PDA

View Full Version : I would love to play PSO2 - Please help

Abdarrell
Jun 29, 2012, 10:11 AM
It is very difficult to find people who post regularly in the tech support thread, so here's a quick "help me!" topic.

I use a regular macbook pro. Not terribly great for gaming, but oftentimes good enough.

I downloaded PSO2 and received a message telling me the game takes up too much space on my "C-drive?". I looked everywhere to try to free up space but couldn't figure out how.

Any other issues people are having after the installation process I should know about as I work my way toward playing this beta?

Thank you so much - any help is appreciated.

MrShoestore
Jun 29, 2012, 10:17 AM
are you using bootcamp or parallels/vmware?

Abdarrell
Jun 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
Bootcamp. I just completely cleaned the disk out and there's still no space. Is there any hope?

MrShoestore
Jun 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
how big did you set you partition when setting up bootcamp? The default is 25gigs, and a windows 7 install on a 64bit system is about 20gigs.. add a 3 gig download, and then that download has to install those files... you are going to be out of space.

If that is the case, you are going to have to resize the partition. There are supposed to be programs that can do that... but they have not worked for me. In fact, they screwed it up. Likely what you'll have to do is remove the bootcamp partition and create a new, bigger one (like mine is 40gigs just in case). Do you have a time machine backup of your mac data? cause you may end out having to do a complete reset of the hard drive.

Gama
Jun 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
well you can run it from an external harddrive. :)

MrShoestore
Jun 29, 2012, 11:31 AM
well you can run it from an external harddrive. :)

that is a point, I didn't have a windows compatible hd at the time, but you could move the downloaded file to the external, then install it from there onto your main drive

Abdarrell
Jun 29, 2012, 08:52 PM
I guess I am full. Only around 2.5 gigs of space left. I don't know how to do what you said with the external harddrive, so should I just redownload bootcamp like you said? How big of a slice should I give it on the next partition, and would I lose anything by redownloading?