PDA

View Full Version : Class Changing Questions

palmtop
Jun 28, 2012, 11:06 AM
Hai all

I created 3 Accounts to try all 3 Classes to find out wich of them suits me most.

So i saw a Topic here that you can change your Class everytime and bring them all up to 30 at one Character. My Questions to this are :

In the past PS Games are the Races a big Deal to wich Class you Choose, so are Newman strong in Tech´s but very weak in HP / Deff. Is this still the same in PSO2 ?

Because a Newman Hunter with weak HP / Deff isnt that Great. I sak this because i started with a Newman Force and this Race sucks at all other Classes except as Force.

Other Question is how can i change my Class ? Does it cost anything ?

Greetings

Scale of Judgment
Jun 28, 2012, 11:08 AM
First, there's a Q and A thread.
Second, there are stat differences for the race regarding classes but they are not game breaking
Third, it doesn't cost anything to change your class.

Ryock
Jun 28, 2012, 11:10 AM
Race makes almost no difference in this game. In PSU, you'd be laughed at for playing a force CAST. In this game, it just means your tech took a very small hit. A male CAST force in this game will take probably 10-30 damage as a penalty, if that. The differences between the races and genders are extremely small in this game. And yes, you can switch to any class you like at pretty much any time you like for no cost whatsoever. So you could hypothetically just bring Hunter, Ranger, and Force to 30 on a single character and never worry about another character again.

Omisan
Jun 28, 2012, 01:07 PM
If i get to level 30, then change classes, am i level 1 now?

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 01:08 PM
Yes, you level up each class separately.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
there is no character level, every stat is determined by the three completely separate classes

Sizustar
Jun 28, 2012, 01:40 PM
If i get to level 30, then change classes, am i level 1 now?

To be more specific.

If you play as a RA.
Leveled it to lv.25
Havne't played as a HU or FO
Switched to HU
Your "level" goes back to 1, because you're now a Level 1 HU
But your RA Level is still the same, so if you switch back to RA, it'll be a Lv.25 RA.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 01:45 PM
only problem is your MAG is the same so if you have a physical attack MAg, until they release itemmall

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 01:47 PM
You can buy another Mag with Arks Cash. That's one of the quite a few ways Sega is going to be making money off PSO2.

yuiri
Jun 28, 2012, 01:49 PM
yes,

also skill tree addition is also itemmall,

it costs less to create another skilltree then resetting it.

you have up to 20 different skilltree to switch over.,

You can buy another Mag with Arks Cash. That's one of the quite a few ways Sega is going to be making money off PSO2.

Randomness
Jun 28, 2012, 02:43 PM
yes,

also skill tree addition is also itemmall,

it costs less to create another skilltree then resetting it.

you have up to 20 different skilltree to switch over.,

You know, I'm fearing that new skill trees end up having to be leveled. Because it's the only way this makes sense.

Sadly, did not test in CB.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
I wonder, did you have to pay for every SP you retrieve in CB? That's the other way it could make sense - I heard that every single thing costed the same in CB.

Piddle
Jun 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
You know, I'm fearing that new skill trees end up having to be leveled. Because it's the only way this makes sense. Sadly, did not test in CB.
I don't completely understand what you're saying. If you're thinking that buying a new skill tree means you start over at zero skill points having to level up the class again to regain those points for that specific tree then you're wrong. You get an additional unallocated skill tree with the same number of skill points available as if you had just reset it, and you can freely switch between them at the counter. At least that's how it worked in CBT anyway...