PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Fresh ideas for PSO2

Bradders
Jun 28, 2012, 08:57 AM
So i was thinking about ideas for PSO2 and would like to hear everyone elses, the game so far has brought back many good memorys of me playing PSO years ago on the dreamcast/gamecube and i think 2 pretty much for me covers and improves vastly on the original.

So my idea is a civil war amongst the ARK colony ships (PVP) where basically one side fights for the good of the universe (destroying dark falz etc...) and the other trying to manipulate the darkness to gain strength, it could be a week long event or even months.

Imagine PVP'ing and the evil side could unleash their creations.

This in my eyes could see a side to PSO we havn't seen before, most people would roughly no in PSO ep1,2 etc... that pioneer 1 was sent to do just that thus creating olga flow etc... can you see where i am going??

Let me no your thoughts and feel free to post your own ideas. :-P

Khabarakh
Jun 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
Personally I can't stand pvp, except for like battlefield 3 (obviously) or similar games that were made as pvp games, with single player stuffed into the extra spots.

I've never been satisfied with pvp in games like PSO, its ALWAYS awkward and clunky, pso ep. 1&2 was terrible pvp.

Flevalt
Jun 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Since they put in Teams this time and the name of the Hunters turned into Arkz I think PvP or maybe even Team Wars could be a possibility for a later patch.
I'd love to see some of this. The PvP in PSO1 sucked but in this game it should be a lot of fun.

Also in Episode 3 the Rebels were called Arkz because of their card technology to utilize the strength of monsters. I was surprised to hear that all hunters are now called Arkz in PSO2 and there are SO many Pioneer ships, I think it wouldn't be unlikely that a war between the ships could occur because of the greed of the higher-ups that want new technology or maybe a fight over the colonization of certain planets?

Angelo
Jun 28, 2012, 09:11 AM
Kind of glad to see that in most other forums not-related to PSO-W, the idea of PvP is met with open arms and objective thought.

There's just something about the old-timers that gets their feathers ruffled at the idea of PvP.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 09:15 AM
Phantasy Star games always seem to be about unity, though. A civil war would feel horribly out of place. Also, each ship is a separate server, so cross-ship wars would be a hard thing to arrange.

Don't know how would the actual fighting work. The gameplay in general seems to be fit for PvP, but currently, there is a crapload of balancing to do even in the PvE department. Something should be done about the lag issues, too.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 09:18 AM
VR room to train soloing bosses

GoldenFalcon
Jun 28, 2012, 09:24 AM
Also in Episode 3 the Rebels were called Arkz because of their card technology to utilize the strength of monsters.

"The Hunters, a government run organization that was created with the purpose in mind to research and find the source of the "germ", is now within conflict with the terrorist organization Arkz, who oppose any means to exploit the mysterious new substance."

It isn't as simple as the Hunters organization within the plot made it out to be

Crysteon
Jun 28, 2012, 09:32 AM
VR room to train soloing bosses

Inb4 an event where we fight 3+ bosses at the same time in some sort of Danger Room. :0

Flevalt
Jun 28, 2012, 09:33 AM
"The Hunters, a government run organization that was created with the purpose in mind to research and find the source of the "germ", is now within conflict with the terrorist organization Arkz, who oppose any means to exploit the mysterious new substance."

It isn't as simple as the Hunters organization within the plot made it out to be

Yeah I know. But I didn't want to spoiler and still give a understandable description.

Dragonetti
Jun 28, 2012, 10:24 AM
They should introduce the card game elements from PSO Ep3 as a mini game. Plenty of room for micro-transactions and it gives players something new to do when they're tired of slaying rappies for the day.

Ryock
Jun 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
While it's been mentioned, the idea of PVP is something I can't really think of implementing without it being completely horrible. It'd need quite a bit of fine tuning, and like someone else mentioned, PSO is more about the unity of the players fighting against the evils of Dark Falz generally. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely LOVE PVP, and if it can be implemented in a way that can be somewhat balanced, I'd be all for it. Need something to do at cap anyways.

They should introduce the card game elements from PSO Ep3 as a mini game. Plenty of room for micro-transactions and it gives players something new to do when they're tired of slaying rappies for the day.

My brother and I always toyed with the idea of how we thought that PSO3 as a mini-game for another PSO game would've been a great way to kill time. So I can say I'd love this as well =D

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 10:34 AM
How about events or competitive events in like... two parties have to find a monster before the other one, or find a list of items (that only monsters drop)

etc

Scale of Judgment
Jun 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
- More objectives: Stealth, Capture alive(Having it at low hp then use a preset item to obtain it), Detonation(plant bomb and get out alive), Capture the flag(lol now I'm using my fps experience), Storm the castle, King of the Hill, and other ideas that will come to mind soon enough.
- Boss Rush Mode sounds great from the person who reference this.
- Challenge Mode from Phantasy Star Portable 2: With preset abilities and level, tackle various obstacles. These missions would serve so that anyone can hop in regardless of level or gear level and get some great stuff.
- Left Handed Weapon users?
- I get the impression that raid content is possible with how various areas can have +4 players in it. Perhaps a Raid of some sort like that maybe possible...That's if server capacity is pending
- Operate vehicles? I think I can pilot these ships better than the ones who are piloting in the rescue missions.

MegaZoneXE
Jun 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
- Able to join a party mid multi area: i like to venture solo on a stage and would be nice to branch off with the people you met in muti party areas.

- Able to merge two parties with in Multi Party areas: Like above but say a party of 2 meets with another or a solo(1) person during multi area.

terrell707
Jun 28, 2012, 11:35 AM
- Able to join a party mid multi area: i like to venture solo on a stage and would be nice to branch off with the people you met in muti party areas.

- Able to merge two parties with in Multi Party areas: Like above but say a party of 2 meets with another or a solo(1) person during multi area.

First one is possible. Its somewhere in the party menu or the leader of the party just clicks on you and adds you to the party that way.

Second one, I think if I understand correctly, is also possible. Just have everyone leave their current party and then someone invites everyone. May be even possible without doing all that. Or if you mean a party of 2 and another party of 2 and a solo person being able to run a multiarea together, this is also possible. One group makes the quest and then the other partys look for the party that created the quest and choose the second option (join party in multi area, so you are in the same multiarea quest with them but not part of the party).

Defend
Jun 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
I loved PvP in PSOv2. The key is to not present it as something that carries the game, but as a bonus optional extra. Otherwise yes, expectations could easily become more than what the game can support.

The idea of joining parties in multiparty areas is good too; actually I imagine it's the first thing everyone thought of and I'm a bit surprised it doesn't exist. It would be a more intuitive method than even the game's current default.

Kazzi
Jun 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
I'd love to have some of the more "puzzle quests" from PSO where you had to flip switches and such, especially ones like Gallon's Treachery! Or maybe one of those just for fun quests like Rappy's Holiday and Resting at the beach?

Khabarakh
Jun 28, 2012, 12:04 PM
Kind of glad to see that in most other forums not-related to PSO-W, the idea of PvP is met with open arms and objective thought.

There's just something about the old-timers that gets their feathers ruffled at the idea of PvP.

YOUR feathers are ruffled. XD

oifjustus
Jun 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
Personally I can't stand pvp, except for like battlefield 3 (obviously) or similar games that were made as pvp games, with single player stuffed into the extra spots.

I've never been satisfied with pvp in games like PSO, its ALWAYS awkward and clunky, pso ep. 1&2 was terrible pvp.

Battle Mode on Gamecube was amazing. There were groups of great players who dominated battle mode, and enjoyed it. It gave players something to do other than grind constantly.. I think it would be an awesome addition to PSO2. Player Skill Based game content would be excellent.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
Battle Mode on Gamecube was amazing. There were groups of great players who dominated battle mode, and enjoyed it. It gave players something to do other than grind constantly.. I think it would be an awesome addition to PSO2. Player Skill Based game content would be excellent.
You are forgetting that this is a "free" to play game. I have yet to see one competitive "free" game where you are unable to gain an edge with cash. I guarantee that skill will be thrown out of the window. First, there would be obvious balance issues (there already are), and, by the time they are hopefully solved, the company starts losing money and, if it hasn't been done already, adds something people would be eager to buy: stat boosts, grinders that add+11 and more to your equipment, etc. I've seen it so many times that few example of the opposite, like LoL, can't serve as anything but exceptions. So I've stopped beind excited about the perspective of a PvP system being added to PSO2 after learning that the game is going to be "free".

Boodendorf
Jun 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
I'd only like pvp in PSO2 if it was similar to Anarchy Reigns' pvp (a game published by Sega btw), so in a brawler style. Here's a video for those who don't know what Anarchy Reigns pvp like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKJ_HVmGjHY
I'm not sure if a trailer is the best way to understand the pvp of that game, but it would clearly fit PSO2. Just make sure there are no infinite combos, make ground combos escapable, make throws techable, and let juggles as the only true combos while putting a juggle limit on them.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 12:53 PM
I would love PvP to be added to PSO2. However, if they found any sort of profit in giving advantages to paying players I'd much rather than just keep it PvE with the aesthetic shops.

Resanoca
Jun 28, 2012, 01:02 PM
Inb4 an event where we fight 3+ bosses at the same time in some sort of Danger Room. :0

Well, that can kind of happen anyway. It'll depend on timing/luck of random boss spawns though. D:

krophiquon
Jun 28, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'd love to see SEGA implement some of the mini-game features that Shen-Mue had. I think it would be really cool if you could put an old-school SEGA arcade machine like Hang-On! or Space Harrier in your room and then play it with your friends.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 03:06 PM
Would be cool, but you can bet it's going to be AC Scratch-only.

Bradders
Jun 29, 2012, 04:01 AM
Nice idea guys my favourite is introducing the card game from ep.3 into pso2 that would be alot of fun and bring something to an mmo i havn't seen before.

I have another idea a survival mode/ horde mode where waves upon waves of randomly generated enemies and bosses are chucked at you and the higher you get the sweeter the reward.

Bradders
Jun 29, 2012, 11:21 AM
Another idea let me know your opinions.

I would like to see a base defence mode where the Arks set up a base on x planet for x reason for x research and bam a flood of D cell monsters appear in the distance and shaaabam the defence begins.

Turrets like the ones in city can be upgraded, walls can and lights could be bought for night time raids and you fail when the scientists inside die.

Mounted turrets could be integrated lines of defence i.e. trenchs, laser fences etc...
Drop ships send you supplies every so often for repairs.

Thats my idea.