PDA

View Full Version : Bosses fighting each other XD

pepsicon
Jun 30, 2012, 12:29 AM
The other day I was doing a solo Forest free exploration run, and ran into a Code Duel for a Darker (the one that appeared in the opening video) and a Code Elimination for the Rockbear. And they starting duking it out right then and there without me having to do anything except cast the occasional Rafoie :lol:

Sadly, the Rockbear lost :/

But did anyone else encounter anything similar?

Hategull
Jun 30, 2012, 12:32 AM
Nothing quite that awesome. I did get stuck in the Code: Rescue shield during a duel with a dragon once. It kept fighting against against the horde of monsters that were spawning outside. By the time I got out there were meseta and item boxes everywhere.

Randomness
Jun 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
During CB, someone filmed Ragne and Dragon fighting.

Kanore
Jun 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
I've only seen native mobs fighting Dagans. Native creatures trying to clear the infestation is a cute little touch.

Randomness
Jun 30, 2012, 12:46 AM
I've only seen native mobs fighting Dagans. Native creatures trying to clear the infestation is a cute little touch.

It's even better in desert, when hard hitting dark mobs are fighting hard hitting robots. It's like a free Panic on EVERYTHING. (To be fair, in desert, I usually have panic on EVERYTHING from Gigrants spam :wacko:)

pepsicon
Jun 30, 2012, 01:00 AM
Can't wait to see more craziness in the desert :)

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2012, 01:15 AM
Oh wow, you can have different bosses appear and fight? Good god, I love emergent game design like that.

kp77
Jun 30, 2012, 01:36 AM
The other day I was doing a solo Forest free exploration run, and ran into a Code Duel for a Darker (the one that appeared in the opening video) and a Code Elimination for the Rockbear. And they starting duking it out right then and there without me having to do anything except cast the occasional Rafoie :lol:

Sadly, the Rockbear lost :/

But did anyone else encounter anything similar?

Do you have a screenshot or footage of that? or does anyone have?

pepsicon
Jun 30, 2012, 01:48 AM
Like Randomness said up there, sb seems to have filmed one of Ragne and Dragon from CB, but I didn't record mine :/

I'd personally really like to see Dragon and Ragne biting each other down in the volcanoes free run, simply because I hate Dragon so bad XD

Halcyote
Jun 30, 2012, 01:54 AM
i had that happen in a free forest run during closed beta. our party ran into dark ragne and then it changed over to a hollow corpse dark ragne after its defeat; because HCDR hits tons harder we had to lure it out to a more open area to try and minimize deaths. once we did though, a rockbear spawned for a code attack and they ended up fighting each other. rockbear won that fight but it still wanted to kill us so we had to kill it.

it was pretty epic. there's a video of it but i can't recall if you can actually see them both fighting each other

edit: here's the video at the exact time (http://youtu.be/iJLWRYlo_zM?hd=1&t=14m30s) when they start fighting; and it was two rockbears not one. moments like these are what make this game absolutely great.

kp77
Jun 30, 2012, 01:54 AM
During CB, someone filmed Ragne and Dragon fighting.

Do you have a link to that Randomness?

Like Randomness said up there, sb seems to have filmed one of Ragne and Dragon from CB, but I didn't record mine :/

I'd personally really like to see Dragon and Ragne biting each other down in the volcanoes free run, simply because I hate Dragon so bad XD

Yes, dragon is annoying isn't he.

darkante
Jun 30, 2012, 02:01 AM
I´ve seen a Ragne bullying a Catadran.
And 2 Ragne, one spawning directly beside the one that died...that were wierd.

pepsicon
Jun 30, 2012, 02:28 AM
edit: here's the video at the exact time (http://youtu.be/iJLWRYlo_zM?hd=1&t=14m30s) when they start fighting; and it was two rockbears not one. moments like these are what make this game absolutely great.

Epic :nerd: Power to the Rockbears XDD
And I agree with you on this aspect of the game making the experience great.
Though I'd appreciate it if there were an option to toggle the random events off when doing a timed run for Koffee >_> (Dragon+Ragne X2 in volcano free run comes to mind orz)

GoldenFalcon
Jun 30, 2012, 04:36 AM
hollow corpse dark ragne

Does that actually mean anything? They look the same
It's just hard to believe that they'd make a 2nd Ragne that's almost no different

HectorSirdam
Jun 30, 2012, 06:03 AM
Happened to me in a Free Caves run, I saw the boss appear on the map and kept seeing damage indicators on screen. Rushing in so I could assist the parties fighting, I find out that the damage was being done between Ragne and Vol Dragon. No other party was actually around to help so I just let them go at it and finished off Vol. He appeared to have been following me around that entire day, showing up at least once in 5 out of 6 runs in Free Caves to get my S-Rank to proceed to Lillipa. I was in love with the game a little bit more, even moreso when I saw the mob fights in the Desert.

TheBlackMage
Jun 30, 2012, 03:21 PM
Wow... o.O
I've only seen the native mobs fighting the invaders, never knew it was possible for bosses to fight each other. I'm loving this game more and more.

Halcyote
Jun 30, 2012, 03:27 PM
Does that actually mean anything? They look the same
It's just hard to believe that they'd make a 2nd Ragne that's almost no different
yeah i don't care for the lack of reskin, but they are different.