PDA

View Full Version : Event Times for PSOW Meet & Greet for Saturday 6/30

Rizen
Jun 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
A (late) continuation of my last post: Event Planning a Meet & Greet for Next Week (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195732)

A few things I need to address before continuing:

I'm sorry if you can no make this events because of scheduling. I apologize for the lateness of those post. Every time I sat down to actually do actually type out this post, I always got sided tracked or real life issues popped up. If necessary it can postpone.
I will only be hosting on Ship 2. I'm sure that Ship 10 and others can meet around the same time since the activity level of when players are active are the same.
Even if you can't stay the whole time, please do stop by to meet some of your other players or just show off what you have done or gotten so far!

Since we are sharing space with the Japanese, I've been monitoring player activity for the last week to see when people are most active. From what I've noticed, people start being most active around 3 PM EST onward. Ideally, I want the event to go for about two hour. So here is what I have come up with for options.

Option 1: 3 PM EST | 12 PM PST | 2 PM CST | 8 PM GMT
Option 2: 4 PM EST | 1 PM PST | 3 PM CST | 9 PM GMT
Option 3: 5 PM EST | 2 PM PST | 4 PM CST | 10 PM GMT

A poll will be put up shortly after this post. Please vote when it is available. Once I have a time finalized, I will make another topic about festivities I have planned.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
I was going to set something like this up but you beat me to it. :) Will try and attend.

xBladeM6x
Jun 28, 2012, 07:05 PM
I vote for option 2. Aside from that, I'll definitely be attending this. :D

sugarFO
Jun 28, 2012, 07:06 PM
Lol I'll be online all of those times, I can stop by. ^^

Gardios
Jun 28, 2012, 07:15 PM
I'm fine with all three. :)

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
Oh you know I'll be there struttin mah stuff :)

Coatl
Jun 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
The 30th is pretty soon. Will you give us a location of any sort?

Rizen
Jun 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
The 30th is pretty soon. Will you give us a location of any sort?
I am going to create a topic about location and other stuff after time is decided. Gives me a bit time to draft out what I want to put in.

I know that the 30th is right around the corner and I do apologize again for not making this part easier. I did mention last week with the timezone thread that I was planning for this week. Everyone I asked pretty much said Saturday was their best day (which was the same for other Meet & Greets in the past), so I figured it wasn't too big of an issue.

Vylera
Jun 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
I can hop in on the 5 PM time slot.

Though I'll have to leave at 6 PM.

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 07:43 PM
I am going to create a topic about location and other stuff after time is decided. Gives me a bit time to draft out what I want to put in.

I know that the 30th is right around the corner and I do apologize again for not making this part easier. I did mention last week with the timezone thread that I was planning for this week. Everyone I asked pretty much said Saturday was their best day (which was the same for other Meet & Greets in the past), so I figured it wasn't too big of an issue.

Don't see any other day that could work better other then Sunday. Most people got work and school during the weekday. You could do a weekend meet and greet. Have it Saturday and Sunday at the same time each day, gives two perfect opportunities.

Rizen
Jun 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Don't see any other day that could work better other then Sunday. Most people got work and school during the weekday. You could do a weekend meet and greet. Have it Saturday and Sunday at the same time each day, gives two perfect opportunities.
That was also mentioned in the other thread. My only concern is the "one or the other mentality" for showing up to things. I want to try to have a big turn out.

The only way I can ensure a big turn out both days would to have a big prize incentive. Could work if people donate stuff, but trading doesn't seem to work atm because of AC and player shop trading is risky.

mhjc
Jun 28, 2012, 07:51 PM
That was also mentioned in the other thread. My only concern is the "one or the other mentality" for showing up to things. I want to try to have a big turn out.

The only way I can ensure a big turn out both days would to have a big prize incentive. Could work if people donate stuff, but trading doesn't seem to work atm because of AC and player shop trading is risky.

Do what others do, sell yourself an expensive monomate, then price accordingly to prevent that, if it sells that high, then you win since you just got tons of dosh. I may donate something I haven't sold, probably a Photon launcher I found during the lv30 event. I don't think I have much else that'd be special (Gunslashes are hated among everyone).

Grim55
Jun 28, 2012, 08:00 PM
Ill be there for whatever time is decided.

Massaki
Jun 28, 2012, 08:05 PM
Any of the 3 options is fine with me. Will definitely be there!

Lostbob117
What date will this be on?

Hrith
I will try my best to be there. The times are fine for me (GMT+1).

Scrub
Jun 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hopefully I move in fast enough to be there. This sounds like a good way to meet some decent folks to play with, so it's almost certain that I'm going to end up missing it.

AlMcFly
Jun 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
I voted noon PST but I really can hit any of them as this Saturday is free free free XD

Cypher_9
Jun 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
I'll be there, just lemme know through the team chat :D

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Saturday 4pm, gotcha, I'll be there+^_^+

Totori
Jun 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
Mhm, I'll also be in, that is if I don't oversleep. :p

PSO Addict
Jun 28, 2012, 09:05 PM
Would it be wrong to ditch my cousin's wedding for this?

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2012, 09:06 PM

*looks at forum name, looks at post, looks again at forum name* No????
+^_^+

Thermalwolf
Jun 28, 2012, 09:06 PM

Yeah this occurred to me after posting. Oh well, I'm sure the turn out to be decent for a saturday ^^

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 09:49 PM

yes what's wrong with you

Rizen
Jun 28, 2012, 09:53 PM

*beats with a stick* BAD! Be supportive of your family!

There will be more Meet & Greets in the future! :D

Coatl
Jun 28, 2012, 09:53 PM

Well...
Yeah.

Unless they have the wedding in PSO2.
Then it's all cool.

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2012, 10:04 PM
*beats with a stick* BAD! Be supportive of your family!

There will be more Meet & Greets in the future! :D

You'd have to be the worst kind of person to miss something like that when it comes to family. Or you hate your family.

Sadly, I work this day. So I have to miss it. Oh well!

astrobear
Jun 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
i might give it a shot if i am not doing anything

NexusRay
Jun 28, 2012, 10:19 PM
I've got work until 3 EST, so I'm voting for 5. Might be at a friend's house, but they can deal. XD I wanna meet some of you guys (even if I'm still only level 13 >>).

KanekoSaya
Jun 28, 2012, 10:30 PM
What's the point of this meet and greet thingy?

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
Voted for the 3rd option. The later the better.

I may show up if my schedule allows it.

http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/misc/s0414.gif

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 28, 2012, 10:41 PM
Not gonna be around during this, unfortunately. Sunday would have been better for me. Or Today.

Mike
Jun 28, 2012, 10:43 PM
What's the point of this meet and greet thingy?
Meet people who post here, talk, have fun, dance, contests, do missions, whatever.

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
What's the point of this meet and greet thingy?Sorry felt like being a smart a** lol

The original post says in number 3 and his last sentence the answer to your question <3

TheBlackMage
Jun 28, 2012, 11:17 PM
Not gonna be around during this, unfortunately. Sunday would have been better for me.

Likewise here, I'm covering someone's shift and I can't go back on my word. (5pm EST but I have to get ready for work at 4pm so that would only make 3pm EST my only available option for the 30th)

I would be able to make it on Sunday at 4/5pm EST So hopefully there will be a meet-n-greet part 2 for those of us that just can't make it. :/

Ranmaru
Jun 29, 2012, 07:37 AM
I will be there. : D

MasterSpark
Jun 29, 2012, 08:14 AM
I voted for the third option, but they're all good for me. :)

Angelo
Jun 29, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hm, I'll be out of town...

Slidikins
Jun 29, 2012, 08:28 AM
I'll be attending a number of offline events on Saturday, but I hope you guys have fun :D

Wayu
Jun 29, 2012, 09:25 AM
Can someone convert those times to Beijing Standard Time? ^^;

-Wayu

Taitu
Jun 29, 2012, 09:28 AM
I am going to be at work until 9:30 Saturday. I won't be able to attend.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 29, 2012, 06:03 PM
Actually... I may or may not be able to show up. I'll update on whether or not I will.

EDIT: I am available tomorrow.