PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Question regarding specifics of "Standing Shot"

DreXxiN
Jun 29, 2012, 01:04 PM
I tried asking in the 'quick question' thread so I do believe it may have been buried, but in Ranger skill tree there is an ability called "Standing Shot". Now I do know it applies to the Assault Rifle but my question is..is it PA specific?

I currently have two PA's that could be classified as "standing shots", one being a standing snipe and another being a full automatic burst phase. If anyone can clarify what this applies to before I mistakenly spec for something I wouldn't want that'd be great :D.

Fusioneko
Jun 29, 2012, 01:35 PM
I just kind of assumed Standing shot applied as long as you weren't moving while shooting.

ClothoBuer
Jun 29, 2012, 01:43 PM
I tried asking in the 'quick question' thread so I do believe it may have been buried, but in Ranger skill tree there is an ability called "Standing Shot". Now I do know it applies to the Assault Rifle but my question is..is it PA specific?

I currently have two PA's that could be classified as "standing shots", one being a standing snipe and another being a full automatic burst phase. If anyone can clarify what this applies to before I mistakenly spec for something I wouldn't want that'd be great :D.

To my knowledge, the Standing Snipe skill requires you to be still while shooting, meaning any moving or jumping would not apply the bonus. Sneak Shot moves you as long as you hold the button down, so it likely would not apply, and One Point allows you to move freely much like you were simply using regular attacks. Given the disadvantages of standing still at any time, its only effective use is trash clearing on the way to a boss fight, since that's about the only time you can really stand still and not worry about taking a heavy blow. I'd sooner recommend Weak Hit Advance and Ranged Attack Up over Standing Snipe.

DreXxiN
Jun 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
Ah okay, thanks for the in depth help guys! I'll think about it :)