PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Boxed Edition Coming Out in September

Mike
Jun 28, 2012, 11:37 PM
According to Shogai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/06/120629b.html), there's going to be a boxed edition of PSO2, called the Premier Edition, coming out in September. It'll cost 6279 yen and comes with a plethora of bonus items.
5 different item codes
30 days of the premium set
1000 FUN
A mag evolution device (cell)
A color change ticket
5 scape dolls
A selection of boost items
It doesn't say what the included weapons or mag evolution will be but if you're looking to have a PSO2 box on your shelf for some reason, this might be your chance.

EDIT: You can preorder at AmiAmi (http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-PC-0487) or Chara Ani (http://www.chara-ani.com/details.aspx?prdid=B12616344).

HFlowen
Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe.

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
According to Shogai (http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2012/06/120629b.html), there's going to be a boxed edition of PSO2, called the Premier Edition, coming out in September. It'll cost 6279 yen and comes with a plethora of bonus items.
5 different item codes
30 days of the premium set
1000 FUN
A mag evolution device (cell)
A color change ticket
5 scape dolls
It doesn't say what the included weapons or mag evolution will be but if you're looking to have a PSO2 box on your shelf for some reason, this might be your chance.

D: I want one... god I need a job...

Cavistus
Jun 28, 2012, 11:40 PM
Whew, that's pricey.

that's roughly $80 for those who don't know.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
~75 USD huh? the mag cell might be worth it depending on what it is, if a special evolved mag levels up faster the same way they did in pso 1 and 2 (i love rappy beaks)

moorebounce
Jun 28, 2012, 11:41 PM
I don't think so It's not worth $80 U.S. just to have a boxed version. I'll spend $80 on it I just don't need the box.

Somnia
Jun 28, 2012, 11:44 PM
One of the item codes is going to have to be a really amazing exclusive costume, then I'll consider it.

njdss4
Jun 28, 2012, 11:45 PM
Way too expensive for a free to play game. The Scape Dolls are nice, but the FUN can be earned in-game.

Garnet_Moon
5 scape dolls
Hell yeah i'm getting this box set!

Fusioneko
I dont know.. As everyone else said .. $70? $80? Pricey as all hell can be, it would be more affordable.. at a lower price like $40 or $50 and still highly profitable for SEGA their market aim is way to high.

EDIT: I have to mention that steams annual sale is coming up.. if it happens. Christmas in July.

StevoLime
Jun 28, 2012, 11:47 PM
Hopefully this will be available to get imported, probably will hav to get this if it is.

Ueno54
Jun 28, 2012, 11:48 PM
For that much I'd kind of expect 60 days of premium.

mhjc
Jun 28, 2012, 11:48 PM
I didn't think they'd be doing this with their claimed focus of digital services. I thought they'd want to get away from retail.
The cell evolution would have to be really special to get those people to splurge on something like this. Maybe a sonic/chao/rappy mag would make tons of people fork over that dough.

Kaziel
Jun 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
Wish there were physical items that came with it, and I'd purchase it in a heartbeat. All digital except for the installation media and maybe a manual? That's a stretch.

Give me a Rappy plush! Something!

Angelo
Jun 28, 2012, 11:49 PM
Depends on what the item codes are.

If it's some awesome costumes then I'll bite.

sugarFO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:52 PM
Depends on what the item codes are.

If it's some awesome costumes then I'll bite.

Same. I'm a sucker for cute costumes!

Kanore
Jun 28, 2012, 11:53 PM
Japan: Economic downturn? LOL no we'll keep overpricing everything

Crysteon
Let's do some random math:

5 different item codes (No AC, perhaps 5 weakened Nacht weapons released so far)
30 days of the premium set (1300 AC)
1000 FUN (almost 2 weeks of daily log ins, or 1000 optional AC)
A mag evolution device (cell) (some shit that might be able later via AC)
A color change ticket (a minimal spend of 200-500 AC)
5 scape dolls (150 AC x 5 = 750 AC)
A selection of boost items (A minimal of 2000 AC trying the 200 AC gacha, considering you get 10 boost items in total)

So...1300 + 200 + 750 + 2000 = 4250 as minimal spending on AC! (5250 with the FUN bonus gotten from AC)

Yeah, it's a rip off.

Enforcer MKV
Same. I'm a sucker for cute costumes!

If the only way to get a bathing suit is the box, I'm gonna laugh so damn hard.

No, really, that'd be freaking hilarious to me. XD

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:54 PM
Already preordered! Lol

This and Borderlands Ultimate Loot Chest Edition are the only things i want this year xD
So roughly 230$ i spent :O

This folks is why i save money,so when unemployed i can buy ganes.Not save up for a car or my future haha jk btw

Hayde
Jun 28, 2012, 11:55 PM
That's $75USD before import prices right? Back when I ordered imported Japanese games all the time (during the PS1/PS2/DC era) I remember always having to pay an extra $10-15 dollars on top of the retail price along with shipping...

RocSage

So...1300 + 200 + 750 + 2000 = 4250 as minimal spending on AC! (5250 with the FUN bonus gotten from AC)

Yeah, it's a rip off.

depends on what those weapons and that mag cell looks like. It may be worth it if you are going to spend the money on some of that stuff anyways.

Alnet
Ecch, I'd be interested in picking this up if this didn't come out in the same month as two other games I'm planning on buying.

DemonMike
Jun 28, 2012, 11:56 PM
Should be out in Japan when this releases. Think I'll get it as an early birthday present.

Ryoten
Jun 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
Don't think so. I'll wait until some one in Japan gets it & starts showing it off. You can bet to see most of the items in players shop at an hella high price. Besides....Sept. is my gaming month. ^^

ShadowDragon28
Jun 28, 2012, 11:57 PM
eeh that's nearly $70 and with s&h possibly $80. I rather just buy Arks Cash...

DTwO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:58 PM
Ecch, I'd be interested in picking this up if this didn't come out in the same month as two other games I'm planning on buying.

What other two games if you dont mind me asking?

lethe
Jun 29, 2012, 12:20 AM
Didn't see it mentioned. But just so everyone knows it's available for preorder on the english Amiami site for 5200 yen. Just search pc in the search bar and it's a little bit down the page, no picture.

edit: If it's anything like the size of a figma box since amiami only has three shipping box sizes. I'd expect shipping to be around 1800-2200 yen depending on size and weight. I order from Amiami a lot, if not too much.

edit edit: Forgot to mention that's if you use EMS as the shipping option, there is of course SAL shipping but there's no tracking number for that.

Ferria
Jun 29, 2012, 01:05 AM
YES!!!!!!

Crystal_Shard
Jun 29, 2012, 03:08 AM
Kinda wondering they'll have this as a limited run item, or if they plan to have this on the shelf for at least a year or more. I should call my local store to see if they could bring it in.

The currently all digital nature of the box set is somewhat disappointing. Would've liked to see a mini booklet or a soundtrack at the very least. I wonder when the final contents of the box will be revealed to us.

Zarod89
Jun 29, 2012, 03:28 AM
Couple quick questions,
Do we have to pay for the game itself?
Can we just pay some kind of subscription fee if we want full time premium?
If so, can someone make a little guide how to start this subscription?
Or do we have to manually buy premium/ac whenever we run out of points?
Thanks! :D

Bradders
Jun 29, 2012, 03:43 AM
So if i pre-order this will it work in uk if they release the game here and have a seperate server?

Hayde
Jun 29, 2012, 04:08 AM
So if i pre-order this will it work in uk if they release the game here and have a seperate server?

No, of course not. The disk would contain just the Japanese client and the codes are likely tied to the Japanese servers. If you think about it--the English localization (American/EU) client/servers probably don't even exist yet and if they do, it's probably in testing stages.

Bradders
Jun 29, 2012, 04:25 AM
No, of course not. The disk would contain just the Japanese client and the codes are likely tied to the Japanese servers. If you think about it--the English localization (American/EU) client/servers probably don't even exist yet and if they do, it's probably in testing stages.

Im holding out till there is more info then thanks.

Revlis-Desilver
Jun 29, 2012, 04:44 AM
ive pre ordered mine weather the disc works or not it works back to just over £40 for all the items which to me seem a good deal :)

TelleT
Jun 29, 2012, 05:27 AM
Will they even accept orders from outside of Japan?

kantaris
Jun 29, 2012, 05:34 AM
So then there's at least a damn good idea as to when the actual release date is going to be ;)

lethe
Jun 29, 2012, 05:50 AM
Will they even accept orders from outside of Japan?

Yes, it's up on their english site

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-PC-0487&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dphantasy%2 4pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Pyrii
Jun 29, 2012, 06:04 AM
Apparently the 5 codes are for unique weapons.
£60 for the game? Err, nope, most games ehre are worth £40 at most.

Pyrii
Jun 29, 2012, 06:16 AM

Yeah, it's a rip off.

That's being incredibly generous. The boost items can be gotten from FUN gacha. Plus you get identical amounts of FUN for spending Arks cash, so in fact you would get MORE FUN buying this directly in-game. Which of course you would get boost items etc from using it

In the end it's about collecting it as a piece of memorabilia, and hoping it contains more than a disc and a manual.

EDIT: And don't forget shipping, that will be at least 1000Yen

supersonix9
Jun 29, 2012, 07:21 AM
Dude. It's a hard copy. I'll pay 80 bucks for the hard copy itself. It's PSO2. It's a game collector's dream.

Clessy
Jun 29, 2012, 07:24 AM
So does anyone have an actual importer to buy it from yet or do we just have japanese sites still?

Lord Yurka
Jun 29, 2012, 09:00 AM
I am thinking of getting it. Collector's dream and supporting Sega! =p

Vintasticvin
Jun 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
YES! I am sooooo getting this cause Im a "phan" (nyerk! Pun inserted) of Sega and the online Phantasy Star franchise plus it would be neat to have a japanese imported item on display in my room and use the disc to spread the mgic of pso to others.

Spanese
Jun 29, 2012, 12:15 PM
Is there a English website? ;_;

Vintasticvin
Jun 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Is there a English website? ;_;

At this moment no but if your browser has a translator its very helpful

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 29, 2012, 12:34 PM
Wow, colour me not interested.

buri-chan
Jun 29, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hm, would I rather fork out for EMS, or have fun waiting forever for SAL to show up for cheap...

Sunzero
Jun 29, 2012, 01:07 PM
I would say the faster the better. Yet none of the stuff is essential in any way. And it is expensive enough as it is...

KusaTheFonewearl
Jun 29, 2012, 01:15 PM
I like this idea, will it come with a disc? I like discs... also The first place I'd check is play-asia.... think they'd have this? I mean, they had that special infinity pack when it came out so...

buri-chan
Jun 29, 2012, 01:18 PM
It's up on AmiAmi English. I never go with Play-Asia. They usually want too much.

Arika
Jun 29, 2012, 01:42 PM
September?? that seem long to have beta test run for 3 months.

So the beta will run from now until September? pretty sure everybody will max out all 30 in every jobs by then.

Edit:
Ordered!

ClothoBuer
Jun 29, 2012, 01:52 PM
For all the people complaining about price, AmiAmi has it marked down to 5200 yen, so roughly ~$65, not counting shipping. I can justify this since not only does it support Sega, but you're getting some decent stuff out of it, plus having that all-important box art. Couldn't care less if I can't install it, DAT BOX ART.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 29, 2012, 02:01 PM
For all the people complaining about price, AmiAmi has it marked down to 5200 yen, so roughly ~$65, not counting shipping. I can justify this since not only does it support Sega, but you're getting some decent stuff out of it, plus having that all-important box art. Couldn't care less if I can't install it, DAT BOX ART.

Physical possessions ain't nothing. To the big ole' fire below with box art.

On the supporting SEGA side of things, I plan to buy character slots and most likely an extra mag or too.

ClothoBuer
Jun 29, 2012, 02:03 PM
To the big ole' fire below with box art.

http://www.memestick.com/images/MULTIPIC/awhellnaw.jpg

Thrane
Jun 29, 2012, 02:33 PM
Is it normal when you hit "check postal code" button it comes up with it not found?

The Awesomeinator
Jun 29, 2012, 03:29 PM
Ahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah ahaaaaaaaaahhhhno.

1. I hate the idea of paying for consumable-in game items. What if I mess up and waste my Scape Doll?

2. Those "rare items" will either be sold for a fortune, be really OP for starting characters, or be utterly worthless to those of us with level 30s from the OBT.

3. 1000 Fun is worthless.

4. Rare costume? No thanks, everyone who has it will be wearing it. And you know what Syndrome said... when everyone's super, no-one is.

5. Eighty dollars? Maybe forty, and add in an extra month of premium.

Ranmaru
Jun 29, 2012, 05:55 PM
I don't see what is wrong with $80. I can see them shelling it out for $60 since most new games come out at that price.

Regardless I'll get one for myself and my girlfriend. (Her internet is crap so this should help her play with me : P )

batfax
Jun 29, 2012, 06:07 PM
I love to own things as opposed to digital content so the option to buy PSO2 and have it among my collection is pretty appealing to me. Too bad basically the entire thing is a single disc for a game that probably won't be playable in a decade and a pile of digital baubles that don't amount to anything. I really want to support Sega for making the game in some way though, but I'll probably do that for the eventual domestic release of the game and just buy some AC or something.

mctastee
Jun 29, 2012, 06:19 PM
I think I will get this. I don't buy games too often since I only play on PC, but whether or not it is worth the cost is irrelevant to me. Besides, nothing wrong with getting some extras.

Zabrio
Jun 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
1000 FUN?

Most F2P Boxed versions include the cash stop cash

I was expecting that to be 1000AC

Arika
Jun 29, 2012, 09:03 PM
People seem misunderstand "color change" as "rare clothes" from what I read on previous posts?

Well, "color change" is an item that probably worth more as in AC term here. because it is an item that require you to trade 10x of AC clothes to get it and use for change any color clothes you like by scrolling color bar.(special way of tune color on clothes just like you did on hair color.)

10x AC clothes probably worth 5000 AC by its own.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2012, 09:16 PM
Arika, actually I think only ONE AC costume is needed to trade for a Color Change Ticket from what I see in the Recycle Shop now...

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2012, 09:19 PM
Arika, actually I think only ONE AC costume is needed to trade for a Color Change Ticket from what I see in the Recycle Shop now...

This is correct. One AC outfit = one Recycle Ticket.

Which is much more appropriate than twelve. That was utter insanity.

goldwing
Jun 29, 2012, 09:56 PM
O yea im getting this. I just gotta figuer out how to get it with usd... any tips?

Gardios
Jun 29, 2012, 10:07 PM
You can get it via AmiAmi, they accept PayPal.

The scary thing about that is that there are probably people who would still go for it...

Arika
Jun 29, 2012, 10:16 PM

Hmm, but only one seem too easy to me lol.
10 was also too much.

oh well, may be clothes will drop from gacha at much less chance now, who know.

Alnet
Jun 30, 2012, 02:16 AM
What other two games if you dont mind me asking?

Borderlands 2 (PS3) and SD Gundam G Generation Over World (PSP).

... why the latter is a PSP game, I don't know. I guess the game was mostly finished, and they didn't feel like porting it to Vita hardware.

BahnKnakyu
Jun 30, 2012, 05:55 AM
Other sites to check out are play-asia and ncsx. They both do imports, but I'm not sure if they'll be carrying this boxed edition.

Dragwind
Jun 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
This is pretty neat-o, except for the price. I think a little bit more should be included, or the price chopped down.

iwerkout
Jul 3, 2012, 03:52 AM
Hmm...
This, or a solid state drive...

So hard to decide! D:

Does anyone know how long this will be available on amiami?

Arika
Jul 14, 2012, 03:52 AM
I wonder if there is anymore detail on

?

Alenoir
Jul 14, 2012, 05:50 AM
They still didn't say what it is, but it could be some EXP/Drop increase items.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 14, 2012, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't mind having a boxed version with the extra goodies. The price doesn't bother me too much. I'm already used to paying $100+ for imports anyway, lol. The only thing that I could see genuinely bothering someone about this price is the fact that you'd be spending $80 on a free game.

Honestly though? I'd say it's worth every penny. I've been enjoying it since OBT and with how much content it will have by the end of the year, you'd be getting more bang for your buck than most games priced at that much these days. So, I certainly wouldn't regret spending the money on it if I wanted to.

I'm just curious to know what the item codes are for~

Asuni
Oct 5, 2012, 09:28 PM
I just bought it from AmiAmi...have no idea how long it will take to get :(

Soy Sauce
Nov 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
I don't know. So far I have enjoyed the game for free... I'll probably buy AC when it comes out for the US. But tbh, this game has not really gripped me to the same degree as PSO1, thus I'm feeling 80 bucks is a little much. Of course, My opinion