PDA

View Full Version : lol @ mag feed once every 6 minutes?

Kraiseson
Jun 29, 2012, 04:26 PM
Is that foreal? 5-6 minutes to feed it just once? Not 3 times..

Dang son...

Discuss

ashley50
Jun 29, 2012, 04:27 PM
Its the new MAG feeding system. Get over it.

Lostbob117
Jun 29, 2012, 04:30 PM
If you do one mission that would be 15mins you can feed it 3times plus it leveling is easy.

ellu
Jun 29, 2012, 04:36 PM
Mag lvling seems plenty fast.

Lord Yurka
Jun 29, 2012, 04:39 PM
I have no problem with the timing. I kind of prefer it since it should make raising multiple mags easier and less time consuming

Ueno54
Jun 29, 2012, 04:42 PM
I like the mag system. Usually get to feed it before I enter the boss room so it has energy.

Kimil Adrayne
Jun 29, 2012, 04:48 PM
This system is fine with me. Yup

Jakosifer
Jun 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
It's reasonably fast when you compare it to C.Lvling, it seems really slow at first, but its an adjustment.

Zhuu
Jun 29, 2012, 04:56 PM
I like this mag system to be honest

Sioken
Jun 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
The mag feeding system seems fine to me. Usually each mission I can feed it a good amount.

Kraiseson
Jun 29, 2012, 05:13 PM
Whats the max level for mags?

Lord Yurka
Jun 29, 2012, 05:21 PM
I believe it is 99 for the Beta

Mag-X
Jun 29, 2012, 05:29 PM
It seems really slow until you start finding better stuff to feed them. They level up way faster when fed better equipment.

KiroMatic
Jun 29, 2012, 06:17 PM
mag system is fine, after the mission I just give it 2 useless weapons I picked up which almost completely levels it every time.

velociti
Jun 29, 2012, 10:33 PM
I still don't like how everyone is always open to what developers put in for a rule or law... if they did 12 minutes you guys would think its fine, because you just trust what a dev does is right. Ever hear of criticism, you know, to help things get better? end rant, its always been around 3 minutes to feed(pso ep 1 2 4), 6 is too slow, and at lvl 90 feeding takes forever.

Lostbob117
Jun 29, 2012, 10:37 PM
I still don't like how everyone is always open to what developers put in for a rule or law... if they did 12 minutes you guys would think its fine, because you just trust what a dev does is right. Ever hear of criticism, you know, to help things get better? end rant, its always been around 3 minutes to feed(pso ep 1 2 4), 6 is too slow, and at lvl 90 feeding takes forever.

Patience is a key word.

HFlowen
Jun 29, 2012, 10:54 PM
It's most likely a ploy to get you impatient enough to buy those AC-based uber mag feed items that boost it several levels at once.

That said, my Mag is level 99 already, so it's not horribly slow.

Zinaida
Jun 29, 2012, 11:30 PM
My mag hit level 99 a few hours before I hit level 30. Personally, it's pretty fair. A lot of my friends were surprised at how fast my mag was leveling, though.

Lord Yurka
Jun 29, 2012, 11:54 PM
I still don't like how everyone is always open to what developers put in for a rule or law... if they did 12 minutes you guys would think its fine, because you just trust what a dev does is right. Ever hear of criticism, you know, to help things get better? end rant, its always been around 3 minutes to feed(pso ep 1 2 4), 6 is too slow, and at lvl 90 feeding takes forever.It is possible you meant this in a different way, but your wording suggests that we would blindly think that we would always follow what a dev does blindly. You act like trust is a bad thing, when I think it is just the opposite. We are trusting the developers to make proper decisions.

I suppose if you would like I could give constructive criticism on why 6 minutes is a reasonable enough time. Unlike PSO, PSO2 has a large number of missions that rely on time and those times are easier for some people to meet than others. Reducing the amount that the player has to micromanage during a quest should alleviate some of the pressure when dealing with timed missions, so if a quest has a time limit of 15 minutes, the player only has to feed his mag twice instead of 5 times, leaving the player to focus on the goals of the mission. The problem with a 3 minute system is that there might be a conflict between mission objective and mag feeding times, which would be annoying in a group.

Also, complaining that it takes a long time to feed a mag in the 90s doesn't really seem to be a valid argument since one can only assume that at higher levels (players included!) that it will take a longer time to level. There will eventually be a point where you will notice that leveling takes a long time, but be thankful that it happens at 90 and not 10.

Finally, a rant is usually more than one sentence.

Quatre52
Jun 30, 2012, 12:44 AM
Didn't like it when I heard about it, but it works perfect for me now.

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2012, 01:34 AM
As someone who raised mags specifically to trade in PSOBB and made multiple spreadsheets and used multiple programs just to plan out the perfect or "impossible" mag, I can only be thankful that I don't hear a dingaling every three minutes and don't have to pipe up to the ship every 9 or so (because really, who finds three monomates every three minutes in ultimate?).

This new system is great. It requires less feedings and each feeding gives you more progress.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 30, 2012, 03:40 AM
i've been pretty on top of feeding my mags the best items i can give it (70% of the time) for the most exp, and making sure it's never at 0% fullness.

i recently got it to level 99, with a focus on physical attaack. it has 67 physical attack and 32 ability. if it helps, my gameplay is around 120 hours or so. i also messed up and gave my mag too much ability so when feeding it weapons i had to make sure i depleted ability exp by giving it monomates, which unfortunately only ups patk exp very little.

but i have afk'ed in lobby for at least 10+ probably.

so you're looking at a rough estimate of ~100 hours to lvl 99, one stat focused mag generally. i'm sure with perfect planning (so you dont have to clean up things like ability exp like i did) and only giving it the best weapon, you may be able to achieve lvl 99 a little faster.

it is much faster and easier to achieve level 99 if you level other stats, however that also tends to be a waste of mag levels.

Darki
Jun 30, 2012, 04:02 AM
People actually think that is slow?

Jesus f**king Christ, gamers are getting more and more sissies over time. The OB has been up for only around a week and there's people already who has capped it. I got it to level 40 in a day and a half.

I assume they never tried to get a GH490 in PSU.

HectorSirdam
Jun 30, 2012, 06:10 AM
Once you get it to level 30, the next thing you know your Mag will be level 78. Goes by extremely quick after you stop caring a ton because you have your PB.