PDA

View Full Version : accurate instructions on how to multiparty with specific people

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 02:32 AM
someone already asked this and we got a decent answer in the pso2 general section, but i'd like it if we could get solid directions on how to multiparty with specific people.

as quoted from xaeris, this is how you multi party:

"There is. When you join a party, there's a window you normally click through that has two choices. If you pick the second one instead of the first, a separate party will be created in the same instance. You can do this even if you have a filled party, so long as there's enough room in the multi party (look at the green icon that says x/12 to see)."

his response definitely helps but it's still a little bit vague. i just want to make sure i know exactly what to do when the game goes back up.

i want to learn how to do this because i just had the probably very late epiphany, that you only need two other people to have a max multiparty zone, and since theres only 3 players and the rest are npcs, you have a much more well controlled and directed multi party, that can benefit from the effects large numbers of people have.

LinkKD
Jun 28, 2012, 04:13 AM
I'm also curious about that...mostly for the situation of when we have more than 4 friend together and we can't just keep everyone together because of party limit restrictions

Inaruna
Jun 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
If you want to party with say two other people (obviously including yourself) and you each want to be in your own party you'll end up making one party each and adding 3 NPCs each. To set it up have one of you three make the first party, after that the other two people can 'join' off the multiparty option (bottom option when applying for a party) and then the three of you grab 3 NPCs each to take up the other slots totally up to a full group party of 12 with only three people. Of course you can do this with more people instead of NPCs but that's just an example for the least amount of people needed to party up in their own zone to cooperatively farm codes and PSE bursts. That's the gist of it at least. Of course this is only for the 'free' areas in the map. If you were to fight a boss at the end or most missions the last area is party exclusive.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 06:09 AM
that was very detailed and accurate. thank you for your response. i look forward to utilizing this new found information when i am able to!

Zorian
Jun 28, 2012, 07:53 AM
So you need to make a party that has multiparty areas. Then have your friends join. So now the party is full and say you have more friends. You then need to have them try to join the same game but pick the second option and it will allow them to join?

I'm hoping that's right because constantly I have way more people I want to bring then were allowed. Is that accurate?

Bibimbap
Jun 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
I have a question; do NPC count just as well as real players for triggering events? I've always had the impression that more things happen with real players than with NPC. Thoughts?

Sigmund
Jun 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
I've read that NPC characters doesn't affect the occurrence of PSE bursts as much as real players.

catwat
Jun 28, 2012, 04:13 PM
You can set a multiparty password. It's the second option below the password field.

nightmesh
Jun 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
I knew it was the second one. ^_^

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
I've read that NPC characters doesn't affect the occurrence of PSE bursts as much as real players.

i wouldn't be surprised, mainly due to how all npc partners seem to have highly reduced damage, therefore monsters die very very slowly in comparison to a full fledged human party, and monsters dying is what effects pse bursts.

however it is difficult to coordinate 12 random players to properly cooperate and work together towards pse bursting, so being given the ability to at least achieve similar results with just 3 people is nice. in fact in some cases, i wouldn't be surprised if a multiparty of just 3 humans outdid a regular multiparty of 12 humans, simply because those 12 humans are probably split up all around the map and won't listen to directions/being slow because they are checking inventory/chatting and not being as serious as you'd like them to be.

but yeah, i'm absolutely sure a coordinated team of 12 could outdo a regular team of 3 with npcs.