PDA

View Full Version : Current policy on multiple accounts?

Arredoval
Jun 28, 2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I'm one of the people who would have rather had a plain monthly subscription after seeing all the crap we have to pay for.

I would just suck it up and eventually charge enough to make a few extra characters if they handled it reasonably, but they don't. 200 spaces is way too cramped for more than one character to comfortably live out of, and I shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee for more space for characters I also had to pay for. I believe this and stand firmly by it.

So, I'd rather juggle multiple accounts as a means of having alts. But being how things are, I'm worried they may have a harsh smackdown on them. I wouldn't want to end up IP banned or something.

So, does anyone know what their current policy on multiple accounts is? Have they said anything about it? If nothing is known about it right now, I'm still going to end up waiting until a few weeks after we're out of beta and ask again, though. Give other people some time to test those waters first or give Sega some time to realize that it's happening and give a response and all. I just thought I'd ask now just in case they've already stated something about it so I know whether or not to drop the idea right now.

Sp-24
Jun 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
I can't say for sure, but it is almost always against the rules. Playing with different characters from the same IP isn't, though (again, from what I know).

mhjc
Jun 28, 2012, 07:24 PM
All you have to do, is ask yourself is if you're stupid enough to mock Sega in front of them by declaring you have multiple accounts.
Multiple connections from the same IP don't matter, they have net-cafe support so you don't get flagged by having multiple people play from the same locale.
Obviously it is in the TOS that you shouldn't have multiple accounts, but they won't know unless you tell them you do.

Mike
Jun 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Look through the ToS (http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/), I don't see anything that specifically forbids the use of multiple accounts but if one of your accounts gets banned, Sega can ban all of your other ones too.

From Article 18, section 3:

同一のお客様が、複数の本件IDを使用して、本ゲームサーバーに接続することが可能な状態であり、且つ、弊 社が前項各号に基づき本件IDについて利用を停止、または利用許諾を解除した場合、弊社は当該のお客様が使 用すると判断される他の全ての本件IDについて利用を停止し、または本規約に基づく利用許諾を解除すること ができます。

So yeah, you can play with multiple accounts.

serenade
Jun 28, 2012, 07:34 PM
i've got 2. my level 13 HUcast and my main level 22 RAmar. i have 2 because the first was an extra account a friend made to get me into the closed beta. the second is one i made for pre-beta so i had my own legit account.

personally, i already ditched my account with my HUcast. too much of a pain transferring gear. i'll just wait until full release to re-create him on my main as a second character so sharing money and gear will be alot easier.

AlMcFly
Jun 28, 2012, 08:41 PM
I'm neither admitting nor denying I have two accounts. But I will say that I hypothetically think it's BAD-FREAKIN-ASS watching my two characters fight side by side as registered NPC friends :D

ZIE creations
Jun 28, 2012, 09:17 PM
I'm neither admitting nor denying I have two accounts. But I will say that I hypothetically think it's BAD-FREAKIN-ASS watching my two characters fight side by side as registered NPC friends :D

Because just one pair of twins is never enough

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i47.tinypic.com/rsvnmo.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

AlMcFly
Jun 28, 2012, 09:22 PM
Lols, look at the names in the lower left corner :D

[spoiler-box]
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/AlMcFly/pso20120626_132112_000.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 28, 2012, 09:22 PM

NPC registered friends?

AlMcFly
Jun 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
NPC registered friends?

Am I the only person who had this idea? Can't be...

PSO Addict
Jun 28, 2012, 09:23 PM
The idea to buying new characters is that you will buy premium access on one acount and gain benefits for mulitple characters. As long as you don't want too many different characters, keeping in mind you can change class, you can buy some and pay subscription to all of them at the same time and fool yourself into thinking it's not free to play.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
Am I the only person who had this idea? Can't be...

I just dunno what that is.

AlMcFly
Jun 28, 2012, 09:26 PM

You use the visiphone to register your character at its current level and build. Anyone you are friends with can summon your character anytime as an NPC.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 28, 2012, 09:28 PM

this will answer all of your question+^_^+ http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
You use the visiphone to register your character at its current level and build. Anyone you are friends with can summon your character anytime as an NPC.

Oh, cool. That's news to me. I should do that.

Alena Zouryx
Jun 28, 2012, 10:05 PM
You also get FUN points for doing so, and so does the person who's NPC you bring along. So it's a win-win for everyone! :D

AlMcFly
Jun 28, 2012, 10:24 PM
You also get FUN points for doing so, and so does the person who's NPC you bring along. So it's a win-win for everyone! :D

That I did not know. Would explain why I have an uneven number of fun points XD

Arredoval
Jun 28, 2012, 10:57 PM
<_< I'm not sure if most responses here have ended up being yay or nay.

I wouldn't have a problem buying more characters if extra storage for them automatically came with them. I never liked leaving a class alone even if I hated it back in PSU, so I'd basically have three sets of equipment for each character... Add in that I'd be stashing discs because I can't just check who has what level at a moment's notice, various quest items, item lab fodder and eventually mag fodder... I'd be completely out of space with the standard 200, and like I said in the front post, I shouldn't have to buy more storage-- especially as a subscription --because of characters that I already paid money for.

I just like mixing things up once in a while, and there's only so much the makeover shop can do without shelling out a bunch of money. Plus I'm spoiled by previous installments letting me have 4+ characters. It just gets a little boring playing the same one.

I don't exactly go looking for trouble, so it's not like I'd be doing anything questionable aside from the multiple accounts. I'm a sucker, so I'd probably end up charging at least a little money to each one eventually for some shiny thing that comes out somewhere along the line.

It may get a little boring with just one, but if there's a chance I'd get any/all of the accounts banned, I don't want to risk it.

(...Inviting the other accounts as NPCs was also something I was looking forward to.)

Skids
Jun 28, 2012, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about having multiple accounts. I think it only ebcomes a real issue for the game company if your playing both at the same time.

ciroth
Jun 28, 2012, 11:05 PM
you can perm expand your carry inventory from 50 to 100 with AC shop, no time limit on it. need to buy 5 x 10 inventory space expanders.

But the extra storage space is another story. i usually clena out my storage once i hits 200. usually 100 items NPCed = about 40-50k money