PDA

View Full Version : Mission Party Joiners Unite!

Siatome
Jun 28, 2012, 02:28 PM
I'm still getting the hang of the interface,
I'm not in a team,
I have very few people in my friends list,
I have literally zero RL friends that play and yet,

I have never run a single mission in PSO2 solo.

Maybe I should have taken some screenshots before posting, or maybe I should have posted this in one of the many block specific community discussions, but I'm noticing a VERY bizarre pattern here. On the game every mission has tons of unlocked rooms with 1/4 players, and in the forums everyone is saying they make there own rooms, and then saying that no-one ever joins them.. when THEY never join anyone else either!

Joining a room in PSO is not an imposition, you're not invading, people WANT you to join! Sure every once in a while people just ignore you (there are jerks out there) but then you just leave the room and find another group! I've run into ALL kinds of wonderful folks doing that and best of all, as soon as that player count says 2/4 you can bet other joiners will hop on it like a piece of fresh meat and your party'll be full in no time! Then PSO2s awesome new mission system will let you switch missions and take your party with you for a whole night of fun! I've done this since I started and it works, in fact I just thought it was the way the game was meant to be played. As soon as your party builds you'll find that everyone is more than happy to run the missions that other people need to finish their client orders, Time Attacks, Matter Boards, etc. The community is great, but you have to give them the chance to be!

So here's the joiners pledge, I NEVER create a room for a mission when there are already open rooms, peopled by reasonable individuals, running it. Even if it sometimes means joining in the middle of the mission and having to catch it on the second run (most people do run the same mission multiple times). Sure it can feel daunting at first but joining up with people and working together can only serve to make the game, the community, and the experience, better for you AND everyone else!

Who's with me!?

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
I tend to not join parties because when you join an ongoing game you can actually get a lower rank at the end. In my current quest to get as many S Ranks with Maloo in my party as possible (till she gives me some super item or I get a full list of what she gives out, currently at about 55 runs with her), I just can't do it.

I see what you're getting at though, I saw this trend a good bit in PSU. Of course in PSU drops weren't instanced so keeping your games locked or on low numbers meant more drops for you.

ciroth
Jun 28, 2012, 02:34 PM
? You dont get lower rank in a mission unless you died and aren't revived by a team mate, or if you dont kill enough stuff before ending the mission.

True Item hunting parties are 12/12 multiplay parties where everyone moves as a mob. PSE Burst in 1 focused location with 12 people fighting awesome :)

MelancholyWitch
Jun 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
if you're on Ship 2 Block 20 I can help you out with any missions, yeah people seem to have weird titles for their parties, none at all or just their name so it's difficult to see which mission you'll end up doing I always tend to name my party with what I'm doing or the area I'm in, Look for Sniper Wolf in game and I'll help you out.

Keiko_Seisha
Jun 28, 2012, 02:38 PM
? You dont get lower rank in a mission unless you died and aren't revived by a team mate, or if you dont kill enough stuff before ending the mission.

True Item hunting parties are 12/12 multiplay parties where everyone moves as a mob. PSE Burst in 1 focused location with 12 people fighting awesome :)

If you join a fast moving party that's not item hunting in a multi-party area (I mean general questing) there's a fair chance you'll get a lower rank from missing the number of required enemies.

With client orders mostly needing you to S Rank missions then you just can't afford to do so.

Now, this is based mostly on situations I've been in. I might've joined parties that missed the required number of enemies and just got a bad rank in the process, but I've joined games and got a C Rank while everyone else got an S Rank while never dying once.

Siatome
Jun 28, 2012, 02:44 PM
people seem to have weird titles for their parties, none at all or just their name so it's difficult to see which mission you'll end up doing

If you pick your mission first and then pick the second option It only shows you parties that are running that mission :-)

I've joined games and got a C Rank while everyone else got an S Rank while never dying once.

Yeah but then you just do another run! It's a small price in time spent to be able to play with others and have a better experience. It's not like that C goes on your permanent record Lol :-P

Omisan
Jun 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
It is true that if u join a game that has been going on for 15 minutes, you shouldnt expect to srank when the mission is completed in the next five.

I join lots of games. There are two kinds i look for: games with fewer than 5 minutes in progress for srank, and games with around 20 or more min for item hunting.

I always search for parties that are doing the mission i want, if i dont find one i go to another block and continue till i do.

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
I have noticed it's tough to get people to join my party. I normally focus on getting things done when I party, so if I need that S rank, I just go it alone. But if I'm hunting a specific enemy and don't care about rank, you'll bet I look for a party first.

I want to take this time to point out that choosing a party sorted by mission is the most amazing thing ever. I'm so glad they implemented that.

Rhypht
Jun 28, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'm with you. I do have RL friends that play the game, and I do have a few others on my friends list that I will party up with if no one else is on. But when there aren't many people on or asking me to play with them, I always join up in a 1/4 game. I've met a lot of cool people that way, and you're right, it'll fill up to 3 or 4 very quickly.

Siatome
Jun 28, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm with you.

YES! Together we shall propagate my paciferous plan to transform the party making propensities of the PSO People!!

jooozek
Jun 28, 2012, 05:42 PM
(...) It's not like that C goes on your permanent record Lol :-P
If I recall correctly it actually goes to your statistics! Not like it matters generally though, just thought I'd mention.

Zyrusticae
Jun 28, 2012, 05:44 PM
I do my very best to join other parties if possible, but for awhile now I haven't been able to do so because of S-rank requirements for those bloody client orders (which, come to think of it, is a good reason to nix that S-rank requirement). Now that I'm all done with those, however, it's clear sailing for me!

I also make games and try my very best to encourage others to join, with some goofy titles and descriptions.

serenade
Jun 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
i've solo'd or played with my small group of friends for the most part.

i hate playing on crowded blocks. i'm always open for running with new people, but not on a congested block. i f someone joins one of my parties or even requests to exchange cards that isgreat. but it wont be on block 20 or 21.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 06:08 PM
you're a really excited dude, that's nice.

i just do whatever. sometimes i'll solo since it's fun to practice bosses.

Gardios
Jun 28, 2012, 06:21 PM
I love partying, but I'm always reluctant to join because I take so long to load and don't want them to be waiting... Thankfully, most people are understanding.