PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding CAST costumes

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 30, 2012, 02:28 AM
I already did a search for this and couldn't find anything on it, so I figured I would create a thread for it in hopes that someone could answer my question. Well, I recently searched around for some new stuff in shops and noticed that there was a tab for "costume". I ran a search for it and came up with costumes for female CASTs, none of which my character (who is also a female CAST) could even wear.

Why is that? I just don't understand what the restriction could possibly be. It's not like there are two different types of a CAST. You're either a CAST or you're not, lol. So, I tried digging around through Google and the closest thing I could find was a small picture that showed what my menu should bring up when I push F6:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Costume-and-Unit.jpg

Mine isn't like that though. Where the costume is, I have three slots (much like the ones to the right), which show: Arm, Body, Legs. I thought maybe the costume feature had some kind of level restriction. That was the only reason I could come up with as to why I couldn't equip one yet, despite being level 15.

I remember back in PSU, sure, we had different parts, but if you had a costume, you could replace all of those parts with the costume. So I'm just a little confused as to why it doesn't work that way here. Well, in any case, I'm all out of ideas here, so if anybody could help me with this little issue, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I should also note, I looked at the character creation again to see if I may have missed something when making my CAST (like a "costume" option as opposed to "parts" option), but found nothing that could have made me different in this regard. I know they can be worn too, cause I saw two female CASTs wearing the same costume earlier when I was on (looks kind of like a long gown).

Xerrith
Jun 30, 2012, 03:12 AM
What you see up in that screen shot is Human / Newman clothes, and the armor you have currently equipped. The costumes you're referring to are most likely Human / Newman clothes, which CASTs can't equip. However, there is a shop in the downstairs area that sells CAST parts as well as Human / Newman clothes. Hope this helps!

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 30, 2012, 04:35 AM
Really? I don't understand why it reads, "CAST" and "Female" in the item description though. That's the first time I've seen my own description put in that field rather than the requirements of the actual item itself.

I could have sworn I saw a couple of CASTs wearing costumes earlier. They sure looked like CASTs anyway. Maybe it was the arm, leg, and rear parts that threw me off or something. Well, I certainly hope CASTs can equip costumes later. There were a couple from PSU that I liked.

GoldenFalcon
Jun 30, 2012, 04:39 AM
Really? I don't understand why it reads, "CAST" and "Female" in the item description though.

It actually says
Race: Other than Cast

The little symbols matter

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 30, 2012, 05:12 AM
It actually says
Race: Other than Cast

The little symbols matter

Little symbols, lol. Yes, I know the characters matter. I'm not good with kanji though, mainly just katakana and hiragana.

The female CAST sure looks like she got screwed out of parts though, that's for sure. I was just checking out the random stuff the male CAST gets and geez. I only get 3 body parts to choose from, they get like... 5+.

I sure hope Sega does something to rectify this at some point =3=

GoldenFalcon
Jun 30, 2012, 05:17 AM
The female CAST sure looks like she got screwed out of parts though, that's for sure. I was just checking out the random stuff the male CAST gets and geez. I only get 3 body parts to choose from, they get like... 5+.

If there are more male Cast parts than the shop carries, I'd love to know about them, since I only know about 3

IAmSecretSpy
Jun 30, 2012, 06:07 AM
Meh any Male Cast Part i have makes me look like an over sized Mech, yet the Female Casts can have more of a human like appearance other then there face. WHY CANT I HAVE THAT!

TetsuyaHikari
Jun 30, 2012, 12:05 PM
If there are more male Cast parts than the shop carries, I'd love to know about them, since I only know about 3

I saw over 5 body parts for the male CAST when I checked the shop. Granted, they looked more like costumes. Some of them still looked badass though.

*sigh* A shame the female CASTs don't have stuff like that (yet?).

Chik'Tikka
Jun 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
in CBT when i had my rappy suit, i put it on the body slot and it covered the whole body, so for special CAST outfits, I'd imagine it's the same way. i am disappointed in the lack of options for Caseals though, in PSU i had some 20 items in my character's inventory for outfits+^_^+

Reyva
Jun 30, 2012, 01:05 PM
Eh I played a female cast closed beta and at first liked their parts. Then pre open beta, same thing. Then for some reason, open beta came and I couldn't be one. Just didn't like their current parts and is it just me or are the colors slightly different for male and female casts due to parts? For example, I was able to get the dark cool looking red I was able to get on my male cast, but not my female cast.

Anyways, I like some of the male cast parts since I actually didn't want to appear more humane (even though I have a human head basically), but I hope they come out with more interesting things in the future. I know at start, PSU was limited in cast parts in general, but that was changed. And no offense, but most of the male cast parts in PSU weren't all that great which is why I didn't play one in the first place.

Eh didn't like the rappy outfit on my characters either. Dunno, was never crazy about that even in PSU.