PDA

View Full Version : Are there Symbol Art/Chat Shortcuts?

UnLucky
Jun 30, 2012, 12:44 AM
I've been looking everywhere for this, but I can't find it anywhere

So I've got a bunch of Symbol Art in my list there, and I can open up the menu and navigate to where I've stored them, then I can finally display them to other players

But that's annoying to have to do every time, especially if I need to scroll to the bottom of the list, and doubly so if it's mid-mission

What I mean to say is, what's the shortcut for this? Ctrl+Function keys run your chat macros, is there something similar for symbol art? Or a chat command like /sa1 which would combine with /toge and /mn34 for the ultimate wordless communication possible?

It's disheartening to see it not paste a command into chat nor the chatlog when you send a symbol art, so it doesn't look like it's possible... I couldn't imagine them not allowing you to stick them in your autowords as it just seems so perfect, but it is Sega after all...

Kanore
Jun 30, 2012, 12:53 AM
if there isn't that's be great i'm already sick of the anime pictures of characters that i've seen a million times that a million characters are named after

UnLucky
Jun 30, 2012, 11:12 AM
Just today I saw like 30 new symbol arts so who have you been playing with?

I made and stole several that each have a purpose to them and would love to display a nice "congrats" image when someone levels up or something, is that too much to ask?

彩音~
Jun 30, 2012, 01:10 PM
Yes. Just say congrats

CyberNei
Jun 30, 2012, 03:00 PM
I've looked into this matter too and found no way to shortcut them. Only possible for quick text messages. I play on gamepad, kinda used to do all actions through menus, so there's no difference for me though. But... it's just lame, is it not.

Menochi
Jun 30, 2012, 03:57 PM
There is, and it is quite simple.

/symbol#
# is the slot of the symbol chat you wish to use. Omit proceeding zero.
Example: /symbol1

CyberNei
Jul 1, 2012, 01:37 AM
Well, that's good news. Thanks for the info. I suspected there could be something with these commands.

UnLucky
Jul 1, 2012, 05:19 AM
Yess! My life is complete, thank you. Did you find it on your own, or was it posted somewhere?

A shame they don't stack with /mn##, but now I can put some in my autoword shortcuts. Can always have 1/3 chance to get a symbol art as opposed to a chat macro, so they're not so annoying.

Also they just break welcome mats :< oh well