PDA

View Full Version : About The English Translation Patch For PSO2 Open Beta

MasterGunz2345
Jun 28, 2012, 12:28 PM
So has anyone been updated on the release of the English Translation Patch for PSO2 Open Beta? If so, do you know when they will release it? I could really use it, its very annoying selecting/reading things that are in Japanese since I have no idea what they are, what they do, or where they will take me. So has anyone heard any news about it? Thanks guys :)

Ayaleah
Jun 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
...because this questions hasn't been asked a thousand times.

There is no patch yet. Some awesome people seem to be working on it. Nobody knows how long it will take. It's a case of it's 'done when it's done'. ^^

Should a patch be released soon, you're not allowed to link it on here. Talk is allowed but links are a no no.

recursive
We can't talk about where to find English patches/other modifications here.

From the stickied post titled "Read this first: Rules on PSO2 "patches" and accounts.":

1. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., "English patch," etc) is not allowed here. Asking for and/or exchanging the information via the PM system is also prohibited.

2. Asking and/or begging for accounts here is prohibited. Account sharing/giving away is not allowed either.

Kanore
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194241

thanks guy

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 12:41 PM
you can learn the moonrunes ;3

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
ya here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

by the time you memorize both syllabaries in and out i promise you the english patch will probably be out

がんばって! ('ga n ba tte,' good luck!) see you're learning already

RedRaz0r
Jun 28, 2012, 01:00 PM
We can't talk about that here.

From the stickied post titled "Read this first: Rules on PSO2 "patches" and accounts.":

1. Posting links to any form of client modification (e.g., "English patch," etc) is not allowed here. Asking for and/or exchanging the information via the PM system is also prohibited.

2. Asking and/or begging for accounts here is prohibited. Account sharing/giving away is not allowed either.

For the millionth time, NO POSTING LINKS, but talking about it is okay. Read what you post.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 01:06 PM
At this point there are enough guides on this site and bumped.org to learn menus with ease. Only thing I can see the patch being very helpful for is the affixes on equipment. Even quests guides are out do some searching.

buri-chan
Jun 28, 2012, 01:15 PM
Last I heard from the translation team, they were planning on hopefully having something by next week. Just google it.

Cavistus
Jun 28, 2012, 01:16 PM
ya here

by the time you memorize both syllabaries in and out i promise you the english patch will probably be out

that's a little misleading, memorizing hiragana and katakana takes less than a week :p

Goat666
Jun 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
Only thing I can see the patch being very helpful for is the affixes on equipment.
I dunno if you need it, anyway: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196561
I couldn't find a full list of mag devices though; it's the only thing i feel troubled with at this point, I got the rest pretty much compretery cobered by all the guides.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
that's a little misleading, memorizing hiragana and katakana takes less than a week :p

Last I heard from the translation team, they were planning on hopefully having something by next week. Just google it.

there

besides you HAVE to learn vocabulary alongside hiragana because there are no loanwords so more time wasted waiting

i will educate the japanophile masses

bradsta6508
Jun 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
We can't talk about that here.

OK, Mr. "I joined PSO-World in June 2012". Glad you know so much.

Lumir
Jun 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
I dunno if you need it, anyway: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196561
I couldn't find a full list of mag devices though; it's the only thing i feel troubled with at this point, I got the rest pretty much compretery cobered by all the guides.

The affix guide is nice but im a heavy grinder and being able to instantly recognize an affix and its level would be nice to help me faster decided weather to sell or keep the item. Especially with multiple affixes.

For mag devices its much easier as there are only a few currently available and it does not effect my grinding since i can just throw the few i find into my storage for later consideration when im not grinding.

EDIT: You can find mag devices guide here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195744

Look for the spoiler box Mag Trigger Action Item Guide

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 01:37 PM

i joined pso-world in 2003 and what the hell are you talking about, shut up

Piddle
Jun 28, 2012, 01:39 PM
Wow, someone's defensive. He didn't even quote you.

Somnia
Jun 28, 2012, 01:43 PM
Looks more like he's just trying to wag his join date around like a status symbol.

Slidikins
Jun 28, 2012, 01:45 PM
that's a little misleading, memorizing hiragana and katakana takes less than a week :pWhen I learned Japanese we had to memorize it within a week. We were tested on it 5 days after receiving our books. It's not that hard to memorize, really. But if you had to choose, focus on Katakana. Most of the item names and NPCs are written in kata, whereas hiragana will mostly lead to words you don't know the meanings of.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 01:45 PM
Looks more like he's just trying to wag his join date around like a status symbol.

the guy i quoted yeah he totally is

MysticBruin
Jun 28, 2012, 01:50 PM
Can't wait! Won't lie -- I've played a bit, but I've been waiting for the patch to finish until I really start racking up playing time.

Priest
Jun 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
I've been playing the game almost flawlessly with my one-day training in katakana. Just memorize the syllabary and you can figure out most menus and item names, even with kanji scattered about, you can get the jist of it. Unless the translation patch works for NPC dialog, not sure I really need it anymore.

Hayde
Jun 28, 2012, 02:03 PM
The situation is more or less the same here as it is on the forum where the creator originates/frequents (don't PM me about it.)--people basically going "lolz is it done yet" and him/them basically saying "NO STOP BUGGING US."

Ranmaru
Jun 28, 2012, 02:17 PM
ya here

I guess I will try this out, because I sometimes blacklist/delete friends by accident, and didn't invite people to a party when I wanted to.

Thanks for this.

The things I do for PSO2. [/courage]

Karahaut
Jun 28, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm just patiently waiting for the English patch. I'm not ridiculously eager to play and I'd much rather wait for a solid English patch. Besides, knowing SEGA, this game might not even come to Europe or the United States.

recursive
Jun 28, 2012, 02:33 PM

Because having joined PSOW years ago would make me any more competent toward a game that is being released this year :/

Just saying it before anyone else, can't deny that someone would have cp'd the same information.

Edited original post for clarification, since some of you are having problems with it.

RedRaz0r
Jun 28, 2012, 02:40 PM
Because having joined PSOW years ago would make me any more competent toward a game that is being released this year :/

Just saying it before anyone else, can't deny that someone would have cp'd the same information.

Edited original post for clarification, since some of you are having problems with it.

What he means, is that you just joined, but quoting rules like you've been here forever. The funny part is that you quoted the rules, but said that we aren't allowed to talk about the patch, when it doesn't say that anywhere in the rules, not even in the piece you quoted.

supervamp78
Jun 28, 2012, 02:41 PM
ya here

>Implying the only thing you need to understand basic japanese is learn the alphabet

Quatre52
Jun 28, 2012, 02:42 PM

Looks more like hes defending a new member who some other fool needlessly attacked.

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 02:45 PM
>Implying the only thing you need to understand basic japanese is learn the alphabet

if you learn katakana you can get by in pso2 because of all of the loanwords

i barely remember my vocabulary tho so i barely use hiragana or kanji... but i'm using it as a springboard for remembering/further learning so it's fun

recursive
Jun 28, 2012, 02:47 PM
What he means, is that you just joined, but quoting rules like you've been here forever. The funny part is that you quoted the rules, but said that we aren't allowed to talk about the patch, when it doesn't say that anywhere in the rules, not even in the piece you quoted.

The OP indirectly asked where we could get the patch. Technically what I said was correct, but I edited my original post to clarify what I meant.

GrandTickler
Jun 28, 2012, 02:53 PM
im suprised that none of the english patch makers lurk arround this forum and give an update on the status now and then, unless i missed something. u would think someone who is willing translate pso2 is a big enough fan to hang around this forum :P

RedRaz0r
Jun 28, 2012, 03:05 PM
im suprised that none of the english patch makers lurk arround this forum and give an update on the status now and then, unless i missed something. u would think someone who is willing translate pso2 is a big enough fan to hang around this forum :P

Well i know one of the guys from way-back-when on PSO, and I know he lurks these forums, and also has an account. But I haven't seen a post from him since well before all the beta stuff started

bradsta6508
Jun 28, 2012, 06:35 PM

LMAOROFLLOLWTF

uwut

bradsta6508
Jun 28, 2012, 06:36 PM

We were talking about www.pso-world.com's policy regarding mods, not about a game that is coming out this year. What are you talking about, you seem quite incompetent.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2012, 06:47 PM

OK................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................+^_ ^+................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

bradsta6508
Jun 28, 2012, 06:48 PM
OK................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................+^_ ^+................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Haha, exactly what I was thinking. I officially take back anything bad I may or may not have said about you in the past Chik'Tikka. Moar +^_^+ pleez!

Mike
Jun 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
The OP's question has been answered so I'm going to close this.