PDA

View Full Version : What is that giant pipeline on Lilipa used for?

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 05:12 AM
It's featured in two missions as a cool-looking location, but doesn't seem to get the spotlight. Is its purpose ever explained in the story (probably not), quest description or one of the events? I wonder what is (or was) it transporting, why is it guarded by an entire army of robots (it must be really important, I guess), where is it coming from and where does it go. I never expect the in-game world to be developed in PSO games, but still, that one thing really intrigues me.

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 08:19 AM
Probably either for pumping product from mining (like an oil or some sort of element occurring as a liquid at low temperature) or pumping water/some other cooling fluid to mining machinery. Or maybe coolant for drill bits. Deserts get really cold at night so I guess it could be an antifreeze agent too.

Just guesses, don't know much about the plot myself.

Aurakon
Jun 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
My friends and I theorized that Lillipa exports sand and nothing but sand, and the pipelines transport just sand. Most of the transport bins are seen filled with sand as well.

Export sand, import robots from the sky. It all makes perfect sense.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 10:18 AM
Wow, good theory! :)

But seriously, good theory. There are a lot of closed indestructible crates on top of that pipe. I always wondered what's inside of them. Then, I come across an opened one. What's inside? Sand. Seriously, the only place on the planet that isn't full of sand, which is the walkway on top of that pipe, has a cargo crate full of sand. In case there is a shortage, I guess.

darkante
Jun 28, 2012, 10:29 AM
Guess they wanna build a massive sand fortress somewhere else.

Hrith
Jun 28, 2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe the ore you are collecting in the Emergency Code?

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
It's special sand. It has all sorts of sand creature minerals mixed into it, it's a sand world, that used to be oceanic after all. There's no other way in my mind. I bet it was a water covered planet then one day. Sanda Claws came around and dried everything up. Then Sand diamonds were made.

darkante
Jun 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
My god, sand is the future. :O

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
It's not normal sand! It's special sand.

darkante
Jun 28, 2012, 11:02 AM
Damn i insulted the special sand. >.>

Scale of Judgment
Jun 28, 2012, 11:04 AM
THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
Oh! Dune! That works too. :)

terrell707
Jun 28, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hasn't the place been abandoned for super long? Which is why everything is full of sand? Also don't forget that there is an abandoned mine beneath the desert (which is probably where that mines looking level takes place). So it s probably resources to power and keep the mine going.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 11:14 AM
Hasn't the place been abandoned for super long? Which is why everything is full of sand? Also don't forget that there is an abandoned mine beneath the desert (which is probably where that mines looking level takes place). So it s probably resources to power and keep the mine going.

There's a mines level? I was pretty certain if you're talking about caves/volcano then it's on it's own planet. They have Movie sequences for that. Unless.. there is a mine that I dont know about. That would be pretty interesting to see. While we have seen multiple places, three locations. What I think would be more interesting is venture further on these worlds, with more unique structures, maybe some ruins, or something silly, just ancient civilizations. That'd be pretty interesting.

Kazzi
Jun 28, 2012, 11:19 AM
My friends and I theorized that Lillipa exports sand and nothing but sand, and the pipelines transport just sand. Most of the transport bins are seen filled with sand as well.

Export sand, import robots from the sky. It all makes perfect sense.

I like this theory best, it's all about sand! Sand, sand and more sand.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
There is going to be a Mines area on Lilipa, yes, and hopefully it will provide a better theory for my question. But for now, I support the sand theory as well. And I think that this screenshot proves it:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3143/72928581.jpg

terrell707
Jun 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
There's a mines level? I was pretty certain if you're talking about caves/volcano then it's on it's own planet. They have Movie sequences for that. Unless.. there is a mine that I dont know about. That would be pretty interesting to see. While we have seen multiple places, three locations. What I think would be more interesting is venture further on these worlds, with more unique structures, maybe some ruins, or something silly, just ancient civilizations. That'd be pretty interesting.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195787
Theres a link in that thread. Also that level seems to add to the desert planet, while the tundra level that come out in the official release adds to the forest planet.

Galerianx
Jun 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
sorry had to be done LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRutnikSBg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLRutnikSBg

xBladeM6x
Jun 28, 2012, 12:27 PM
There is going to be a Mines area on Lilipa, yes, and hopefully it will provide a better theory for my question. But for now, I support the sand theory as well. And I think that this screenshot proves it:

Omg. I lol'ed so hard at this picture. :D

Crysteon
Jun 28, 2012, 12:34 PM
Perhaps those pipes have a connection with that subterranean/mines area that hasnt been released yet. That's just my lousy theory.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 12:34 PM

If the PSO2 planets were single-biome worlds I'd actually be a little disappointed. Ragol was Earth-like and the PSU planets were at least a little diverse.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
Naberius is going to have at least two explorable biomes, but from what I've seen in those 5-seconds trailers, second planet and Lilipa are entirely lava/desert.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
If the PSO2 planets were single-biome worlds I'd actually be a little disappointed. Ragol was Earth-like and the PSU planets were at least a little diverse.

Hey I'm only saying what I see, the forest planet did look really.. really green. Didn't it? The sand place well.. A lot of sand... the volcano palce? A lot of fire. It did have those floating land chunks, that I want to see an area of.

~Inu~
Jun 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
Lilipa's design kind of reminds me of the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea from FFXII.
A holy temple or something would add a neat touch.

Hrith
Jun 28, 2012, 01:18 PM
A holy temple would require an ancient civilisation, doubtful.
A subterranean desert would be really cool (inb4EpIV).

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 01:27 PM
episode 4 was garbage

they weren't sure whether they were designing levels for PSO or PSU anymore

Hrith
Jun 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
PSOBB was rather bad, but EpIV was fantastic. Finally enemies with new AI (so much it changed the gameplay altogether), and the Subterranean Desert was just too cool - in every way.

It'd fit Lilipa perfectly, too. Especially since Lilipa right now really feels like EpIV Crater.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
psobb was bad because episode 4 was in it. it's literally gc/xbox with episode 4 and a few new crappy items that didn't change anything. so i don't know what you're getting at by saying psobb is bad but ep4 was good, it's really contradictory.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't want Lilipa to become a Crater from PSO, though. With all that technology, I'd want it to be the new Gal Da Val. Except instead of jungle area you get sand area, instead of mountains you get mountains of sand, and instead of seaside you get sandside. More abandoned machinery and sand!

Also, I think that those radar towers from the background could serve as a replacement for Control Tower.

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
My god, it's genius.

Hrith
Jun 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
Okay, so you have not played BB. Saying it's 'literally' EpI&II + EpIV, ugh.

ALC
Jun 28, 2012, 03:42 PM
PSOBB was the best iteration of PSO. Episode IV was the best episode. Not sure how you couldn't enjoy the diversity and strength of the enemies, and the detail and music of the locales.

Anyway, it's most likely the new mines level is underneath the desert level. So looking forward to it.

oifjustus
Jun 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
Thinking outside the box i see..

Fusioneko
Jun 28, 2012, 03:46 PM
PSOBB was great to me, I love the final boss for Episode IV it was different. A lot of episode fours enemies, even music was very interesting overall. It may have not played out at it's best, but it was still pretty good. I admit the drops were unbalanced.

Ce'Nedra
Jun 28, 2012, 03:55 PM

Win, pure win

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2012, 04:06 PM
THE SPICE MUST FLOW!

^ This.

lol