new system, graphics, a lot more difficulty and a really badass mix of it's theme...*nostalgia chills*

supersonix9
Jun 28, 2012, 12:19 AM

Uninstalling out of sheer happiness?

And my god, Subterranean Tunnel (Mines) is going to be their best area yet.

sugarFO
Jun 28, 2012, 12:22 AM

But the music while fighting was the best thing I ever eargasmed to when I was a kid.

~Inu~
Jun 28, 2012, 02:20 AM
I'd like to see some nightmare ruins, distorted dimensions and something heavenly.
As much as I agree and disagree with rehashes of old content for nostalgia purposes, I'd like to see both new and old.
Jungle, too! I loved the Jungle music in PSO! So mysterious.

You guys keep going on about Dark Falz, Olga Flow, and other bosses but there's one thing i'd love to see... A rappy boss!

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 02:25 AM
i'm curious as to if there will be any type of "final area"

considering how much time they've spent on this game, and how wonderfully it has come along, i feel like instead of "final areas," hopefully we will be graced by steady updates of "new, but higher level areas."

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 02:27 AM
It's a J RPG so obviously the last boss is gonna have an amazing technicolor battlefield. (I think KH2 had the coolest one...so minimal and NOT colorful and mysterious...)

darkante
Jun 28, 2012, 02:27 AM
Yeah, nothing like a big bird popping out her children to be her body guards going gung-ho on your ass. =)

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 02:37 AM
You guys keep going on about Dark Falz, Olga Flow, and other bosses but there's one thing i'd love to see... A rappy boss!

We've had one. Well, two. Giant rappies, boss rappies, whatever you wanna call them. Make great end-mission minibosses, actually. Yeah, having them around would be nice.

Garnet_Moon
Jun 28, 2012, 02:41 AM
The final area will be a map with nothing but Del Sabers, Ill Gils, Del Biters, Baranz, and LOTS of traps. The theme for the stage will be sonic heroes.

Oh, wait, I'm thinking of maximum attack for PSO2.... hmm.

LinkKD
Jun 30, 2012, 10:26 PM
i'm curious as to if there will be any type of "final area"

considering how much time they've spent on this game, and how wonderfully it has come along, i feel like instead of "final areas," hopefully we will be graced by steady updates of "new, but higher level areas."

I'm hoping that new areas never stop coming either...not anytime soon anyway...I guess that as long as the game keeps giving good profit, there would be no reason for them to stop investing on updates, right?

but it needs a "final area" and "final boss" to give that super epic feeling like Dark Falz did, even if afterwards more areas come, starting a new plot, like it happened in PSO.

tbh I'd feel a bit disappointed if PSO2 didn't have any super epic final area/boss related to story.

The final area will be a map with nothing but Del Sabers, Ill Gils, Del Biters, Baranz, and LOTS of traps. The theme for the stage will be sonic heroes.

Rofl XD this sounds like hell, never did this one, I think...but ARGH those DelBiters

DreXxiN
Jun 30, 2012, 11:02 PM

I don't know why but I laughed out loud really hard at this.

Sebastian & PSO
Jul 1, 2012, 12:10 AM
I'm hoping it feels really creepy and starts off outside then follows through inside and deep down so that you feel trapped. I just get annoyed because the level's are so god damn short in this game, nothing like the good old PSO days where the levels could take 1 hour + to complete.

TheBlackMage
Jul 1, 2012, 12:31 AM
I'm hoping it feels really creepy and starts off outside then follows through inside and deep down so that you feel trapped. I just get annoyed because the level's are so god damn short in this game, nothing like the good old PSO days where the levels could take 1 hour + to complete.

Actually I didn't really think about that until reading this, the levels do seem rather short but I suppose that's due to multi-party areas and not as many kill-everything-so-you-can-advance rooms. You can practically run to the boss/mission objective with almost nothing stopping you aside from say "Emergency Code: Collect" or something along those lines that forces you to complete it.

If I had to choose though I prefer PSO2's level length. I skipped running caves or ruins a lot in PSO just because it took forever. I just wish PSO2's levels were a tad longer but it's something I can easily live with.

LinkKD
Jul 1, 2012, 10:30 AM

Hm...being longer has it's pros and cons...like BlackMage said, sometimes I'd restrain from going on full stages at PSO simply for being too lazy to go through it all or for not having the time for it.

but then again...the feeling of advancing through the dungeon made it more adventurous...you were really slowly exploring and discovering the dungeon...and it felt more epic when you finally reached the boss, and it also felt more rewarding when you finally reached it.

I'd also prefer that at least the more ahead final area ish levels on PSO2 to be longer and force you to advance through instead of making you able to just run through it.

also, needs more party switches and party co-op situations...some codes do require co-op...but in the end it tends more to a mindless killing spree.

darkante
Jul 1, 2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah, should have a "Capture monster" emergency where you lure a specifik monster into a trap and activate a button or "Posing danger" where you taunt them with specifik words which makes them rage and chase you more, like a talk and run.

Just throwing it out there.

Blackheart521
Jul 1, 2012, 01:49 PM
"Posing danger" where you taunt them with specifik words which makes them rage and chase you more, like a talk and run.

Just throwing it out there.

Code: U Mad? *trollface*

darkante
Jul 1, 2012, 01:54 PM
Code: U Mad? *trollface*

Precisely. X)

Dragwind
Jul 1, 2012, 03:54 PM
Far too early to even tell at this point, and we probably won't know for a long time. I'm sure we all have our logical guesses as to what the theme of the area will look like.